PDA

View Full Version : Manu Will Come off the Bench Tuesday

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Just a gut feeling. I can't see Pop figuring out the x's and o's part of things, so he'll go for the shock change to his lineup.

zocool16
05-01-2006, 12:26 AM
hey, this sounds about right. maybe it will happen. i truly dont care though, starter or reserve, manu needs to step up and knee artest in his balls in one of those drives.

Leetonidas
I agree. He'll have Barry start and bring Manu off the bench. This way, Manu can hopefully provide a spark, and Artest will take a break by that time.

Tek_XX
manu coming off the bench is a dead idea, it has lead to nothing.

IceColdBrewski
05-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Don't see it happenin. No way Pop pulls that kind of shit in the playoffs. He's a fool if he does.

DDS4
05-01-2006, 12:29 AM
I thought the shakeup was putting Rasho in for Nazr.

Leetonidas
05-01-2006, 12:29 AM
Don't see it happenin. No way Pop pulls that kind of shit in the playoffs. He's a fool if he does.

See 2005 First Round vs. Denver...Game 2. Manu owned the Nuggets.

polandprzem
05-01-2006, 12:30 AM
I thought the shakeup was putting Rasho in for Nazr.

Yeah - me too :lol

:pctoss

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2006, 12:31 AM

1. He did it last year.

2. I won't argue with you on that last point :lol

Seriously, all Sacramento does every time down is either 1) iso Bonzi or 2) run a pick and roll and get Bonzi or Artest being guarded by Tony.

How many times do we have to get our teeth kicked in before Pop will think about changing up the whole switch on the pick and roll thing?

Tek_XX
05-01-2006, 12:32 AM
This isn't even the problem right now. The problem is manu even contributing in the first place.

jmard5
05-01-2006, 12:40 AM
No Manu sighting today. Even Bowen has disappeared!

boutons_
05-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Spurs had 3 starters with 6 or fewer points, 14 pts total.

When the Spurs suck, they suck hard and long. The World Champion Suckers.

IceColdBrewski
05-01-2006, 12:51 AM
On second thought, Artest does seem to be in Manu's head. Bringing him out while Artest is resting/tired does make sense. But it's just too big of a risk with the series tied at 2-2 IMO. You have to stick with the horses that got you here at this point.

Tough decision.

J.T.
05-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Manu and Popovich should both come off the bench. Too bad you can't have starting coaches because Pop is giving the series to SAC with his pussy small ball lineup. I'd rather PJ coached at this point.

And absolutely bring Manu off the bench. Artest is fucking up his game so bad. Start Finley though, not Barry.

intlspurshk
05-01-2006, 02:13 AM
How about bring TP off the bench so that B Barry can gain some height adv to guard the pick and roll run by Artest and B Well :madrun

Sorry I just too frustated to bring out some crazy idea

gospursgojas
05-01-2006, 02:24 AM
The Spurs biggest problem of this series is their defense, not thier offense. I don't see how Manu coming off the bench will help solve that problem, with Barry or Finley both not beeing able to guard Artest nor Wells....

Maybe starting Horry to add size in order to help stop Artest and Bonzi, but Rob will have to actually play like this game means something. Hes been real nonchalont about this series...

Kori Ellis
05-01-2006, 02:26 AM
It seems that Manu is a little messed up mentally since the game 3 ending. I'm not sure benching him is the answer to rectify that.

toosmallshoes
05-01-2006, 02:33 AM
Manu needs to rediscover his balls. Otherwise we're toast. Dude, you've got two NBA championships and an Olympic Gold Medal. Not even Tim Duncan has a Gold Medal. Get over it or get on the bench.

Bloodline666
05-01-2006, 04:48 AM
manu coming off the bench is a dead idea, it has lead to nothing.
It was a dead idea and lead to nothing in last year's Nuggets series, alright. If I remember correctly, he was a starter in Game 1 of that series; the game the Nuggs beat us, and was replaced on the starting lineup by Brent Barry immediately afterwards and came off the bench instead. We won the next four games, if I remember correctly. Also, I seem to remember that starting lineup sticking until Ray Allen opened a can of whoop-ass on us in Game 4 of the Sonics series.

timvp
05-01-2006, 05:57 AM
No way Manu comes off the bench for Game 5. But if he no shows again because of "El Turnover", they might as well trade him in the offseason.

I've never heard of a player that mentally weak. It was a turnover. You had seven of them. Yeah, it wasn't the greatest play you ever did but it still took a miracle shot for the Kings to win.

Rick Von Braun
05-01-2006, 09:12 AM
No way Manu comes off the bench for Game 5. But if he no shows again because of "El Turnover", they might as well trade him in the offseason.

I've never heard of a player that mentally weak. It was a turnover. You had seven of them. Yeah, it wasn't the greatest play you ever did but it still took a miracle shot for the Kings to win.

It's a mix of things. On the one hand, Manu was very passive. On the other hand, no plays were run for him, so taking him out of the game was by design.

Pop said after game 3 that Manu was forcing things against Artest and ask him to play within the offense. I rather he continue being aggressive even with turnovers than being completely passive.

dn0
05-01-2006, 09:20 AM
It's a mix of things. On the one hand, Manu was very passive. On the other hand, no plays were run for him, so taking him out of the game was by design.

Pop said after game 3 that Manu was forcing things against Artest and ask him to play within the offense. I rather he continue being aggressive even with turnovers than being completely passive.
I agree, I rather have manu aggressive with turnovers and win the game than the passive manu and get routed.

Mixability
05-01-2006, 09:43 AM

:lmao

SpurYank
05-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Here's a little good news amidst all the bad. I had these same feeling last year during the Sonics and the Pistons series. Yet, our team found its way and won both. My point is that the Spurs have been here before, and somehow Pop prepared them each time to come back, at least in more recent times. He was greatly assisted by the S.A. fans. Both the Sonics and Piston had to come to S.A. to take it from our Spurs. They didn't do it. Michael Jordan would have to be disguised in Wells' body in order to have the Kings win it here (and the refs would have to know it in order not to make any calls go against him). Won't happen. There's a precedence. Wells is Wells, just as he was in Portland and Memphis. A winner he ain't. Artest fits the same mold. Winners they ain't. Nor is Rick Adelman.

It's time THEY found a way to lose the series. I trust they will. The crowd won't be behind them here. The only ones on their side are the two owners, and they'll sit with glummy looks on their faces.

Spurs in six.

Sportman
05-01-2006, 11:34 AM
I think this could be the worst option to choose. IF you are bearing in mind that manu is sad and frustated because of his play, pop knows this decision could influence negatively in manu´s play.

Uncle Donnie
05-01-2006, 11:48 AM
It seems that Manu is a little messed up mentally since the game 3 ending. I'm not sure benching him is the answer to rectify that.

I'm just not buying it that this is in Manu's head. Look at game 2 compared to games 1, 3, and 4. What was the difference?

Give credit where credit is due. Artest is eating Manu's lunch out there. Manu can spend the next 48 hours with Dr. Phil if he wants, but unless the Spurs can come up with some kind of gameplan that will do something to free him up from Artest's defense he's going to continue to struggle majorly.

Tigole Bitties
05-01-2006, 01:05 PM
All we need is a few more flying Argentinian elbows into the mugs of Bonzi and Artest.

Just how many Maloof brothers are there?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't think it's the best idea to bench Manu. I'm just saying I don't think Pop can figure out the x's and o's so he's going to go to some lame ass roster change to try and 'solve the Kings.'

Cant_Be_Faded
05-01-2006, 08:08 PM
On second thought, Artest does seem to be in Manu's head. Bringing him out while Artest is resting/tired does make sense. But it's just too big of a risk with the series tied at 2-2 IMO. You have to stick with the horses that got you here at this point.

Tough decision.

He's got manu scared like a little ginger sissy...it's sickening, ive never seen Manu do this...

vsnba
05-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Let Barry or Finely start instead of Manu , Give ball to Duncan

Ginobili_20_gold_medalist
05-01-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm just not buying it that this is in Manu's head. Look at game 2 compared to games 1, 3, and 4. What was the difference?

Give credit where credit is due. Artest is eating Manu's lunch out there. Manu can spend the next 48 hours with Dr. Phil if he wants, but unless the Spurs can come up with some kind of gameplan that will do something to free him up from Artest's defense he's going to continue to struggle majorly.

This is complete crap. Artest was on the bench for most of the 1st half in Game 4 and even then Ginobili didn't look to force his game at all. I think it was part of the gameplan that Manu pull back and stop forcing his offense. They certainly ran no plays for him which was frustrating to watch with Artest in foul trouble.