PDA

View Full Version : Artest ready to make amends (ExpressNews)

polandprzem
04-28-2006, 03:51 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA042806.4D.BKNkings.artest.1441a14c.html

Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Nobody had to tell Ron Artest how to spend his night of suspension on Saturday, when the Sacramento Kings' gifted, but occasionally troubled, small forward was left behind at the team's downtown San Antonio hotel as his teammates departed for the AT&T Center:

Take a pregame walk. Return to room before tipoff time. Order some room service. Tune the TV to the game.

"It wasn't like the first time," said Artest, suspended by the NBA for the final 73 games of the 2004-05 season and inactive for 25 games this season — in effect another suspension — imposed by the Indiana Pacers.

Kings coach Rick Adelman made it a point Thursday to tell Artest what he wants from him in Game3 of the playoff series. His message: Trust your teammates, and keep the ball moving.

How Artest plays in his return to the Kings provides an extra dose of intrigue to the game. Artest spoke at length Thursday, the first time since the league suspended him for throwing an elbow to Manu Ginobili's head in Game1. He said he is eager to play again but no more so than for any other playoff game. He said he took to heart Adelman's advice. He said he knows his defense is what is important in Game3.

Artest again will match up against Ginobili, who torched Artest's teammates for 32 points in Game2.

Can he keep Ginobili from having another such game?

"I'm not sure," he said. "He played great (in Game2). He was real aggressive. He really played like a champ."

Adelman understands that his team's ability to avoid an 3-0 deficit in the best-of-7 series isn't tied strictly to Artest's return. He is happy to have him back but won't hesitate to sit him if the Kings' offense stagnates again after a Game2 breakout. Adelman wants the Kings to keep pushing the pace.

"I think our big guys can run," Adelman said. "If they run, we've got to push the ball. Whoever gets it, whether it's Mike (Bibby) or Ron, they've got to push it up to see if we can take advantage of it."

Artest figures to help most on defense, including defending the 3-point line.

"The big guys playing (Tim) Duncan were doing their job for most of (Game2)," Artest said." Now, we've got to get the perimeters doing their job, me and Bonzi (Wells) hustling a little bit more, which we are going to do in Game3. And I've got to rebound better. I only had two rebounds in Game1. Kevin Martin came in and had eight rebounds. That just proves to me I've got to get in there and rebound."

RON ARTEST
04-28-2006, 03:55 PM
all i know is we are winning game 3. and james posey better get suspended. if he doesnt then we all will know that the NBA is a bunch of bullshit.

Joepa
04-28-2006, 04:29 PM
We win this series in 5 games.

Buddy Holly
04-28-2006, 05:02 PM
all i know is we are winning game 3.

Good the night is gonna SUCK bad for you.

I think your parents are gonna need to remove your shoe laces.

T Park
04-28-2006, 05:20 PM
all i know is we are winning game 3

Just like you knew you were winning game 1 and 2......

bdubya
04-28-2006, 06:16 PM
..... the Sacramento Kings' gifted, but occasionally* troubled, small forward ......

*: "occasionally" = "only when he's awake"

RON ARTEST
04-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Just like you knew you were winning game 1 and 2......
well im right today buddy.

Horry For 3!
04-28-2006, 06:33 PM
all i know is we are winning game 3. and james posey better get suspended. if he doesnt then we all will know that the NBA is a bunch of bullshit.
Yeah, he got suspended.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah, he got suspended.Really? I heard it was highly unlikely. Any link?

exstatic
04-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Really? I heard it was highly unlikely. Any link?
Why would it be unlikely? They suspended Haslem for throwing his mouthpiece after he had already been ejected before halftime. The league is brooking NO SHIT during this playoff season. The players had better start "getting it".

KingsFanWithoutName
04-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Why would it be unlikely? They suspended Haslem for throwing his mouthpiece after he had already been ejected before halftime. The league is brooking NO SHIT during this playoff season. The players had better start "getting it".
I'm just getting this from what I've heard on BSPN. All reports have said its unlikely.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Looks like I was wrong. Suspended for one game.

exstatic
04-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Get off the cross. Have two Kings been suspended? No? Maybe the league isn't after Ron. Maybe they just have a STANDARD of on court behavior that you have to meet.

T Park
04-28-2006, 06:48 PM
That can't be though Ex.........

KingsFanWithoutName
04-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Get off the cross. Have two Kings been suspended? No? Maybe the league isn't after Ron. Maybe they just have a STANDARD of on court behavior that you have to meet.
Did I ever say that his suspension was unwarranted?

My only gripe with the suspension was for how soft the foul was. I understand the suspension was only because it was above the shoulders. If Artest was going to get suspended, he should have taken some of Manu's teeth with him.

trueD
04-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Artest figures to help most on defense, including defending the 3-point line.Hallefrigginlujah!!! Oops...

Think we take this game. It is our hope that robbing your confidence, while the hours to Sunday drag on like a like a bad movie that plays over and over, is what Kings are about tonight...

May the team with the most points in the paint win! Either way, I'll be back to sing the National Anthem in French or eat a big plate of crow.

signed,
Upstanding Kings fan.

T Park
04-28-2006, 07:12 PM
If Artest was going to get suspended, he should have taken some of Manu's teeth with him.

The class of Kings fan continues to shine through.

It is our hope that robbing your confidence, while the hours to Sunday drag on like a like a bad movie that plays over and over, is what Kings are about tonight...

Lol

whatthefuckever

trueD
04-28-2006, 07:19 PM
whatthefuckeverHey, I'd be scared too. ;)

KingsFanWithoutName
04-28-2006, 07:28 PM
The class of Kings fan continues to shine through.

My little bitch, I thought I'd lost you. I want you in by midnight tonight, you hear me!!!! I need you fresh tomorrow morning to work the streets, no alcohol tonight.

CosmicCowboy
04-28-2006, 07:40 PM
My little bitch, I thought I'd lost you. I want you in by midnight tonight, you hear me!!!! I need you fresh tomorrow morning to work the streets, no alcohol tonight.

:lmao

T-Park, I would leave this guy alone if I were you. He has exposed you like a 7th grader getting de-pantsed in gym class.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-28-2006, 07:59 PM
:lmao

T-Park, I would leave this guy alone if I were you. He has exposed you like a 7th grader getting de-pantsed in gym class.You better be nice to him or he won't give you any tickets to the game.

ALVAREZ6
04-28-2006, 08:08 PM
all i know is we are winning game 3.
You said the same about the other two.

And even if the Kings do win the game, don't come in here and brag about predicting the win, because it's inevitable that you predict a game right after so many tries.