PDA

View Full Version : Its Dicks substance over style: UNDECIDEDS

ducks
10-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Its Dicks substance over style: UNDECIDEDS

By IAN BISHOP
NY Post

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/29801.htm

October 6, 2004 -- ALEXANDRIA, Va. — Round Two went to the White House.
After President Bush lost his face-off with John Kerry last week, Vice President Cheney evened the debate tally during his tangle with John Edwards last night, with 20 Washington, D.C.- area swing voters scoring the bout 9-to-6 in the incumbent's favor. Five participants called it a draw.

Cheney connected with the voters when he spoke of education accountability and mocked Edward's newfound tough talk on defense.

The vice president also scored big when he blamed Edwards, a successful former trial lawyer, for driving up health-insurance costs.

The professionally run swing-voter focus group graded Cheney the man better prepared for the White House in an emergency.

"Everything [Edwards] said was about what John Kerry would do," said Erin Jonesdale, 30, noting she was concerned that Edwards didn't often speak about his own views.

But Edwards countered Cheney successfully with aggressive talk against North Korea, praise of U.S. troops, and expressing a commitment to track down Osama bin Laden, voters said.

With each person in GOP consultant Frank Luntz's focus group using a sophisticated joystick to record his/her opinion of the candidates during the 90-minute debate, participants actually gave Edwards the edge on the computer.

But they gave the victory to Cheney when asked afterward by Luntz to pick the winner.

"Edwards won on style, but Cheney won on substance," said Luntz. "There will be no shift after this debate. This freezes everything until Friday's presidential debate."

whottt
10-06-2004, 10:54 AM
It should be easy to make a democratic lawyer look bad on the health care issues...He's the reason medical and insurance costs are so high, that's why it's humorous to hear him talking about how he is going to make health care more affordable...That'll happen about the same time lawyers stop looking to sue...

JoeChalupa
10-06-2004, 10:57 AM
Damn, Edwards admitted that there are too many lawsuits but I'm glad he went up against those big insurance companies and HMO's.

Cheney won but I'm still on the Kerry/Edwards ticket.

JoeChalupa
10-06-2004, 10:59 AM
It's also funny how so many bitch about lawyers but are more than willing to call one up when they need one.

Yonivore
10-06-2004, 11:06 AM
It's also funny how so many bitch about lawyers but are more than willing to call one up when they need one.
I've never sued anyone...and, given, the circumstances for which some people have sued for millions, around this great nation, I've had plenty of reason.

JoeChalupa
10-06-2004, 12:18 PM
So sue me.

Yonivore
10-06-2004, 12:26 PM
So sue me.
For what? Turnip blood?

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-06-2004, 01:13 PM
I should go spill some hot coffee on myself, then blame someone else for it, it's the American way.

Right after that lawsuit, I'm gonna sue Shiner Bud Light for my beer gut, it's their fault that I have a gut.[/dumbass]

JoeChalupa
10-06-2004, 01:45 PM
I'm suing Playboy for causing carpel tunnel.