PDA

View Full Version : Ok so we got the Salvatore and Bavetta games out of the way...

whottt
04-29-2006, 03:13 AM
So the rest of the games should be Spurs wins unless they just totally come out and suck, something the bench hasn't let happen yet.

I don't think we've ever gotten both Salvatore and Bavetta in the first round and won both of the games...and I know we've never won a title when we swept the first round.

No biggie...would have been nice to win but I am glad Manu used up his bad game in a Salvatore reffed game....Salvatore would have gotten us one way or the other...he usually does, and if he doesn't Bavetta does. Glad we got those two asswipes out of the way. Hopefully we won't seem them again until the WCF.

Niece and Javie have a bad rep with Spursfans, but they are ace refs compared to Salvatore and Bavetta.

Tek_XX
04-29-2006, 03:16 AM
I actually thought the game was reffed fair, we got our fair share of calls.

whottt
04-29-2006, 03:20 AM
I am not blaming the officiating...just pointing out that we almost always lose playoff games with Bavetta or Salvatore reffing and IMO, the fact that we are up 2-1 getting both of them this early is a positive...

And I think it's entirely possible that some of Manu's TO's were fouls...not defending his play, because he was off tonight, but different refs let different things go and that probably had something to do with his game tonight(along with Artest).

Tek_XX
04-29-2006, 03:23 AM
I am not blaming the officiating...just pointing out that we almost always lose playoff games with Bavetta or Salvatore reffing and IMO, the fact that we are up 2-1 getting both of them this early is a positive...

And I think it's entirely possible that some of Manu's TO's were fouls...not defending his play, because he was off tonight, but different refs let different things go and that probably had something to do with his game tonight(along with Artest).

You're not blaming the officiating but you are blaming the officiating??

rayray2k8
04-29-2006, 03:25 AM
I hate it when people blame the refs as the reason why the spurs lost.
They were out rebounded again!!
Thats an issue im sure Pop will address. As well as turnovers.
Otherwise these games will continue to be close.
Its time to play spurs b-ball which is grind it out D.
Now keep in mind, the spurs put themselves in postion to win, but this time the
ball rolled in favor of the kings, literally.
I get the feeling if the spurs drop another game, people will start pushing the panic
button and show their true colors. And I'll make sure I take down names when it happens.
Spurs in 5..
(You honestly didnt think it would that easy did you?)

whottt
04-29-2006, 03:27 AM
You're not blaming the officiating but you are blaming the officiating??

It's too complex for you...don't worry about it.

Tek_XX
04-29-2006, 03:32 AM
It's too complex for you...don't worry about it.

Dude i don't even think you understand what you are saying. If you want to blame the officiating for Spurs loses, thats fine, but don't say you're not blaming the officiating.

whottt
04-29-2006, 03:32 AM

Damn, you and Tex must have gone to the same grade school.

It's real simple...the point I am making is that historically the Spurs lose playoff games with Bavetta or Salvatore reffing, there is a clear trend and I shouldn't even have to explain this to anyone who has been a Spursfan for a few years. Now I can't really complain about the calls tonight...

but the fact is that we usually do lose Salvatore reffed games, for whatever reason...so I am glad Manu got his shitty game out of the way in a Salvatore game

. And I'll make sure I take down names when it happens.
?)

You go ahead and do that.

rayray2k8
04-29-2006, 03:41 AM
Damn, you and Tex must have gone to the same grade school.

It's real simple...the point I am making is that historically the Spurs lose playoff games with Bavetta or Salvatore reffing, there is a clear trend and I shouldn't even have to explain this to anyone who has been a Spursfan for a few years. Now I can't really complain about the calls tonight...

but the fact is that we usually do lose Salvatore reffed games, for whatever reason...

Oh well shit then you must feel pretty damn happy now that you dont to worry about them.
You might say the series is in the bag.
The game was called even... Get over it bro.

so I am glad Manu got his shitty game out of the way in a Salvatore game.
yeah.... So I guys its salvatores fault that Manu turned over the ball huh??
Riiiiight.

Ha!! I might as well start with you :lol :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
04-29-2006, 03:49 AM
You guys aren't understanding what Whottt is saying. He's not saying that the refs cost the Spurs this game. He's saying that Salvatore games are normally poorly ref'd (not tonight's game) so at least he's out of the way for the rest of this series.

rayray2k8
04-29-2006, 03:54 AM
Kori, I get what he was saying.
I wasnt to "thrilled" either to see Salvatore as one of the officals for last nights game.
Im just saying that I hate it when spurs fans ALWAYS blame the refs *cough (flashgordon) ALWAYS whenever the spurs lose. :lol
Im not looking for a fight, you know.

Gummi
04-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Stop with the refs. The officials did a good job. Just a poor play by Manu at the end.

foodie2
04-29-2006, 07:58 AM
I agree that the refereeing was pretty even, but I just want to point out that we haven't had Nies yet; he may not be as bad as the others, as Whottt says, but when he's on the floor, Tim goes into a shell from the tip-off. I am too lazy to look up the statistics, but I bet his averages are sub-par during Nies refereed games.

Just sayin'.

GrandeDavid
04-29-2006, 08:15 AM
The Juwan Howard is Scary under whottt's name is weak. The "Whottt's up" was classic. Please change back! lol

And, yes, good to get the Salvatore game out of the way. He, especially, seems to have the Spurs' number. lol

NCaliSpurs
04-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Nies let's them Kill Timmy.

Bibby got both of his arms on that last play. It was an easy foul call.

And they got the lucky bounce. I am not blaming the refs, but they cost us the game. :)

boutons_
04-29-2006, 08:53 AM
In crunch time, there was an out of bounds on Bonzi call under the Spurs basket, but replay from camera under the basket showed two other Spurs touched the ball after Bonzi. Amazingly bad call, in Spurs favor.

Trainwreck2100
04-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Two words: Violet Palmer

polandprzem
04-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Two words: Violet Palmer

And she is in playoffs :rolleyes

RON ARTEST
04-29-2006, 04:04 PM
you didnt play well. get over it damn.

GoSpurs21
04-29-2006, 04:19 PM
but whott forgot about Jack Niess, he always has an agenda against Duncan

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 04:24 PM
So a Spurs fans starts a thread to complain about the officiating when the Spurs win, now a Spurs fans starts a thread to complain about the officiating when the Spurs lost. Sounds like its a lose-lose situation for you guys when an official steps on the court.

rayray2k8
04-29-2006, 05:25 PM
So a Spurs fans starts a thread to complain about the officiating when the Spurs win, now a Spurs fans starts a thread to complain about the officiating when the Spurs lost. Sounds like its a lose-lose situation for you guys when an official steps on the court.
Boy I can't wait, till the end of next week. :lol
I know mouse talks shit but at least he's entertaining.

samikeyp
04-29-2006, 05:27 PM
No one here actually played.

The officiating is an excuse used by the uneducated.

Despot
04-29-2006, 06:47 PM
This thread:

Another thread:
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39615&page=1

I try not to pin the blame on the officals, but last night
he was atrocious. :madrun

I realize that you are not directly (but obviously) blaming the refs in that qoute, then again, neither was whottt. But you are saying the refs were atrocious.

picnroll
04-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Jack Nies still looms on the horizon.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Boy I can't wait, till the end of next week. :lol
I know mouse talks shit but at least he's entertaining.
Weren't you the one on my ass about "let's keep it basketball" :rolleyes

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 07:58 PM
you are 100% right.......with those two gone spurs win next 2 EASILY.....and rayray you know its true. those two refs make the game close......we all know it. next two will be BLOW OUTS.Why do you even watch basketball if you feel the refs control everything and are anti-Spurs? You should get into bowling, no cheating there.