PDA

View Full Version : IF NBA has any credibility they must suspend Rip Hamilton

nkdlunch
04-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Elbowed Redd in the face and was called for flagrant foul. We'll see whan NBA does. And while we're at it, they should also suspend Kwame for taking Diaw to the ground. They fucked up when they suspended Artest and the 2 Heat players they are making a joke of these playoffs

exstatic
04-29-2006, 09:29 PM
He's suspended. If he threw an elbow to the face, they have to.

Horry For 3!
04-29-2006, 09:30 PM
It will be addressed.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2006, 09:31 PM
I didn't see the Rip foul. But I believe the Kwame situation is under review.

Dunc
04-29-2006, 09:32 PM
I don't know if intent is taken into consideration, but it looked entirely like he was just trying to make a swim move to get over top of Redd.

Pistons < Spurs
04-29-2006, 09:32 PM
that was an accidental elbow. Rip was jostling for position trying to get in front of Redd.

No way in the world that will deserve a suspension.

exstatic
04-29-2006, 09:34 PM
If it was an elbow or forearm above the shoulders....

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Such a homer, Pistoncs < Spurs.

If the league is going to suspend Haslem for throwing a mouthpiece, they've got to suspend a guy for throwing a 'bow.

Dunc
04-29-2006, 09:37 PM
It only looked bad cuz Redd flopped from the baseline to out past the free throw line. Shit like that happens 50 times a game in the post, but usually it doesn't end in a flop like that.

nkdlunch
04-29-2006, 09:38 PM
that was an accidental elbow. Rip was jostling for position trying to get in front of Redd.

Artest got suspended for less. Rips elbow was a harder hit and it looked as intentional as Artest's

ducks
04-29-2006, 09:38 PM
if it was to the face it he will be suspened
read the rule

Obstructed_View
04-29-2006, 09:40 PM
I didn't see the Rip play, but I certainly didn't see Kwame connect; he threw the guy to the ground. I think Artest's elbow was absolutely intentional, and I didn't think he should have been suspended. No way Kwame gets suspended.

Pistons < Spurs
Such a homer, Pistoncs < Spurs.

If the league is going to suspend Haslem for throwing a mouthpiece, they've got to suspend a guy for throwing a 'bow.

Homer? yep you caught me :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
if it was to the face it he will be suspened
read the rule

*sigh*

We went over this with the Artest situation. The rule doesn't state anywhere that a player must be suspended for an elbow above the shoulders.

It says that a player should be EJECTED for an elbow above the shoulders. And that they can look at the play later and decide the punishment (fine/suspension/whatever).

missmyzte
04-29-2006, 09:42 PM
^^^ I knew that was coming.

Is it just me or have we had more suspensions in these playoffs than any year before? And it's only the first round!

ducks
04-29-2006, 09:42 PM
ok but I bet it will be a suspension but it could help pistons in the long run
it will make pistons rest rip and get him healthy

Kori Ellis
04-29-2006, 09:43 PM
^^^ I knew that was coming.

Is it just me or have we had more suspensions in these playoffs than any year before? And it's only the first round!

Well they did send out a league wide memo before the playoffs started saying they weren't going to tolerate this kind of rough play. So the players/teams were warned.

nkdlunch
04-29-2006, 09:43 PM
I didn't see the Rip play, but I certainly didn't see Kwame connect; he threw the guy to the ground. I think Artest's elbow was absolutely intentional, and I didn't think he should have been suspended. No way Kwame gets suspended.

You do know that Posey got suspended for bumping a player right? So throwing a guy to the ground must be a suspension. I don't agree with any of the suspensions but just stating that the NBA fucked up when they tried to send "messages" about rough play by suspending Artest and Posey. dumbasses

Marklar MM
04-29-2006, 09:46 PM
You do know that Posey got suspended for bumping a player right? So throwing a guy to the ground must be a suspension. I don't agree with any of the suspensions but just stating that the NBA fucked up when they tried to send "messages" about rough play by suspending Artest and Posey. dumbasses

Bumping a player...he threw him a shoulder at 75% speed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Posey got suspended for measuring up Hinrich for 60 feet before plowing into him with a lowered shoulder. That was a no brainer.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2006, 09:59 PM
What Posey did was blindside a smaller guy at full speed. If you think that is anything similar to what Kwame Brown did, we are going to have to agree to disagree. Kwame Brown is a big motherfucker, and if he had been doing anything other than wanting to get Diaw away from him, it would have been ugly.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2006, 10:05 PM
I guess if they decide to categorize what Kwame did as "fighting" then they'll suspend him. As far as Rip goes, I guess I will have to go look at it to know what I think :lol

timvp
04-29-2006, 10:16 PM
Diaw flopped.

rayray2k8
04-29-2006, 10:34 PM
It only looked bad cuz Redd flopped from the baseline to out past the free throw line. Shit like that happens 50 times a game in the post, but usually it doesn't end in a flop like that.

Dude manu flopped and it got Artest suspended. :lol

FreshPrince22
04-29-2006, 10:46 PM
He was fighting for position to front him in the post. Trying use his elbow for leverage. It wasn't intentional. Right afterward Rip even went to see if he was ok, and Redd didn't even think twice about it.

If they suspend him oh well. He could use the rest. He's not helping us much right now with that bad ankle anyways.

FreshPrince22
04-29-2006, 10:50 PM

Rip is not Artest.

Dunc
04-29-2006, 10:54 PM

I still think the Artest thing was based on his reputation. Rip doesn't have Artest's reputation.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2006, 10:58 PM
He didn't fall to the ground or flail his arms, so I'm not sure how it's a flop unless you are saying Manu didn't actually get hit.

greyforest
04-29-2006, 11:14 PM
*sigh*

We went over this with the Artest situation. The rule doesn't state anywhere that a player must be suspended for an elbow above the shoulders.

It says that a player should be EJECTED for an elbow above the shoulders. And that they can look at the play later and decide the punishment (fine/suspension/whatever).

why wasnt gino ejected from game2 at the very start then?

Obstructed_View
04-29-2006, 11:20 PM
why wasnt gino ejected from game2 at the very start then?
It was obviously ruled inadvertent. He was called for the foul three seconds later. I'm sure Stu Jackson looked at it.

JamStone
04-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Didn't appear Rip elbowed Redd intentionally. But, if he gets suspended for it, I would understand based on the other suspensions in the first few games. Really seems like the NBA is trying to really punish players for excessively physical play. I don't agree with it, but I understand.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2006, 11:57 PM
If the NBA doesn't suspend him you'll see the conspiracy theorists out in full force, and the press will skewer the league for being hypocrites.

Trainwreck2100
04-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Kwame Brown=Suspended
Rip=Suspended

book it, btw thanks for making the playoffs Ron

DannyT
04-30-2006, 12:45 AM

truely beautiful .....atleast i now know that its not only spurs fans who will declare their team not guilty even if the glove fits....

Vinnie_Johnson
04-30-2006, 12:50 AM
truely beautiful .....atleast i now know that its not only spurs fans who will declare their team not guilty even if the glove fits....

Did you even see it? It was a big flop.

cs100
04-30-2006, 01:15 AM
Both Kwame and Rip committed those fouls in the course of playing the game. Kwame may end up with a flagrant and a fine, but I doubt he gets suspended since both players got tangled up going for a rebound.

Rip also committed the foul in the course of the game. I don't think he will get suspended either.

Artest committed a "non-basketball" foul in that his actions were not directly related to the game itself, but outside the scope of the game, which is why he was suspended. Same for Posey and Haslem.

Winnipeg_Spur
04-30-2006, 01:40 AM
I only saw it once, didn't see the replays or anything, but from what I saw it didn't really look intentional. I don't think the NBA should suspend him, the only reason they would is if they're afraid of not looking consistent. That Artest suspension has thrown everything out of wack in that regard.

JsnSA
04-30-2006, 02:21 AM
I don't know..to me Artest's look intentional (though I don't think he REALLY meant to hurt manu, I do think he meant to send a message). Brown's and Posey's looked intentional too.

Rips just did NOT look intentional to me. It was closer to the hit Manu gave Artest.

I believe its the question of intent that the league is looking at...and I have a feeling they will see it the same way with this one.

Brown will get a suspension, Posey already has I believe. But Rip won't because it was not intentional...or at least thats how the league will see it IMO.

RON ARTEST
04-30-2006, 03:49 AM
Both Kwame and Rip committed those fouls in the course of playing the game. Kwame may end up with a flagrant and a fine, but I doubt he gets suspended since both players got tangled up going for a rebound.

Rip also committed the foul in the course of the game. I don't think he will get suspended either.

Artest committed a "non-basketball" foul in that his actions were not directly related to the game itself, but outside the scope of the game, which is why he was suspended. Same for Posey and Haslem.
no kwame is getting suspended. there is no question about it. after he elbowed diaw he stood over his body and stared at him. which proves it was intentional. if he doesnt get suspended then something is wrong.

RON ARTEST
04-30-2006, 03:50 AM
Rip is not Artest.
yup hes to skinny to be Artest. :lol

SlovenianGuy
04-30-2006, 04:33 AM
Kwame = suspended

The contact was intentional.

jochhejaam
04-30-2006, 07:06 AM

I didn't see the play. Quotes by Flp and Rip in a Det. News article this morning by McCoskey;

In the fourth, Hamilton appeared to hit Redd with an elbow. Redd went down, theatrically, and drew the flagrant call from referee Danny Crawford .

"I got hit the same way early in the game and it was no call," Hamilton said.

A flagrant 1 call does not bring any kind of suspension or fine, but the league could upgrade it to flagrant 2 today.

"I don't think it was," coach Flip Saunders said. "It looked to me like they got tangled up as far as with their feet, more than anything else."

jochhejaam
04-30-2006, 07:15 AM
I still think the Artest thing was based on his reputation. Rip doesn't have Artest's reputation.
Definitely. Stu Jackson came right out and said that recidivism was a factor in his suspension.

Marklar MM
04-30-2006, 09:07 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VKAj0HQnsuA&search=kwame%20brown

That is Brown's flagrant foul.

jochhejaam
04-30-2006, 09:13 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VKAj0HQnsuA&search=kwame%20brown

That is Brown's flagrant foul.
Looked like an elbow push as opposed to a sharp elbow (splitting hairs?). Should earn him a game off. Dumb move by Kwame.

picnroll
04-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Hard to see that Kwame shot but it looked to me like it was above the shoulders. Deliberate for sure. By the terms of the rules if that was above the shoulders Kwame should get a day off.

doldrums
04-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Posey's was by far the worst and would have gotten him suspended in previous years, as well.

boutons_
04-30-2006, 09:52 AM
"was above the shoulders"

no, Kwame's arm was under the other guy's armpit when throwing him down.

Then, we have Chris Kaman last night, after dead ball, shoving hard with both hands right in the middle of Reggie Evans' back to send him flying off the court.

I'm imagining a highlight compilation, with plenty of slo mo, of all the fights, shoves, elbows, jawing, etc. of these playoffs :lol

picnroll
04-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Reggie is an annoying fuck. There ought to be an exception to the rule on beating on him. :lol

td4mvp21
04-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Hamilton's was an accident. I saw the replay, trust me, it was not intentional. The refs did the right thing to call it flagrant. By the way, Hamilton went up to Redd after the play and gave him a pat on the butt. I don't think he would have done that if he did it on purpose.

Hook Dem
04-30-2006, 10:28 AM

Then, we have Chris Kaman last night, after dead ball, shoving hard with both hands right in the middle of Reggie Evans' back to send him flying off the court.

I'm imagining a highlight compilation, with plenty of slo mo, of all the fights, shoves, elbows, jawing, etc. of these playoffs :lol
Evans was trying to give Kamam the "silver bullet" ! That will be taken into account! It would piss anyone off and it was intentional. :lol

Marklar MM
04-30-2006, 10:42 AM
^ya. The announcers were commenting on that. Gotta save the family jewels, etc. But damn, Kaman must have thought he was trying to hit on him, so he shoved him away.

GrandeDavid
04-30-2006, 10:42 AM
nkd, you've improved vastly at f-bombing! Keep up the progress!

I agree that Hamilton's flagrant warrants a suspension, No need for double standards.

Marklar MM
04-30-2006, 10:56 AM

I agree that Hamilton's flagrant warrants a suspension, No need for double standards.

They might as well suspend Manu also.

FloppinIsGreat
04-30-2006, 11:54 AM
:lol I predict Manu will get approximately 26 players suspended this post-season due to flop. And it's great. The NBA knows that all the fans want to see is a Beno Udrih and Lindsey Hunter BIG showdown in the finals. TP, Gino, Billups, Rip - They will all be suspended due to flopping :lol

ABDENOUR POWER
04-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Rip must be suspended? WTF did you people watch? It was clearly unintentional, the announcers even said so.

Philo Beddoe
04-30-2006, 02:00 PM
I tell you boys somethin. Someone throws an elbow and me and Clyde will make a right turn on their ass.

SlasherX
04-30-2006, 05:07 PM
dude that foul didn't even deserve flagorant you talk about suspension?
you can tell from top view.

http://atifonline.net/pistons/images\rip.gif

Tanya
04-30-2006, 06:57 PM
There will be no suspension for Rip. If they do. Then they must think us audience are blind. I think most of us saw that play and know that was not intentional.
Don't take it personal. Rip shouldn't be suspended for that.

bdubya
04-30-2006, 07:05 PM
"No posting NBA video" reminder in 3....2.....1.....

(and that definitely doesnt rate a suspension. Flagrant 1, sure, but no more)

mike detroit
04-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Rip is not Artest.

exactly. this thread is great for showing me which people here know nothing about basketball.

mike detroit
04-30-2006, 09:24 PM

exhibit A

mike detroit
04-30-2006, 09:27 PM

Artest committed a "non-basketball" foul in that his actions were not directly related to the game itself, but outside the scope of the game, which is why he was suspended. Same for Posey and Haslem.s

hey wow, someone actually gets it. i was started to worry I was on indystar.com for a while there.

Taco
05-01-2006, 11:21 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=904294#post904294

ducks
05-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Detroit’s Richard Hamilton Fined and Foul Upgraded
NEW YORK, May 1, 2006 -- Richard Hamilton of the Detroit Pistons has been fined $15,000 and assessed a Flagrant Foul Penalty Two for unnecessary and excessive contact with Milwaukee Bucks guard Michael Redd, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 5:48 remaining in the fourth period of the Piston’s 124-104 loss to the Bucks at the Bradley Center, and resulted in a Flagrant Foul Penalty One being assessed to Hamilton, which has now been upgraded to a Flagrant Foul Penalty Two.

ducks
05-01-2006, 05:13 PM
http://www.nba.com/news/hamilton_fined_ff2_060501.html

Pistons < Spurs
05-01-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm a little suprised that it was upgraded to a Flagrant 2....but I was damn sure there wouldn't be no suspension.

x0xbillupsx0x
05-01-2006, 07:36 PM
yup hes to skinny to be Artest. :lol
skinny as in not having as thick of a record ?

LakerHater0823
05-01-2006, 10:00 PM
didn't look intentional but what about that dude that grabed Kamanns (Clippers) nuts and then pulled. OUCH!! How long should that dude be suspended for?