fred33
04-26-2006, 01:40 PM
i love this interview the parker family is great :blah

Lebowski Brickowski
04-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Where can I read it?

travis2
04-26-2006, 02:07 PM
http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/[email protected],241621@ video.woai.com,[email protected],241623@video. woai.com,[email protected]&navCatId=15&2=2

Video only...no transcript.

fred33
04-26-2006, 02:11 PM
it's a great story the family parker i love the way he spoke about tony and eva a regular couple

SA210
04-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Wow Kori,

Great interview, you asked some really great insightful questions that we as fans think about. That was really good.

Tony's dad seems like a very wise and honest man. Cool :tu

Vashner
04-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Great interview...

Vinnie_Johnson
04-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Nice job Kori only thing I would change is talk with your hands less.

Rocky Balboa
04-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Nice job Kori only thing I would change is talk with your hands less.

Yo!, I talk wit my hands all the time, you know.

It don't botha me none.

I'm proud of you Kori, you done a great job. You had the "Eye of the Tiger".

thispego
04-26-2006, 02:50 PM
lets see, how should i put this
that was a great compliment from tony sr. about doing your homework, Kori

angel_luv
04-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Tony's dad is super nice.

Last night at the game he came into the Terrace Club just to see if anyone he knows was in and stopped by our hostess stand just to say hello.

:)

kris
04-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Awesome interview. I think Kori's skills continue to improve with experience. Great questions and lead-ins. Tony Sr. could be a diplomat. He was very well spoken and graceful in his responses. Very impressive all the way around.

Kori, how come you aren't in more spots in the media? You flourish in writing, interviews, discussion segments, and analysis.

boutons_
04-26-2006, 04:13 PM
is this to be shown on TV or relegated to the video archives?

Kori Ellis
04-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Click Here For The Interview (http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=241670)

J.T.
04-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Nice interview, I wish I was still going to UTSA so I could see Tony's bro play.

Kori Ellis
04-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Sorry for reposting it:) I didn't know you all were on top of it.

I have been out to lunch with Mr. Parker for the last few hours and just got home.

Thanks for the compliments. He's a very cool guy.

Kori Ellis
04-26-2006, 04:35 PM
is this to be shown on TV or relegated to the video archives?

Pieces of it may be teased on the news. But it's mainly just for the website.

timvp
04-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Very nice job :tu

Cool guy and I can see how Tony Parker was a phenom at 19 or whatever it was.

ducks
04-26-2006, 04:50 PM
was tony parker there at lunch with you or just his dad

Kori Ellis
04-26-2006, 04:50 PM
was tony parker there at lunch with you or just his dad

Mr. Parker Sr., LJ, Slomo and myself.

timvp
04-26-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm going to pin this. :hat

makedamnsure
04-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Very cool

spurschick
04-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Hmmm.... getting more and more perturbed that I can't see these videos :pctoss

Kori Ellis
04-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Hmmm.... getting more and more perturbed that I can't see these videos :pctoss

Let me see if there's a way you can watch it on Mac.

There should be.

spurschick
04-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Let me see if there's a way you can watch it on Mac.

There should be.

Thanks - there must be some way to overthrow Cyber Bob's PC Nazi regime. :spin

Spurologist
04-26-2006, 05:37 PM
kori is BIG TIME. Great interview

SequSpur
04-26-2006, 05:39 PM
I don't understand why I am not involved in these activities.

Kori Ellis
04-26-2006, 05:40 PM
I don't understand why I am not involved in these activities.

Me either.

You need a better agent :spin

T Park
04-26-2006, 07:32 PM
excellent interview.

Kori doesn't use her hands too much, whoever the asshat was that said that, quiet down bozo.

Tony Sr comes off as a very humble and good man.

Great stuff.

Sec24Row7
04-26-2006, 07:49 PM
I talked to him the other day at the game.

Cool dude.

Very well spoken, intelligent and polite man.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-26-2006, 07:55 PM
excellent interview.

Kori doesn't use her hands too much, whoever the asshat was that said that, quiet down bozo.

Tony Sr comes off as a very humble and good man.

Great stuff.

Lighten up I thought she did a great job the hand talking was just IMO I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

T Park
04-26-2006, 07:57 PM
the hand talking was just IMO

Didn't need to be brought up...

Scobe
04-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Lighten up I thought she did a great job the hand talking was just IMO I wasn't trying to be a jerk.
No, YOU lighten up...

Vinnie_Johnson
04-26-2006, 07:59 PM
No, YOU lighten up...

Piss off !!!

Kori Ellis
04-26-2006, 08:00 PM
:lol

I don't mind that you brought up the hand talking. I am aware of it and know I use my hands a lot - I'm very animated. But it's not something I'm really going to work on changing, unless for some reason I decide to do TV reporting on a regular basis or something.

So no reason to cuss each other out over it. :lol

Vinnie_Johnson
04-26-2006, 08:03 PM
:lol

I don't mind that you brought up the hand talking. I am aware of it and know I use my hands a lot - I'm very animated. But it's not something I'm really going to work on changing, unless for some reason I decide to do TV reporting on a regular basis or something.

So no reason to cuss each other out over it. :lol

I wasn't trying to be mean I thought you did a great job Kori.

Kori Ellis
04-26-2006, 08:03 PM
I wasn't trying to be mean I thought you did a great job Kori.

I know you weren't. I wasn't offended at all.

And thanks.

T Park
04-26-2006, 08:05 PM
suck up....

Vinnie_Johnson
04-26-2006, 08:16 PM
suck up....

Whatever :lol :flipoff

angel_luv
04-26-2006, 08:18 PM

If you learn how to beat it, please do tell. :)

whottt
04-26-2006, 08:23 PM
I gotta say that was a good interview...I hate interviews where the reporter asks a bunch of stupid meaningless questions that leaves the interviewee rolling his eyes...

Those questions were very insightful, the sports questions were really good, and there wasn't much I was left wanting to know. Good job Kori.

As for Parker Senior...to me he's just like Tony, he's very smooth and honest...I think he does come off as a little more humble and perhaps a little more conservative than Tony, but that sort of thing comes with age...Tony hasn't been humbled yet.
But it's easy to see where Tony gets his poise and confidence from, and Parker Senior comes off as really likeable.

whottt
04-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey Kori..can you confirm a story I read years ago right after the Spurs drafted Tony?

I always heard that Parker Senior took his boys to meet the original Dream Team back in 92, when they were really young, and one of the players they actually got to meet was David Robinson...IIRC DRob picked TJ up and put him on his shoulders for a bit and for that reason Drob and the Spurs were always TJ's favorite team...

Can you confirm this? I think it was an interview with Tony where I read this...He said the Bulls were always his favorite team because of Jordan...but he said TJ was always a Spur and David Robinson fan because of that experience.

Kori Ellis
04-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Thanks, Whottt (and everyone else).

One thing that I learned today was interesting. I had always read that after Tony went to the Nike Hoops Summit in 2000 and was recruited by Georgia Tech and UCLA, that he had decided to return to France for one more year instead of going to college. Well according to Mr. Parker, he didn't decide that .. the NCAA declared him ineligible to play in college. I thought that was interesting.

Kori Ellis
04-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Hey Kori..can you confirm a story I read years ago right after the Spurs drafted Tony?

I always heard that Parker Senior took his boys to meet the original Dream Team back in 92, when they were really young, and one of the players they actually got to meet was David Robinson...IIRC DRob picked TJ up and put him on his shoulders for a bit and for that reason Drob and the Spurs were always TJ's favorite team...

Can you confirm this? I think it was an interview with Tony where I read this...He said the Bulls were always his favorite team because of Jordan...but he said TJ was always a Spur and David Robinson fan because of that experience.

I can ask about that for you. I know that they went and met the Dream Team, but I'll ask about the story with TJ.

NZHayden
04-26-2006, 09:37 PM
nice

CyberBob
04-26-2006, 09:51 PM

Hey! That hurts!

Sense
04-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Keep up the good work Kori.... great questions, and what else can we expect from you. I think he also noticed you were a big fan, knowing your information unlike other WOAI guys *cough*...

Anyways, great interview.

1Parker1
04-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Wow, Kori! I'm so jealous...you have a great job and you're really good at what you do :)

PS. I hope you slipped him my number to pass on to Tony ;)

Horry For 3!
04-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Good stuff :tu

Solid D
04-27-2006, 01:00 AM
Kori,
That was a very fluid and smooth interview. You seemed confident and at ease and I think that carried over to Tony Sr. He seemed to be pretty straight-forward with his answers and I got the impression that he may not have considered a couple of those questions before...therefore, you didn't get a pre-packaged or prepared response (i.e. who on the Spurs most resembles his game).

I'm curious...did Tony Sr. give an indication of how he thought the interview went, afterwards?

Kori Ellis
04-27-2006, 01:05 AM
Kori,
That was a very fluid and smooth interview. You seemed confident and at ease and I think that carried over to Tony Sr. He seemed to be pretty straight-forward with his answers and I got the impression that he may not have considered a couple of those questions before...therefore, you didn't get a pre-packaged or prepared response on those.

I'm curious...did Tony Sr. give an indication of how he thought the interview went, afterwards?

Thanks. He actually thought it was great. It went so well at WOAI that Leslie Bohl-Jones did a brief interview with him right afterward (and used some of my questions :lol) for The Living Show.

I had cleared the personal questions with him beforehard to make sure that nothing was out of line. He didn't know which basketball related questions I was going to ask and he told me repeatedly that he was impressed by my research, etc.

He's a good man. We talk often at games and he's a big fan of Kori Ellis/Round Tables/SpursZONE. :)

When we went out to lunch we had an opportunity to talk a lot more basketball (and other stuff), he's a very intelligent, opinionated man who has brought his boys up right. Props to him (and Tony's mother) in that regard.

ShoogarBear
04-27-2006, 01:09 AM
For some strange reason I couldn't get the video to play.

Kori Ellis
04-27-2006, 01:11 AM
For some strange reason I couldn't get the video to play.

Any error messages?

Kamnik
04-27-2006, 01:49 AM
hey all

uhm.... whenever i try to see something at woai.com it just says loading and doesnt actually start working

any ideas why? (and yeah; i have that x control thingie or whatever it wanted for me to download ;) (

i would be very grateful if someone could help me out with this

i love to watch post gaem interwievs etc

Chris
04-27-2006, 01:53 AM
Jeez, where else are you going to get an inside interview from Tony Parker's Dad!?

Dad looked a little nervous at times but a good smile will always remedy an awkward situation. Definitely an intelligent man, so its not hard to see what makes Tony Parker a good point guard.

Great interview!

Kori Ellis
04-27-2006, 01:55 AM
hey all

uhm.... whenever i try to see something at woai.com it just says loading and doesnt actually start working

any ideas why? (and yeah; i have that x control thingie or whatever it wanted for me to download ;) (

I don't know why, but please email [email protected] and tell him the problem. Let him know what type of computer/operating system you have and he should help you resolve it.

Tell him that I told you to email him.

Kamnik
04-27-2006, 01:59 AM
I don't know why, but please email [email protected] and tell him the problem. Let him know what type of computer/operating system you have and he should help you resolve it.

Tell him that I told you to email him.

thx Kori

Chris
04-27-2006, 02:00 AM
hey all

Probably a codec problem or maybe a pop-up blocker problem? What kind of internet browser are you using? Have you updated it? Also, make sure you have the latest DivX codecs (even if WOAI doesn't use DivX, it's still useful to have them) and make sure you have the latest DirectX.

polandprzem
04-27-2006, 02:05 AM
Probably a codec problem or maybe a pop-up blocker problem? What kind of internet browser are you using? Have you updated it? Also, make sure you have the latest DivX codecs (even if WOAI doesn't use DivX, it's still useful to have them) and make sure you have the latest DirectX.

I must watch the videos on IE cause on Opera it is not working.

RashoFan
04-27-2006, 03:22 AM
Very nice interview Kori!!! I thought you looked great and it definately showed that you had done your homework. I definately liked the question Which member of the Spurs do you look forward to see play, unfortunately he didn't quite answer that question, BUT I was pleased to know that he feels his style is much like Manu's.
So who are you gonna interview next?

T-Pain
04-27-2006, 05:26 AM
great interview Kori

alamo50
04-27-2006, 07:10 AM
It's pretty sweet to see you develop Kori.
Offcourse I never heard you do UCLA radio, but I am pretty sure you never had the spotlight (a dusty cloud hoovering over you) over there in Lalaland than you got right now over here in SA!

Keep up the good work.
Next interview GOT to be with D-Rob!

kalikot_boy_kr
04-27-2006, 07:43 AM
:princess HEY KORI! UR SUCH A PRETTY NICE BABY, THANKS, VERY NICE ONE.... IT LOOKS LIKE TONY IS A RAPPER AND HIS DAD IS AMAZING COWBOY...IT JUST A COMPLEMENT.....HIHIHI

ShoogarBear
04-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Any error messages?

No, it would saying "loading" and then nothing. I'm going to try on another computer later.

EDIT: Seems to be the same problem Kamnik is having.

carina_gino20
04-27-2006, 08:32 AM
that was a really good interview Kori! both of you seemed comfortable with it. nice highlights btw.. :spin

spurschick
04-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Hey! That hurts!

Then fix it!!! I asked you about this at Scott's when we played poker. I don't have problems viewing videos on other sites, so I don't understand why the ones on WOAI aren't Mac compatible.

angel_luv
04-27-2006, 02:29 PM
No, it would saying "loading" and then nothing. I'm going to try on another computer later.

EDIT: Seems to be the same problem Kamnik is having.

Same with me. I can hear it just fine but I get no picture.

Kori Ellis
04-27-2006, 02:33 PM
If you are using a PC and Explorer you shouldn't be having any problems. The videos don't work in Mac or on Firefox as far as I know.

You need to email [email protected] to help you.

pache100
04-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Great interview, Kori, I really enjoyed it.

spurschick
04-27-2006, 03:07 PM
If you are using a PC and Explorer you shouldn't be having any problems. The videos don't work in Mac or on Firefox as far as I know.

You need to email [email protected] to help you.

I've done that, but he never has answered. I'll just hassle him at the GTG on Friday. :lol Maybe he and Slomo can talk some shop and come up with a solution.

SA210
04-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Kori, Since we can hardly see anything like that with Timmy, do you think you could get an interview with Tim like that?

About his real thoughts on SA, D-Rob, his legacy, growing up, his thoughts on Tony's rapping :lol, . I usually hear and see his story being told by others.

Maybe you could get an insightful interview with him. Just curious. Manu and Tony would be good to.

Duncan21
04-27-2006, 04:16 PM
great interview Kori, you obviously did your homework! :clap

Kori Ellis
04-27-2006, 06:58 PM
I've done that, but he never has answered. I'll just hassle him at the GTG on Friday. :lol Maybe he and Slomo can talk some shop and come up with a solution.

I was actually talking to the people were having problems on PC. :lol

I know that you've emailed him.