PDA

View Full Version : What's worse?

spurschick
05-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Actually losing both games, or having everyone in the office come up to your desk asking "What happened?", "What's wrong with Manu?", "Do you think they'll bounce back?"... and my favorite, "Are you okay?" :lol

I guess this a downside of being an out-of-the-closet crazy Spurs fan. Everyone thinks you have all of the answers during a slump like this. If I did, I'd be sitting on the bench with a clipboard in my hand!

ducks
05-01-2006, 09:54 AM
what is worse manu looks like he lost all his confidence..................

Ginofan
05-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Ducks get over yourself seriously. We all know Manu has sucked, and have admitted such, there's no need to go running to every thread and announce the obvious.

MoSpur
05-01-2006, 09:56 AM
I understand. Everyone around me has asked, "did you watch the game? Man, I can't believe they lost." Its time to move on people is my answer.

ducks
05-01-2006, 09:57 AM
spurschick asked a question I answered it

spurschick
05-01-2006, 09:59 AM

Sort of. My main point was that people in the office think that diehard Spurs fans have all of the answers after a loss and I was wondering if others were experiencing the same thing I am.

Perhaps I could use this to my advantage and take a sick day. I don't think I could use the walk-out for immigration excuse. :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Try living in Houston and doing it. I've got Mavs fans asking me questions, a Rockets fan who will likely be laughing it up even though his team didn't even sniff the playoffs, and I can only imagine how it is for my poor wife at the moment.

But to answer the question, losing the games is much worse. I can always play the "We got three rings and you don't" card with my coworkers, but that thought is little comfort during the loss.

word
05-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Actually losing both games, or having everyone in the office come up to your desk asking "What happened?", "What's wrong with Manu?", "Do you think they'll bounce back?"... and my favorite, "Are you okay?" :lol

I'm going with A: Actually losing both games.

Ginofan
05-01-2006, 10:00 AM

No actually you didn't. She asked what was worse losing 2 games in a row OR having everyone come up to you. Just those two choice. She didn't ask what Manu looked like. Don't try to play it off. Just be happy that Tony played well, I am.

ducks
05-01-2006, 10:02 AM
I would rather have the w last night and tony was 1-50

word
05-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Fans going at each other. Not good, not good at all.

It's a three game series with two at home.

REMAIN CALM !!!

Hook Dem
05-01-2006, 10:07 AM
It's amazing what a little sleep will do for you! I was really pissed last night but I awoke this morning and realized that the series is tied at 2-2. That is not an indication that we have lost anything at all. Let's get it on and show the world that the Kings aren't gonna do that shit in our house.Spurs will recover and move on to the next round. :elephant

zocool16
05-01-2006, 11:01 AM
what's worse? being the biggest spurs fan and living in LA. that's worse

implacable44
05-01-2006, 11:07 AM

I guess this a downside of being an out-of-the-closet crazy Spurs fan. Everyone thinks you have all of the answers during a slump like this. If I did, I'd be sitting on the bench with a clipboard in my hand!

yeah try putting up with these past two games and be resident of the DFW Mark Cuban cronies and Mav fans - there is nothing but jubilee up here in hades.

spurofthemoment
05-01-2006, 11:33 AM

whats worse is 4 guys from ESPN picking the kings to upset the SPURS

ObiwanGinobili
05-01-2006, 11:34 AM
my phone was ringing all durign the 3rd & 4th qrt's last night - I refused to answer it. :lol

word
05-01-2006, 11:58 AM
I offer this hope. This type of thing can be good. During the Rose Bowl my buddy in Washington, who's a big USC fan, called when they went up 12 to give me shit. I was pretty drunk by then and I just blurted out, 'I'll bet you $100 they come back and beat you.', which I really didn't believe. When they stopped 'em on 4th down I was stunned. He called me back BEFORE the final TD and conceded defeat.

Those are priceless sports moments. Just keep talking smack right back at 'em....the more the better, till the very fockin' end.

charmie21
05-01-2006, 12:48 PM
my uncleS called me just to say that the spurs lost.. and to make fun of me...... now that's effing irritating...

easjer
05-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Well, given that my two students from the DFW area just showed up . . . yeah, that would be 'B'. I had folks ask what happened and comment on the loss in the staff meeting, tease me later, and now the Mavs fans are mocking me.

I told them to shut it, or I'd make it look like they were selling sensitive information to third parties and give them failing grades. So now they have moved on to the much, much safer topic of the Texans and their bizarre draft picks.

I hate the losses, particularly when I'm up late for them, but it's the teasing and mocking and questions that put me into the really bad moods.

sanman53
05-01-2006, 01:12 PM
I placed numbers 1-16 in my dorm window so the entire campus can see them. After each win, I take down a number beginning with 16. At the end, when number 1 is taken down, a Spurs banner will be revealed. However, I am still stuck on 14. Everyone on campus is asking questions like, "Still 14 away, huh?" "You gonna make it past 10?"

easjer
05-01-2006, 01:24 PM
What bugs me is the need to validate the team. It's the worst part of living outside of SA. Because every team is gonna lose, you know? But I can't just point that out. I always have to come up with justifications, and after games like last night's it's really hard. Because I'm still angry about the loss, but if I express that, then I'm not supporting the team.

Thank God for SpursTalk. It's saving my sanity.

Gin N Juice
05-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Definately losing the 2 games.
I can deal with the office bandwagoners, they already think I'm a grouch so they just leave me alone....lmao

CAGE
05-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Having a Mavs fan as your Boss

Spurs Dynasty
05-01-2006, 02:12 PM
my phone was ringing all durign the 3rd & 4th qrt's last night - I refused to answer it. :lol

Yes, but i was going to tell you it is OK and try to cheer you up. Had several motivational addages ready... oh well.

Spurs Dynasty
05-01-2006, 02:15 PM
whats worse is 4 guys from ESPN picking the kings to upset the SPURS

Who? I wonder if Barkley is still behind us.

implacable44
05-01-2006, 02:20 PM
What bugs me is the need to validate the team. It's the worst part of living outside of SA. Because every team is gonna lose, you know? But I can't just point that out. I always have to come up with justifications, and after games like last night's it's really hard. Because I'm still angry about the loss, but if I express that, then I'm not supporting the team.

Thank God for SpursTalk. It's saving my sanity.

ummmh are those real??????ly yours?