PDA

View Full Version : The 2004 collapse all over again???

duncan2k5
04-30-2006, 11:34 PM
to a friggin 8TH SEED!?!?!?!?!?! the kings, just like the lakers did, found a game plan that worked, that we couldn't work ourselves out of. i see that happening before my very eyes and i dont like it. bonzi wells had 14 rebounds last game, you would think someone on the fucking team would show soem heart and hustle and box the mutherfuker out. manu isnt being shut down by artest...manu isnt even taking a frigging shot. i never thought he would be the one im calling out in the playoffs, but after the turnover that cost us game 3, now the kings have new life and manu isnt doing shyt. out=r bigs arent doing shyt, bowen is dissappointing...the kings are a team we are supposed to sweep, now it seems they figured us out. if we lose this series, that would be embarassing. i dont even wanna watch them play anymore. they arent even trying to win now. and i hate teams that dont try

Extra Stout
04-30-2006, 11:38 PM
This has more of a Seattle 2005 feel.

rayray2k8
04-30-2006, 11:39 PM
I agree.

Trainwreck2100
04-30-2006, 11:40 PM

yep

Samr
04-30-2006, 11:42 PM
When I walk outside, and look up, I still see the sky.

It's overcast right now, so I know it may look a bit silver and black, but believe me, it is not going to rain.

duncan2k5
04-30-2006, 11:43 PM
i agree too...i think my problem was that my sweep expectations were too high. i guess 6 games isnt that bas (especially since we have a thing for winning series in 6 games

Leetonidas
04-30-2006, 11:43 PM
These Kings are no where near as good as the '04 Lakers.

This is more of a Seattle feeling.

zocool16
04-30-2006, 11:44 PM
The Kings Are The 8th Seed, They're Nothing. The Spurs Are The World Champions

myhc

duncan2k5
hey trainwreck...i like your AV...you should do that for every team we face in our run

yourtehclay
04-30-2006, 11:45 PM
The San Anotonio spurs guide to basketball

This is a simple guide to playing like shit in a series that you should win easily. A simple step by step guide.

1) After a big game one win, become satisfied and take the next few games off.
2) Never venture into the paint. High percentage shots are a big no-no. If you want to lose keep chucking up threes.
3) Don't play a lick of defense, stand around looking confused as possible. Remember your new motto is 'D is someone else's responsibility'. If the entire team takes this mentality an ass spanking with surely follow.
4) Make sure your point guard never passes the ball. That way no one else can even think about making shots.
5) Convince your point guard that he has a jumpshot, even though everyone knows that he couldn't hit the backside of a barn from three feet away.
6) When your team is up by 1 point with 4 second remaining, TURN THE BALL OVER!!!!! Don't do anything that could make you win the game. He is a list of things that could result in a win for your team:
*throw the ball into the air
*shove into your pants
*hold onto it
*dribble out the clock
*shoot at the wrong rim
Ginobili sucks the dong.

7) Pretend that rebounds are radioactive, never ever touch them.
8) Above all never play with any pride, remember you are earning millions from some sucker texan. It's his problem.

If you follow these guidelines you will give birth to some scrub team's child.

sorry needed to vent

Winnipeg_Spur
04-30-2006, 11:48 PM
That's true, but the difference is the Kings actually have some talent.

Leetonidas
04-30-2006, 11:48 PM
The San Anotonio spurs guide to basketball

This is a simple guide to playing like shit in a series that you should win easily. A simple step by step guide.

1) After a big game one win, become satisfied and take the next few games off.
2) Never venture into the paint. High percentage shots are a big no-no. If you want to lose keep chucking up threes.
3) Don't play a lick of defense, stand around looking confused as possible. Remember your new motto is 'D is someone else's responsibility'. If the entire team takes this mentality an ass spanking with surely follow.
4) Make sure your point guard never passes the ball. That way no one else can even think about making shots.
5) Convince your point guard that he has a jumpshot, even though everyone knows that he couldn't hit the backside of a barn from three feet away.
6) When your team is up by 1 point with 4 second remaining, TURN THE BALL OVER!!!!! Don't do anything that could make you win the game. He is a list of things that could result in a win for your team:
*shove into your pants
*hold onto it
*dribble out the clock
*shoot at the wrong rim
Ginobili sucks the dong.

7) Pretend that rebounds are radioactive, never ever touch them.
8) Above all never play with any pride, remember you are earning millions from some sucker texan. It's his problem.

If you follow these guidelines you will give birth to some scrub team's child.

sorry needed to vent

:lmao

That was pretty funny.

gameFACE
04-30-2006, 11:56 PM
So far all either team has done is win their home games. It's not a series yet.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-30-2006, 11:58 PM
The Kings Are The 8th Seed, They're Nothing. The Spurs Are The World Champions

Go play with your dolls zocool, the Spurs have got some big problems they've got to fix between now and Tuesday.

boutons_
04-30-2006, 11:59 PM
"win their home games"

The Spurs have been solidly outplayed, outhustled, out everything in 3 straight games.
They were damn lucky to win game2.

gameFACE
05-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Even series.

polandprzem
05-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Lookup at the boxscores in Seattle series and check this series.

This is different situacion

Beaverfuzz
05-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Just remember folks. after the All Star Break, in the Western Conference...San Antonio had the best record...second was the Kings. Just look at Houston the year they were the 5th seed and won it all...all on the road. It can happen...question is: will San Antonio rise to the occasion on Tuesday?

mikejones99
05-01-2006, 12:46 AM
2004 was not a collapse you fucking moron. Spurs Det and Sac are best 3 teams so of course this is a tough series. Sac has 7 great players but they should begin to wear down later.

duncan2k5
05-01-2006, 02:01 AM
how was 2004 not a collapse??? we were up 2-0 with homecourt and lost 4 straight. i almost broke my frigging TV. of course it was a collapse. before we were even 2-0 everyone had us winning it

greyforest
05-01-2006, 02:17 AM
*shove into your pants
*hold onto it
*dribble out the clock
*shoot at the wrong rim

i have to admit this is pretty damn funny

Bloodline666
05-01-2006, 04:26 AM
You think the Derek Fisher shot was a collapse? I hate to say this, but I can point to a playoff series from 10 years before that which holds even more similarities to what's going on now. Anybody remember the Sonics/Nuggets series back in 1994?

Yes, the Seattle SuperSonics were the 1 seed, the Denver Nuggets were the 8 seed. Sonics won the first two at home, and were well on their way to a 3-game sweep (of course, the First Round of the playoffs wasn't best of seven until 2003). But Denver won the next two games on their homecourt to force a winner-take-the-series Game 5 in Seattle. A dude from the Sonics (I don't even remember his name anymore; that goes to show you how long ago this was) hit a shot to send the game to Overtime in Game 5. That same dude missed the final shot attempt of the game that could've sent it to either double Overtime, or handed the series to Seattle (don't remember which would've happened), and Dikembe Mutombo grabbed that rebound and fell to the floor in shock that his team pulled off the absolute BIGGEST playoff upset in NBA history; that was the first time a number 8 seed had ever won a playoff series in NBA history. (The Nuggets would eventually be eliminated by the big, bad Utah Jazz in the next round.) New York Knicks in 1999, same story. They were an 8-seed, Miami was a 1-seed. Game 5 was forced, and Allan Houston hit the game-winning shot in Game 5. Only difference between the 1999 Knicks and the 1994 Nuggets, was...well, us Spurs fans know the story. Knicks became the lowest seeded team to reach the Finals, but lost to the Spurs in 5 games.

Same situation here, only this is best-of-seven instead of best-of-five. No 8-seeded team has won a playoff series since the first round of the playoffs was switched to Best of Seven format. the Sacramento Kings could very well become the first team to pull off such a feat, at the same time joining the 1994 Denver Nuggets and the 1999 New York Knicks as only the third 8-seeded team to ever win a playoff series. As a Spurs fan, I had every reason to be worried about Sacramento before the playoffs even started.

Of course, the last time we had a Game 6 forced on us in the first round, was the first year the First Round had a best-of-seven format; 2003, when we eliminated the Phoenix Suns in 6 games. Again, same story in terms of playoff seeding there as now. Phoenix was an 8-seed, we were a 1-seed. We won that series in 6 games. In fact, that year, we won ALL our playoff series in 6 games each. So based on history alone, this series could go either way.

timvp
05-01-2006, 06:04 AM
This would be the biggest collapse in Spurs history and would signal an end of an era for a lot of the players on the team.

However, I have faith they can win Game 5 and turn this ship around.

Believe.