PDA

View Full Version : Game Plan for Game 4

SsKSpurs21
04-30-2006, 02:54 PM
hello everyone, ive been lurking around for some time now, just thought id stop and say hi.

My game plan for game 4

Our guards needs to control the long rebounds. too many second chance baskets for sacto. this kings small ball lineup is killing us. Duncan needs some interior presence when the kings go with artest and wells both on the floor. We need to keep both of those guys out of the paint. artest is not much of a jump shooter, we need to force him to take jump shots. last but not least, we need to control the tempo. we need to bring this game back to Spurs basketball. sure we can run and gun but why play their game when we can flourish in ours.

if we can control the boards, keep artest and wells out of the paint and control the tempo we should be fine tonight.

Go Spurs Go! :flag:

thispego
04-30-2006, 02:56 PM
seriously, artests thumb is jacked up? keep him out of the paint

Kori Ellis
04-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the forum, good game plan.

Who would you put on Artest? He's about 70 pounds heavier than Bowen. So I'm not sure that Bowen can keep him out of the paint. Bowen really hasn't had much chance to work on him yet this series though. Pop has moved Bowen's assignment (Artest/Wells/Bibby) quite often throughout games. If he really wants Bowen to try to limit Artest, he has to give him some extended periods of time on him.

Otherwise Pop should put a bigger man on Artest and try to let Bowen play Bonzi for extended minutes.

SsKSpurs21
04-30-2006, 03:08 PM
like thispego said, artest has an injured thumb...i want to see horry on him...BUT give him space. If horry plays him straight up artest will burn him. let artest get the ball outside and just give him space. Horry is long enough to jump out and contest artests shot if he plans on take it and is big enough to keep artest out of the paint of artest plans to back him down.

SANANTOJAMES
04-30-2006, 03:09 PM
attack the rim, defense needs to be perfect, and score as many baskets as possible