PDA

View Full Version : Its Time... Kings Fishing Time!!

mcornelio
04-27-2006, 07:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/mcornelio/lingcod-fishing.jpg
BRAD MILLER...

xcoriate
04-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Too early, all we've done so far is hold serve.

mcornelio
04-27-2006, 07:41 AM
its still fun

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
04-27-2006, 07:47 AM
Remember the Seattle series last year. Up 2-0, came back 2-2. Spurs will win, but I think the series ain't over yet...

leemajors
04-27-2006, 07:48 AM
premature ejaculation forum

Ginofan
04-27-2006, 07:48 AM
too early.

mcornelio
04-27-2006, 07:58 AM
you guys are premature ejaculation killers...

NoMoneyDown
04-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Keep 'em coming mcornelio, some yahoos here wouldn't see a championship if it were staring them right in the face.

nkdlunch
04-27-2006, 09:08 AM
WTF??? This series just started :rolleyes

it's gonna be longer than most expect. beleive that

jman3000
04-27-2006, 10:31 AM
What's with this site and everybody trying to be a jinx? Sure things don't look good for the Kings... but anything can happen. Injuries (knocks on wood), suspensions (knocks on wood), a player you've never heard of going ballistic (happened already... but... knock on wood).

Obstructed_View
04-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Too early, all we've done so far is hold serve.
I hope all teams without home court advantage against the Spurs believe that.

mavsfan1000
04-27-2006, 01:15 PM
If the Kings were any good than this could be a jinx but I think it is safe to say the Kings are too soft to beat the spurs. The kings' help defense is non-existant and Parker will go off in game 3 again.

thispego
04-27-2006, 02:38 PM
BRAD MILLER...
are you stupid? how arrogant

Scobe
04-27-2006, 02:54 PM
are you stupid? how arrogant
Damn, lighten up buddy. This is part of the fun of being a fan. You and I aren't playing the game so we don't have to worry about putting in the work to win. We'll let the World Champs do it and we will sit back and enjoy the show. There is no such thing as jinx or any other goofy crap (meant for the previous poster) like that. The team that wins in a 7 game series deserved to win, and if it isn't your team then blame the players/coaches/management and not because some fan called a premature victory. HAVE FUN WITH IT MAN!! As much as we would like to believe we have some control over it, we don't. So to quote Hunter H. Thompson:

"Buy the ticket. Take the ride."

cheguevara
04-27-2006, 02:56 PM
^ this coming from an Orlando Magic fan? welcome to the bandwagon.

It's not only stupid to post a fishing pic, when the series just started but also could be a jinx. goddam newbies

thispego
04-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Damn, lighten up buddy. This is part of the fun of being a fan. You and I aren't playing the game so we don't have to worry about putting in the work to win. We'll let the World Champs do it and we will sit back and enjoy the show. There is no such thing as jinx or any other goofy crap (meant for the previous poster) like that. The team that wins in a 7 game series deserved to win, and if it isn't your team then blame the players/coaches/management and not because some fan called a premature victory. HAVE FUN WITH IT MAN!! As much as we would like to believe we have some control over it, we don't. So to quote Hunter H. Thompson:

"Buy the ticket. Take the ride."
complacency is a killer
and as stupid as it is to call a series over before its over
you'll feel 100 x's dumber if they end up losing

i'm all ofr the fishing pictures after the Kings are out of the picture but this is obviously just out of boredom.

Scobe
04-27-2006, 03:01 PM
^ this coming from an Orlando Magic fan? welcome to the bandwagon.

It's not only stupid to post a fishing pic, when the series just started but also could be a jinx. goddam newbies
I am a life long south texas resident. Just put the magic thing on there to be different from everyone else.

And there are NO SUCH THINGS AS JINXES!!!!! The Spurs and Kings control what happens on the court, not you or me or anything that anyone else says or does. The reason people believe in jinxes in sports is because the team just so happens to lose on the same night that someone said they would win or on a night that someone forgot to do some superstitious crap. We control our own destiny, and so do the players. The Spurs are the better team in this series, and if they execute well then they will win regardless of any jinx or voodoo or whatnot.

cheguevara
04-27-2006, 03:04 PM
we'll see. a lot of basketball to play in this series

Scobe
04-27-2006, 03:05 PM
complacency is a killer
and as stupid as it is to call a series over before its over
you'll feel 100 x's dumber if they end up losing

i'm all ofr the fishing pictures after the Kings are out of the picture but this is obviously just out of boredom.

Yes it is a killer... For the Spurs players and coaches!! Not for you and me or any other fans in regards to professional basketball. That's my point. Manu, Timmy, TP, and the rest had better NOT have this "fishing" mentality. They better see every game as their potential last of the season, and play accordingly. But the FANS don't have anything to do with the game. Our only job (for the fans at the games) is to yell and make tremendous amounts of noise and cheer to make the environment difficult for opposing players. But we do not play the games, and some thread in a sports forum is not going to have any effect on the way the series goes.

Scobe
04-27-2006, 03:08 PM
we'll see. a lot of basketball to play in this series
Yep. And the Spurs Players better take it damn seriously and prepare. But we dont have to prepare for anything. All we have to do is watch and enjoy.

cheguevara
04-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Yep. And the Spurs Players better take it damn seriously and prepare. But we dont have to prepare for anything. All we have to do is watch and enjoy.

dude u don't sound like a true fan. True fans physically hurt when their team loses. I know damn well if Spurs lose, I will be sick and pissed for days. So this is why its retarded to post fishing pics. I'm out

thispego
04-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Yes it is a killer... For the Spurs players and coaches!! Not for you and me or any other fans in regards to professional basketball. That's my point. Manu, Timmy, TP, and the rest had better NOT have this "fishing" mentality. They better see every game as their potential last of the season, and play accordingly. But the FANS don't have anything to do with the game. Our only job (for the fans at the games) is to yell and make tremendous amounts of noise and cheer to make the environment difficult for opposing players. But we do not play the games, and some thread in a sports forum is not going to have any effect on the way the series goes.

so what fucking thread are we supposed to start when the Kings actually are eliminated??duhhhh It's Time...Again...Kings Fishing Time....still!!!!
it's jumping the gun, plain and simple

i'm not a believer of jinxes or many superstitions
i AM a believer in delayed gratification

If yall want a gone fishing thread so fucking bad there was 14 other teams that didnt even make the playoffs.... go ahead, have a ball

nkdlunch
04-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Its Time...

No it's not time dumbass

Scobe
04-27-2006, 03:34 PM
dude u don't sound like a true fan. True fans physically hurt when their team loses. I know damn well if Spurs lose, I will be sick and pissed for days. So this is why its retarded to post fishing pics. I'm out
I feel the same way you do man!! I love the Spurs and have been since I was 5. It's not that I don't care if they win or lose, because I obviously want them to win. I just realize that:
1) I, as a fan, have absolutely no control over the outcome of a game. I still rub my hat and wear my lucky jersey and shirt just like everyone else, but I realize that (although it is fun) it doesn't have any effect on the game.
2) I'm not gonna call someone stupid just because they post some premature celebration message on this forum (which is where all of this started). I know this forum has absolutely no bearing on the game, it is just a place for people to talk about the games and other things. If that guy wants to post this thread early, then so be it. I don't agree with it, but he has a right to do so. You have a right to not respond and let this thread die. This thread is gonna be on page 20 by the time the series is actually over, so then just make another "fishing" thread. Is is really that damn hard???

Scobe
04-27-2006, 03:36 PM
so what fucking thread are we supposed to start when the Kings actually are eliminated??duhhhh It's Time...Again...Kings Fishing Time....still!!!!
it's jumping the gun, plain and simple

i'm not a believer of jinxes or many superstitions
i AM a believer in delayed gratification

If yall want a gone fishing thread so fucking bad there was 14 other teams that didnt even make the playoffs.... go ahead, have a ball
What fucking difference does it make?? Just make another thread with other creative pictures when the Spurs finish the Kings. This thread will be long gone by then. Chill and enjoy yourself. You don't want to have a damn stroke over this, do you??

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Hopefully the Spurs won't share in your opinion that the series is over.

Scobe
04-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Exactly.

thispego
04-27-2006, 03:53 PM
I feel the same way you do man!! I love the Spurs and have been since I was 5. It's not that I don't care if they win or lose, because I obviously want them to win. I just realize that:
1) I, as a fan, have absolutely no control over the outcome of a game. I still rub my hat and wear my lucky jersey and shirt just like everyone else, but I realize that (although it is fun) it doesn't have any effect on the game.
2) I'm not gonna call someone stupid just because they post some premature celebration message on this forum (which is where all of this started). I know this forum has absolutely no bearing on the game, it is just a place for people to talk about the games and other things. If that guy wants to post this thread early, then so be it. I don't agree with it, but he has a right to do so. You have a right to not respond and let this thread die. This thread is gonna be on page 20 by the time the series is actually over, so then just make another "fishing" thread. Is is really that damn hard???
actually i asked him if he was stupid

G-Nob
04-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Lock This Thread!!!!

KingsFanWithoutName
04-27-2006, 04:34 PM
I opened this ready to tear into everyone who posted King's fishing pics because the series is far from over..........................but, to my pleasant surprise, most of you felt the same way I did. You guys all showed me you are knowledgeable fans (most of you) and I respect that.

Cheers and here is to an exciting game 3.

Guru of Nothing
04-27-2006, 04:46 PM
If only we could combine "gone fishing" with the wave!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/Disneykat/7-17-05/DSC03006.jpg

nkdlunch
05-01-2006, 10:28 PM
BRAD MILLER...

:lmao wonder why the image is not available anymore

RON ARTEST
05-02-2006, 12:48 AM
damn i hope you guys didnt jinx yourselves. i didnt even see this thread before today.

LakerHater
05-02-2006, 12:51 AM
It's a brand new series...best of 3 & Spurs have home court advantage!!!

Kori Ellis
05-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Damn this was a premature ejaculation thread of epic proportions.

Spurs fans need to stop counting their chickens.

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2006, 01:05 AM
whoever started this is a moron

mouse
05-02-2006, 01:08 AM
Spurs fans need to stop counting their chickens.

They will once the Spurs stop choking theirs :lmao

Sacramental
05-02-2006, 01:15 AM
boy all these pre-mature threads make me even more anxious to see the kings win the series!