PDA

View Full Version : I'm over it already.

Buddy Holly
04-29-2006, 12:00 AM
First home game for the underdogs, returning Artest, lucky shot/gw.

Whatever, it happens.

I think we got Timmy 2K3 back.

If he kicks this up, the Kings will be murdered on Sunday.

And can I just say "thank you" for the game being Sunday and not another 10 day wait.

ALVAREZ6
04-29-2006, 12:02 AM
we deserved to lose this shitty game without a doubt.

we got man-handled like no other, Artest and Bonzi officially own the Spurs D.

Leetonidas
04-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Manu and Tony won't play like ass the next two game. They need to look at this as a wakeup call.

Tim, on the other hand, played very well, and I agree that if we have 2K3 Tim back, the Kings are done.

mavsfan1000
04-29-2006, 12:06 AM
The spurs have no answer for Artest. I thought the spurs interior defense was their strength.

ashbeeigh
04-29-2006, 12:06 AM
And they win the series here and I win my vBookie.

Brutalis
04-29-2006, 12:07 AM
Could have been a call for Manu there late, but this is the one loss I predicted. 4-1 and on to Dallas.

Vingianx

Whatever, it happens.

And can I just say "thank you" for the game being Sunday and not another 10 day wait.

yeah, that's what i loved about this game...... TIMMMMAY is back

it all happened too quick that i didn't really care....lakers game is good

Buddy Holly
The spurs have no answer for Artest. I thought the spurs interior defense was their strength.

19 pts on 9-21 shooting. :lol

That's with Finley guarding him.

I think what you meant to say was the Kings don't have an answer for Duncan.

Dre_7
04-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Am I the only one that laughed when that shot went in?

Dont get me wrong, I was pissed, but it was funny.

Spurs need to play like they did in the forth, the whole game. Spurs played like crap yet almost won. Im not worried.

Hopefully they show up for game 4.

greyforest
04-29-2006, 12:10 AM
if spurs would've played pro basketball, not junior high fitness period bball during the first half then no one would be bitching. no one would be bitching if we played the same through the 2nd half either.

turnovers killed us, and to a lesser extent refs did screw us as well quite a bit

jman3000
04-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Hopefully next game we'll see more of the stuff that worked for us today. Beno was a nice surprise... except for the fact that he was intent on shooting 3's whenever he could. We were gorging ourselves on 3's the first 2 games and the odds finally came back to us. We still shot semi decent from long range... but I swear I saw 1 possession were we shot 3 straight 3's.

infinite styles
04-29-2006, 12:16 AM
I was over it as soon as the "Ball Boy" made it. Duncan played great and I don't see Manu scrubbing like this on Sunday. Spurs just looked impatient in the first half, espescially Parker and Gino. All in all I loved the second half Spurs now lets see if we can get that for a full 4 quarters.

z0sa
04-29-2006, 12:17 AM
and all three 3's from beno

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-29-2006, 12:34 AM

Whatever, it happens.

Amen to that.

Why do fans go so loco when we lose one game? :rolleyes

CharlieMac
04-29-2006, 01:02 AM
Yeah, same here. The Kings won a game at home. What a shocker. Manu did the right thing.

ALVAREZ6
04-29-2006, 01:04 AM
Amen to that.

Why do fans go so loco when we lose one game? :rolleyes
The fact that we had the game in our hands, and then gave it up at the buzzer, is why fans go so loco.

Why?

It means it's gonna take us another 48 minute game just to knock these Kings out of the playoffs. The more rest, the better.

SoCalSpursFan
04-29-2006, 03:06 AM
<-----Over It.

Winnipeg_Spur
04-29-2006, 03:09 AM
I'll be over it when we win game 4.

Otherwise this dropping two on the road everytime we win two at home shit is going to become a habit... :depressed

4001 STEREO SPUR
04-29-2006, 03:17 AM
Play better defense. We'll win. Oh....and dont' turn the fucking ball over win we're ahead w/a few FUCINGseconds left!!!!!!!!! :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

rayray2k8
04-29-2006, 03:19 AM
Over what??
The loss?
Who cares!!
I hate it when people arent around when the spurs lose, but
yet they love to talk all that shit when they win..
Way to own up guys :rolleyes
The only upside about the game is the comeback from being down 14.
This just says that the kings arent safe at home.
I said the spurs would win in 6 but im changing it. If the spurs win on Sunday,
its more than likely that they will close it out on tuesday.
Theres no point in continuing after that.. Unless they feeling like going back to
"Sac". The answer is no of course..
Spurs in 5.

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2006, 03:23 AM
a loss is a loss, still hurts, but we gotto move on, they barely beat us on their homecourt, and im sure the spurs are not afraid of them, just testing the waters in game 3

4001 STEREO SPUR
04-29-2006, 03:28 AM
Over what??
The loss?
Who cares!!
Theres no point in continuing after that.. Unless they feeling like going back to
Spurs in 5.

I wasn't worried when we were down by 14. It's just that we gave the game away. We want to get as much time off as the mavs.
Mabey we should execute better defense on Bonzi Sunday.

carina_gino20
04-29-2006, 03:37 AM
i didn't get to see the game so maybe it was better that way...:depressed

but the ginobili turnover was :madrun

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 03:52 AM
Over what??
The loss?
Who cares!!
Spurs in 5.
Yeah, can't live in the moment, Manu's past deeds saves him from a lot of the backlash, and there'll be a lot of wishy-washy fans blaming him for the loss, but it's all about resiliency. Spurs will take it to them on Sunday. Kings were fighting for there lives last night on that last play.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 03:56 AM
The fact that we had the game in our hands, and then gave it up at the buzzer, is why fans go so loco.

Why?

It means it's gonna take us another 48 minute game just to knock these Kings out of the playoffs. The more rest, the better. Well that's in the past it's over. Can't expect them to Win 16-0 straight anyway. Besides, if that's the case, they Spurs should have not let these tight games occur in the first place.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2006, 03:59 AM
Before the series started, most people thought the Spurs would win in five games (very few people expected a sweep). So .. this was the one loss.

Spurs in Five.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-29-2006, 04:17 AM
Before the series started, most people thought the Spurs would win in five games (very few people expected a sweep). So .. this was the one loss.

Spurs in Five.

EXACTLY

SilverPlayer
04-29-2006, 04:29 AM
Wow guess I should have expected people to freak out over this loss, but if there is one thing I always underestimate it's how myopic Spurs fans tend to be.

If you play a team too close on their home floor, whether it be the Blazers or the Kings they will always have a chance to have the bounce fall their way one too many times.

On another note, Did you see how impressed everyone was with the victory? Sac fans didn't look like they had seen a team win a playoff game in a long time.

Dartherus
04-29-2006, 07:10 AM
The best thing for the Spurs is to have these mistakes in games like this, in a series with a 2-0 advantage, and against a not so dangerous team. An early wake up won't harm, and I hope that it will serve to avoid this in more critical playoff series that will come ahead.

ambchang
04-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Not a big deal. The Kings won the game, and props to them, that was good defense on Manu, and they knew exactly what to do with the basketball after they forced the turnover.
Everybody kept saying how the Kings can upset the Spurs, yada yada yada, guess what, the Spurs are up 2-1!
And again, kudos to the Kings for not folding after a blowout, a suspension, and a last second heart breaker.

bigfundamental21
04-29-2006, 09:13 AM
Over what??

Spurs in 5.

We could have been blown out, but championship basketball got us back in it with a chance to win. The Queens should have blown us out, but we stormed back and made it a game at the end. The Queens should be scared to think that Timmy is back in form and that Tony and Manu will definitely play better in game 4. There is nothing to be upset about, except that we didn't play Spurs basketball for 48 minutes. Spurs will win on Sunday. No doubt.

Spursy
04-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Re: I'm over it already

Me too. This wasn't going to be a sweep.

LEONARD
04-29-2006, 09:18 AM
How can Spurs fans call Martin's LAYUP that bounced around and went down lucky after Barry's 3 pointer in game 2?? There was no "lucky" talk on that shot, and the odds of a 3 going in like that are probably 1 in 20...

Bottom line, based on 2 bounces which nobody has control over, the series could be 3-0 Spurs or 2-1 Kings....

Zan the Fan
04-29-2006, 09:19 AM
don't know if it was already stated, but this is just the basketball Gods evening out Barry's bouncey shot.

Manu will bounce back. it's 1 vs. 8 for a reason.

LakerHater0823
04-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Leonard... Nobody said Barry's shot wasn't luck we just enjoyed it. As for the quote

"Not a big deal. The Kings won the game, and props to them, that was good defense on Manu, and they knew exactly what to do with the basketball after they forced the turnover."

It looked like Bibby (aka Mini Me) was trying to intentionally foul Manu to put him on the line and there should have been offensive goaltending called for Bibby grabing the net on the layup. Watch the Video on spurs.com and you'll see what Im talking about. Just my opinion but I really don't mind because the Spurs have not shown the kings their best game yet. Yes including Game 1.

LEONARD
04-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Leonard... Nobody said Barry's shot wasn't luck we just enjoyed it. As for the quote

It looked like Bibby (aka Mini Me) was trying to intentionally foul Manu to put him on the line and there should have been offensive goaltending called for Bibby grabing the net on the layup. Watch the Video on spurs.com and you'll see what Im talking about. Just my opinion but I really don't mind because the Spurs have not shown the kings their best game yet. Yes including Game 1.

I don't know...I read a lot of "clutch" talk after Barry's shot...

I hadn't seen one person say that Manu was fouled until I came here this morning. Same with the goaltending on Bibby. Neither of those is going to get called, just like Duncan's pick on Bibby at the end of game 2 that was borderline...

belac2006
04-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Look on the brightside guys, the Kings need to win 3 out of the next 4 in order to advance and we all know it IS NOT gonna happen!
I still think Spurs in 5 (maybe in 6 but thats pushing it!)

LakerHater0823
04-29-2006, 09:57 AM
I don't know...I read a lot of "clutch" talk after Barry's shot...

I hadn't seen one person say that Manu was fouled until I came here this morning. Same with the goaltending on Bibby. Neither of those is going to get called, just like Duncan's pick on Bibby at the end of game 2 that was borderline...

True but you can't really say that was good D because it truly was an intentional foul that was not called. If you look at the tape he grabs manu's right arm with two hands. Just something to look at nothing we can do about it now. Barry made the shot but what I like is that it was nice execution of the play Pop made up to get a wide open shot.

LEONARD
04-29-2006, 10:03 AM
True but you can't really say that was good D because it truly was an intentional foul that was not called. If you look at the tape he grabs manu's right arm with two hands. Just something to look at nothing we can do about it now. Barry made the shot but what I like is that it was nice execution of the play Pop made up to get a wide open shot.

True, the execution and drawing up of the play was great, but the shot going in as it did was just lucky...

Just because you're intentionally trying to foul doesn't mean it's automatically a foul. You can still get all ball. The fact that Manu and none of the other Spurs complained tells me it was clean. I haven't watched it in slow motion though...

LakerHater0823
04-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Thats just it I did watch it in slow motion. Oh well who cares it was yesterday anyway, and the fact that the spurs didn't complain only means that.... they don't complain.

NCaliSpurs
04-29-2006, 10:31 AM
It was one of many times Tony and Manu went in, got hacked, and didn't get the call.

It is just how they were calling them.

For that reason, it might have been better to try to post up Timmy, since he had the hot hands anyway.

LEONARD
04-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Thats just it I did watch it in slow motion. Oh well who cares it was yesterday anyway, and the fact that the spurs didn't complain only means that.... they don't complain.

Wha????

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060429/capt.sca12404290622.spurs_kings_basketball_sca124. jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060429/capt.sca12004290552.spurs_kings_basketball_sca120. jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.57124777rw028_spurs_kings.jpg

Maybe you were being sarcastic :lol

Every team complains man...that's just the way the NBA is...

LakerHater0823
04-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Thats true, I didnt even think about that. Tim probably would have gotten that call but I bet Pop was thinking if someone does get fouled then I want my best freethrow shooter with the ball. I think Manu should have just kept the ball when he drove the lane and jus thrown it up on the rim just to take time off the clock or maybe a foul, who knows. Hey is this the 2-2-1-1-1 format or the 2-3-2 format in round one?

LakerHater0823
04-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Wha????

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060429/capt.sca12404290622.spurs_kings_basketball_sca124. jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060429/capt.sca12004290552.spurs_kings_basketball_sca120. jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.57124777rw028_spurs_kings.jpg

Maybe you were being sarcastic :lol

Every team complains man...that's just the way the NBA is...

I meant after the game! In interviews man. ALL NBA PLAYERS COMPLAIN DURING THE GAME

Edit: Cool pics though.... where did you get them.

LEONARD
04-29-2006, 10:40 AM
I meant after the game! In interviews man. ALL NBA PLAYERS COMPLAIN DURING THE GAME

Edit: Cool pics though.... where did you get them.

Gotcha...

I was referring to the Spurs not complaining about the call on the court. When Manu went down, he didn't act like he got fouled...

Those are from Yahoo.

LakerHater0823
04-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Hey Leonard you are a cool Mavs fan bro. You don't dog the Spurs like other Mav Fans do.

LakerHater0823
04-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey NCALI fan are you anywhere near Sac town?

Sportman
04-29-2006, 10:49 AM
but the ginobili turnover was :madrun

Did you remember the game 2,

how much point did manu score?
who did say "manu won the game"? (of course, now most people are going to say, hey i said barry won the game and things like that, nevermind)

Manu did a lot of mistakes, he is a HUMAN, he can do it. As you, i criticized manu as anyone here maybe. But we have to understand that sometimes things doesnt go as you want.

LEONARD
04-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Hey Leonard you are a cool Mavs fan bro. You don't dog the Spurs like other Mav Fans do.

Thanks...I have a lot of respect for the Spurs (as should all Mavs fans IMO). I like seeing the fan reactions to each game here. It seems like some people live and die with each game. "Manu is the man" one game and "Manu sucks!" after a loss, etc etc.

Most here don't allow whining about officiating by fans of other teams, but there's still a little whining if something appears to go against the Spurs. It's just human nature I guess. It's funny...cheap entertainment :smokin

Sportman
04-29-2006, 10:56 AM
"Manu is the man" one game and "Manu sucks!" after a loss, etc etc.

He is telling the truth :lol .......But this is part of an aspect that all human beings have.

LakerHater0823
04-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Im not whining though. I am just pointing this out so my fellow fans here know that game 3 will be a completely different story. I think Duncan has his confidence back and Manu will be pissed off and ready to show something in Game 3. TP..... well he will be there too. haha. On one play I saw Duncan really hustling on the fastbreak like I haven't seen in the past two years. I hope he keeps this up.