PDA

View Full Version : GM Survey: 2005-06 Defensive Player of the Year

Pistons < Spurs
05-01-2006, 12:18 PM
http://www.nba.com/awards2006/gmsurvey_dpoy.html

May 1, 2006 -- Prior to the start of the 2005-06 season, NBA.com conducted its fourth annual survey of NBA General Managers, gathering predictions for the coming year.

Now, we’re re-visiting the survey, asking GMs, with the season now complete, who they think are the best in the game in regard to the six season ending awards, as well as the GMs' picks for Executive of the Year. We asked each GM to rank their top three in each category. We, then, awarded five points for a first-place vote, three for a second and one for a third to arrive at our totals.

Of the GM's who responded to our survey, here's who the guys that call the shots think should receive the hardware.

1. Ben Wallace -- 82 points
2. Bruce Bowen -- 57
3. Andrei Kirilenko -- 37
4. Ron Artest -- 13
5. Kobe Bryant -- 13
6. Alonzo Mourning -- 6
7. Dwyane Wade -- 5
8. Gerald Wallace -- 5
9. Shawn Marion -- 4
10. Tim Duncan -- 3
11. Josh Howard -- 3
12. Tayshaun Prince -- 3
13. Shane Battier -- 1
14. Marcus Camby -- 1
15. Josh Smith -- 1

Winnipeg_Spur
05-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Damn, if Artest keeps locking up Ginobili like he did in Games 3 and 4 then give him the fucking award. Well, obviously it's already decided so that's impossible, but so far Artest has been VERY impressive and I find it very hard to believe Bruce would've done a better job on Manu. I went into this thinking Bowen should be DPOY, but now I don't think I could really complain if he didn't get it...

Supergirl
05-01-2006, 02:09 PM
As Kori said in the Girls Got Game podcast, if Ben Wallace gets it this year, it is proof that the people who vote DON'T ACTUALLY WATCH BASKETBALL. It will mean that they go by stats alone, which always hurts Bruce. But you can't measure what Bruce does in the stat box. And you can't compare what he does to what Wallace does - this year more than any year. WHEN has Ben Wallace had to guard someone he gives up 4-5 inches to and do a credible job, as Bowen has done on Nowitzki and Bosh? To say nothing of what he does on Kobe, Ray Allen, Shawn Marion, etc, etc?

It's a good thing Bowen doesn't really care about this shit. But it's bullshit, and I'm pissed on his behalf.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-01-2006, 02:28 PM
As Kori said in the Girls Got Game podcast, if Ben Wallace gets it this year, it is proof that the people who vote DON'T ACTUALLY WATCH BASKETBALL. It will mean that they go by stats alone, which always hurts Bruce. But you can't measure what Bruce does in the stat box. And you can't compare what he does to what Wallace does - this year more than any year. WHEN has Ben Wallace had to guard someone he gives up 4-5 inches to and do a credible job, as Bowen has done on Nowitzki and Bosh? To say nothing of what he does on Kobe, Ray Allen, Shawn Marion, etc, etc?

It's a good thing Bowen doesn't really care about this shit. But it's bullshit, and I'm pissed on his behalf.

So true I no for a fact Bruce has kicked atleast two people in the head this year. That kind of stuff won't show up on your stat sheet. :madrun

Pistons < Spurs
05-01-2006, 03:07 PM
As Kori said in the Girls Got Game podcast

Speaking of which, I haven't seen the new ones posted anywhere? Did I miss them? Or have they not been released as of yet?

DarkReign
05-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Bowen should win it, but that doesnt mean Ben isnt deserving, dig?