PDA

View Full Version : All Hail the Bush Economy!!

Nbadan
04-27-2006, 05:33 PM
http://www.nps.gov/ozar/Depression%20Food%20Line.JPG
Yeah, even soup-lines are back!!

April 19, 2006 — RealtyTrac(TM), the leading online marketplace for foreclosure properties, today released its March 2006 U.S. Foreclosure Market Report, which shows 101,597 properties nationwide entered some stage of foreclosure in March, a 13 percent decrease from the previous month but a 63 percent increase from March 2005. The report shows a March national foreclosure rate of one new foreclosure for every 1,138 U.S. households.

(So much for the 'booming' Bu$hCo economy!)

Over 57,000 homes have been lost to foreclosure in just nine states – and this was only for the month of March:

Colorado's foreclosure rate leapfrogged to highest among the states…5,392properties entering some stage of foreclosure in March…

After spending the two previous months as highest in the nation, Georgia's foreclosure rate dropped to second highest…a total of 7,656 properties entering some stage of foreclosure in March…

With a total of 4,933 properties entering some stage of foreclosure in March, Indiana's foreclosure rate…

Utah foreclosures increased 21 percent from the previous month…a total of 1,437 properties entering some stage of foreclosure in March, a foreclosure rate of one new foreclosure for every 535 households and a 32 percent year-over-year increase.

Texas documented the most new foreclosures of any state for the fourth month in a row…a total of 11,951 properties…

Florida …reported 9,283 properties entering some stage of foreclosure in March -- the third most of any state and a foreclosure rate 1.5 times the national average.

RIS Media (http:// /rismedia.com/index.php/article/articleview/14241/1/1/)

Clandestino
04-27-2006, 09:28 PM
nice try, but more people than ever own homes in the united states than ever before...

RandomGuy
04-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Actually, for the first time in a long time there are some real signs that the economy is picking up a bit.

There are still some endemic weaknesses (i.e proverbial time bombs) but from a lot of what I have read recently, things are actually looking pretty good.

Hopefully we can pull something out of our asses before the aforementioned time bombs go off.

mookie2001
04-28-2006, 08:47 AM
remember when Clintons economy was good and all the conservatives would just say how the president has little influence on the economy?

xrayzebra
04-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Just look at ARM's. That is the real reason foreclosures are up. Wait till the
results from "creative" mortgaging comes in from California. Interest rates are
rising and ARM (Adjustable Rate Mortgages) are coming home to haunt these
people. They bought more house than they could every really afford. And
Real Estate people took advantage of the low ARM's and in some cases negative
mortgages to get people into homes no one could really afford to begin with
except the filthy rich.

Vashner
04-28-2006, 10:56 AM
The Bush economy is rocking. Gas is just adjusting. You can't have everything else moving up and not gas. Which demand is soaring.

Clinton's economy was from Microsoft and Cisco.. it was not from anything the white house did.

mookie2001
04-28-2006, 11:28 AM
microsoft and cisco donated all the money in the surplus?

xrayzebra
04-28-2006, 02:55 PM
mookie, take another drag. "all the money in the surpus" would you care
to amplify that statement?

boutons_
04-28-2006, 06:41 PM
The Repugs will say the economic upswing is completey due to the tax cuts, and totally independent of the business cycle.

Nbadan
04-29-2006, 01:35 AM
The Repugs will say the economic upswing is completey due to the tax cuts, and totally independent of the business cycle.

The Government has been injecting billions of dollars in spending to kick-start a other-wise stagnant economy, so it's no surprise that with the multiple of money effect that some growth would ripple through the economy. Trouble is, the FEDS are still spending more, much more than they are taking in taxes. Any economist will tell you that if the economy is growing at 5%, the government should be saving, not spending. This needless continued pattern of spending by the FEDS is inflationary and that means the FEDS will have no choice but to raise interest rates another 1/4 percent, hurting those on fixed incomes, those with high-interest revolving debt, and those with ARM loans.

Sec24Row7
04-29-2006, 11:12 AM
remember when Clintons economy was good and all the conservatives would just say how the president has little influence on the economy?

Remember when the Republicans agreed that the economy was good when Clinton was president and didn't try to convince everyone it was bad?

xrayzebra
04-29-2006, 03:11 PM
The Government has been injecting billions of dollars in spending to kick-start a other-wise stagnant economy, so it's no surprise that with the multiple of money effect that some growth would ripple through the economy. Trouble is, the FEDS are still spending more, much more than they are taking in taxes. Any economist will tell you that if the economy is growing at 5%, the government should be saving, not spending. This needless continued pattern of spending by the FEDS is inflationary and that means the FEDS will have no choice but to raise interest rates another 1/4 percent, hurting those on fixed incomes, those with high-interest revolving debt, and those with ARM loans.

Gee dan, I thought the government was letting kids starve, queers die
from AIDS and college kids are not getting enough college money. Just
because they wouldn't spend the money. Make up your mind, will you.

RandomGuy
04-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Remember when the Republicans agreed that the economy was good when Clinton was president and didn't try to convince everyone it was bad?

Find one news article that supports this, that would include a quote from a prominent republican that said something along the lines of "the economy is good", without taking credit for it.

I think you are very likely mistaken in your assertion here. The only thing I remember any prominant conservative/Republican saying during the whole Clinton presidency was unending criticism. Not unlike the current criticism of Bush by some quarters.

I would be willing to bet a lot of money that the GOP both tried to downplay the economy AND tried to take credit for the good parts.

Sec24Row7
05-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Jesus christ you are stupid.

You read what I wrote, didn't understand it, then told me I was wrong about what I didn't say.

Good Job.