PDA

View Full Version : Monday... Are you going to join some of us?

Sense
05-01-2006, 12:40 AM
You all know what the protestors have said... A day without a Mexican in mexico's "labor day" May 1.

Some people have claimed that Mexico's president was going to close the bridges from their side so that no Mexican would be able to cross and buy merchandise from the US. Lessenning the economy. Some hispanics that are currently residing here are not going to send their students to school, making schools lose money.... lessenning the economy.

Some hispanics are not going to work, buy gas, go out, buy food, items, etc... lessening the economy.

What do you think about this? Do you think that this day will show the government how much they need hispanics?

I for one am not going to school tomorrow, but I will attend work( few hours, and need the money).

Will you join?

Sorry if this was mentioned, or posted before...

Duff McCartney
05-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Stupid...this day isn't gonna prove anything.

Vashner
05-01-2006, 12:51 AM
VIVA MEXICO..

Ok other than Mexico attacking our city and KILLING EVERYONE including women and children do you think we should quit Texas and USA stupid Bush and join Mexico?

Answer:
1. Fuck no.. burn that Mexican flag we are Tejano's!!
2. Yea we need to join because drugs are legal now.
3. The Chinese are taking over with buffets. Let's join Mexico before it's too late.
4. Can we join France, I hear the wine is good?
5. Santa Anna was just an innocent guy like Saddam? Hey Col Travis fired a cannon just like that Kurd that shot at Saddam. Of course he signed the death order for the village. Let's join the U.N.
6. I don't give a crap my spurs lost because of some stupid Arnold protestors.

CharlieMac
05-01-2006, 12:51 AM
I'll join when Mexico stops treating immigrants from south america so horribly.

Sense
05-01-2006, 12:53 AM
I'll join when Mexico stops treating immigrants from south america so horribly.

Can you blame them?

If anything they shouldn't let them cross through mexico since its like rubbing it in their faces.

They get a free pass to the US, while they have to risk their lives in order to do so.

Vashner
05-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Man I tried to get a job in Cozumel and they told me fuck off gringo?

I say we just move San Antonio to Cozumel.. the island is about the size of Bexar county. We can invade from our C5's out of lackland...

CharlieMac
05-01-2006, 12:55 AM
I don't know what you just said.

Melmart1
05-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Que?

Sense
05-01-2006, 12:58 AM
I don't know what you just said.

Alot of South American countries get a free pass to reside and be a citizen in the US.

They cross through Mexico to get here.....

Do u still not understand?

Vashner
05-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Mexico does not even have a birth cert system and Vicente Fox refused to even consider it from Dubya's request at Cancun. They have no idea how many people are actually there .. or here lol.

Sense
05-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Mexico does not even have a birth cert system and Vicente Fox refused to even consider it from Dubya's request at Cancun. They have no idea how many people are actually there .. or here lol.

I don't care about Mexico, there's obviously a reason everyone wants to come to the US...

I'm worried about the people that are here and risked their lives to pay taxes and do the work most anglos don't want to do. I want them to get the respect they deserve. The hispanics residing here, not the Mexicans in Mexico, or the president.

IceColdBrewski
05-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Some hispanics are not going to work, buy gas, go out, buy food, items, etc... lessening the economy...

And how is this different from any other day?

Mexico has basically shut its borders to all immigration. But I'm supposed to listen to Mexicans bitch about our immigration policy?

I'll pass.

CharlieMac
05-01-2006, 01:15 AM
Alot of South American countries get a free pass to reside and be a citizen in the US.

They cross through Mexico to get here.....

Do u still not understand?

Oh I get it, I'm just thinking whether or not you're serious and actually trying to justify the way Mexico treats those people, considering what tomorrow is supposedly all about.

You support the cause but will go to work tomorrow because you need the money?

Not sending kids to school will make public schools lose money? Yeah.

Mexico closing off borders to teach the US a lesson by not allowing us to spend money in Nuevo Laredo and shit? Yeah okay.

I've never even noticed you, but if I get bored in class tomorrow and remember, I need to check out your political post history to see if you're serious.

CharlieMac
05-01-2006, 01:17 AM
However, if you're new to politics and just discovered all this, then thats cool. I think I voted for Gore in 2000, so we all gotta start somewhere.

Sense
05-01-2006, 01:22 AM
And how is this different from any other day?

Mexico has basically shut its borders to all immigration. But I'm supposed to listen to Mexicans bitch about our immigration policy?

I'll pass.

The immigration policy is about to change, u never saw people bitch about that. And why do you care if it's shut? What are you planning on going to mexico today or what?

Sense
05-01-2006, 01:23 AM
I should've added "no argueative anglos" at the title, It's obvious some of you guys are going to argue...

Ask me if I care, I see through some of you ignorants.

IceColdBrewski
05-01-2006, 01:40 AM
Go ahead and do your little parade if it makes you feel any better. It might even become a footnote in some history books a couple of years from now. But if you think it's going to somehow put a dent in the American economy, you have much bigger problems to worry about than immigration.

You need to take some time to learn American politics. When all is said and done, Congress is going to pass some watered down immigration law that won't change a thing.

T Park
05-01-2006, 02:23 AM
You need to take some time to learn American politics. When all is said and done, Congress is going to pass some watered down immigration law that won't change a thing

exactly right.,

Ive yet to be told, why, we should not strengthen our borders.

The best answer I've gotten is "Well your ancestors were foreign"

No shit, if your not an indian, everyone is a gotdamn immigrant.

Keep your damn rallys out of my way tommarow while I try to get some fuckin work done pissants.

Buddy Holly
05-01-2006, 03:46 AM
Sweet, shorter lines at stores.

MannyIsGod
05-01-2006, 05:31 AM
If you're going to work, why the hell do you have the nerve to ask other people to do anything? No, I will not be buying anything today. I think if you're going to sit here and talk about people needing to do something, you should make sure you practice what you preach. I understand you may need the money, but thats where the sacrafice comes in.

I'm so sick of people who can't articulate their position on this issue. If you don't understand what you're donig and why you're doing it, then don't open your mouth about it because it just hurts whats going on.

If you were serious about it, you wouldn't go to work.

Gerryatrics
05-01-2006, 05:32 AM
The only Hispanics we have up here are the staff from the local Mexican restaurant and a bunch of guys that harvest some kind of plant (no, not marijuana, I think it's used for flower arrangements or something). I doubt they're going to kill the local economy if they don't show up for work tomorrow, but I'll swing by the restaurant to see if they're there. This whole thing is stupid anyway, I think most people are concerned with illegal immigrants, not naturalized Americans or citizens of Hispanic descent. But don't let me rain on your parade. :sombrero:

MannyIsGod
05-01-2006, 05:40 AM
I think many of you will be suprised the level of shut downs that will occur today. You can expect many meat packing plants, many restaraunts, and day labor to be impacted quite a bit. The problem is that this will blow over. There are plenty of undocumented people who make a huge impact on the American economy, but until they make a lasting show of economic force through reoccouring or a single continous strike, things will blow over.

Nothing is going to get done in an election year. Republicans (nor Democrats) aren't serious about getting things fixed so this issue won't be addressed. It really needs to be, but I don't see the people in question putting together a lasting effort in order to get the reform pushed through.

All that said, I'm rooting for a huge impact today. And I'm hoping for repeats of this action over and over again untill this country gets it drilled into their heads how much they need the people they choose to ignore.

billboardbill
05-01-2006, 06:39 AM
If any business I go to is closed because of this, I will not give them any of my business in the future..

MannyIsGod
05-01-2006, 06:43 AM
If any business I go to is closed because of this, I will not give them any of my business in the future..Hurry spread the word! Cancel the protests, cancel the protests!

Newsflash, you need the immigrants just as much as they need you. Thats the whole point.

travis2
05-01-2006, 06:49 AM
Illegal immigrants are breaking the law. Period. End of story.

Calling them "undocumented" doesn't change the facts.

Samr
05-01-2006, 07:01 AM
I agree with whoever said this will just become a watered-down law. It's like you are correcting a child for playing with the door, and then the kid throws a massive temper tantrum. Hey, it's really not that big of a deal, just stop doing it.

My quick views on this issue:
1) You do not pay taxes so I do not buy your sob story. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
2) There is entirely too much hypocricy going on here, an example of which being Sense's desire to go to work, and then protest. If you have a strong opinion or are going to do something, do it right, and show you are serious about it. If you aren't, go away.
3) If you want to be a tax-paying, documented citizen, I completely support that and I think we should allow people in, and support them, under those conditions. If we really need people who are undocumented, non-tax-paying workers, everyone would be like that. But guess what.
4) This whole situation is getting entirely too funny. I'm waiting for the protesters to bust out the "Mexicans are people too!" t-shirts.

ObiwanGinobili
05-01-2006, 07:05 AM
We need to just get to the heart of the matter and fight for Texas Independance!

Samr
05-01-2006, 07:06 AM
Yeah, what the hell happened to us being our own country? We need to get to work on that. It'd be the shit.

MannyIsGod
05-01-2006, 07:38 AM
Illegal immigrants are breaking the law. Period. End of story.

Calling them "undocumented" doesn't change the facts.Jaywalkers are all also breaking the law. Are you suggesting that we apply that law and enforce it without abandon? Of course not, and why? Because the reality of the situation supercedes unenforceable and unessecary laws.

What are you going to do Travis? Ship them all back to where they came from? Well then today's boycott will give you a taste of the future, won't it?

Regradless of their legal status, the fact remains that they are vital to this economy, so you can either deal with the realistic situation that this country needs them or you can continue with "I'm right, they're wrong".

So whats the solution?

MannyIsGod
05-01-2006, 07:40 AM
I agree with whoever said this will just become a watered-down law. It's like you are correcting a child for playing with the door, and then the kid throws a massive temper tantrum. Hey, it's really not that big of a deal, just stop doing it.

My quick views on this issue:
1) You do not pay taxes so I do not buy your sob story. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
2) There is entirely too much hypocricy going on here, an example of which being Sense's desire to go to work, and then protest. If you have a strong opinion or are going to do something, do it right, and show you are serious about it. If you aren't, go away.
3) If you want to be a tax-paying, documented citizen, I completely support that and I think we should allow people in, and support them, under those conditions. If we really need people who are undocumented, non-tax-paying workers, everyone would be like that. But guess what.
4) This whole situation is getting entirely too funny. I'm waiting for the protesters to bust out the "Mexicans are people too!" t-shirts.The vast majority do pay taxes, but once again we come to the bottom line. What is the solution? Making them felons? Are we going to lock them all up? Are we going to ship them all back?

IceColdBrewski
05-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Sweet, shorter lines at stores.

Damn. I didn't even think about that. I was fighting the masses at HEB yesterday. I shoulda waited one more day.

travis2
05-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Jaywalkers are all also breaking the law. Are you suggesting that we apply that law and enforce it without abandon? Of course not, and why? Because the reality of the situation supercedes unenforceable and unessecary laws.

What are you going to do Travis? Ship them all back to where they came from? Well then today's boycott will give you a taste of the future, won't it?

Regradless of their legal status, the fact remains that they are vital to this economy, so you can either deal with the realistic situation that this country needs them or you can continue with "I'm right, they're wrong".

So whats the solution?

I don't know what the solution is, Manny. But rewarding them for breaking the law is NOT part of it.

I would oppose ANY such thing. And you know what? There are millions of legal immigrants...Mexican and otherwise...who agree with me.

ObiwanGinobili
05-01-2006, 08:32 AM
I got rewarded yesterday for breaking the law.

I speed up to 50 mph (5 miles over the limit) and was able to get thru a yellow light.
My reward was nto having to sit at the red light @ Wurzbach & Bandera thru possibly 2 or 3 cycles.

Man that was sweet.

Extra Stout
05-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Our current immigration policy is like having a speed limit of 35 on the interstate, but with only one or two cops per 100 miles, and with just a $5 fine for speeding.

MannyIsGod
05-01-2006, 09:01 AM
I don't know what the solution is, Manny. But rewarding them for breaking the law is NOT part of it.

I would oppose ANY such thing. And you know what? There are millions of legal immigrants...Mexican and otherwise...who agree with me.Ok, so come up with a solution then. I don't know isn't going to cut it, is it? Status Quo?

CharlieMac
05-01-2006, 09:11 AM
I don't know how effective today is going to be. I just came back from the restaurant to drop off some banquet knives and all of the cooks were there prepping like usual. They got families to feed and so on. I don't know if that's an early indication of how today is going to go or not.

travis2
05-01-2006, 09:11 AM
OK...how's this...

I don't mind the idea of "guest worker". But if they're here illegally, they pay for the privilege.

1. Back taxes paid.
2. Fine
3. Ineligible for government social programs

If they want to enter the country legally as a "guest" worker, points 1 and 2 go away. Still ineligible for government social programs.

4. If illegal, forfeit any chance at citizenship or permanent residency outside of "guest worker" status.

Next...get the border security fixed up. I don't want to hear any excuses about how big the border is...there are ways to do it. We have the technology, as the saying goes. STFU and start presenting possibilities for evaluation instead of sitting on your ass bitching about how it can't be done. (BTW...that's a royal "you"...I'm not directing that at any one person in particular)

Finally...enforce the documentation laws in effect now. If you are not a citizen and don't have legal documentation...you leave the country. Period. If you as a businessman hire someone who doesn't have legal documentation, you are fined. Heavily.
There...that's at least part of a solution.

MannyIsGod
05-01-2006, 09:12 AM
There are 3 general ways to tackle this situation.

A) You take action (or no action) that doesn't effect them IE Status quo
B) You take action which harms the immigrants IE you make it a felony
C) You take action that helps them IE you grant amnesty

If you're not going to take C, then you're left with A or B. If you do anything that harms them, you won't be able to enforce it and if you were you'd be doing more harm to the economy than anything else.

So what options are really options here?

IceColdBrewski
05-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Ok, so come up with a solution then.

1) The 10 million or so illegals who are already here. Deal with it, cuz there ain't no way we're sending them all back. Start a program that would set a deadline for them to register, pay a fine or something, then go on as greencarders. Then, start deporting anyone who fails to register...or whose background is less than desirable (Tony Montana need not apply).

2) Secure the border for real. Fences, walls, moats w/crocs...whatever. No more illegals should be crossing the SW border.

3) Simplify the process of applying for legal immigration. We need to know who is entering our country, and what their background, intents, etc... are. Honest, hardworking individuals who will abide by our laws from day 1 are welcome.

4) Start cracking down hard on any employer who hires illegals either knowingly or through negligence. Huge fines and jail time should help accomplish this.

5) All immigrants should be required to learn to speak and read English at some point, at a functional level. Immigration to the US should be with the intent to assimilate, not to bring a foreign culture to ours. As part of the assimilation, some of their culture will mix with ours... but simply moving Tijuana to San Diego does absolutely nothing to help the US.

MannyIsGod
05-01-2006, 09:15 AM
OK...how's this...

I don't mind the idea of "guest worker". But if they're here illegally, they pay for the privilege.

1. Back taxes paid.
2. Fine
3. Ineligible for government social programs

If they want to enter the country legally as a "guest" worker, points 1 and 2 go away. Still ineligible for government social programs.

4. If illegal, forfeit any chance at citizenship or permanent residency outside of "guest worker" status.

There...that's at least part of a solution.Then don't say you won't reward them for being here illegally because what you outlined above is what is being asked for. They don't want the world, they just want to be recognized.

travis2
05-01-2006, 09:16 AM
You and I are pretty much on the same page, Ice...

Not bad for a Beagle fan...

Taco
05-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Carlos Mencia, from the "Mind of Mencia,talked about illegal immigration in his opening monologue

"They're out there protesting and I heard this one lady, she got all mad.

(In a whiny voice) "I don't understand how come the American people are not treating us like Americans."

Um, Maybe it's the...flag you're holding! Mexico! Why would you hold a Mexican flag when you're trying to tell America that you love this country? That's like coming to my house, taking a (crap) on my table and saying, "What are you going to cook next?" Nothing!

..My dad's from Honduras and my mom's from Mexico and all they ever said was how beautiful Mexico is. What a paradise Honduras is. You know what I mean?

"...Mexico is better (than the United States)."

And I would be like, "Then why don't you go back?"

"Well, it's a very technical situation."

It's not a very technical situation. If you go back to Mexico, it's not like there's a border patrol on that side going,

"Hey hey, where are joo going?"

...There's not even any Mexicans left over there. Have you been to Mexico lately? ...Everyone is from Guatemala and El Salvador there. It's like all the Mexicans came here, then there was nothing there, and they were like, "Well, let's move up a little bit."

MannyIsGod
05-01-2006, 09:17 AM
1) The 10 million or so illegals who are already here. Deal with it, cuz there ain't no way we're sending them all back. Start a program that would set a deadline for them to register, pay a fine or something, then go on as greencarders. Then, start deporting anyone who fails to register...or whose background is less than desirable (Tony Montana need not apply).

2) Secure the border for real. Fences, walls, moats w/crocs...whatever. No more illegals should be crossing the SW border.

3) Simplify the process of applying for legal immigration. We need to know who is entering our country, and what their background, intents, etc... are. Honest, hardworking individuals who will abide by our laws from day 1 are welcome.

4) Start cracking down hard on any employer who hires illegals either knowingly or through negligence. Huge fines and jail time should help accomplish this.

5) All immigrants should be required to learn to speak and read English at some point, at a functional level. Immigration to the US should be with the intent to assimilate, not to bring a foreign culture to ours. As part of the assimilation, some of their culture will mix with ours... but simply moving Tijuana to San Diego does absolutely nothing to help the US.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies2/smitu.gif

Now, if the politicians in DC would stop fucking around and get this shit done....

Well, I'm not going to hold my breath.

travis2
05-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Then don't say you won't reward them for being here illegally because what you outlined above is what is being asked for. They don't want the world, they just want to be recognized.

Then you haven't been paying attention. That is NOT what is being asked for, and that is NOT what the Democrats will agree to. They want NO enforcement actions, first of all. Secondly, they ARE expecting to be put into the citizenship queue ahead of those who have waited legally.

edit to add...Oh yeah...border security and enforcement...no go on that as well.

MannyIsGod
05-01-2006, 09:18 AM
I don't know how effective today is going to be. I just came back from the restaurant to drop off some banquet knives and all of the cooks were there prepping like usual. They got families to feed and so on. I don't know if that's an early indication of how today is going to go or not.I don't think a big impact will be felt here. LA and Chicago will be better locations to guage how much of an impact this will have. San Antonians just don't give a damn and the activist community here has thier collective heads up their collective ass.

MannyIsGod
05-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Then you haven't been paying attention. That is NOT what is being asked for, and that is NOT what the Democrats will agree to. They want NO enforcement actions, first of all. Secondly, they ARE expecting to be put into the citizenship queue ahead of those who have waited legally.What the average undocumented worker wants and what the democrats are trying to do are 2 seperate things. I flat out assure you of that Travis.

travis2
05-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Well, you asked me for my solution, and I gave it.

What about you?

ObiwanGinobili
05-01-2006, 09:23 AM
I know quite a few illegal immigrants.

90% of them pay more Fed taxes then I do. And they don't get refunds. I've gotten a fed refund 7 out of the last 8 years. Last years refund was $1,500 more than I had paid out.

MannyIsGod
05-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Well, you asked me for my solution, and I gave it.

What about you?I agree with the main principles behind what you and Brewski posted. I know most of them don't care about citizenship. They just want to work and earn money for thier families. Its a very simple situation to fix but the politicos have to make a bigger issue out of it so they have something to sit there and act like their fixing.

Old School Chic
05-01-2006, 09:35 AM
I was expecting less traffic this fine Monday morning, but obviously all my fellow immigrants thought twice about not going to work. :spin

jcrod
05-01-2006, 11:17 AM
I don't think a big impact will be felt here. LA and Chicago will be better locations to guage how much of an impact this will have. San Antonians just don't give a damn and the activist community here has thier collective heads up their collective ass.

:depressed

Sad but true, the Mexican community doesnt pull together like LA and Chicago, shit even Dallas. In Dallas hundreds of thousands showed up for the rally parade. He a mere few thousands, but hey I didn't go either so I shouldn't be talking.

I agree with all your post Manny and IceCold and some great suggestions.

MoSpur
05-01-2006, 12:44 PM
People had to admit it, but this country needs immigrants whether legal or illegal. Its not hard to understand. Just hard to admit. Not for me though. I grew up around an illegal immigrant who became a citizen about eight years ago. He is a successful business owner. He is my pop. In the summers when I was young, I would go to work with him all the time.

I can't believe that my dad has been doing what he does for 30+ years. In the 100+ degrees temp. laboring for 10 hours or so. However, he did it because he had to. I realized a long time ago that no one wants to do the work that all the immigrants whether legal or illegal do on a daily basis. Its true.

I don't expect that many in here to admit though.

Horry For 3!
05-01-2006, 01:21 PM
I hope you know, it won't hurt the economy. So go ahead and hurt yourself as well as they can hurt themselves.

Mixability
05-01-2006, 01:40 PM
I hope you know, it won't hurt the economy. So go ahead and hurt yourself as well as they can hurt themselves.

Oh no, we've been OWNED.

:rolleyes

:lol

MoSpur
05-01-2006, 01:53 PM

Coming from the guy who lives in that huge city Victoria.

jcrod
05-01-2006, 01:57 PM
People had to admit it, but this country needs immigrants whether legal or illegal. Its not hard to understand. Just hard to admit. Not for me though. I grew up around an illegal immigrant who became a citizen about eight years ago. He is a successful business owner. He is my pop. In the summers when I was young, I would go to work with him all the time.

I can't believe that my dad has been doing what he does for 30+ years. In the 100+ degrees temp. laboring for 10 hours or so. However, he did it because he had to. I realized a long time ago that no one wants to do the work that all the immigrants whether legal or illegal do on a daily basis. Its true.

I don't expect that many in here to admit though.

And if they haven't they never will MoSpur. Most people just think that immigrants, especially Mexican immigrants are here to live off the system. Which in fact is totally opposite.

MoSpur
05-01-2006, 02:06 PM
And if they haven't they never will MoSpur. Most people just think that immigrants, especially Mexican immigrants are here to live off the system. Which in fact is totally opposite.

True. I remember my dad always having friends coming over to work for him and them staying here for like a month or two just to take back money to their family.

MoSpur
05-01-2006, 02:07 PM
My dad has put ads in the paper and has asked friends of his to see if they wanted to work for him. No one ever responded because it was too hard.

jcrod
05-01-2006, 02:17 PM
My dad has put ads in the paper and has asked friends of his to see if they wanted to work for him. No one ever responded because it was too hard.

Yep, my uncle also has a very succesful business doing the same thing. I would help him sometimes and it sucked doing those huge yards.

timvp
05-01-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm going to go out and do all my shopping today.

timvp
05-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Oh and "The Day Without A Mexican" sucked.

Samr
05-01-2006, 04:55 PM
I was expecting less traffic this fine Monday morning, but obviously all my fellow immigrants thought twice about not going to work.

That, or they don't have cars.

They have found a level of carpooling efficiency the rest of the democratic population only dreams of.

DarkReign
05-01-2006, 05:04 PM
True. I remember my dad always having friends coming over to work for him and them staying here for like a month or two just to take back money to their family.

...and therein lies the problem. Illegal workers send all their money to Mexico, not spend it here in the States. Thats called a vacuum. Vacuum = bad.

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Did anyone notice ANY difference? All my mexican employees came to work today but one of the gringos took off...:lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-01-2006, 06:17 PM
...and therein lies the problem. Illegal workers send all their money to Mexico, not spend it here in the States. Thats called a vacuum. Vacuum = bad.

It's a pretty small vacuum in the grand scheme of things.

AlamoSpursFan
05-01-2006, 06:19 PM
There were a couple of vatos speaking Spanish behind me in the plumbing aisle at Home Depot today. They must have missed the memo.

:lmao

AlamoSpursFan
05-01-2006, 06:24 PM

This is why Mexico has no interest in fixing the problem. The Mexican government snags at least half of all money sent back home by illegal immigrants. Back in the 80's, my uncle hired a couple of illegals to clear some brush on his ranch near Waring. They both spoke perfect English and were super nice guys. They said that their families got about 30 cents of every dollar they sent back after the government takes their "share". I've heard that they don't take quite as much these days, but they still get a good chunk of it.

Horry For 3!
05-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Coming from the guy who lives in that huge city Victoria.
:lmao :lol :lmao :lol I don't live in Victoria

T Park
05-02-2006, 09:01 AM
This is why Mexico has no interest in fixing the problem. The Mexican government snags at least half of all money sent back home by illegal immigrants. Back in the 80's, my uncle hired a couple of illegals to clear some brush on his ranch near Waring. They both spoke perfect English and were super nice guys. They said that their families got about 30 cents of every dollar they sent back after the government takes their "share". I've heard that they don't take quite as much these days, but they still get a good chunk of it.

Thats what my workers do.

After tuesday they head to Western Union and prob send about 75% of their money home.

I don't care, its their money.

Best workers I've ever had, and yes they are here LEGALLY, through HB2 work visas.

Always show up on time, never have to tell them to shave, take a shower, be to work on time, wake them up, put on their uniform.

I go to work, and they are there before me, already working.

My head guy is prob the best of all, and very smart. Pretty damn funny too :lol

Im all for, the HB2 work program, cause for our company and other companies like ours, its a godsend.

Sense
05-04-2006, 04:51 PM
If you're going to work, why the hell do you have the nerve to ask other people to do anything? No, I will not be buying anything today. I think if you're going to sit here and talk about people needing to do something, you should make sure you practice what you preach. I understand you may need the money, but thats where the sacrafice comes in.

I'm so sick of people who can't articulate their position on this issue. If you don't understand what you're donig and why you're doing it, then don't open your mouth about it because it just hurts whats going on.

If you were serious about it, you wouldn't go to work.

Don't be throwing shots at me if you don't know my background or my reasons.

Needing the Money was short, but there's obviously more to it. I'm mostly Pride, and it had to take a lot for me to even mention I will attend work, but not school....

BTW, I didn't work.

MannyIsGod
05-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Good. Its not aboutknowing your background. If you believe in someone to advocate other people doing it, you should do it yourself.

Sense
05-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Good. Its not aboutknowing your background. If you believe in someone to advocate other people doing it, you should do it yourself.
Not to disrespect, but....

I have to admit, I'm kind of a bit surprised you are backing up this whole protesting thing Manny.

MannyIsGod
05-04-2006, 05:19 PM
uh, why?