PDA

View Full Version : Kobe would be MVP if....

zocool16
04-30-2006, 07:11 PM
... he played the whole season the way he's played in this series. It seems to me that he's finally understood the concept of being the main focus of an opposing defense. He's making the right plays instead of taking the whole scoring on his own. Unfortunately he's learned to play MVP-like basketball just a tiny bit too late into this season. I think that's why he won't win it. But make no mistake about it, Kobe is FINALLY playing like the MVP.

...too bad for him that the MVP award is a REGULAR SEASON award. I will not say Nash deserves it, My vote would have gone to Nowitzki, but Kobe was not playing like the MVP the whole season.

Next year though, these Lakers might be scary if Kobe sticks to this.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-30-2006, 07:16 PM
u think KG will be enticed to go to LA now? lol

mike detroit
04-30-2006, 09:09 PM
u think KG will be enticed to go to LA now? lol

no player with any real talent would ever want to play for the lakers. the past couple seasons have scared talented players away.

missmyzte
04-30-2006, 09:12 PM
If he'd played all season the way he's playing right now, the Lakers wouldn't be in the playoffs.

You forget that this Laker team had never run the triangle before, Kobe, Devean, Luke and Cookie are the only holdovers from 2 years ago (2 of those having been rookies with limited minutes at the time). They guys needed the whole season to learn the triangle and learn where they needed to be, how was Kobe supposed to make a pass to a guy that's out of position? Guys are hitting their spots now, making the right cuts and so he's finding them.

mike detroit
04-30-2006, 09:14 PM
hahaha running the triangle... what is this, 2001?

2Cleva
05-01-2006, 10:55 AM
LA wasn't ready to play that kind of ball most of the year. They didn't know the offense well enough. They do now.

ftech
05-01-2006, 11:00 AM
hey you know my opinion that the lakers r up 3-1 is becuz the suns r not playing really good "d". if they were playing sa, or say memphis they would be struggling

just look at the nba champs they r now struugling cuz of manu that could be the series

Despot
05-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Well, I have a feeling he is making the best of the playoff game plan ever since the "news" the Nash would win MVP came out. Yes I realize that he played "team" BB in the first game, but he also did not perform as well as he has the last 3 games.

mavsfan1000
05-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Lebron and Dirk>Kobe. Kobe has the better coach that makes him play at his best but I think Lebron and Dirk are overall better players.

lakersfan
05-01-2006, 02:21 PM
yeah kobe he is a good player so all those other little players watch out cause the king its comin back and everybody knows whos that "kobe".

DarkReign
05-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Kobe is the man. He is better than every other player in the league for one reason....doesnt he have 4 rings? Isnt he about to upset the number 2 seed (3 seed if you feel like I do that the Mavs are #2)?

LeBron is beating a horrible Wizards team and barely doing it at that.

Dirk's Mavs are smoking the lower seed as they should.

Until Dirk does it in the playoffs against an equal, he isnt even in Kobe's league.

LeBron is, but hes freaking 21 years old! He will get to the mountain top Im sure.

Kobe has impressed me. Greatly.

Steve T
05-01-2006, 06:35 PM
I doubt he would be MVP averaging 23 pts, 6 reb, and 6 asts.