PDA

View Full Version : This loss is on POP

dbreiden83080
04-29-2006, 12:20 AM
I am sorry but having MANU handle the ball like that when you know Artest is going to be on him is just flat out stupid. Is Tony your fucking PG or not and he does not have the ball in that spot with Bibby on him what the fuck was he thinking.

ALVAREZ6
04-29-2006, 12:22 AM
I agree.

Yeah Manu completely sucked ass, but Pop is the one who gave him the instructions.

I STILL don't understand the isolation, clock running shit.

We should encorporate passes so we have more fucking options to have better chances at either getting fouled or at least getting a shot up for that matter.

Ginofan
04-29-2006, 12:23 AM
When's the last time TONY was given the ball in crunch time? Manu is almost always given that opportunity because he's clutch, Pop called it right.

zocool16
04-29-2006, 12:23 AM
this loss is on the gods of basketball. i really can't blame anyone

T Park
04-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Whens the last time someone made a thread with this title

and the starter's name was NOT Aggie :lol

This loss is not on pop

unfortunately, Ginobili, in one of his extremely rare times, stiffed in a clutch situation.

Pop gave it to the right guy.

Spurs Dynasty
Manu is an incredible player, but NOT TONITE.. he really sucked, and there is NO WAY he should have been handling the ball for that last play. Everyone, even Manu can have an off day, and Pop should have let someone else control that last play...

On to game 4

midgetonadonkey
It was a good call to give Manu the ball but he should've waited for the foul. I don't understand why he drove to the hoop.

dbreiden83080
It just made no sense TONY is your PG not MANU with Artest on him it is insane to give him the ball in that spot, Artest was killing him the whole game.

Buddy Holly
Manu tried to pass out to Tony at the three with Bibby right next to him, granted he probably was foul, he should have done something better with it, like drove it to the basket try to score or pass out.

Tigole Bitties
04-29-2006, 12:25 AM
Pffft.... don't forget game 2. Manu hand the ball before passing it off down the baseline to Brent. I have waaaay more confidence with Ginobili as the playmaker on a final possession.

SequSpur
Manu was a fukkin dipshit the whole game. Dude should've been on the bench. He doesn't impress me for shit.

This loss is solely on Manu Ginobili.

dbreiden83080
It was a good call to give Manu the ball but he should've waited for the foul. I don't understand why he drove to the hoop.

How is that a good call when Artest who was killing him was guarding him, Tony is your PG he gets the ball not MANU.

Doc Jerome
Whoa. Calm down. We all have known for some time now that this team was not prepared for the post season. Also, they have proven to be too soft; so don't take it so personal.

Just hope, pray, and continue to cheer.

Winnipeg_Spur
04-29-2006, 12:26 AM
Well, in a sense I agree with you, but Ginobili did a pretty good job setting up Finley the possession before, so even though Artest was owning Manu, I don't think keeping the ball in his hands was such a bad move. It just didn't work out, hindsight is 20/20.

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2006, 12:26 AM
shouldve just pass itto duncan and let him decide the end of the game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2006, 12:27 AM
I am sorry but having MANU handle the ball like that when you know Artest is going to be on him is just flat out stupid.

Sincerely, game 2.

Dumbass.

T Park
He doesn't impress me for shit.

game 2??

BTW, why isnt your man Carter steppin up for New Jersey?

How is that a good call when Artest who was killing him was guarding him, Tony is your PG he gets the ball not MANU.

So you forget all the games where hes been clutch and won you games handling the ball, along with game 2??

Dude wake up.

T Park
Whoa. Calm down. We all have known for some time now that this team was not prepared for the post season. Also, they have proven to be too soft; so don't take it so personal.

:lol

talk about taking your stupid pills.....

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Oh well...I don't wanna lose any more sleep over it. I'm just looking forward to Sunday, see hwo they respond to this loss. IT's terrible and this loss was horrid. Anyone catch the post game interviews, what did Pop mention?

Ginofan
I'm not making any excuses for Manu, because indeed he did have an off night. But come on people...the man was hit on the forearm, i.e. a foul. It wasn't called, we were stiffed. Obviously it's very hard to win them all, and I hate losing like this but I can't point fingers. On to the next game.

BTW did anyone notice how incredibly awesome Tim was tonight?

dbreiden83080
POP whould have called timeout when it was claer that Manu was stuck at almost halfcourt like that with only about 7 on the clock.

Solid D
All Manu had to do was pass it to Tony one step sooner before he reached the double-team. It was not a bad decision by Pop. Manu usually makes the right plays at the end of games.

If he passes one step sooner, TP shoots with 4 seconds left and if he gets iron, it would likely be a long bounce. The Spurs were looking at a winning hand and they folded (even though Bibby got no ball, all arms). Bad decision by Manu.

Ginofan
04-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Pffft.... don't forget game 2. Manu hand the ball before passing it off down the baseline to Brent. I have waaaay more confidence with Ginobili as the playmaker on a final possession.

A fuckin' men.

Nothing against Tony or his skills as PG, but Manu is THE playmaker in the last minutes of the game. That's the way it's always been and it's been proven to work, why go against what you know works?

dbreiden83080
game 2??

BTW, why isnt your man Carter steppin up for New Jersey?

So you forget all the games where hes been clutch and won you games handling the ball, along with game 2??

Dude wake up.

My man Manu had a great game 2 with Artest NOT PLAYING, he got his ass kicked out there tonight. TOny is your PG he should get the ball in that spot BIBBY is a shitty defender we would have got a better shot.

RON ARTEST
Manu was a fukkin dipshit the whole game. Dude should've been on the bench. He doesn't impress me for shit.

This loss is solely on Manu Ginobili.
what happened? i thought it was gonna be a sweep?

Ginofan
POP whould have called timeout when it was claer that Manu was stuck at almost halfcourt like that with only about 7 on the clock.

He wasn't "stuck" at halfcourt, Pop was telling him to hold it, didn't you see him making the arm motions???

ShoogarBear
04-29-2006, 12:31 AM
You all do remember Artest wasn't playing in game 2?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 12:32 AM
All Manu had to do was pass it to Tony one step sooner before he reached the double-team. It was not a bad decision by Pop. Manu usually makes the right plays at the end of games.

If he passes one step sooner, TP shoots with 4 seconds left and if he gets iron, it would likely be a long bounce. The Spurs were looking at a winning hand and they folded (even though Bibby got no ball, all arms). Bad decision by Manu. It just didn't go our way tonight. Kings were really determined too.

Even the great players in the NBA will have bad nights, and sometimes don't always seal the game with the last possession. Besides we got more games to play. Plenty of time to do more good than bad.

dbreiden83080
You all do remember Artest wasn't playing in game 2?

Obvoiusly they don't

Buddy Holly
what happened? i thought it was gonna be a sweep?

You're fucking cocky?

The Spurs just wanted to give Sac fans one more day of life before they eventually hung themselves from the sheer boredom of being a Kings fan and constantly playing a cowbell.

dbreiden83080
04-29-2006, 12:33 AM
He wasn't "stuck" at halfcourt, Pop was telling him to hold it, didn't you see him making the arm motions???

You just made my point for me what the fuck kind of shot are you going to get with 7 on the clock at half court.

SequSpur
04-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Manu fucked up because Manu fucked up all night. This isn't about game 2, its about game 3.

Another thing is Pop went with the 4 guard lineup and Duncan and Bonzi and Artest scored 3 straight layups and then he put Bruce Bowen in. Pop is a fuckkin retard.

Then, he is screaming at Manu to settle down, run the clock and then Manu fuckin hands it off to the Kings for a game winning layup.

Fuck Pop, Fuck Manu, they both sucked tonight. In a nutshell, that was the fuckkin game right there.

Onto Game 4.

What the fuck. I'm sick of the excuses and the bullshit recollection. Manu fucked up and Pop had the wrong fucking players out there.

Quit being fuckin homers for once.

Doc Jerome
04-29-2006, 12:34 AM

talk about taking your stupid pills.....

Why don't U take the blinders off. If you think that this team is anywhere near prepared for the post season, then YOU need to stop taking your "Stupid Pills".

I guess I'll have to forgive you 'cause U have a sever case of "Eternal Homeritis".

ShoogarBear
04-29-2006, 12:35 AM
Manu fucked up because Manu fucked up all night. This isn't about game 2, its about game 3.

Another thing is Pop went with the 4 guard lineup and Duncan and Bonzi and Artest scored 3 straight layups and then he put Bruce Bowen in. Pop is a fuckkin retard.

Then, he is screaming at Manu to settle down, run the clock and then Manu fuckin hands it off to the Kings for a game winning layup.

Fuck Pop, Fuck Manu, they both sucked tonight. In a nutshell, that was the fuckkin game right there.

Onto Game 4.

What the fuck. I'm sick of the excuses and the bullshit recollection. Manu fucked up and Pop had the wrong fucking players out there.

I liked it better when you just said Spurs in 4.

Ginofan
04-29-2006, 12:35 AM
You just made my point for me what the fuck kind of shot are you going to get with 7 on the clock at half court.

Are you that fucking retarded??? Have you not watched Spurs basketball at all this season?! You run the clock down and make a play at the last possible moments, so as not to give the opposing team much time for their shot. But why the hell should I explain anything to you, you're the smart guy who wants to give Tony the ball in crunch time.

dbreiden83080
04-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Normally i would agree with Manu being the playmaker in that spot but not with Artest on him who killed him all night, give it to Tony he will go right around Bibby and we would get a good shot.

T Park
04-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Why don't U take the blinders off. If you think that this team is anywhere near prepared for the post season, then YOU need to stop taking your "Stupid Pills".

I guess I'll have to forgive you 'cause U have a sever case of "Eternal Homeritis

Alright

seasons over

im turning in my tickets

happy asshat??

Man fuckoff bitch.

T Park
04-29-2006, 12:38 AM

Onto Game 4.

whatsa matta

bowlng alley cut yo off??

They institute the height rule again?

Those bastards.....

SequSpur
04-29-2006, 12:39 AM
The Spurs went into prevent mode and got fuckin bit in the ass.

They should've just ran a fuckin play and got the foul and went to the line.

T Park
04-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Normally i would agree with Manu being the playmaker in that spot but not with Artest on him who killed him all night, give it to Tony he will go right around Bibby and we would get a good shot

I would've just run 4 down.

If he makes 1 of 2, you force them to still make a basket to force OT.

the one time Pop doesn't run 4 down the bastard :lol

dbreiden83080
04-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Are you that fucking retarded??? Have you not watched Spurs basketball at all this season?! You run the clock down and make a play at the last possible moments, so as not to give the opposing team much time for their shot. But why the hell should I explain anything to you, you're the smart guy who wants to give Tony the ball in crunch time.

I am going to refrain from the 3rd grade insults that you obviously can not resist. You are telling me you would rather have Manu with Artest on him who kicked his ass all night over Tony with Bibby on him who would not know man to man D if it bit him in the ass. You are dead wrong my man, in this spot Manu should not have had the ball.

polandprzem
04-29-2006, 12:40 AM

Onto Game 4.

In my opinon Mr. Sequ you are a little bit overreacting :)

T Park
04-29-2006, 12:41 AM
They should've just ran a fuckin play and got the foul and went to the line.

You mean, like taking your best slasher and sending him to the basket to get fouled??

Thats what they did.

SequSpur
04-29-2006, 12:42 AM
You mean, like taking your best slasher and sending him to the basket to get fouled??

Thats what they did.

Yeah, Ginobili with the assist to the Kings.

As usual.

Doc Jerome
Alright

seasons over

im turning in my tickets

happy asshat??

Man fuckoff bitch.

I had a feeling your "shtick" was weak; now it's confirmed. You are beneath me, be gone. :fro

dbreiden83080
Spurs will win game 4 but this loss just hurts

Ginofan
I am going to refrain from the 3rd grade insults that you obviously can not resist. You are telling me you would rather have Manu with Artest on him who kicked his ass all night over Tony with Bibby on him who would not know man to man D if it bit him in the ass. You are dead wrong my man, in this spot Manu should not have had the ball.

With Parker shooting 4 for 13 yeah I would. Manu was fouled and should've gone to the line like he does in almost all crunch time situations he's put in. THATS WHY POP GIVES HIM THE BALL. It wasn't called, oh fucking well. The right move was made by Pop and by Manu, in my opinion. I've got nothing else to say on the matter.

T Park
as usual :lol

game 2?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 12:44 AM

Thats what they did.
Yeah. Kings outplayed us.

goliath
04-29-2006, 12:47 AM
Pop called the right play. Manu fucked it up. I love Manu but he flopped hoping for the call.

All the haters need to remember Pop called the same play Game 6 in Seattle but Manu passed it off to Tim.

dbreiden83080
04-29-2006, 12:47 AM
With Parker shooting 4 for 13 yeah I would. Manu was fouled and should've gone to the line like he does in almost all crunch time situations he's put in. THATS WHY POP GIVES HIM THE BALL. It wasn't called, oh fucking well. The right move was made by Pop and by Manu, in my opinion. I've got nothing else to say on the matter.

Manu was not fouled and you can not beg for a call in that spot you are totally wrong Artest will own Manu this whole series, POP screwed up.

T Park
04-29-2006, 12:51 AM
Manu was not fouled

arm part of the ball?

goliath
04-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Pop didnt screw up. You put the ball in Manus hands. Manu flopped hoping for the call. Its on manu not Pop

dbreiden83080
arm part of the ball?

You are not going to get that call 9 times out of 10 in that spot, plus i think the refs are really watching his flopping.

Solid D
Manu was not fouled and you can not beg for a call in that spot you are totally wrong Artest will own Manu this whole series, POP screwed up.

I'd suggest you at least watch the play again from the basket camera view. I'm not saying Manu should expect a call. I'm saying he should have passed it one step earlier to seal the game..but you probably shouldn't ignore or discount the reality of what the replay shows.

leemajors
04-29-2006, 12:53 AM
manu was fouled, but they didn't call it. bibby got all arm. he just shouldn't have driven into the trap.

T Park
You are not going to get that call 9 times out of 10 in that spot,

Oh.

So you should expect, driving to the basket, NOT to get a foul, when a couple plays earlier, they did the same for Mike Bibby?

Makes sense...

SequSpur
I'd suggest you at least watch the play again from the basket camera view. I'm not saying Manu should expect a call. I'm saying he should have passed it one step earlier to seal the game..but you probably shouldn't ignore or discount the reality of what the replay shows.

That whole play was totally mishandled. And I'm quite sure that Terry Shiavo would've won that game if she was coaching.

jcrod
04-29-2006, 12:54 AM
People think Manu is clutch all the time, he's done this before. I don't like the play when Artest was on him and you have Bibby guarding TP and the night TD was having. Manu screws up almost as much as he comes through.

This is why I said "Homerism in it's finest" on the other thread. Most Spurs fans think Manu is perfect. He isn't Kobe!

But other than that, the bad night the Spurs have, it still took an ubeliveable shot by Martin to win the game.

Spurs in 5!!

dbreiden83080
04-29-2006, 12:55 AM
Oh.

So you should expect, driving to the basket, NOT to get a foul, when a couple plays earlier, they did the same for Mike Bibby?

Makes sense...

You can not expect the refs to win the game for you PERIOD.

jcrod
04-29-2006, 12:56 AM
Oh.

Makes sense...

Unless your MJ your not on the last play of the game. You need to make nice crisp pass or be OBVIOUSLY fouled. 4 seconds left he should've passed the ball sooner.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 12:56 AM
Manu had three defenders on him, why did they call up the isolated drive? Manu tried to bump into Miller and Bibby read it got the ball.

SequSpur
04-29-2006, 12:57 AM
But other than that, the bad night the Spurs have, it still took an ubeliveable shot by Martin to win the game.

Spurs in 5!!

yeah, that layup assisted by manu was an unbelievable shot. :rolleyes

Solid D
I said it before and I'll say it again. The Kings unbelievably allowed the Spurs to run the clock down with a 3.7 sec. differential. Manu passes it to Parker and he gets a shot off with 4 seconds remaining from the arc, all he needs is iron and the game is essentially won. Manu folded holding a Straight Flush.

dbreiden83080
People think Manu is clutch all the time, he's done this before. I don't like the play when Artest was on him and you have Bibby guarding TP and the night TD was having. Manu screws up almost as much as he comes through.

This is why I said "Homerism in it's finest" on the other thread. Most Spurs fans think Manu is perfect. He isn't Kobe!

Spurs in 5!!

Normall i agree with MANU having the ball there, just not with Artest on him he is too good to let MANu go one on one there, Bibby sucks give it to TOny

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 12:59 AM

Spurs in 5!!

Well Kobe has cost a lot of games with three defenders on him before. Manu's a different type of player anyway. Manu was not clutch tonight, but you can't knock the guy who has a record of key Big Game plays so it's a reasonable Homerism.

Manu's not perfect, or a god, he's a winner though. Tonight he just sucked.

PM5K
04-29-2006, 01:00 AM
At the end of the game you don't put the ball in the hands of a guy with six turnovers, unless his last name is Jordan, period, end of motherfucking story...

SequSpur
04-29-2006, 01:01 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again. The Kings unbelievably allowed the Spurs to run the clock down with a 3.7 sec. differential. Manu passes it to Parker and he gets a shot off with 4 seconds remaining from the arc, all he needs is iron and the game is essentially won. Manu folded holding a Straight Flush.

I'm surprised that the Kings aren't up 2 to 1.

The Spurs are totally unprepared. There are to many substitutions. Players are coming in and out, in and out, in and out... Guys are making runs and Pop sits them out.

Didn't Bibby play the whole game tonight? It's the fucking playoffs.

ALVAREZ6
04-29-2006, 01:01 AM
At the end of the game you don't put the ball in the hands of a guy with six turnovers, unless his last name is Jordan, period, end of motherfucking story...
:tu

jcrod
04-29-2006, 01:04 AM
Well Kobe has cost a lot of games with three defenders on him before. Manu's a different type of player anyway. Manu was not clutch tonight, but you can't knock the guy who has a record of key Big Game plays so it's a reasonable Homerism.

Manu's not perfect, or a god, he's a winner though. Tonight he just sucked.

Yeah, he's lost some games, but he is the one guy in the league right now that you would want the ball in his hands when it counts. He won all those 3 rings for LA not Shaq.

No it still is HOMERISM, MANU is NOT Kobe, or an elite player. He might come through now and then when it counts, but he is to INCONSISTENT to be a SUPERSTAR.

SequSpur
04-29-2006, 01:05 AM

Not only that, he should've been on the fucking bench. Finley, Barry, Parker, Beno were clearly the better men tonight.

Manu was his usual every other game self.

Unfuckingreal. That game was so poorly fucking coached it was pathetic. 3 fucking layups in the last 2 minutes by the Kings because Pop was going with a small lineup. Duncan was guarding Miller at the 3 line.

Pop was fucking owned tonight.

ALVAREZ6
04-29-2006, 01:07 AM
Not only that, he should've been on the fucking bench. Finley, Barry, Parker, Beno were clearly the better men tonight.

Manu was his usual every other game self.

Unfuckingreal. That game was so poorly fucking coached it was pathetic. 3 fucking layups in the last 2 minutes by the Kings because Pop was going with a small lineup. Duncan was guarding Miller at the 3 line.

Pop was fucking owned tonight.
That is what pissed me off the fucking most.

All those easy fucking ass baskets because of the small pussy lineup.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2006, 01:07 AM
Normally i would agree with Manu being the playmaker in that spot but not with Artest on him who killed him all night

The problem with this argument is all of 1 possession earlier for the Spurs Manu took it to Artest and set Finley up for a wide open three.

Your logic is flawed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2006, 01:09 AM
People are ignoring the biggest two problems tonight - we were outworked on the glass AGAIN in this series, and Pop had his stupid ass lineups in there.

ALVAREZ6
04-29-2006, 01:09 AM
We give the Kings so many easy baskets throughout this series, so many lay ups, offensive rebounds from shooting guards,I'm getting tired of this shit. This is the weakness.

It takes the Spurs extreme measures just to put 1 point on the damn board. We have been the luckiest mofo fans with all of these buzzer-beating 3's from Finley, Barry, Rasho, Horry, and everyone else on the team.

But we do nothing to stop the easy shit that the Kings get.

goliath
04-29-2006, 01:10 AM
You put the ball in Manus hands the last play. Granted he fucked up. Dont flop and expect the call. But more often than not, he pulls a win out for us. hopefully all the Manu haters are right. If so....every-other-game Manu should bring home a game 4 win on Sunday

dbreiden83080
04-29-2006, 01:11 AM
The problem with this argument is all of 1 possession earlier for the Spurs Manu took it to Artest and set Finley up for a wide open three.

Your logic is flawed.

My logic is flawed so what do you call the fifteen times Artest made Manu eat his lunch then.

SequSpur
04-29-2006, 01:11 AM

Your logic is flawed.

The ball should've been in Tony Parker's hands. The guy that has ran the fucking team all year. The allstar, etc. etc. Manu clearly fucked up on the last play which clearly put the spurs in a predicament that they shouldn't of been in.

Manu hasn't played shit all year and when he has, he is clearly not allstar level anymore.

Manu fucked up, no one else did. The game was won and he fucked it up. Basically all by himself.

The entire team weathered the storm and took the lead and Manu fucked it up.

No one else.... Mr. I can only play once a week Ginobili. We'll see what happens next game.

jcrod
04-29-2006, 01:12 AM

Your logic is flawed.

How is the logic flawed. You have a guy who's turned the ball over several times in game deciding plays. Now you put him on a night he's having a bad night and let him go against one of two best defenders in the league.

SHIT!

PM5K
04-29-2006, 01:12 AM

Your logic is flawed.

His logic is not flawed, look at his assist to turnover ratio, then look at his assist to points ratio, he was more likely to turn the ball over than he was to make a shot or assist...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 01:13 AM
You put the ball in Manus hands the last play. Granted he fucked up. Dont flop and expect the call. But more often than not, he pulls a win out for us. hopefully all the Manu haters are right. If so....every-other-game Manu should bring home a game 4 win on Sunday
Eh whatever, Manu let the team down. This is a rare blunder though, where his TO actually lost us the game.

ANyway, you should all just take the loss like men, and quit being pussies and give props to the Kings for returning us the favor. Bibby did a great job at reading the drive and taking the steal.

Get over it with the self-doubt.

SequSpur
04-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Tonight..... umm... Game 3..........

The Spurs played better when Manu was sitting on the bench. Pop is the dipshit that brought him back in at the end. Pop went against his own theory.

ALVAREZ6
04-29-2006, 01:15 AM
What can we learn from this shitty ass game???

Avoid bullshit situations where you are depending on 1 play's outcome entirely.

Win the game earlier in the 4th, and then relax. I'm tired of fucking crazy down to the wire crap every other night. Someone is always saving us. Being a Spurs fan is gonna make me have a heart attack.

Solid D
04-29-2006, 01:17 AM
Actually, I'm fairly sure TP's +/- was worse than Manu's. When TP went out and Beno came in, the Spurs went on a run that ended up being 27-11 Spurs.

TP was highly ineffective most of the game.

PM5K
04-29-2006, 01:18 AM
What can we learn from this shitty ass game???

Avoid bullshit situations where you are depending on 1 play's outcome entirely.

Win the game earlier in the 4th, and then relax. I'm tired of fucking crazy down to the wire crap every other night. Someone is always saving us. Being a Spurs fan is gonna make me have a heart attack.

TV's should have built in defibrillators...

Man that would be a hilarious commercial, bunch of guys watching a playoff game on the tube, guy has a hear attack, other guys revives him with a built in defibrillator...

ALVAREZ6
04-29-2006, 01:18 AM
TV's should have built in defibrillators...

Man that would be a hilarious commercial, bunch of guys watching a playoff game on the tube, guy has a hear attack, other guys revives him with a built in defibrillator...

good idea

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Maybe if Pop eases up on his micromanaged Rotations and leave the Hot guys in longer. We'd have wider margin leads.

ALVAREZ6
04-29-2006, 01:24 AM
Maybe if Pop eases up on his micromanaged Rotations and leave the Hot guys in longer. We'd have wider margin leads.
damn right.

We don't need such a large rotation.

That was the reason for our success last year, guys could actually adapt to the current game easily. In the playoffs, we only played like 8 guys, not freakin 12.

goliath
04-29-2006, 01:25 AM
damn right.

That was the reason for our success last year, guys could actually adapt to the current game easily. In the playoffs, we only played like 8 guys, not freakin 12.

Um..if that were the case Barry woulda been on the bench for the shot in game 2.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 01:28 AM
damn right.

Yeah, it's not like those 8 guys have to be the same 8 guys each game anyway. Just whoevers hot. I know his concern is health, but it's the playoffs, everything in the moment counts. Certain players needed to pulled for the most part, while others needed to stay for their D tonight.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Um..if that were the case Barry woulda been on the bench for the shot in game 2.
No, Barry was hot that night had 22 points, and was 4 of 7 from the three. Tha'ts why Pop picked him over Finley for the longer, quick release.

goliath
04-29-2006, 01:32 AM
The fact is this...if I had told you spurs up 1 with 28 seconds left ball in Manu's hands everyone here woulda been happy.

PM5K
04-29-2006, 01:34 AM
The fact is this...if I had told you spurs up 1 with 28 seconds left ball in Manu's hands everyone here woulda been happy.

Yeah I would be happy, but you'd be leaving out the fact that he had SIX FUCKING TURNOVERS, and if you told me that I'd say: WHO IS THE FUCKING IDIOT THAT GAVE HIM THE BALL?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Well Murphy's law was enacted for us...

Manu won't forget this. He will SEEK VENGEANCE....

Eh forget Manu right now, he has let us down until proven otherwise. Timmay' needs to lead us to victory on Sunday.

Aggie Hoopsfan
How is the logic flawed. You have a guy who's turned the ball over several times in game deciding plays. Now you put him on a night he's having a bad night and let him go against one of two best defenders in the league.

SHIT!

I'll tell you how the logic is flawed, it's the same logic that everyone used in the past when we'd go to Duncan at the end of a game on a night when he was 3-16 expecting for him to win the game. I got told 'because that's the way it is.'

Well, for quite a while now, we've gone to Manu at the end of games, and that's 'the way it is.'

You're talking about the same guy who set up Barry to get us into OT in game 2. You're talking about the same guy who 30 seconds earlier set Michael Finley up for the three that got us the lead to begin with.

Think about that. I'm not saying Manu had a great game, because he didn't. But he's the same guy who set up Finley the play before that to put us up. And that was with Artest on him. And now you're bitching about the 'hot hand' and wondering why they gave it to Manu? He had just punked Artest the previous possession, and they went with the hot hand thinking he'd do it again.

Shit happens sometimes. Hell, the refs sucked on their whistles twice in the last 6 seconds while Bibby hacked the shit out of Manu and then grabbed the net with the ball on the rim. If the refs have any balls, they never get that miracle shot.

But I digress, our biggest problem is we're getting punked on the boards this series. I don't care how strong Bonzi is - the guy playing from the 2guard spot on the other team shouldn't be grabbing 14 boards against this team.

Unfortunately that's the kind of shit that happens when Pop goes pre-season with his lineup in the playoffs. Four guards + Duncan is let Bonzi run wild on the glass, and it's what ultimately cost us the game.

PM5K
04-29-2006, 01:37 AM
You are just wrong AHF, as I said:

Look at his numbers, look at his assist/turnover and point/turnover ratios, he was more likely to turn the ball over than he was to make an assist or score a basket...

jcrod
04-29-2006, 01:47 AM
I'll tell you how the logic is flawed, it's the same logic that everyone used in the past when we'd go to Duncan at the end of a game on a night when he was 3-16 expecting for him to win the game. I got told 'because that's the way it is.'

Well, for quite a while now, we've gone to Manu at the end of games, and that's 'the way it is.'

You're talking about the same guy who set up Barry to get us into OT in game 2. You're talking about the same guy who 30 seconds earlier set Michael Finley up for the three that got us the lead to begin with.

Think about that. I'm not saying Manu had a great game, because he didn't. But he's the same guy who set up Finley the play before that to put us up. And that was with Artest on him. And now you're bitching about the 'hot hand' and wondering why they gave it to Manu? He had just punked Artest the previous possession, and they went with the hot hand thinking he'd do it again.

Shit happens sometimes. Hell, the refs sucked on their whistles twice in the last 6 seconds while Bibby hacked the shit out of Manu and then grabbed the net with the ball on the rim. If the refs have any balls, they never get that miracle shot.

But I digress, our biggest problem is we're getting punked on the boards this series. I don't care how strong Bonzi is - the guy playing from the 2guard spot on the other team shouldn't be grabbing 14 boards against this team.

Unfortunately that's the kind of shit that happens when Pop goes pre-season with his lineup in the playoffs. Four guards + Duncan is let Bonzi run wild on the glass, and it's what ultimately cost us the game.

First, I doubt TD has the second best or best defender on him. Even if its Ben Wallace. I would take TD on Ben any day of the week, instead of Manu on Artest. TD is the best PF to ever play the game. IS Manu even close to that, NO!

And like I said, Manu screws up, just as much as he's come through. Screw that shit, with Artest on him.

And the Kings guy, the two guard, who had a great game and had all those rebounds. Tell me who was guarding him most of the night.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 01:47 AM

On the Tim Duncan 3-16 thing you're right on this call. Timmy is that type of player you just have to believe in no matter what the current Spread sheet says. Didn't we see him go from 3 of 10 to 10 of 17 or something like that in the 4th quarter against the Lakers in Reg Season. And in the 3rd quarter of game 7 in the Finals. His stats didn't tell he would erupt in the 3rd, but he delivered at the right time. Same can be said about Manu, who has delivered the game clinching play for most of his career in the regular season, postseason and the championship. So Pop was NOT wrong to assume...

But still, PMK makes his point with the help of HINDSIGHT. Pop gambled on Manu's performance tonight, and should have read the warning signs against the KINGS previous D on him. Manu had those turnovers for a reason. He didn't respond well to it agaiN, in the last possession and blew the game.

PM5K
04-29-2006, 01:53 AM
But still, PMK makes his point with the help of HINDSIGHT. Pop gambled on Manu's performance tonight, and should have read the warning signs against the KINGS previous D on him. Manu had those turnovers for a reason. He didn't respond well to it agaiN, in the last possession and blew the game.

Hindsight is bullshit.

Hindsight is if Manu turned the ball over and I said to myself afterwards:

Shit, Manu shouldn't have had the ball in his hands

What happened was Manu had the ball in his hands and I said to myself:

Shit, Manu shouldn't have the ball in his hands, he has six turnovers.

jcrod
04-29-2006, 01:56 AM
Hindsight is bullshit.

:lmao

Are you trying to say something.

CharlieMac
Playing Monday Monring Quarterback, we can all agree that the ball should have been kicked in to Timmy and allow him to draw in the double team, or have TP handle the ball, but then SAC would have just fouled one of our poorer freet throw shooters. Having one of our better free throw shooters go hard towards the basket while were up by one with 5 seconds left isn't a horrible idea though.

PM5K
:lmao

Are you trying to say something.

What?

PM5K
04-29-2006, 01:57 AM
Playing Monday Monring Quarterback, we can all agree that the ball should have been kicked in to Timmy and allow him to draw in the double team, or have TP handle the ball, but then SAC would have just fouled one of our poorer freet throw shooters. Having one of our better free throw shooters go hard towards the basket while were up by one with 5 seconds left isn't a horrible idea though.

Monday morning my ass, anyone that knows their balls from their elbows should have known Manu shouldn't have had the ball in his hands at the end of the game, he already had six turnovers!

jcrod
04-29-2006, 01:58 AM
nothing bro, its funny. you wrote the samething twice, twice. I agree. Almost like you were trying to write a poem

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 01:59 AM
Hindsight is bullshit.

:lol were you thinking that before he dished the ball to Finley?

Obviously Pop and Manu had too much confidence in themselves from the past, and were forgetting to think about the present....

Anyway all that b.s. about Manu doing equal amounts of bad for the Team is way off. Manu has made key plays that delivered more wins than losses. This is the first time Manu has seriously blown a game on a bad night. His inconsistency usually meshed with the teams, but never cost us anymore than anyone else's output.

PM5K
04-29-2006, 01:59 AM
nothing bro, its funny. you wrote the samething twice, twice. I agree. Almost like you were trying to write a poem

It's not the same man, read it again...

jcrod
04-29-2006, 02:00 AM

I would rather have them foul TP or TD with 3 seconds left and then have our defense set, than to have that shit. Especially the way TP has been hitting his freethrows.

PM5K
04-29-2006, 02:07 AM

And it is a horrible idea, the refs aren't gonna make the call at the end of the game nine times out of ten, shit Manu WAS fouled, did you hear a whistle?

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2006, 02:18 AM
seriously they shouldve gone to duncan for a high percentage shot, i dont care if he goes to the ft line, at least he mite put one in at the line, then go back on defense and gaurd the perimeter.

T Park
04-29-2006, 02:18 AM
- we were outworked on the glass AGAIN in this series, and Pop had his stupid ass lineups in there

Of course.

Nazr should've played more obviously.

he was playing so kick ass when in there!!!!

Kori Ellis
04-29-2006, 04:42 AM
Everyone knows at the end of games they run ISO for Manu up top. Even though Manu had a horrible night, Pop isn't going to go away from him. You still have to trust that your stars will come thru in the clutch. This time, he didn't. Oh well. Most of the time he does.

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2006, 04:48 AM
time to switch gameplans for last plays, teams know what we be doin.....

SequSpur
04-29-2006, 08:57 AM
Everyone knows at the end of games they run ISO for Manu up top. Even though Manu had a horrible night, Pop isn't going to go away from him. You still have to trust that your stars will come thru in the clutch. This time, he didn't. Oh well. Most of the time he does.

Manu hasn't played a consistent game all year. Pop needs to recognize this and the fact that Manu sucked all night long. Finley, Barry and Parker were clearly the better players all year and last night. Even after all the beers and getting a full 8 hours sleep, I am still pissed at not just Manu but the whole execution coming out of the timeout. That was piss poor coaching which led to compromising the series and injuries to players unnecessarily.

LEONARD
04-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Finley guarding Artest at crunch time was a genius plan...

Athenea
04-29-2006, 09:09 AM
Manu hasn't played a consistent game all year. Pop needs to recognize this and the fact that Manu sucked all night long. Finley, Barry and Parker were clearly the better players all year and last night. Even after all the beers and getting a full 8 hours sleep, I am still pissed at not just Manu but the whole execution coming out of the timeout. That was piss poor coaching which led to compromising the series and injuries to players unnecessarily.
R u saying Pop would've benched Manu in the last possession?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2006, 10:20 AM
Monday morning my ass, anyone that knows their balls from their elbows should have known Manu shouldn't have had the ball in his hands at the end of the game, he already had six turnovers!

The previous possession Manu had 6 turnovers, had Artest on him, and he set up Finley for the basket to put us up.

If Manu didn't have the ball that play, we probably never get the lead to begin with.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Of course.

Nazr should've played more obviously.

he was playing so kick ass when in there!!!!

You're a dumbass Tpark. A true dumbass. Where did I say anything about Nazr being in there? This is what pisses me off about you. You take someone's argument and totally skew it to try and look like you know something about basketball.

Tim + four guards was fucking dumb. Last time I checked, we had other bigs, namely Rasho and Horry, who could probably be good for a few minutes of play ;)

Again, the Spurs *system* is successful defensively because we always have had two bigs down there.

When they lifted Brad Miller up high and Tim had to go with him, who was left to defend the rim? Manu? Finley? Yeah, those are some serious shot blockers right there

Pop got cute with the matchups and Adelman fucked him at the offensive end. Tell me what part of Finley guarding Artest you thought was a good idea. I'm waiting.

ducks
04-29-2006, 10:24 AM
yep manu saved the day no other spur could have set up finely for that shot

manu has not been that clutch in the postseason this year compared to last year
he missed a free throw at the end of game 2 which spurs did overcome that with barry's three
but last night he turned the ball over

had it been any other spur you would be all over him ahf

after you say it was manu in the game thread you turned it around and said it was really the faulit of letting wells get 14 rebounds and turning the subject

ducks
04-29-2006, 10:25 AM

thatis just it why not try something else to catch the kings off guard

no that would take brains and trust in someone other then manu

Sportman
04-29-2006, 10:39 AM
This loss is pop and manu. Pop chose bad because manu was playing AWFUL and manu because he did the play.

Nevertheless we canīt say now, that manu and pop are the worst because as we watched matches winning for both, now we watched the opposite. Personally, i think manu played with too much respect towards artest when he shouldnīt have done that. If you want to win artest you have to play with the same energy he leaves on the court.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2006, 10:43 AM
manu has not been that clutch in the postseason this year compared to last year
he missed a free throw at the end of game 2 which spurs did overcome that with barry's three
but last night he turned the ball over

had it been any other spur you would be all over him ahf

Ducks, get off your knees for Tony. Manu fucked up, I said as much. The point still remains, all the Monday Morning Quarterbacks are asking WTF Manu got the ball, when half of them were kissing Manu's ass 30 seconds earlier after he set up Finley for the go ahead three.

Manu wasn't clutch in game 2? :lol And you call me biased? Get off your knees for Parker. Parker nearly had as many turnovers in game 2 (7) as Manu had assists (9). 32 and 9 and Manu wasn't clutch? Yeah, I guess Tony's 12 bricks last night was "clutch". :rolleyes

exstatic
04-29-2006, 10:43 AM
For once, I actually have to agree. It was pretty apparent that Manu didn't have it last night. I would have run it for either Parker or Barry as the primary ball handler.

ducks
04-29-2006, 10:49 AM
parker 4-13
manu 3-9

they both shot below their %

but manu had 6 turnovers

and manu last year in the playoffs would not have missed that big free throw at the end

hopefully manu can regain his play from last year

exstatic
04-29-2006, 10:57 AM
but manu had 6 turnovers

Ding ding ding. We have a winner....

Kori Ellis
04-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Sorry but I say you still have to go through Manu.

Even with six turnovers, Manu is the best guy in crunch time with the ball in his hands. Refer to the play where Finley hit the 3. Refer to the last play of Game 2. Even if he had 20 turnovers, I'd want Pop to still have the confidence to go through him. He's a winner and in the playoffs, winners step up even if they are having an awful game.

His turnovers weren't just because Artest was smothering him on D. A lot of his turnovers were just plain screw ups. So oh well. You keep going to him and most of the time he'll come through for you. Last night he didn't. Oh well. Move on.

It's easy for you guys to say now that Pop fucked up. But if Manu would have scored (Or dished to someone else who scored) you all would be in here praising Pop for sticking with Manu even on a bad night.

weebo
04-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Manu is the closer. Since last post season, when a play is needed to be made for our Spurs its been Manu creating for himself or others. Granted he didn't have a great night but would you take the ball away from a struggling Marion Rivera because Barry Bonds is at the plate? I don't think so. Besides, most times than not Manu has come through with smart decisions at the end of games. Its not that complicated--you win some, you lose some.

Sportman
04-29-2006, 11:18 AM
It's easy for you guys to say now that Pop fucked up. But if Manu would have scored (Or dished to someone else who scored) you all would be in here praising Pop for sticking with Manu even on a bad night.

This is the truth. If you have always put your confidence in an guy you canīt lose it overnight. Besides when you know this guy almost gave you an entire playoffs and finals. This is what i love from us "the human beings", and i say i love because i laugh at it. Manu played as a rokkie yesterday, at some moment i asked myself, did manu go to sacramento, was he on the court? :lol .........But as a friend of mine told me, this is a SIMPLE basketball game, you canīt kill a guy after telling he was the best in game two, for me thatīs something REALLY funny :lol

wildbill2u
04-29-2006, 11:32 AM

I agree. Apparently SAC decided to wait out the clock without fouling Manu and putting him on the line.

If Manu had simply played the clock instead of trying to score the worst thing that happens is we get a shot clock violation with them getting the ball with only a couple of seconds to score against our set defense.

Manu is right. this one's on him. Now let's move on and win the series 4-1

Kamnik
04-29-2006, 11:33 AM

Even with six turnovers, Manu is the best guy in crunch time with the ball in his hands. Refer to the play where Finley hit the 3. Refer to the last play of Game 2. Even if he had 20 turnovers, I'd want Pop to still have the confidence to go through him. He's a winner and in the playoffs, winners step up even if they are having an awful game.

His turnovers weren't just because Artest was smothering him on D. A lot of his turnovers were just plain screw ups. So oh well. You keep going to him and most of the time he'll come through for you. Last night he didn't. Oh well. Move on.

i think some people need to read and think about your last sentence at least 10 times

hypocrism,retardism,whateverism

wildbill2u
04-29-2006, 11:34 AM
shouldve just pass itto duncan and let him decide the end of the game.

if they foul us, who do you want on the line? Manu or Duncan? Manu or Parker?

Sportman
04-29-2006, 11:37 AM
i think some people need to read and think about your last sentence at least 10 times

hypocrism,retardism,whateverism

I think you are completly WRONG and from what i can notice i could assure you are one of them

Kamnik
04-29-2006, 11:43 AM
I think thatīs SIMPLY truth and from what i can notice i could assure you are one of them

uh?

get a dose of reality man

i hardly ever post; i never comment things like why they lost or won

and especially i never blame a guy for making a mistake because everyone including pop and manu are just humans and humans make mistakes

i just liked what Kori wrote in the last part because some ppl get on my nerves for saying some players are gods when they have a good game and the other night he is saying he sucks when he doesnt

Sportman
04-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Oh ok sorry i misunderstood you, my fault :oops

Spurs Dynasty
04-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Yes, yes, yes... Manu almost always is the guy you want with the ball at clutch time... BUT NOT LAST NIGHT. It was obvious he was having a very rare bad game. Pop should have recogognized that and gone to TD and let him work... the guy who was coming thru all game long, and may i say, hitting free throws (*thud*).

SequSpur
04-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Manu hasn't played 3 games in a row all season. The Spurs got to 63 and a blowout in Game 1 because of Tony Parker.

Manu is wreckless. The Spurs lost this game because of Manu's wreckless skills.

All he had to do was jack up a shot instead of forcing the issue. If it truly was an isolation and he was to penetrate, why did he puss out and pass it?

Because he's 2006 Manu.

boutons_
04-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Pop doesn't seem to recognize when Tim or Manu are totally ineffective in one game. He still goes to them in crunch time.

Everybody on the planet knew Manu was going to drive left last night, just like he did in Game2.

3 Kings were right there. Good defense defense by Kings against a predictable play by the Spurs.

Rick and the Kings adjusted to face the inevitable. Why the hell can't Pop and the Spurs be less inevitable, especially when Manu (or Tim on other nights) is having a horrible game?

With the lead AND the ball, the Spurs weren't playing to score, just to kill the clock,put up a shot, draw a foul, perhaps with a time-finishing rebound. Manu drives right into 3 defenders and loses the ball and the game.

Rigidly dumb basketball. Not playoff, Championship basketball.

baseline bum
04-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Game 5, 2005 Finals - Horry for 3 and the win w/ 5.9 left
Game 2, 2006 first round - Barry for 3 to go to OT w/ 4.0 left
Game 6, 2005 second round - Duncan for the win w/ 0.5 left
Game 6, 2003 Finals - Jack gives the Spurs their first lead of the game, 73-72

All Manu Ginobili assists. I want the ball in Manu's hand every single time the Spurs are in that situtation.

Athenea
04-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Manu hasn't played 3 games in a row all season. The Spurs got to 63 and a blowout in Game 1 because of Tony Parker.

Manu is wreckless. The Spurs lost this game because of Manu's wreckless skills.

All he had to do was jack up a shot instead of forcing the issue. If it truly was an isolation and he was to penetrate, why did he puss out and pass it?

Because he's 2006 Manu.
Again... R u saying that from now on Manu needs to get benched in crunch time?
U r just a schizophrenic fan. One of your multiple personalities likes Manu and the rest just can't stand the guy.
Last year u were crucifying 2005 Manu all season but he just shut ur mouth in the POffs and u were all over him.
Try to be reasonable and coherent for a change. :drunk

Athenea
04-29-2006, 12:27 PM

Either that ^^, or u can become Sequ.

Cherry
04-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Can anyone believe in Manu for game 4? or just kill him today for 1 loss?
He will be ready for Game4, thatīs for sure.

baseline bum
04-29-2006, 12:35 PM
I wonder if Laker fans killed Kobe for traveling on the last possession of game 2 of the 2002 second round, to give the Spurs the win... clutch players still screw up sometimes.

exstatic
04-29-2006, 01:28 PM
if they foul us, who do you want on the line? Manu or Duncan? Manu or Parker?
Parker, no question. Manu has shown the ability this year to miss big FTs, and Tony is hot from the FT line at 94.4% (17/18) for the series. Of the players in this series that have shot 10 or more FTS, only Kevin Martin is shooting better at 100%. Parker is outshooting Bibby by 7 percentage points at the line.

Of the FT shooters that I would want handling the ball (Manu,Tony,Barry), my order would be Parker, Barry, Manu. Now if Sacto were in a position to HAVE to foul, I'd inbound to Finley, but I don't want him handling the ball or trying to create in the situation that SA was actually in.

Another option would have been Tim in the high post, and run some cutters through the lane. He has options to shoot, drive, or hit a cutter. I'll bet he would have gotten a shot off, or been shooting FTs with a 1 point lead and the clock stopped, giving the Spurs a chance to set their defense.

Edit: Parker also had a FAR weaker defender in Bibby.

exstatic
04-29-2006, 01:32 PM

Huh? Manu gets the benefit of the doubt every game...until he proves ineffective, which he was last night. I don't think anyone is saying Manu isn't a good player. Pop just needs to recognize his off nights and act accordingly. Run the fucking play for someone else.

ManusGirl402
04-29-2006, 01:41 PM
exstatic, affirmative

ManusGirl402
04-29-2006, 01:44 PM
anyone there?

spurster
04-29-2006, 02:07 PM
I agree with Solid D. Even better is to let Brent take a long 3 with a couple seconds left on the clock. Either he makes it or it takes a few seconds for anybody to control the rebound or it's an airball with the Kings having only 3.7 to make a play against a set defense.

Trifecta
04-29-2006, 02:34 PM
What has hurt MANU also is his flopping!!!!!

It's the cry wolf syndrome -- when he actually gets hacked, the play is allowed to continue!!!

Regardless, when in waning seconds of game, the refs WILL allow the physical play!

I did not argue the fact that MANU had the ball in that situation -- he just forced the action and Sacto took advantage!!!!

Manu4Three
04-29-2006, 03:01 PM
It seem that none of you guys can get it, if the ball would be on Tony or Barry's hands and either of them make the TO, all of you would be saying...
" WTF the ball wasn't on Manu's hand." Period.

exstatic
04-29-2006, 03:07 PM
It seem that none of you guys can get it, if the ball would be on Tony or Barry's hands and either of them make the TO, all of you would be saying...
" WTF the ball wasn't on Manu's hand." Period.
Um, no. I'd say Pop probably realized that it wasn't Manu's night. Parker, guarded by Bibby is about 10 times a better option than Manu with Artest on him.

Manu4Three
04-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Um, no. I'd say Pop probably realized that it wasn't Manu's night. Parker, guarded by Bibby is about 10 times a better option than Manu with Artest on him.

Ok, Pop probably would think that and would give the ball to Tony, but if Parker make the TO, I'm sure that you would be thinking WTF the ball was on the hand of a guy that never make a crunch time play.
If Manu's play would have gone to the ring, none of us would be talking about this issue.

exstatic
04-29-2006, 03:32 PM
And you're not getting me: The chances of Parker turning the ball over without a shot, guarded by Bibby, are about the same as the sun going out in the next five seconds. Leading by one, he doesn't have to make a play, just get up a shot. I think Tony could have managed that. In fact, a missed shot at the shotclock buzzer would have been better than a make. In the melee for the rebound, the game clock probably would have expired.

Spurs Dynasty
04-29-2006, 03:33 PM

Manu will be out for blood in game 4. I think you will see an incredible effort from him. He is TOO MUCH of a competitor not to.

RON ARTEST
04-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Manu will be out for blood in game 4. I think you will see an incredible effort from him. He is TOO MUCH of a competitor not to.
he will try but with Artest on him it will be very tough for him to play great. what im surprised about is parker not playing well considering he had bibby on him who cant stop my grandma from scoring.

atxrocker
04-29-2006, 03:44 PM
uh..i would say this loss is on Martin, a spurs killer!

RON ARTEST
04-29-2006, 03:49 PM
uh..i would say this loss is on Martin, a spurs killer!
:lol who would have thought that! last year if you told me he would be playing like this i would laugh in your face.

Manu4Three
04-29-2006, 03:50 PM
And you're not getting me: The chances of Parker turning the ball over without a shot, guarded by Bibby, are about the same as the sun going out in the next five seconds. Leading by one, he doesn't have to make a play, just get up a shot. I think Tony could have managed that. In fact, a missed shot at the shotclock buzzer would have been better than a make. In the melee for the rebound, the game clock probably would have expired.
Man, Tony is not a guy with out TO precisely, he does not assure us good decisions in crunch time.
I just assure you one thing, if we switch positions between Manu and Tony, and was Tone who's made the TO, we'd have today a Thread at least
with 25 pages, talking about Pop and his bad decision, and also bashing Tony' play.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 04:18 PM
His effort won't matter. Ron Artest is not suspended for game 4.

Spurs Dynasty
04-29-2006, 04:23 PM

Lets revisit this AFTER game 4. Seriously, tho, you dont really think the Kings can beat the Spurs in a playoff series do you? Please say you don't after I bragged on you in this forum. :spin :spin

Manu4Three
04-29-2006, 04:35 PM
The King hardly won against a Spurs' Team, just with TD playing his level.
You guys, don't have a chance against the Champ. Game 3 was lost by the Spurs, it wasn't won by the Kings.

exstatic
04-29-2006, 04:36 PM

Ron Artest wasn't suspended for game 1, either.

atxrocker
04-29-2006, 04:36 PM
The King hardly won against a Spurs' Team, just with TD playing his level.
You guys, don't have a chance against the Champ. Game 3 was lost by the Spurs, it wasn't won by the Kings.

it was won by bibby with the steal and martin with the clutch basket. haha, your post is pretty funny, even for a spurs fan.

Manu4Three
04-29-2006, 04:43 PM
it was won by bibby with the steal and martin with the clutch basket. haha, your post is pretty funny, even for a spurs fan.
Nope, it was lost by Manu in an infantile play; thing that you will never see again. A player never can lose the ball, with 3.4 seg left on the clock and up for 1.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Actually if you want to bitch about the last play, Manu could have pulled up with about 2 left on the shot clock, five on the game clock, and thrown the ball way into the rafters. As long as he didn't hit anything, the clock wouldn't stop running until the ball hit the ground or it ran out. :lol

SequSpur
04-29-2006, 05:40 PM
exactly, he could've should've junked that mother fucker into the rafters.

The Spurs would be up 3 to 0. But no, our philosophy is to massage the opponent.

Fuck that.

50 & 21
04-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Pffft.... don't forget game 2. Manu hand the ball before passing it off down the baseline to Brent.

Don't forget Artest wasn't absolutely owning Manu in game 2.

Artest didn't play!!! Game 3 was NOT game 2.

I agree with the topic starter. All on POP this one.

SA Gunslinger
04-29-2006, 07:12 PM
For once, a team overplayed and compensated for Manu's left. The playoffs are about adjustments and Manu needs to be ready to give the Kings another look if they continue to overplay his left hand.

Also, Manu did get fouled but he has to know he is not going to get that call to decide the game(especially with Salvatore). He was kinda of flopping to draw the foul.

Props to Kevin Martin because that shot was incredible.

Sportman
04-29-2006, 08:29 PM
I am going to be patience, as an argerntinian fan i have watched a couple of manuīs games since manu played in italy. This is not the first time manu will have to struggle against an adversity so i have to wait his answer.

caŪlo
04-29-2006, 08:33 PM
A fuckin' men.

Nothing against Tony or his skills as PG, but Manu is THE playmaker in the last minutes of the game. That's the way it's always been and it's been proven to work, why go against what you know works?

lets not forget the game in detroit last year where we had the ball and dished it to the wide open horry

SenorSpur
04-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Like every Spur fan, I love Manu and there is certainly no denying what a great player he is. The things that I love about him, the fearlessnes, his relentless determination, his competitive nature and yes even his awkwardness are qualities that make him unique.

Combine the innate ability to draw fouls, the ability to finish at the rim and an ability to thread passes to cutting teammates and you have a truly great player. Unfortunately, at times, he is also a "high risk", "high reward" type of player.

With all that said, I pin this last loss on him. He was flat out terrible. Everybody has "off" games. Yet he compounded the misery with the incessant turnovers, a slew of forced passes, bumbling dribble drives in traffic that often ended up in the opposition's hands and constant looking for bail-out calls from the officials. He simply tried to do too much when he was having a off-night.

I was glad to see him take responsibility for his role in the last loss. I still love him as a player and I fully expect him to come back with a vengence on Sunday night.

He will be an even better player when he develops he learns to pick his spots when to attack, learning when to take what the defense gives him, and consistently and accurately passing out of double teams teams. Michael Jordan used to call this "letting the game come to you."

Let's hope it happens sooner than later.

Cherry
04-30-2006, 12:24 PM
His effort won't matter.

you have no idea :rolleyes