PDA

View Full Version : keys for game 5

ducks
05-01-2006, 08:34 AM
first ran a play for mentaly weak manu to see if he can actually play in game 5
very early in first

if not use duncan more instead of manu
if bowen can not guard wells or ron then either use him in the corner for the three of put in a better o person either person could guard those two just as good

if our bigs are not going to rebound
go deep and see if orberta can provide some energy off the bench

dn0
05-01-2006, 09:28 AM
dude I knew you didn't like manu but hating him has become your life purpose now.
Give it a rest.

ducks
05-01-2006, 09:37 AM
someone else has suggested trading manu if he does not snap out of it not me

ahf is saying he is coming off the bench

look at the quotes he is mental weak did not expect that from him at all

Ginofan
05-01-2006, 09:43 AM
first ran a play for mentaly weak manu to see if he can actually play in game 5
very early in first

if not use duncan more instead of manu
if bowen can not guard wells or ron then either use him in the corner for the three of put in a better o person either person could guard those two just as good

if our bigs are not going to rebound
go deep and see if orberta can provide some energy off the bench

Hopefully that jumpball recovery that ends in him going for the easy lay in. That would be nice to see.

Old School Chic
05-01-2006, 09:44 AM
someone else has suggested trading manu if he does not snap out of it not me

ahf is saying he is coming off the bench

look at the quotes he is mental weak did not expect that from him at all

I'm sorry but I don't agree :nope

ducks
05-01-2006, 09:47 AM
I would not have thought so either

but it looked like it from last night

but when has manu ever had 2 bad games in a row?

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-01-2006, 09:50 AM
When was the last time he had to play against Ron Artest two nights in a row? It's a match-up issue more than anything. Frankly I don't think that Manu warrants any singling out. With the exception of Tim that whole team didn't show up last night.

ducks
05-01-2006, 09:53 AM
yep manu can still do no wrong just what I thought

everyone said before the start of the series
bibby was a very tough matchup for tp but he gets blame
manu is ok because ron was on him though

look at manu's own quotes and tell me he was not PART of the problem

the problem is no one ever expected manu to have 2 bad games in a row like that
especially last night

Tom_Foolery
05-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Simple:

1. Win the boards, especially the defensive boards.
2. Big 3 need to score a combined 60pts
3. Don't turn the ball over.

We do these 3 and it's a guaranteed win.

Look for San Antonio to crash the boards bigtime. They've been humiliated on the boards all series.

ducks
05-01-2006, 09:58 AM
when was the lat time the big three scored 60

Old School Chic
05-01-2006, 10:04 AM
When was the last time he had to play against Ron Artest two nights in a row? It's a match-up issue more than anything. Frankly I don't think that Manu warrants any singling out. With the exception of Tim that whole team didn't show up last night.

:tu

austinfan
05-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Rebounding has been our problem all season long and was the main factor in the slamming the Pistons gave us both times we went up against them.

I don't see Manu having three bad games in a row, but against Artest, he's not going to have another 30-point game either. So Pop is going to have to run more plays through Duncan, a la Game 3, and Tony is going to have to find some way to penetrate more.

But it all starts with the rebounds, because once you let the ball get into the hands of Wells, you're going to be playing catch up all night.

Look, the Spurs are a very good time. Game 5 is a moment of truth for them. If we can't beat the Kings on our own court after two losses, then how the hell are we going to beat the Mavs or the Pistons further down the road? This team needs to step up and show they: a) know how to adjust, and b) that they have the fire in the belly to win a championship.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Calm down ducks, I'm not excusing his shitty play. No one in this thread is trying to. As for his quotes about being mentally out of it, that's pretty obvious when you watch his game, but when was the last time that Manu made any kind of excuse for not playing well. Would you rather he come out and say, "Well, I've got a perennial DPOY candidate on me so I think they should run the offense through me."???

Again, I'm on board for saying that he's played like shit, but I don't think that he's played so much worse than anyone else on this team that he deserves his own thread. The entire team needs to get it's head back on straight, including Manu.

weebo
05-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Keep Nazr off the floor. I rather have Oberto running around like a chicken without a head than see Nazr bricking ten foot jumpshots with no one underneath to board.

batman2883
05-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Rebound, Rebound, Rebound, Stop Bonzi Wells And Fucking Rebound