PDA

View Full Version : We need something from Bowen

Winnipeg_Spur
04-29-2006, 02:01 AM
Bruce proved during the season that he's once again one of the top defenders in the league. His versatility was amazing, he even managed to guard big forwards like Bosh and Randolph when needed. Well, the Spurs are getting beat up pretty good by both Bonzi Wells and Ron Artest, and Bruce Bowen has got to be the guy to man up at least one of them. Both those guys are significantly heavier than Bowen, but he's got to play big. Does anyone here doubt him?

http://www.e-keene.com/bryan/bruce_bowen.jpg

Believe.

jcrod
04-29-2006, 02:04 AM
Artest is just a bad matchup for Bowen. He's to strong an physical for BB, just like Lebron. And Bonzi is killing Manu.

Leetonidas
04-29-2006, 02:05 AM
Ah, where can I find your avatar in a bigger size!?

And yes, Bruce needs to make his return. I will never doubt the precious baldness, he will come up big, just wait...

Horry For 3!
04-29-2006, 02:07 AM
Ah, where can I find your avatar in a bigger size!?

And yes, Bruce needs to make his return. I will never doubt the precious baldness, he will come up big, just wait...
This..... ?

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6625/timmyyy3tr.jpg

leemajors
04-29-2006, 02:08 AM
it would be even better for nazr to actually rebound the ball and not watch people score on him.

Leetonidas
04-29-2006, 02:12 AM
Yes, thank you HF3. I have been looking for that.

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2006, 02:14 AM
Seriously we should stop havin duncan defend miller when artest/wells is on the court at the same time, all miller is doin drawin duncan out of the lane for these guyz to score. We should have sumone on miller when he decides to run out, have bowen/horry or one of the crap defenders switch on him.

T Park
04-29-2006, 02:15 AM
Problem is Finley and Barry are scoring so well, its tough.

Id say, sacrafice Beno and Van Exel's minutes

play Barry at the point, and play Bowen more.

Just put him on Artest or Bonzi, wichever is goin nuts.

MORE ZONE!!!!!!!

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2006, 03:03 AM
there are certain situations where ive seen bowen penetrate with the ball and just dribble pass the ring, and the opponent will just let him go pass since his not goin to attempt to score, why dont bowen just go straight to the hole since they are daring him.

xcoriate
04-29-2006, 04:35 AM
cause he still can't finish to save himself.

He has come along way but thats not there for him yet.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2006, 04:37 AM
Bowen is not built to guard Artest or Bonzi. Bowen should be on the floor to guard Bibby or even used to guard Miller. (I know he's tall, but he's not exactly a good post player).

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2006, 04:47 AM
Bowen is not built to guard Artest or Bonzi. Bowen should be on the floor to guard Bibby or even used to guard Miller. (I know he's tall, but he's not exactly a good post player).

Thats what i also said, miller is a nobody in this series, we dont want duncan runnin out to defend his jumpshots, i prefer we have sumone switch on him when he runs out, maybe have the other post player or swingman

MannyIsGod
04-29-2006, 05:30 AM
Bonzi is a tough matchup for so many of our players because he's so damn strong. Right now I wish we could just find a way to keep him off the boards.