PDA

View Full Version : Keys - game 4

polandprzem
04-30-2006, 03:26 AM
Last time I predicted what will Sacto do and what spurs had to do. The spurs lost.
Any new keys for the Sunday game?

Ps. I'll bring mine later (hopefully)

zeleni
04-30-2006, 03:40 AM
1.Rasho has got to start the game
Slovenian C has never played more consistent game. Nazr on the other hand needs to repair his rebounding game and has about a week to do it.

2.Tim Duncan needs to be fed
Give him the ball, we need to outrebound them!

3.Manu will have to cooperate with Tony. We need the starting 5 to win it alone. 3pt bench will not be that important, Spurs need to outhustle Kings, especialy Bonzi and Artest.

4. Bowen on Artest the whole game.

J.T.
04-30-2006, 04:00 AM
1. Control the boards - Wells (and Artest) is getting way too many O-Rebs
2. Take Bonzi Wells Out of the Game - 2 games in a row he has gone off like a firecracker, play Horry on him and force him into jumpers
3. Run offense thru Duncan - TD had 29 and 12 in game 3
4. Be more consistent from the 3pt line - 30% on 3pt FGs in game 3 compared to 65% in game 1 and 46% in game 2

ALVAREZ6
04-30-2006, 06:56 AM
1. Rebound the ball
2. Play interior defense
3. Don't depend on the 3-point shot, run a consistent offense

Sspursin06
04-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Get Bruce Involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrandeDavid
04-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Bring some serious attitude. Bruce and Manu need to really bring toughness and energy tonight.

polandprzem
04-30-2006, 09:55 AM
The same what was told all season long -rebounding! Somehow the spurs can't built the consistance in that aspect of the game. What I want to see more from the spurs is:

1. Get the backcourt involved in crashing the boards, even when it can't create opputurnities to fast breaks cause
2. The spurs must hold the tempo. Do not push the ball unless it is necessary that and take care of the ball. Be smart :)
3. Ofcourse like I said - the player movenment when it's 4-down
4. Interesing thing I would like to see is the zone D with a lineup of Parker, Gino, Bob, Tim, Rasho (or Manu, Bowen, Bobby, Timmy, Radoslav), and that can cause some trouble for Kings to get into the lane and rebounding the ball. Let them shoot :) (Like Jordan said to Longley in a finals vs malone) :)
5. I kurde zapierdzielac po tym parkiecie szybciej niz Kings i bedzie dobrze

spurschick
04-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Free Oberto!!!

j/k :lol

GrandeDavid
04-30-2006, 10:40 AM
The same what was told all season long -rebounding! Somehow the spurs can't built the consistance in that aspect of the game. What I want to see more from the spurs is:

1. Get the backcourt involved in crashing the boards, even when it can't create opputurnities to fast breaks cause
2. The spurs must hold the tempo. Do not push the ball unless it is necessary that and take care of the ball. Be smart :)
3. Ofcourse like I said - the player movenment when it's 4-down
4. Interesing thing I would like to see is the zone D with a lineup of Parker, Gino, Bob, Tim, Rasho (or Manu, Bowen, Bobby, Timmy, Radoslav), and that can cause some trouble for Kings to get into the lane and rebounding the ball. Let them shoot :) (Like Jordan said to Longley in a finals vs malone) :)
5. I kurde zapierdzielac po tym parkiecie szybciej niz Kings i bedzie dobrze

6. Nai adianta que estejam buscetinhas timidas, precisam de chegar bem animadas!!

SsKSpurs21
04-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Iam sorry, i created a new thread about this same topic. i guess i didnt see it on the first page. anyways, this is what i posted in the other thread...

My game plan for game 4

Our guards needs to control the long rebounds. too many second chance baskets for sacto. this kings small ball lineup is killing us. Duncan needs some interior presence when the kings go with artest and wells both on the floor. We need to keep both of those guys out of the paint. artest is not much of a jump shooter, we need to force him to take jump shots. last but not least, we need to control the tempo. we need to bring this game back to Spurs basketball. sure we can run and gun but why play their game when we can flourish in ours.

if we can control the boards, keep artest and wells out of the paint and control the tempo we should be fine tonight.

T Park
04-30-2006, 03:05 PM
I agree ssk

Ginobili, Parker, Bowen, Finley, barry all need to converge on the long, and hell short rebounds.

There needs to be a "crash the boards" mentality with our guards.

When they get it, like they did in game 1, the team is unbeatable.

CAGE
04-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Glue Beno to the bench

T Park
04-30-2006, 03:10 PM
:lol

yeah, sit our second best player.

GREAT IDEA!! CORSO!

T Park
04-30-2006, 03:24 PM
This game I would do like I said in the game blog for game 3.

Run a triple towers lineup.

Rasho Duncan Horry with Ginobili and Parker or Barry.

This improves the size in the game to defend, and hopefully keeps em off the boards.

Also, SPurs might want to try running a zone a little more, forcing Artest and others to shoot outside more, when made to do that, they have struggled.

Do it POP! :tu

FromWayDowntown
04-30-2006, 06:35 PM
1. Box out and rebound
2. Box out and rebound
3. Box out and rebound

Walton Buys Off Me
04-30-2006, 06:37 PM
1. Parker and Ginobili need to bounce back from sub par games
2. Keep Sacto off the glass- namely Wells and Artest
3. Perimeter shooting (The Kings will be doubling Tim)
4. Remember Seattle (game four last year was a disaster)
5. MANU GINOBILI....................

NASpurs
04-30-2006, 06:48 PM
If we score more points than the Kings, we'll win this game!

FloppinIsGreat
04-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Iam sorry, i created a new thread about this same topic. i guess i didnt see it on the first page. anyways, this is what i posted in the other thread...

My game plan for game 4

Our guards needs to control the long rebounds. too many second chance baskets for sacto. this kings small ball lineup is killing us. Duncan needs some interior presence when the kings go with artest and wells both on the floor. We need to keep both of those guys out of the paint. artest is not much of a jump shooter, we need to force him to take jump shots. last but not least, we need to control the tempo. we need to bring this game back to Spurs basketball. sure we can run and gun but why play their game when we can flourish in ours.

if we can control the boards, keep artest and wells out of the paint and control the tempo we should be fine tonight.

Sac. is no longer a run and gun team. They want to slow it down and mash now, and we have to be better than they are at it. Run if the opportunity is there, but the most important thing is for EVERYONE on the court to play within themselves. This means no more running hooks from TP, off balance fade aways, and sloppy passing. TP is going to be left open on the P&R, he has to knock a few down to make SAC play him over the screen. Also, utilize back picks to free Manu and TP for driving lanes, especially since SAC will play under the screens. Defensively - if need be, double hard on Wells and Artest and make other players beat you. Need to be extra quick on defensive rotations.

exstatic
04-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Put

exstatic
them

exstatic
away

FloppinIsGreat
04-30-2006, 06:55 PM
how?