PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Message To All Spurs Fans

GrandeDavid
05-01-2006, 10:09 AM
This is not your typical rally thread. I speak the truth and it is ON.

Now I haven’t seen one damn game in this opening series against Sacramento thus far, and not just because I’ve been working my ass off and, when not working, training like Lance for the upcoming Sao Paulo International Marathon on June 4th. No, for some cute reason ESPN Latin America has been intent on over-showing Lebron and flabby, slow-footed Shaq versus the defending champs.

But I’m coming home today. Did you feel that? I said I’M COMING HOME, and that means Manu and Co. will finally be able to get back down to business. After touching down at San Antonio International Airport around 10:30 AM (no rally necessary, guys, but thanks!), at around 11:00 AM Tuesday morning after rolling through the main entrance to my hood, after dropping off some Brazilian goodies for Capt. Hernandez of the local neighborhood patrol, I’m gonna roll by Manu’s crib, honk the horn of my long, phat Lincoln Town Car, hence signaling to the Argentine Sensation that Grande David is back in pocket. When Manu sees me smirking with my hair slicked back, chilling immensely in my blue leather interior, he’ll know that its time to get his game on.

Then after turning around in his driveway, I’m gonna flash my brights at Robert Horry’s house, and when he opens the shades to his living room and throws me the peace sign, I’m gonna hang out my car window, flash him an angry look and pump my fist in the air. Horry and Manu will know ITS ON…

I may roll by Van Exel and Oberto’s, and later when I go for a hard 15K training run and run up the hill by Fin’s crib, Mike will see me huffin it and know what guts is about….I'll definitely honk at Pop's new crib, two houses down from my folks, and let him know its okay to sanction some hard fouls on Artest and Wells.

But as I’ve already said, the good news is that I will park my ass in the AT&T Center for Game5, will hoot and holler and make my presence felt as I did recently for South American club champion Uberlandia, Brazil recently. Those are my guys. After a recent game against Ben Hur of Argentina, I received props from several Uberlandia players for keeping them pumped throughout the game. So, returning to San Antonio, when I down my first Shiner draft as a reward for my previously busted 1:04 15K run, I will be pondering where to watch Game6 and start looking ahead to Dallas. Hopefully Kori and LJ will have some sort of GTG as I’d love to befriend more Spurstalking heads other than The Mouse (my guy).

No, this series is technically far from over. But, really, it is. Trust me. I am not rolling up to the Alamo City from well below the Equator, getting my drink on in the plane and talking to some Brazilian shorties, to witness yet another home loss and laughingstock 8 seed ouster. And I’ll make it known that I don’t care how hot Sacramento has been since Artest has been in the purple shirt. The Spurs were here against Seattle in last year’s conference semifinals. They were there in the 2003 opening series against Phoenix. They were there in last year’s Finals against. Detroit. 2-2 is a tough line to toe. On the one hand, history favors you if you have home court advantage, on the other hand, a best 2 out of 3 is frighteningly close to an NCAA type “anything can happen” tournament.

But fear and loathe no longer, Spurs fans, I’m coming to town and I’m coming to watch Bowen find his defensive intensity. I’m coming to watch Manu and Tony floss and fly through that stacked Kings interior defense (or at least shoot over it and tickle the twine for once). I’m coming to watch Tim Duncan utterly carry this franchise in Game5 while Nazr and, to a lesser degree, Rasho, hoot and holler alternately on the bench. I’m coming to watch Hail Barry and Finley stick threes and swanky passes. I’m coming to watch a timely full court press, some running and gunning and another 30+ point victory margin.

Did I mention that the Spurs are gonna win on Tuesday?

austinfan
05-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Boa viagem!

Ginofan
05-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Word GD...word. It would be great to see you again.

GrandeDavid
05-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Let's make it happen, Mandy. And, fellas, did I honestly forget to mention that Game5 is OOOOOOOOOER!? No more freakin losing in this series by the silver and black, I mean it!

GrandeDavid
05-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Now its been a rough sports week for me. I’ve had my ass kicked all over the place by the Astros in Cincinnati, what with Roy O’s historical franchise win streak against the Nati being broken….then there was the Texans dropping an iron anvil on my grill with the passing up of Reggie Bush. Then this with the Spurs. I’ve had it. The tide shall turn on Tuesday.

Go Spurs Go!!!!

ducks
05-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Gooooo Spurs

trueD
05-01-2006, 10:28 AM
GrandeDavid: Every team should have a fan such as this.

You are a true inspiration, Dude. :clap

Signed,

A Fan From The Other Side.

GrandeDavid
05-01-2006, 10:31 AM
Wow, thank you for the love, FormerMissUSA, and no disrespect intended to you or other Kings fans. Its all for fun! :)

Still, I'm looking for some lockdown D and an overdose of attitude. Championship pride and an unparalleled history of playoff wars by Duncan, Parker, Manu, Bowen etc. will shine through on Tuesday.

Okay, I'm being too prophetic. :lo

samikeyp
05-01-2006, 10:35 AM
we gotta go get some wings, brother.

GrandeDavid
05-01-2006, 10:42 AM
We shall. You name the place, I'll show up with some Montecristos and Cohibas, but keep that on the down low (as I announce this on a highly frequented sports site! LOL)

trueD
05-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Your Spurs fan forum is the best one I've been to.

If the sheer numbers of fans weren't appealing all by themselves it would be the passion of your fans and true sportsmanship of allowing other fans to voice their opinions.

Whether or not my Kings can overcome all odds and beat your Spurs in the first round, or you send us fishing...I will definitely be back. Your forum here has gained a b-ball fan who enjoys the pure joy of the sport without consideration of competition, though the competition seems to be working itself out in our series. Just can't discount the competition here!

Kudos to your forum! Kingsfans.com has got NOTHING on you guys. I'd WAY rather hang out here with the liberals. ;)

GrandeDavid
05-01-2006, 10:51 AM
FormerMissUSA, you are The Woman, and not just because you are presumbaly drop dead gorgeous, but I love your wonderfully positive attitude and friendly presence. Stick around, please!

D

trueD
05-01-2006, 11:07 AM
FormerMissUSA, you are The Woman, and not just because you are presumbaly drop dead gorgeous, but I love your wonderfully positive attitude and friendly presence. Stick around, please!

D :king

Definitely learning something more about the game by being here. You even got chicks who are oh-so-knowledgeable! Makes me proud.

I'm outta your thread now bro, have a great trip to S.A.

GrandeDavid
05-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks, Kings Queen!

And all you Spurs fans, I'll be back in this thread when I arrive at the Admiral's Club at Sao Paulo Guarulhos International Airport this evening. I hope to find more enthusiasm and will-to-win attitudes.

efrem1
05-01-2006, 12:01 PM
The Spurs need a quick trip to Manaus and get some Amazon mojo before the game. :elephant

GrandeDavid
05-01-2006, 12:09 PM
^Not a bad idea, but the problem is there's been a dengue outbreak in parts of Brazil, namely in parts of Minas Gerais, Mato Grosso and Amazonas, which is a virus transmitted through the bite of a female spotted mosquito, and it causes 7-15 days of fever and body aches. Get it twice and its possible that severe hemorrhaging could occur, which could lead to death. But good old fashioned insect repellant does the prevention trick.

efrem1
05-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Have a safe trip Grande. I wish I were at the ATT tomorrow and not here in SAcramento.

http://image03.webshots.com/3/5/93/72/559372_ph.jpg

GrandeDavid
05-01-2006, 01:00 PM
efrem, thanks for the well wishes, brother! Let's get a win on Tuesday!

SsKSpurs21
05-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Grande Bring Back Aish!!!

Lol

samikeyp
05-01-2006, 05:35 PM
We shall. You name the place, I'll show up with some Montecristos and Cohibas, but keep that on the down low (as I announce this on a highly frequented sports site! LOL)

hell yes....how long are you in town for?

GrandeDavid
05-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Mike, I'm in town for a few weeks before heading back to LA for business. I'm IMing you my cell phone number right now.

My friends, the Spurs did NOT disappoint last night, even when it was tied with around 3 minutes left! Still kept the faith!

Let's cheer em on together someplace in San Antonio for Game6!