PDA

View Full Version : Titans to move back to Houston

ShoogarBear
04-29-2006, 12:37 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn (AP) -- In a stunning annoucement today, the Tennesse Titans announced that they would be returning to their roots and relocating back to Houston, Texas.

The annoucement came on the heels of the Titans' selection in the NFL draft of Texas QB vince Young, two-time Rose Bowl MVP and a Houston native.

The Titans had previously played as the Houston Oilers from 1960-1996, but moved to Tennessee under a cloud of fan anger at various cost-cutting maneuvers of the team ownership. These included cutting holes in the roof of the Astrodome to save on air-conditioning and an "exit fee" from the stadium based on the number of points scored by the Oilers.

Houston would later be granted an NFL expansion team, the Texans, in 2002, but the franchise has been marked by poor play (only in the last year did the team win its first game against a non-coed team) and curious management decision, such as the recent selection of Mario Andretti with the number one pick in the NFL draft. Only later did the team recognize they had made a terrible mistake. "Dammit, we actually had Jenna Bush #1 on our board", said Texan GM Charley "Choo-Choo" Casserly in a apology.

The Titans have been moderately successful in Nashville, but pined for the days "when most of our fans had most of their teeth", according to head coach Jeff Fisher. Now they see Houston as ripe with opportunity. "I didn't think it was possible, but the Texans have actually made people in Houston wish they had me back", said Titans owner and flagrant cheapstake K.S. "Bud" Adams, Jr.

Texan owner Bob McNair was unavailable for comment.

"I think the fans will warm up to us again in no time", said Adams. "We've got a local star, a brand spanking new stadium, and an offensive line that's not a fall-down joke. Why the situation will be perfect once we work out the details on the new pay toilet locks."

Link (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=898771#post898771)

Horry For 3!
04-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Good one..... :lol

Horry For 3!
04-30-2006, 07:42 PM
hahah I know many people who hate Bud Adams

My grandpa hates him with a passion

ShoogarBear
04-30-2006, 07:45 PM
I despise Bud Adams.