PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Fuel Costs

scott
04-27-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm not going to take the time to copy and paste this monstrosity of an article, but feel free to click and learn.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/earth/2690341.html?page=2&c=y

xrayzebra
04-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Scott, a very good article indeed. Explains much of the problem we are
facing. I liked the last statement. Oil prices will come down before they
give up their only livelyhood to other forms of energy.

boutons_
04-28-2006, 10:27 AM
So, one Big Picture perspective could be that we should stop burning plant-derived carbon fuel for transport, and look elsehwere, like high-capacity/rapid-charging/lightweight batteries and fuel-cells.

Spending $500B on a phony war that could have been spent on alternative transport engines is a step in the right direction.

The oilcos own the Repugs. The Repugs will never hurt the oilcos by spending buildings on non-oil fuel/engine research.

What's best for the Repugs and oilcos is cleary not what is best for the country, not that the Repugs and oilcos are losing any sleep, or $$$, over that fucked up priority.

Dos
04-28-2006, 10:48 AM
eh excuse me boutons.. but every war we fight from now on will be about our economic survival.. and unfortunetly we are hooked on cheap oil.. until something cheaper replaces it.. we will keep fighting wars for oil.. because the outcome would be a total shutdown of economy.. just think for a moment about how much energy you use per day.. and then think about where it all comes from.. what powers the engines that drives the goods to market.. it's pretty easy.. we are fighting wars for oil.. and always will.. because we are addicted to cheap oil...... sheeesh

boutons_
04-28-2006, 11:32 AM
"we are hooked on cheap oil"

yes, but we know from the 67, 73, 79 and mid-90s "oil shocks" that cheap oil will exist never again. We are at phony war in the Middle East EXCLUSIVELY because of US dependence on (Muslim) oil-countries.

Shifting US transport, which consumes 70% of oil, to non-oil sources is a geo-political security priority for the USA.

The politicians, both parties have shown absolutley no courage to tackle these issues, because the USA, individual citizens, NEVER wanst to think it has any problems or weakness, like a naive teenager. Absolute (libertarian) freedom to do anything while refusing ALL responsibility for anything.

But the Repugs especially, owned by the oilcos while saying the Repugs are trustable on national seucrity, will never tackle the geo-political issue. The Repugs will always do what is best for the oilcos, fuck the USA.

Do I expect the Dems to do any better? Fuck no.

We get the politicians we deserve, and we got a totally shitty political class.

xrayzebra
04-28-2006, 02:53 PM
^^boutons, calm down. We only get about 16 percent of our oil from the
middle east. We could easily get that from our resources, if folks like you would
just shut your mouth and listen instead of talking all the time.....

We are not going to destroy YOUR earth or the breeding of animals by drilling
for oil, believe it or not....