PDA

View Full Version : Your game 5 predictions

polandprzem
05-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Greeting spurs fans!

I know I know that there is ducks with the "key to the game" thread but in here I started the new topic cause I would like to concentrate more on other then the tactic, aspects of the game. Game number 5 and also the series.

How do you think the 5th game is going to look like?
Momentum wise, psychologicly wise and concept wise?

Are the Spurs going to be back with a vengeance or again - they will be outplayed and outhusteled?

I'm sure they won't give up.
Sacto is making some tough mismatches but the spurs have to fight hard and be back with their own adjustments

In my opinion the spurs will be in a mission an Timmy will be coincentrated to the max, same Manu and to me it looks like he will go out and just be competing. As for Bowen? Well he has got no choice and must make his own statment versus more powerfull opponents.

Even though I can see the Spurs coming back to life I also can see the Kings having their game with all the momentum (Pop said it doesn't exsist in the playoffs:) ) plus they have nothing to lose as they step on the ATT floor.
They seems to be relaxed, having fun and smiling enjoyng the game of basketball. The've got their own chance and they will try to take na adventage of the last meetings.

Spurs lost their stability, but it is not the foirst time the do so, after a heartbreak loses they are droping another game. And as I remeber and whhat my expierance is saying - the spurs must to feel the preasure otherwise they too relaxed even if they prepare to the game perfectly there is something that not letting them fired up. And it is in their subconscious.

So now time to be ready. The playoffs is on and nobody will give antything for free. Once Jeff Van Gundy said that ther is no mercy in the PO and there shuold be no mercy.

So what do you think?
Who will keep the pace?
Who will be stronger mentally?
Which team , which player?

Game five is coming as fast as never.
go spurs go

NoMoneyDown
05-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Spurs win by at least 10.

boutons_
05-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Kings will continue to bring a energetic, active, aggressive game for the 4th game in a row. Why wouldn't they? They and their fans are excited and motivated, not regally bored, befuddled, lost, freaked out like the Spurs, esp Manu.

The Kings have the momentum and confidence. They have the Spurs looking weakened and knocked back on the their heels, and would love to knock the Spurs on their asses in Game5, then eliminate the Spurs in wild-assed, insanely loud Friday night @SAC.

The winner of Game5 goes on to win the series in a very high %age of the series.
See Spurs/Pistons Finals 05, see Spurs vs Sonics 05, see Lakers vs Spurs 04, etc.

Game3 was Spurs' chance to go 3-0 and win the series, they blew it.

Game5 is the Spurs' chance to go 3-2 to win the series thru HCA in 7 games.

I don't know what happened to the devastating, clicking, dominating, rolling, confident Spurs of Game1. They "switched on" for one game, got crazy lucky in Game2, and then went walkabout.

"A series doesn't start until one team wins on the road."

Game 5 is pretty much "win or go home" for the Spurs.

Ishta
05-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Spurs will slaughter the Kings.. It truly pisses me off that people have such short term memories about this team. The Spurs will win this series. Y'all best BELIEVE that.

MadDog73
05-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Spurs can win Game 5. They are due for a good game.

But I agree, if the Spurs do lose Game 5, it's over. Must win for Spurs.

nkdlunch
05-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Game 5 is gonna resemble game 1. And Game 6 game 3 with a better ending

BigVee
05-01-2006, 01:19 PM
I hear you about short term memory, but this time things look different. I recognize the close resemblance to the Seattle series, but this is much more bothersome. The players are looking at each other, they are looking at the refs, they have a look of bewilderment on their faces. Manu has the dear in the headlights look. I have never seen that before. Bowen looks whipped. Having said all that I think if they could just break through with one great play....a dunk by Manu, a block on Wells or Artest, something that could turn this mind set around, things will be okay. But, will that happen in game 5? Not so sure.

boutons_
05-01-2006, 01:21 PM
We have a 3 game series now, with Spurs having HCA.

If Kings nullify HCA with a win in Game5, they only have to win one of remaining 2 games. Spurs will have to win them both.

Ishta
05-01-2006, 01:21 PM
I hear you about short term memory, but this time things look different. I recognize the close resemblance to the Seattle series, but this is much more bothersome. The players are looking at each other, they are looking at the refs, they have a look of bewilderment on their faces. Manu has the dear in the headlights look. I have never seen that before. Bowen looks whipped. Having said all that I think if they could just break through with one great play....a dunk by Manu, a block on Wells or Artest, something that could turn this mind set around, things will be okay. But, will that happen in game 5? Not so sure.
IT WILL. Just Believe!

Rummpd
05-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Spurs win but it will be a dogfight. 98-93.

angel_luv
05-01-2006, 01:26 PM
The Spurs will win and keep me employed. :tu :)

( My job at the AT&T Center ends when our run in the play offs does.)

:cheer Go Spurs Go! :cheer

SAGambler
05-01-2006, 01:35 PM
I think game 5 is going to be another tough one. The Kings now have reason to believe they can win this thing. Game 3 was a killer...If we win that, it was probably over last night. But now they have hope, and unless we find them all coming down with food poisoning, or Miller and Wells start throwing up bricks again, the Spurs are in for a tough game Tuesday.

Spurs seem to have no answer for their offensive rebounding. Any time a team gets to put up and extra 10 or 15 shots, chances are they are going to win.

The key is to get them down early and get them down big early. Make them start playing catch up ball. The longer the Spurs let them keep it close, the worse off they are.

They need to drive right at Artest and Wells early and try to get them in foul trouble. Same for Miller, although he has a lot of off nights shooting.

Oh, and maybe someone should inform them that this kid Martin CAN shoot the ball and to quit leaving him wide open. Oh, and don't foul him either thinking he will "brick" it.

Leetonidas
05-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Spurs are going to annihilate the Kings. All hell is going to break loose. Expect big games from Tim, Tony, Manu, Barry, and Finley.

RON ARTEST
05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Spurs are going to annihilate the Kings. All hell is going to break loose. Expect big games from Tim, Tony, Manu, Barry, and Finley.
isnt that what some of you said before last nights game? :lol

MadDog73
05-01-2006, 01:52 PM
isnt that what some of you said before last nights game? :lol

Even more reason to believe it will happen tonight.

How many bad games can the Spurs play in a row? I mean, seriously, do any King fans expect to kick the Spurs ass in the at&t center?

Vashner
05-01-2006, 01:52 PM
All we have to do it defend home court to win the series...

Supergirl
05-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Here's my hope:
Pop will make adjustments to D:
Bowen on Wells, Parker and Manu can't guard him.
Parker on Bibby.
Manu will find ways to break free of Artest and score 20+ points, like he did in Game 1, and he will be able to contain Kevin Martin.
Spurs bench (Barry, Horry, Finley) will score 30+ points.

If we do all this, and Duncan has a decent (doesn't have to be spectacular, but it has to at least be decent, and he has to stay out of foul trouble) game, WE WILL WIN.

And I think we will.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Spurs blow out Duncan scores 30 and Artest gets a T.

JamStone
05-01-2006, 02:17 PM
I haven't seen the last two games between Sacramento and San Antonio. So, I'm just curious, is Bruce Bowen defending Bonzi Wells? And, what is Bonzi Wells doing that the Spurs can't stop? I sincerely want to know because I haven't watched the games.

Mixability
05-01-2006, 02:19 PM
My prediction:

Manu shows up for work.

The immigration boycott is only for today, right? :lol

polandprzem
05-01-2006, 02:25 PM
I haven't seen the last two games between Sacramento and San Antonio. So, I'm just curious, is Bruce Bowen defending Bonzi Wells? And, what is Bonzi Wells doing that the Spurs can't stop? I sincerely want to know because I haven't watched the games.

Bowen is pretty much on everybody. And even when he is put on Bonzi he can''t handle him - normal Bowen problems with bigger and more athletic players.

timvp is saying put Bowen on one player and that is more logical even though Pop used to switch Bowen from player to player in some games. Bruce was guarding Miller in one streach...

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-01-2006, 02:26 PM
SPURS WIN BIG!! :tu

FreshPrince22
05-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Bonzi: The First guard in playoff history to record a 30/30.
Artest: 40/14/12/15/12 The ever elusive quintuple double.
Bibby: 52 points and 12 assists on 20-20 shooting.

Spurs win by 36.

mabber
05-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Spurs will win game #5. They will play the game like it's a must win and will win going away IMO.

SAtown
05-01-2006, 03:13 PM
I won't make any predictions, because everytime I do, I'm wrong. You can't predict anything, cuz when tip off comes, it's a whole new game. Game 4, Ron Artest in extremely early foul trouble, and the Spurs couldn't do anything to exploit it. You'd think that if he was in that situation, the Spurs would kill them.
Anyways, all I know is that Game 6 is even more important.

Kori Ellis
05-01-2006, 03:15 PM
I think Tim Duncan will see the ball a lot more.
I think the Spurs bench will show up again.
I think Manu will have his best all around game of the series (but I thought that in game 4 too :lol)
I think Bonzi will have less than 10 rebounds.

FromWayDowntown
05-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Bonzi Wells sets an NBA playoffs record for offensive rebounds in a game, Bibby goes 8-9 from behind the arc, Artest holds Manu to a Starks-like 1-14, and the Kings win by 42.

:down:

RON ARTEST
05-01-2006, 03:34 PM
manu scores 3 points on 1-4 shooting and everytime he sees Artest he runs and hides. :lol

Rescueone
05-01-2006, 03:59 PM
The Spurs will finally learn the art of "BOXING OUT" and win by 14.

ALVAREZ6
05-01-2006, 04:29 PM
The Spurs losing streak continues.