PDA

View Full Version : The Hidden Homer Tonight on Terrorism

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-05-2004, 11:00 PM
I don't think it's gotten much play in the analysis, but Cheney made the comment that suicide bombings were down in Israel thanks to us getting rid of Saddam.

And you know, I think the man's got a point, and a damn good one at that. I think I can count the number of suicide bombings in the last 4-5 months on one hand.

exstatic
10-05-2004, 11:02 PM
So, US troops are dying so Israel can be safer? Fuck that.

Yonivore
10-05-2004, 11:02 PM
I don't think it's gotten much play in the analysis, but Cheney made the comment that suicide bombings were down in Israel thanks to us getting rid of Saddam.

And you know, I think the man's got a point, and a damn good one at that. I think I can count the number of suicide bombings in the last 4-5 months on one hand.
It's no coincidence, I assure you.

exstatic
10-05-2004, 11:04 PM
Irrellevant to this election. I don't give a fuck how safe Israel is now.

Duff McCartney
10-05-2004, 11:06 PM
I think it's cool that we toppled Saddam so Israel can be more safe while they build illegal homes on Palestinian land and force hundreds of Palestinians to be homeless.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-05-2004, 11:06 PM
ex,

Even your boy Edwards said we should help Israel be safe, and that Israel had every right to defend itself.

Yonivore
10-05-2004, 11:07 PM
I think it's cool that we toppled Saddam so Israel can be more safe while they build illegal homes on Palestinian land and force hundreds of Palestinians to be homeless.
Me too, Duff. Kum Bah Yah!

IcemanCometh
10-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Maybe we don't hear about suicide bombs in Israel cause theres a little thing going on nearby in Iraq. So those just don't get reported when they happen.

Yonivore
10-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Irrellevant to this election. I don't give a fuck how safe Israel is now.
I don't think so. The drop in suicide bombers is either due to the stop payments on Saddam's checks or the wall. Pick your poison because, it sure ain't diplomacy.

Yonivore
10-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Maybe we don't hear about suicide bombs in Israel cause theres a little thing going on nearby in Iraq. So those just don't get reported when they happen.
No, they still get reported...when they happen. There was one the other day.

exstatic
10-05-2004, 11:41 PM
...and that Israel had every right to defend itself.

AHF, I agree, but I think that is NOT a reason to invade Iraq. People here are using that as some sort of justification, and it just ISN'T.

American boys are dying, and don't you all dare wrap that in some weak "Israel is safer" BS. I don't GAF about how safe Israel is now.

Yonivore
10-05-2004, 11:43 PM
AHF, I agree, but I think that is NOT a reason to invade Iraq. People here are using that as some sort of justification, and it just ISN'T.

American boys are dying, and don't you all dare wrap that in some weak "Israel is safer" BS. I don't GAF about how safe Israel is now.
Are you really that simple?

Do you think the justifications are skipping from one to another?

The $25,000 payments to "Palestinian" terrorists was yet ANOTHER legitimate justification for invading Iraq. Not THE justification.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-05-2004, 11:53 PM
I'm not using it to justify going into Iraq, just to poke a hole in the oft-discussed liberal insistance that there was NO link between Saddam and terrorism.

I'm not about to shrug off the fact our troops are dying so Israel can be safer. On the Iraq note I am glad to see us wiping some places clean (Samarra and a new offensive starting tonight) of insurgents.

If we had taken the gloves off in Fallujah a few weeks back, there'd probably be a lot more dead bad guys, and several less dead good guys :(

My original post was more of a "you know, hadn't thought about it, but damn if he isn't right..."

Nbadan
10-06-2004, 02:45 AM
I guess Cheney just innocently forgot to mention that suicide car bombings in Iraq are way up since Saddam was ousted. Let me see...american lives or Israeli lives...not a tough choice.

Marcus Bryant
10-06-2004, 08:50 AM
way up since Saddam was ousted.

Well good. How about terrorist attacks on the continental US?

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-06-2004, 01:26 PM
Dan, we didn't go into Iraq for Israel.

Cheney's note on Israel's problems is just a peripheral effect of our work in Iraq.

The most important number of attacks: 0 in the U.S. since we went in.

Yonivore
10-06-2004, 01:33 PM
I guess Cheney just innocently forgot to mention that suicide car bombings in Iraq are way up since Saddam was ousted.
Well, gee, it couldn't be because there's a war raging in Iraq, could it?

"Let me see...american lives or Israeli lives...not a tough choice.
Non sequitur. It's not a trade.

Israelies are benefitting from the sacrifice being made by our soldiers in Iraq. As are the Spanish, the French, the Russians, the Brits, and on and on and on...

But, if you want to analogize the two. If I were told to make a choice between having terrorists in an environment flush with the best equipped, best trained, leanest, meanest army the planet has ever known or, having terrorists in an environment flush with Israeli women and children; I'm sure the U.S. Military would understand why I see them as being more equipped to deal with the issue.