PDA

View Full Version : This is no ordinary 8th seed. These guys are for real.

Tom_Foolery
05-01-2006, 02:44 AM
They have been killing us on the offensive glass and shooting the ball way too good. I'm sure we'll win the series, but I think it will come down to 7 games. Sacramento has outhustled us to the ball and what I saw in Popovich's Spurs with a couple minutes remaining in the half was a team that "gave up". That's right, I said it: they gave up a little too early in the 1st half with a couple of minutes left to close.

What I do admire about Sacramento is Bonzi's relentlessness to attack the basket. Gotta give props for that. Maybe Manu and Parker should take a page out of the book. I see a Sacramento team playing with more heart and more pride against a San Antonio team that felt a little too "confident" after game 1. I knew they were going to lose game 3 just because of how relaxed they took the Kings in game 2, but I had no idea they would embarrass the Spurs in game 4 like this.

Artest is no joke, the guy is pretty amazing when they need him to be. So far, Artest has just flat-out shut down Manu and in all fairness, made even Manu question himself.

I think a big difference between the Sonic's 1st round experience and the Spurs 1st round experience is that the Kings have a defensive guy who can shut down Manu...Sonics never had that. So alot of that Sonics series was the Spurs playing up to their capabilities. When Manu is shut down, it doesn't leave us with many choices, especially against a Kings team that can score the ball pretty well.

What also worries me is the fight in this team. I see Bonzi dunking the ball all over Duncan's face, even slapping him on one dunk, and I don't see anyone going up for a charge or laying some wood on him. Instead, they played intimidated.

If we can't beat Sacramento in Sacramento when we needed to after a loss in game 3, how are we supposed to expect a repeat as champions starting the series off in Detroit?

Spurs in 7(fingers crossed)

Winnipeg_Spur
05-01-2006, 02:57 AM
Yeah, I thought this would be a pretty tough series originally, and then Bonzi suddenly became a reincarnated Wilt Chamberlain, which put them over the top the last couple games.

The scary thing is they aren't even built as if Bonzi is a franchise player or anything, so even if he can't keep up his ridiculous play (and who's to say he won't), they can still be awfully competetive.

gospursgojas
05-01-2006, 03:01 AM
Bonzi used to kill the Spurs when he was in Portland, so his play in this series isnt suprising me

Slydragon
05-01-2006, 03:07 AM
Yea Bonzi is killing us, He wants a fat contract next year so he's motivated twice(ring & $$$)

Winnipeg_Spur
05-01-2006, 03:08 AM
I guess I was expecting Bonzi to play pretty well, but shit 25 and 17, that's obscene... :(

Tom_Foolery
05-01-2006, 03:38 AM
I guess I was expecting Bonzi to play pretty well, but shit 25 and 17, that's obscene... :(

That's called "hustle play". The guy played with probably more energy and determination than anyone over the last couple games. The stats may not say so every game, but you could always depend on Bonzi giving 100%, which I can't say is the case for the Spurs big 3(probably the rings & all star appearances spoiled them, or a talented bench).

gospursgojas
05-01-2006, 03:41 AM
Not to knock on Bonzi, b/c I agree that he is having a great series, but also take into consideration that he has been guarded by someone who is shorter and smaller than him for the most part of the series. B/C of this I don't find him unstopable....

Hopefully Pop will put someone with more size on him and then lets see how his numbers fall, rise, or stay the same

SenorSpur
05-01-2006, 04:10 AM
Not to knock on Bonzi, b/c I agree that he is having a great series, but also take into consideration that he has been guarded by someone who is shorter and smaller than him for the most part of the series. B/C of this I don't find him unstopable....

Hopefully Pop will put someone with more size on him and then lets see how his numbers fall, rise, or stay the same

I beg to differ. Bonzi has been absolutely unstoppable. He's gotten wherever he's needed to on the court, whenever he's wanted to get there.

Hell, the Spurs cannot even keep this guy off the glass. All the while knowing he's been a demon on the offensive glass. The Spurs have had no answer for him.

At this point, if your supposed "best" defender on the team (Bowen) can't slow him down, I don't know who Pop can put on this guy.

gospursgojas
05-01-2006, 04:15 AM
Bowen is the best Perimiter Defender on the team...Bonzi has been playing down low for the most part

And you dont have to beg to differ b.c you actually agree with me on Bonzi being unstopable thus far. But thus far he has had a smaller defender on him

Tom_Foolery
05-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Bowen is the best Perimiter Defender on the team...Bonzi has been playing down low for the most part

And you dont have to beg to differ b.c you actually agree with me on Bonzi being unstopable thus far. But thus far he has had a smaller defender on him

That doesn't have anything to do with him dunking all over Duncan time from time and his offensive boards. That's just pure "hustle play".

Don't be a hater, give credit where credit is due. Bonzi's been the fire of that team.

ftech
05-01-2006, 10:53 AM
hey manu just got to get over game 3 and step if he wants to keep on playing