PDA

View Full Version : The Texans are Officially the Dumbest Franchise in Sports

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Passing up a gamebreaker for a lineman?

Fucking idiots.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2006, 12:25 AM
I saw it, thanks. Like I said, dumbest franchise in pro sports.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-29-2006, 02:17 AM
Passing up a gamebreaker for a lineman?

Fucking idiots.

Reminds me of the Packers passing on Barry Sanders to take Tony Mandarich...

gtownspur
04-29-2006, 10:32 AM
^and guess who never won a superbowl.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2006, 10:38 AM
It just doesn't make any sense. Yeah, Williams is a good DE. But is he potentially going to win you games?

Reggie is so explosive he'll get you a win or two a year just by breaking a play for a touchdown.

The Texans deserve to go 0-16 every year, and they're a disgrace to the state of Texas.

GrandeDavid
04-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Well, as Texans fan, I'm not gonna defend them over this one. They deserve the heat they're taking. Stupid motherfvckers.

chode_regulator
04-29-2006, 11:55 AM
It just doesn't make any sense. Yeah, Williams is a good DE. But is he potentially going to win you games?

Reggie is so explosive he'll get you a win or two a year just by breaking a play for a touchdown.

The Texans deserve to go 0-16 every year, and they're a disgrace to the state of Texas.
:rolleyes
i think it was a good decision
i dont know why everyone just thinks bush is going to come into the nfl and be awesome right away. i mean look how he played against texas in the rose bowl. he went up against a good d and got shut down. and theyre only going ot be bigger better and faster in the nfl. also why does everyone think bush will be badass right away and then doubt VY skills?

ShoogarBear
04-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Um, Bush got shut down in the Rose Bowl? That's news.

GrandeDavid
04-29-2006, 12:05 PM
^Dude, after seeing what guys like LaDanian Tomlinson and Marshal Faulk can do, and after seeing David Carr on his back most of the first four seasons of his career, I thought Bush would be able to take pressure off of Carr and further diversify that ridiculously pathetic offense.

Vashner
04-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Yea they are assholes. One reason the picked TEXANS name was to help keep San Antonio out of franchise running too...

This is why both Jerry Jones and these Htown don't want SA to get a team.

King
04-29-2006, 01:12 PM
:rolleyes
i dont know why everyone just thinks bush is going to come into the nfl and be awesome right away. i mean look how he played against texas in the rose bowl. he went up against a good d and got shut down. and theyre only going ot be bigger better and faster in the nfl. also why does everyone think bush will be badass right away and then doubt VY skills?

Did you watch the same Rose Bowl that the rest of the world did? Because Reggie Bush was very far from shut down.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-29-2006, 01:46 PM
^and guess who never won a superbowl.

Are you fucking serious? Mandarich was a total and complete bust while Sanders is a consensus top 3 RB EVER.

Steve Emtman, Dan Wilkinson, Reggie Rogers, Audray Bruce etc. The list of overall #1 DL picks being busts is pretty extensive...

T Park
04-29-2006, 02:14 PM
True,

Shouldve drafted D'Brickashaw Ferguson

why are they ignorant to the offensive line problems.

Gaurantee Kubiak is gonna star the season and go "Hey, seems our offensive line doesn't hold up well"

T Park
04-29-2006, 02:16 PM
The list of overall #1 DL picks being busts is pretty extensive...
Kijana Carter......

Horry For 3!
04-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Texans skip on Eric Winston, select DeMeco Ryans

exstatic
04-29-2006, 04:31 PM
I saw it, thanks. Like I said, dumbest franchise in pro sports.
AHF's point are usually so weak, he gets lost in someone else's thread, so he starts his own.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2006, 05:15 PM
i dont know why everyone just thinks bush is going to come into the nfl and be awesome right away. i mean look how he played against texas in the rose bowl. he went up against a good d and got shut down

Bush's ability to make cutbacks like he does would have been perfect when coupled with the zone blocking scheme that Kubiak developed at Denver.

He got shut down against tu? :lmao

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 06:37 PM
^Dude, after seeing what guys like LaDanian Tomlinson and Marshal Faulk can do, and after seeing David Carr on his back most of the first four seasons of his career, I thought Bush would be able to take pressure off of Carr and further diversify that ridiculously pathetic offense.
The reason Carr was on his back the whole time was because of the shitty o-line. Bush would also be destroyed because of that shitty o-line.

Horry For 3!
04-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Texans skip on Eric Winston, select DeMeco Ryans
They get Winston in the 3rd round :wow

Mijo
04-30-2006, 03:08 AM
he went up against a good d and got shut down. and theyre only going ot be bigger better and faster in the nfl. The offensive line gets better as well.... Well maybe not in Houston's case.

A-Train
04-30-2006, 09:07 AM
They had a solid to great 2nd and 3rd rounds. Ryans was a great pickup at #33 and the #65 and 66 picks should set the foundation for a great offensive line. Kubiak's mojo should turn the offense into an above average unit before long, but damn, Bush in that system would've moved them into the top 10 next season.

Williams is way too much of a workout warrior for my taste. If he had been more consistent in his college career then the pick would have been acceptable. As it stands, McNair placed too much of a premium on getting the #1 pick signed before draft day. Bush wasn't willing to take the Texans' offer, which was 8% above what Alex Smith got last year. The Texans are trying to justify it based on their need for a pass rush, but you don't let needs guide you when you have a talent like Bush available. You also don't give a fuck about whether or not you can get the player to sign before the draft.

The Texans better end up with a top 5 defensive line soon, because that's about the only way that they don't totally become legendary idiots.

J.T.
04-30-2006, 05:51 PM
In other news, the New Orleans Saints first order of business is to teach Bush how and when to lateral correctly.

2centsworth
04-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Did you watch the same Rose Bowl that the rest of the world did? Because Reggie Bush was very far from shut down.
I've watched it at least 14 times. Ledale White and Vince Young got off. Bush had 3 nice plays, and one bone head play. No long kickoffs or punts. The TD was Nice.

spurofthemoment
05-01-2006, 02:22 AM
I concur.yeah its like what the hell were you thinking
I know move the texans to Tennessee and bring Vince Young and the Titans to Houston yeahhhhhh they are definitely the stupidest move since 2 teams passed on Michael Jordan,Texans will probably get the first pick next year also,no disrespect to Mario Williams ,he is a good player but a guy like Reggie is special......Go Cowboys,Vince and the Titans,Reggie and the Saints....

spurofthemoment
05-01-2006, 02:24 AM
Did you watch the same Rose Bowl that the rest of the world did? Because Reggie Bush was very far from shut down.he did have the lateral that was a bad decision but Reggie was awesome

fyatuk
05-01-2006, 06:31 AM
he did have the lateral that was a bad decision but Reggie was awesome

Actually, he wasn't very impressive. He broke 2 big runs on 3rd and really longs that were nice, but UT was not even thinking run on those and a lot of backs could have broken those. Take those out and he averaged like 3.5 yards per carry. Not impressive.

He had no decent returns. He did have a nice little game receiving though, but I think the boneheaded lateral counters that.

He's going to disappoint in the NFL. Not a bust, but certainly not going to live up to the hype.

2centsworth
05-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Actually, he wasn't very impressive. He broke 2 big runs on 3rd and really longs that were nice, but UT was not even thinking run on those and a lot of backs could have broken those. Take those out and he averaged like 3.5 yards per carry. Not impressive.

He had no decent returns. He did have a nice little game receiving though, but I think the boneheaded lateral counters that.

He's going to disappoint in the NFL. Not a bust, but certainly not going to live up to the hype.
He has to be the next Barry Sanders to live up to the hype. I still think he's going to be very good.

Jimcs50
05-02-2006, 07:24 PM
At least a Bush can finally help New Orleans.

:)

KewlKat00
05-02-2006, 09:00 PM
even if he doesn't turn out to be amazing, he will certainly help a franchise... they sold 15,000 jerseys over the weekend and he doesn't even have a number yet.