PDA

View Full Version : well, so much for...

atxrocker
04-29-2006, 04:10 PM
a sweep

:lol :lol :lol

atxrocker
04-29-2006, 04:12 PM
anymore bold predictions, guys?

exstatic
04-29-2006, 04:15 PM
I stand by my original prediction: Spurs in 5.

In a few days, your cocky ass will nowhere to be found.

Fucking Kings looked like they won the title after the game. Any team that happy about winning one playoff game at home KNOWS they aren't winning anything.

atxrocker
04-29-2006, 04:19 PM
^haha, what a bitter spurs fan. we will win in Arco again. so your looking at a minimum of 6. hope your not a gambler!

RON ARTEST
04-29-2006, 04:23 PM
I stand by my original prediction: Spurs in 5.

In a few days, your cocky ass will nowhere to be found.

Fucking Kings looked like they won the title after the game. Any team that happy about winning one playoff game at home KNOWS they aren't winning anything.
who said thats why we were happy about one game? im real happy because most of you idiots thought this series would be easy comparing us to the fucking nuggets.

exstatic
Bitter? Nope. Just seen your kind pop in here, be cocky about a win, and vanish like a fart in the wind when your team is dismissed. That's right, dismissed.

NCaliSpurs
Mini-me forum.

exstatic
04-29-2006, 04:24 PM
who said thats why we were happy about one game? im real happy because most of you idiots thought this series would be easy comparing us to the fucking nuggets.

You're not as good as the 2005 Nugs. They took a game on our floor.

RON ARTEST
04-29-2006, 04:27 PM
if we had our fucking best player we would have won. but anyway we are way better then the 2005 nugz. are you kidding?
brad miller>marcus camby
SAR>kenyon martin
Artest=melo
Bonzi>whoever the shooting guard was :lol
bibby>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>andre miller. case closed

RON ARTEST
04-29-2006, 04:28 PM
yeah then they lost four straight idiot. :lol that wont happen to us.

Ginofan
04-29-2006, 04:30 PM
if we had our fucking best player we would have won. but anyway we are way better then the 2005 nugz. are you kidding?
brad miller>marcus camby
SAR>kenyon martin
Artest=melo

Brad Miller better than Camby??!?!? :lmao good one!

The 2005 Nuggets were definitely more of a challenge then the Kings. They were the hottest team coming into the playoffs and honestly the only team I was seriously worried about last year.

RON ARTEST
04-29-2006, 04:36 PM
camby is better on defense. thats it. brad has better passing and shooting. dont just go by this series. you obviously no nothing about basketball.

exstatic
04-29-2006, 04:38 PM
brad miller>marcus camby
SAR>kenyon martin
Artest=melo
If you had Artest, Martin's almost perfect game wouldn't have kept you in the game. Individual player comparison are for loser teams. The game is played 5 on 5, and Denver was a hell of a lot tougher than ___cto.

sa_butta
04-29-2006, 04:39 PM
The Kings have been blown out in game 1, simply beat in overtime and a 1 point victory on your home floor. I hardly think of that as being a challenging series as of yet. Had the Kings beat us convincingly last night there might be more to fear, but the Spurs had a horrible outing last night aside from Duncan and Finley and only lost by 1 point. This will not happen again.

exstatic
04-29-2006, 04:40 PM
dont just go by this series.
The playoffs are a better gauge of a player's worth. Brad Miller is weak. Camby is a man, even if oft injured.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Most people in here predicted Spurs in Five.

Don't troll my forum. Thanks.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 04:41 PM
The Kings have been blown out in game 1, simply beat in overtime and a 1 point victory on your home floor. I hardly think of that as being a challenging series as of yet. Had the Kings beat us convincingly last night there might be more to fear, but the Spurs had a horrible outing last night aside from Duncan and Finley and only lost by 1 point. This will not happen again.
Going to overtime on YOUR floor isn't challenging?

rayray2k8
04-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Mini-me forum.
somebody say "mini-bibby"? :lol

exstatic
04-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Going to overtime on YOUR floor isn't challenging?
No. Close only counts in hand grenades. 2-0 was the goal, 2-0 was the outcome.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 04:46 PM
No. Close only counts in hand grenades.............and horseshoes. Can't believe someone from Texas forgot that one.

atxrocker
04-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Most people in here predicted Spurs in Five.

Don't troll my forum. Thanks.

not true.

thanks.

exstatic
04-29-2006, 04:48 PM
The Spurs aren't challenged in a series until they lose one on their court. Thanks.

Ginofan
04-29-2006, 04:48 PM
camby is better on defense. thats it. brad has better passing and shooting. dont just go by this series. you obviously no nothing about basketball.

Actually I KNOW a few things about basketball. Defense consists of alot of things and Camby owns Miller in Blocks Boards and Steals this season. Brad's got the shooting, but as they say...defense wins championships.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2006, 04:50 PM
not true.

thanks.

True.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39007

Only 8 people said Spurs sweep. Get over yourself.

rayray2k8
04-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Dude... to be honest with you, some of the spurs fans in here
arent even taking the kings seriously.. Despite what happened in Game 3.
By the way the nuggets were a tougher challenge than your team.
Could be the same result.. spurs in 5
Kings fans are really making too much of a big deal off of one game.
But I guess you guys are allowed to win at least 1. :lol
If the spurs win on Sunday, more than likely the series is over on Tuesday.
The spurs are gonna realize that theres no point in going back to Sacramento.
Then its on towards the "real" WCF against Dallas.
Yes, Sacramento may win again.
But they're not the team thats gonna beat us in a 7 game series.
Im sorry to break it to ya. :rolleyes

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 04:52 PM
True.

Only 8 people said Spurs sweep. Get over yourself.Actually nine. Can't Be Faded also said it, he just didn't vote. There are many more, but whats the point of listing them, they know who they are.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2006, 04:55 PM
Actually nine. Can't Be Faded also said it, he just didn't vote. There are many more, but whats the point of listing them, they know who they are.

Again, you don't know what happens on our board.

The MAJORITY of people in the forum thought it would take five or six games. I gave that thread as an example. We've talked about this possible series for weeks. So just get over yourselves and stop trying to rule the roost on a Spurs forum. You all are welcome here. Ask the Pistons fans who stayed all season since last year's playoffs. But don't come in here trying to act like you guys know what goes on here or making sweeping stupid generalizations about Spurs fans.

exstatic
04-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Uh, he may have. You can hide your bet...

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Again, you don't know what happens on our board.

The MAJORITY of people in the forum thought it would take five or six games. I gave that thread as an example. We've talked about this possible series for weeks. So just get over yourselves and stop trying to rule the roost on a Spurs forum. You all are welcome here. Ask the Pistons fans who stayed all season since last year's playoffs. But don't come in here trying to act like you guys know what goes on here or making sweeping stupid generalizations about Spurs fans.
Did I make any generalizations about Spurs fans? Did I anywhere say the MAJORITY of the people called a sweep? I'm glad that most have welcomed me, and I respect your board. I was just letting you know that more than 8 people called a sweep. You made it sound as if the number 8 was fact.

kris
04-29-2006, 05:01 PM
So your point is that 9 people said the Spurs would sweep and they were wrong in their prediction?

rayray2k8
04-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Did I make any generalizations about Spurs fans? Did I anywhere say the MAJORITY of the people called a sweep? I'm glad that most have welcomed me, and I respect your board. I was just letting you know that more than 8 people called a sweep. You made it sound as if the number 8 was fact.

Yeah... you just said it yourself that it was only 9... :rolleyes
Feel better now? :lol

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 05:04 PM
So your point is that 9 people said the Spurs would sweep and they were wrong in their prediction?Yup.

atxrocker
04-29-2006, 05:05 PM
True.

Only 8 people said Spurs sweep. Get over yourself.

I have seen it in plenty of threads here. This thread is directed to those who were stupid enough to make statements like that. maybe not the majority, but plenty still.

kris
04-29-2006, 05:07 PM
I have seen it in plenty of threads here. This thread is directed to those who were stupid enough to make statements like that. maybe not the majority, but plenty still.

It's not like a sweep was far fetched before the series. It's a legitimate prediction - it's not like saying the Kings would sweep the Spurs or something like that.

kris
04-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Yup.

Pretty tight corner you've backed yourself into.

samikeyp
04-29-2006, 05:09 PM

mostly Sequ posting over and over . How many is "plenty"?

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Pretty tight corner you've backed yourself into.? And this makes sense how?

T Park
04-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Brad Miller better than Camby :lmao

Thats classic.

atxrocker
04-29-2006, 05:17 PM
It's not like a sweep was far fetched before the series. It's a legitimate prediction - it's not like saying the Kings would sweep the Spurs or something like that.

why would anyone be arrogant enough to completely dismiss a playoff team with a prediction like that though? it may not have been far fetched but to be cocky enough to state that you will not lose one single game is stupid.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Brad Miller better than Camby :lmao

Thats classic.I make so much money yet still can't afford a house. Thats classic.

Get off the computer and get to work. Time is a wastin'.

Ginofan
04-29-2006, 05:20 PM
I make so much money yet still can't afford a house. Thats classic.

hmmm basketball talk to personal insults...someone is losing a debate.

samikeyp
04-29-2006, 05:21 PM
To be fair ATX, just because you feel its arrogant doesn't make it so. Just like if I were to call you a homer because you are picking the Kings to win game 4. I don't agree with that but it doesn't mean you are a homer, its something you believe. It wouldn't be right of me to dismiss your prediction just because I disagree.

Hook Dem
04-29-2006, 05:22 PM
why would anyone be arrogant enough to completely dismiss a playoff team with a prediction like that though? it may not have been far fetched but to be cocky enough to state that you will not lose one single game is stupid.
Well........if stupid bothers you that much, I suggest you run along and play in Sac! :lol

rayray2k8
04-29-2006, 05:23 PM

Lets try to keep this strictly NBA talk, alright man?
We'll hear you out man... But not when insulting other posters. This is not middle school.
Be cool :smokin

T Park
04-29-2006, 05:23 PM

Get off the computer and get to work. Time is a wastin'

another arguement won.

Now back to the topic please.

I never thought they would sweep, the Kings are too damn good, and pose too many matchup problems.

Saying that, the Spurs I hope, will come out with better fire on sunday.

atxrocker
04-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Well........if stupid bothers you that much, I suggest you run along and play in Sac! :lol

:drunk

samikeyp
04-29-2006, 05:24 PM

You just joined the ranks of troll. You must be so proud.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Kings fan,

Speaking from personal experience.........dont get ur hopes up, you won 1 game at home

Wait till you win one in San Antonio before you even start thinking about getting your hopes up and then even they will be crushed when the Spurs will just clamp down and dominate

trust me, i know

rayray2k8
04-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Kings fan,

Speaking from personal experience.........dont get ur hopes up, you won 1 game at home

Wait till you win one in San Antonio before you even start thinking about getting your hopes up and then even they will be crushed when the Spurs will just clamp down and dominate

trust me, i know

:worthy: :D :lmao

rayray2k8
04-29-2006, 05:40 PM
You earned my respect Nuggets-fan.. Your always welcomed here bro.

T Park
04-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Nuggetz fan is a good one.

He roots for his team, feels they will win, but is realistic.

The way it oughtta be :)

rayray2k8
04-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Because of this, I'll root for Denver tonight..
GO NUGGETS!!!! :elephant :clap :corn: :cheer :lol

Phonzie20
04-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Nuggetz fan is a good one.

He roots for his team, feels they will win, but is realistic.

The way it oughtta be :)

Gabriela likes you...

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-29-2006, 05:49 PM
:smokin

no point avoiding the inevitable

now the Spurs better step up in game 4 and 5 coz i dont wanna eat crow :lol

Phonzie20
04-29-2006, 05:49 PM

thanks mang... I was always a manu fan.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-29-2006, 05:52 PM

haha thanks...........NUggs need all the support they can get

toughest and most physical series i have seen the Nuggs play yet and the good thing is that they are still in it even without their running game and avergaing about 37% shooting in the first 3 games

outrebounding the best rebounding team in the NBA and forcing to's (25 last game for the clips)......thats how they are doing it.......

clips are throwing 2 or 3 guys at melo and the Nuggets just crash the boards

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Lets try to keep this strictly NBA talk, alright man?
We'll hear you out man... But not when insulting other posters. This is not middle school.
Be cool :smokin
You do not know what lies between T Park and myself. Best to stay out of it. I didn't insult you, so no need to butt your head in and try and defend this liar.

I'll keep it basketball with you though.

Ginofan
04-29-2006, 05:54 PM
You do not know what lies between T Park and myself. Best to stay out of it. I didn't insult you, so no need to butt your head in and try and defend this liar.

I'll keep it basketball with you though.

And there's no need to flood this thread with your personal beef. Take it elsewhere if you want to insult and argue with T Park.

Despot
04-29-2006, 05:57 PM
This reminds me of the WCF last year, you know how we won three straight....... then as soon as we lose the fourth game, the Suns fans and players thought they had our number and started bragging and talking smack, how did that turn out?

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 06:06 PM
And there's no need to flood this thread with your personal beef. Take it elsewhere if you want to insult and argue with T Park.It was one post, that is hardly flooding the thread with my personal beef.

T Park
04-29-2006, 06:10 PM
I have no beef with said person.

He seems to enjoy following me around and insulting me.

Whatever.

I would root for Denver, but, its hard not to root for the Clippers, I mean, its the freakin Clippers!!!!

Whens the last time they won a playoff series?!?!

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 06:15 PM
I have no beef with said person.

He seems to enjoy following me around and insulting me.

Whatever.
Then lets end it right here. Quite frankly, I'm tired with harrassing you, and it sounds like some others are as well. Just admit that you lied out of your ass and I called you out on it with evidence of said lie. If you do this, I won't harrass you any longer. You have my word. If you don't admit it though, I'll be all over you like flies on shit.

T Park
04-29-2006, 06:17 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about.....

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 06:19 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about.....
The moment I owned you starts at post #49

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39424&page=2&pp=26

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Just fess up and I'll let it die.

Ginofan
04-29-2006, 06:22 PM
It was one post, that is hardly flooding the thread with my personal beef.

I've seen it several times through out the forum. So my bad, not the thread but the whole damn forum. It's tiresome and some of us actually come here for BASKETBALL talk, so I'm asking you again nicely please take it somewhere else.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 06:24 PM
I've seen it several times through out the forum. So my bad, not the thread but the whole damn forum. It's tiresome and some of us actually come here for BASKETBALL talk, so I'm asking you again nicely please take it somewhere else.
Out of repect for the other posters here, I want this thing to stop as well. But, I still need T Park to fess up.

T Park
Look dude,

im not gonna get into some 3rd grad pissing contest with you.

Stay on topic, or stay out period.

Kori Ellis
Just fess up and I'll let it die.

Not to explain TPark's whole life to you, but he's a partner in a very lucrative business with his family. The first post you quoted was about how he would make money if he were to quit the business and just go back to school and try to pursue his dreams in broadcasting. I don't know why you think you owned him so much on it. *shrug*

Anyway, go post in The Club or Troll Forum about this. It doesn't have anything to do with basketball.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Not to explain TPark's whole life to you, but he's a partner in a very lucrative business with his family. The first post you quoted was about how he would make money if he were to quit the business and just go back to school and try to pursue his dreams in broadcasting. I don't know why you think you owned him so much on it. *shrug*

Anyway, go post in The Club or Troll Forum about this. It doesn't have anything to do with basketball.He told me he made soooo much money, then he says he is thinking of taking up online poker to help buy a house. :lol He also gives away tickets to those that suck up to him enough, and denies them to those that are mean to him. :lol

But, I will take your advice and keep it about basketball here.

T Park
04-29-2006, 06:37 PM
He also gives away tickets to those that suck up to him enough, and denies them to those that are mean to him

I do no such thing.

I gave them to people who had never been to a game before.

You gave attention to what I said to Scott, then you have no clue.

Me and him are cool, we just give each other shit.

Keep it to basketball instead of talking out of your ass.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Thought we were going to keep it about basketball?