PDA

View Full Version : Why do Spurs fans hate the Mavericks?

mabber
05-01-2006, 05:01 PM
I've read several posts about how much some of you really hate the Mavs. Out of curiosity (of a Mavs fan) why is that? Is it mostly cuz of Mark Cuban? I can understand that as I don't think I'd like him much if he didn't own the Mavs. I just don't see many (if any) of their players drawing hate (like Kobe for example).

I want the Mavs to beat the Spurs more than anything but I really have a hard time disliking most of the Spurs and I just thought it would be that way toward the Mavs for Spurs fans. I think the Mavs are very similar to the Spurs in that they have a lot of good guys on their team.

Anyway, just trying to understand an outside point of view of the Mavs.

G-Nob
05-01-2006, 05:02 PM
you have to have at least 150 posts to even be acknowledged.

DarrinS
05-01-2006, 05:04 PM
We don't hate the Mavericks. They are like our little brother.

timvp
05-01-2006, 05:04 PM
http://www.realityblogs.com/archives/06-04-2004_benefactor.jpg

mabber
05-01-2006, 05:05 PM
you have to have at least 150 posts to even be acknowledged.

Just a simple question, what does the number of my posts matter? Have I missed something?

mabber
05-01-2006, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=timvp]
http://www.realityblogs.com/archives/06-04-2004_benefactor.jpg[/QUOTE

Understandable...I hate that too :lol

Kori Ellis
Just a simple question, what does the number of my posts matter? Have I missed something?

No, he's just being sarcastic.

A lot of Spurs fans actually like the Mavs this season because Avery was there. In the past, the Mavs were the opposite of the Spurs -- a gimmicky offensive team who didn't play any D.

Mixability

Your team has to be at least a "has been" before your fans talk smack. Your team is now currently a "never was".

mabber
05-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Your team has to be at least a "has been" before your fans talk smack. Your team is now currently a "never was".

I'm not talking smack, just asking a question.

GoSpurs21
05-01-2006, 05:09 PM
I dislike the mavs, aj, cuban and mavs fans in general because you all act like you are entitled to the championship rather than wanting to work hard for it. And all the excessive whining about the refs that comes out of anything related to the mavs.

IX_Equilibrium
05-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Although I a die hard Spurs fan, I like the Mavs. Of course, I can never root for them, but I like them.

Mixability
05-01-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm not talking smack, just asking a question.

and your teams fans need to know how to comprehend a simple sentence.

I said your fans, not YOU. :lol

mabber
05-01-2006, 05:14 PM
I dislike the mavs, aj, cuban and mavs fans in general because you all act like you are entitled to the championship rather than wanting to work hard for it. And all the excessive whining about the refs that comes out of anything related to the mavs.

Yeah, Cuban used to complain alot about the refs, it even annoyed me.

Who is "you all" in the "entitled to the championship" statement?

GoSpurs21
05-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah, Cuban used to complain alot about the refs, it even annoyed me.

Who is "you all" in the "entitled to the championship" statement?mavs, aj, cuban and mavs fans in general

MissAllThat
05-01-2006, 05:22 PM
I actually asked myself this question the other day and came up with several answers, so here ya go:

1.) I don't really hate the Mavs, just their fans.
2.) It's not hate as much as it is an in-state rivalry ala Texas vs. A&M in which I wish you well when we're not playing (or don't care much either way), but when we are I kind of hope my team wipes the floor with yours.
3.) Mark Cuban is a moron. Actually he's a marketing genius in terms of the Mavs, but as a person he's just annoying and his TV show is/was retarded.
4.) Back to the fans: the mavs have never won anything. Being the champs of the regular season or first couple rounds means nothing. There are no championship banners hanging in Dallas, no finals appearances to reference, etc. Your fellow fans need to just shut up and stop judging every other team in the league. Most Mavs fans talk so much trash it makes me sick. SA has 3 titles. That's right 3, and yet I don't go and insult every other team in the league. I know basketball, and unlike many Mavs fans, I know my team's history.
5.) Which brings me to, I hate the fact that a lot of the current mavs "fans" only started following the team when Cuban bought them and they became good i.e. 2000ish. They know nothing about basketball or even their team's past. They make comments like "we have to have won at least 1 championship once, like maybe back in the 80s, i mean every team that doesn't completely suck has one." Hmm well Dallas doesnt, so I guess they suck.
6.) The lack of D and constant mention of how SA plays boring basketball. No, we don't play BORING basketball, we just play defense and win games. I know, its hard to understand, but I'll take the ring over this supposed "fun" basketball any day.
7.) Dirk looks like a goat. Ok, this might be the worst reason of all, but he does and I just cant get over that. That and Dallas' dirty basketball circa the Juwan Howard days and back when Eduardo Najera (king of dirtyness) was on the team are 2 things I just can't get over.

So, I don't necessarily hate the Mavs. I just hate most of their fans. I've actually finally found some (well 1) who isn't a complete moron, was a fan (and I mean actually a fan, not one of those people who casually watched Dallas but an actual fan) back when they sucked (i.e. most of his life). So now I can kind of respect like 1/100 of the Mavs fans. I guess there are some semi-decent ones afterall.

mabber
05-01-2006, 05:28 PM
mavs, aj, cuban and mavs fans in general

Still trying to understand the "entitled" statement. How do the Mav fans, Mav players, Cuban or AJ think they are entitled to anything...much less a NBA championship? In other words, how do they do that in your mind?

I am not messing with you, just really trying to understand why so many people (not just Spur fans) dislike the Mavs.

DarrinS
05-01-2006, 05:29 PM
http://www.cadenhead.org/workbench/gems/steve-nash-dirk-nowitzki-drunk-drunk-drunk.jpg

Despot
05-01-2006, 05:31 PM
We don't hate the Mavs, it's the mavs fans that we find annoying. Kinda like your little brother always wanting to hang around you, or trying to challenge you.

samikeyp
05-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Personally...I don't use hate in sports. I don't root for the Mavs mainly because they are a divisional rival and my loyalties lie with the Spurs. I think Cuban has done a great job revitalizing that franchise but I don't appreiciate his attacks on the city of San Antonio and Spurs fans.

mabber
05-01-2006, 05:35 PM
I actually asked myself this question the other day and came up with several answers, so here ya go:

1.) I don't really hate the Mavs, just their fans.
2.) It's not hate as much as it is an in-state rivalry ala Texas vs. A&M in which I wish you well when we're not playing (or don't care much either way), but when we are I kind of hope my team wipes the floor with yours.
3.) Mark Cuban is a moron. Actually he's a marketing genius in terms of the Mavs, but as a person he's just annoying and his TV show is/was retarded.
4.) Back to the fans: the mavs have never won anything. Being the champs of the regular season or first couple rounds means nothing. There are no championship banners hanging in Dallas, no finals appearances to reference, etc. Your fellow fans need to just shut up and stop judging every other team in the league. Most Mavs fans talk so much trash it makes me sick. SA has 3 titles. That's right 3, and yet I don't go and insult every other team in the league. I know basketball, and unlike many Mavs fans, I know my team's history.
5.) Which brings me to, I hate the fact that a lot of the current mavs "fans" only started following the team when Cuban bought them and they became good i.e. 2000ish. They know nothing about basketball or even their team's past. They make comments like "we have to have won at least 1 championship once, like maybe back in the 80s, i mean every team that doesn't completely suck has one." Hmm well Dallas doesnt, so I guess they suck.
6.) The lack of D and constant mention of how SA plays boring basketball. No, we don't play BORING basketball, we just play defense and win games. I know, its hard to understand, but I'll take the ring over this supposed "fun" basketball any day.
7.) Dirk looks like a goat. Ok, this might be the worst reason of all, but he does and I just cant get over that. That and Dallas' dirty basketball circa the Juwan Howard days and back when Eduardo Najera (king of dirtyness) was on the team are 2 things I just can't get over.

So, I don't necessarily hate the Mavs. I just hate most of their fans. I've actually finally found some (well 1) who isn't a complete moron, was a fan (and I mean actually a fan, not one of those people who casually watched Dallas but an actual fan) back when they sucked (i.e. most of his life). So now I can kind of respect like 1/100 of the Mavs fans. I guess there are some semi-decent ones afterall.

Ok, I guess I just haven't been around all these Mav fans that say all of this stuff. If that's the case then it's totally understandable that there would be a strong disliking of the fans. I really dislike fans like that as well and you can tell a lot about a person/fan just by the way they answered this question. Thanks for being honest!

For the record, I've been a Mav fan since day 1 (yes, I'm old - 43 years old). I don't know any Spur fans other than the ones I've read on this board the last few days. And yes, from my experience most Mav fans are fairly clueless about hoops in general, but I think that's the case with most fans from any team. Of course the people on forums like these are gonna know more about hoops than the casual fan.

Coyote
05-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Cuz They Are The Mavs... Is That Not Enough Of A Reason.. Only Thing That Saves You Guys Is Aj

Spurs Dynasty
05-01-2006, 05:58 PM
I've read several posts about how much some of you really hate the Mavs. Out of curiosity (of a Mavs fan) why is that? Is it mostly cuz of Mark Cuban? I can understand that as I don't think I'd like him much if he didn't own the Mavs. I just don't see many (if any) of their players drawing hate (like Kobe for example).

I want the Mavs to beat the Spurs more than anything but I really have a hard time disliking most of the Spurs and I just thought it would be that way toward the Mavs for Spurs fans. I think the Mavs are very similar to the Spurs in that they have a lot of good guys on their team.

I lived in Richardson for 13 years - I am a diehard Spurs fan, but do not hate the Mavs team. Mark Cuban is a POS, but the team is OK and we love Avery. I engage in good humored teasing of your team, but fact is if we can't have the title I want it to go to the Mavs.

Good luck on round one (only :lol )

makedamnsure
05-01-2006, 06:29 PM
I could stand the Mavs before I moved to the Dallas area but now that I'm here, I hate them, mostly because I just can't stand Dirk and because Mavs fans are just annoying as hell

SpurYank
05-01-2006, 06:41 PM
I actually pull for the Mavs if both the Spurs and the Rockets are out of the playoffs. Doesn't mean I like them, though. I think I pull for them because I remember when they gave up on the Chapparals, who became our Spurs.

I will be forever grateful.

mavsfan1000
05-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Because of me. :lol

ducks
05-01-2006, 06:50 PM
cuban and his big mouth
aj and his big mouth
cuban and his 20 assist coaches

Leetonidas
05-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Because of me. :lol

That sums it up.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-01-2006, 06:55 PM
I dislike the mavs, aj, cuban and mavs fans in general because you all act like you are entitled to the championship rather than wanting to work hard for it.

same can be said for Spurs fans

talking about a Pistons-Spurs finals series and yet they arent even safely out of round 1 yet

what makes the Spurs fans and Players think they have a right to the championship without even working for it?

and im not generalising, i know its only SOME spurs fans that talked about the finals already

baseline bum
05-01-2006, 07:28 PM
http://www.ticketsconcertssports.com/spurspic1201b.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1315000/images/_1315514_anderson150.jpg

Fuck Dallas Forever

Spurologist
05-01-2006, 07:51 PM
The mvp of the dallas-memphis series is Keith Van Horn

spurs=bling
05-01-2006, 07:53 PM
i hate them because of cuban. and i hate mavs fans because my uncle is a mavs fan, there i give you my reason

Cant_Be_Faded
05-01-2006, 07:55 PM
I hate Mark Cuban, not the mavericks. I think Dirk is a soft sissy, but I don't hate him.

And I really like Desagana Diop. I liked him better when he was horribly overweight though.

Oh yeah, and alot of their fans are fairweather LA-esque fans...my friend has courtside season tix to the Mavs and said every time he goes to a game there are different people all around him each time....and they're always talking to each otehr too, never focused on the game...alotta chicks that don't even know what a turnover is, he said..

Leetonidas
05-01-2006, 08:27 PM
http://www.ticketsconcertssports.com/spurspic1201b.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1315000/images/_1315514_anderson150.jpg

Fuck Dallas Forever

That too.

MissAllThat
05-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah the DA incident helps. Thats why i mentioned dirty play with Howard and Najera.

Hook Dem
05-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Ok, I guess I just haven't been around all these Mav fans that say all of this stuff. If that's the case then it's totally understandable that there would be a strong disliking of the fans. I really dislike fans like that as well and you can tell a lot about a person/fan just by the way they answered this question. Thanks for being honest!

For the record, I've been a Mav fan since day 1 (yes, I'm old - 43 years old). I don't know any Spur fans other than the ones I've read on this board the last few days. And yes, from my experience most Mav fans are fairly clueless about hoops in general, but I think that's the case with most fans from any team. Of course the people on forums like these are gonna know more about hoops than the casual fan.
Good post! And it's obvious that you're not a troll. You are welcome at this board. Everyone is gonna pull for their team. You can't fault anyone for that. We just happen to be Spurs fans and enjoy good basketball discussion. If we can't make it, good luck to the Mavs! However, I think we will be standing in your way once again. Just my honest opinion.

td4mvp21
05-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Because the fans seem to think they have the everlasting right to talk crap to us, when they have not won an NBA title YET. It's kind of ridiculous actually. The players seem to act like they are better than us too. It's just a rivalry for me. Nothing more or less.

DDS4
05-01-2006, 09:16 PM
I like Dallas as a team, I like the coach.

Can't stand their fans and their owner.

Old School Chic
05-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Because they think there the shit...

word
05-01-2006, 09:18 PM
I've read several posts about how much some of you really hate the Mavs. Out of curiosity (of a Mavs fan) why is that?

Too close to Oklahoma.

stubbs121
05-01-2006, 10:13 PM
I think your reasons for hating the Mavericks ("their fans are annoying") could go the same way for reasons why many people dislike the Spurs. If you ask Mavericks fans why they dislike the Spurs, you will probably get the same response. "Spurs fans are annoying and cocky. Most of them don't even know their team's history. A lot of their fans don't know what's going on in games." It's the same for every rivalry. I just don't understand how some Spurs fans can act like they have already won the championship when they're having enough trouble with the Kings.

My personal opinion for the reason why Spurs fans dislike the Mavericks is because they feel threatened that a good team like the Mavericks might get in their way of a championship, and the Mavericks dislike the Spurs because they feel threatened a good team like the Spurs might get in their way of a championship.
Why would you even take the time to dislike the Mavericks so much if you didn't feel at least a little bit threatened?

I'm a Mavs fan, yes, but I respect the Spurs for their past championships. They are a good team, and if you say the Spurs are not getting enough respect, you are wrong. Spurs get PLENTY of respect from the media.

nkdlunch
05-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Sfuckhouse

JHoLove
05-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Sfuckhouse

You'd be suprise the amount of Mavs fans who agree with you.

ponky
05-01-2006, 10:32 PM

I REALLY dislike the Spurs and some of their fans so I can understand the other p.o.v. coming from Spurs fans. I still like Finley though.

ponky
05-01-2006, 10:39 PM
You'd be suprise the amount of Mavs fans who agree with you.

I wouldn't be one of them, he was 50% FG, 19 and 5 tonight, 6-6 FTs, nothing wrong with those numbers. Everyone has an off night and Stack's had his but so has Nowitzki so I'm not judging. I hate when fans rag on one or two players who actually contribute, maybe not to the extent of the top three players on the team but they are still positive contributors.

kalikot_boy_kr
05-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Cuban Cuban!!!!! Cuban!!!! Cuban!!!!!!!

Brutalis
05-01-2006, 10:42 PM
I don't hate em, just don't like em.

CubanMustGo
05-01-2006, 10:58 PM
1. Cuban
2. Flavor-of-the-month unis. Remember last year's one-game grey numbers? And this year's alternate greenies are hideous.
3. Cuban
4. See 1 and 3.

ponky
05-01-2006, 11:11 PM
1. Cuban
2. Flavor-of-the-month unis. Remember last year's one-game grey numbers? And this year's alternate greenies are hideous.
3. Cuban
4. See 1 and 3.

I am not crazy about Cuban either, he's a wananbe who needs to be a bit more in the shadows sometimes but c'mon UNIS?!?!?!?! What team doesn't have multiple unis these days other than the Spurs? The grey's were hideous but the green P Diddy unis are very SWeeT.

JHoLove
05-01-2006, 11:19 PM
I wouldn't be one of them, he was 50% FG, 19 and 5 tonight, 6-6 FTs, nothing wrong with those numbers. Everyone has an off night and Stack's had his but so has Nowitzki so I'm not judging. I hate when fans rag on one or two players who actually contribute, maybe not to the extent of the top three players on the team but they are still positive contributors.

The difference is the other players don't have 2 months of off-nights. But you're right when he doesn't have his 8 turnovers a game... I think his contributions are vital.

agreed.

samikeyp
05-01-2006, 11:24 PM
I think you raise good points Stubbs and to be fair...

My personal opinion for the reason why Spurs fans dislike the Mavericks is because they feel threatened that a good team like the Mavericks might get in their way of a championship, and the Mavericks dislike the Spurs because they feel threatened a good team like the Spurs might get in their way of a championship.
Why would you even take the time to dislike the Mavericks so much if you didn't feel at least a little bit threatened?

that could cut both ways also. Some Mavs fans could see the Spurs as a threat to what they have wanted to accomplish over the years. (not all of course because I couldn't know for sure...just like I am sure you meant some Spurs fans and not all)

Its a rivalry and with some fans on both sides....common sense is let go. For the most part though, its a pretty good rivalry.

rwb
05-01-2006, 11:48 PM
I just can't stand Cuban. Why TV has to show his every reaction during a game is beyond me. I also don't like Dirk. He's a great player and all, but I guess I just picture him torturing prisoners in WWII saying things like, "Vee haf veys off mekking you talk..."

Trainwreck2100
05-01-2006, 11:50 PM
There was one time this year these Mavs fans came from another board and then, talked all kinds of shit pissed me off

stubbs121
05-02-2006, 12:14 AM
So let me get this straight: Let's hate Dirk because he's German. By being German, that makes him a Nazi. Let's hate Mark Cuban because of his tv show and enthusiasm.
Can't we all talk about Dirk as a basketball player and not judge him based on his looks/origin? I don't judge Parker for being French.
And Mark Cuban's enthusiasm may seem overboard and annoying to some Spurs AND Mavericks fans, but there's lots of people, including me, who are grateful for turning around the franchise. He is an owner who also happens to be a fan, and I would probably act the same if I was the owner of my favorite basketball team.

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Let's hate Mark Cuban because he's an annoying prick

fixed it for you

Macabbi4aYear
05-02-2006, 02:47 AM
Why do people hate the NY Yankees? Their owner is an asshole. He lavishes money on his players in ways that other teams can't afford. He keeps himself in front of the cameras and microphones WAY too much. He bitches and whines whenever he loses, and seems to think that all the other teams should just lay down in front of the Mighty Yankees. His players (some of them at least) are prima donas who have a lot of the same qualities.

Sound familiar?

Now...why do people like the Yankees? They win. A lot of people are willing to overlook anything, and jump on the bandwagon with a winner. They like being able to say at the beginning of the season, "My team is going to win it all this year" and then tell everyone what geniuses they are when it comes true. Their attitude becomes, "George may be an asshole, but he's OUR asshole." And they tell the other fans that the REAL reason they hate Yankee players is because they are so much better than the players on their own teams. They get to call everyone else losers.

Until Mark Cuban actually creates a dynasty...hell, until he manages to win the West...the Mavs are going to get punked by everyone outside the Dallas metro area. Not just Spurs fans.

East Coast Babe
05-02-2006, 02:55 AM
I can understand your comments about Cuban. He is not my favorite person either. But, if you look at what he is complaining about, sadly, most of the time he is right! Maybe that can make one hate him, I don't know.

I have NEVER understood why Dirk is called "soft". He is anything but. It seems like he gets better every year! He is playing the best ball ever this year, and he likely will be better next year. After listening to coaches around here, they plead with their teams to make sure you know where Nowitzki is!! That doesn't sound like a soft player to me. That sounds like a dangerous player! Maybe you don't like him because he is a hazard to your team? I worry about Nowitzki myself! If we aren't careful he will get an open shot and drain it. Don't want him to get too many of those, if any.

I do have to say, both teams fans are cocky to me. But then, we got some of those too. I don't think I hate either team or their fans.

toosmallshoes
05-02-2006, 03:02 AM
Mavs fans make me mad because they wear too much "product" in their hair, and they have better cars than most of us who live in the San Antonio area because Dallas is the Los Angeles of Texas... and they desperately want the Spurs to lose because they are tired of watching them win. The fake humanity and the jealousy of Dallas fans really turns me off. Go Spurs becaus Mavs fans, although desperately hungry to win a championship, are snotty brats in the veign of the "Lakers Fan". small city vs. BIG CITY. Boo Mavs. Go SPURS!!!

mabber
05-02-2006, 10:29 AM
I can understand your comments about Cuban. He is not my favorite person either. But, if you look at what he is complaining about, sadly, most of the time he is right! Maybe that can make one hate him, I don't know.

I have NEVER understood why Dirk is called "soft". He is anything but. It seems like he gets better every year! He is playing the best ball ever this year, and he likely will be better next year. After listening to coaches around here, they plead with their teams to make sure you know where Nowitzki is!! That doesn't sound like a soft player to me. That sounds like a dangerous player! Maybe you don't like him because he is a hazard to your team? I worry about Nowitzki myself! If we aren't careful he will get an open shot and drain it. Don't want him to get too many of those, if any.

I do have to say, both teams fans are cocky to me. But then, we got some of those too. I don't think I hate either team or their fans.

Well said, especially the part about Dirk being "soft" Anybody that thinks Dirk is soft is, for lack of a better word, ignorant. That's just what was said about him early in his career and people just repeat what they've heard w/o having a clue if it's true anymore or not. If you want an example of a "soft" player, look no further than Finley. I love the guy as he was a great Mav player for years but all he ever wanted to do is shoot fade away jumpers and would never rebound. The main reason (outside of money) that y'all have him is cuz he didn't fit into the "new look" Mavs. He was too soft.

Also, it's definitely true that there are a lot of Mav ticketholders that aren't hardcore Mav fans but that's just the way it's going to be in a city with 4 major sport franchises. San Antonio only has the Spurs so I would hope they'd have more, hardcore hoop fans than in Dallas.

pache100
05-02-2006, 10:43 AM
I don't hate the Mavericks...I hate the Lakers; I hate the Sonics; I hate the Nets; but not the Mavericks.

I love Avery and wish him well wherever he goes and whatever he does. I don't like Dirk Nowitzki, but I respect him and I think he should be MVP this year. I couldn't abide Nelson and I came pretty close to hating the Mavericks a couple of timeswhile he was coaching them. I am not a Steve Nash fan (but, like Dirk, I respect him...but that dot of respect moved to Phoenix with Steve); I guess that contributed to me not liking the Mavericks for a long time. I can't stand Jerry Stackhouse, either, and I don't even respect him. Mark Cuban can go take a flying leap in a rolling donut for all I care (but keep sending the Finley checks!). And Keith Van Horn, geez, don't get me started on that jerk. But, I do like Dampier, Howard, and Diop; I think Diop is one of the most potentially interesting players in the league right now.

But hate 'em? Nah. They're a nuisance. They drive me nuts. They're like a pesky fly buzzing around your ears. Some (but not all) of their fans are obnoxious idiots. But, I don't hate 'em.

:lol

mavsfan1000
05-02-2006, 10:54 AM
It sucks that Van Horn is coming back in the spurs series. :depressed.

pache100
05-02-2006, 11:00 AM
...but c'mon UNIS?!?!?!?! What team doesn't have multiple unis these days other than the Spurs?

Um, the Bulls? It's not a frickin' fashion show, for crying out loud. The uniforms should be utilitarian and functional. No need for "pretty". Hell, half the league has uniforms that would look a heck of a lot better on women than they do on those guys. Very prissy.

The grey's were hideous but the green P Diddy unis are very SWeeT.

Those green things P Diddy was responsible for are some of the ugliest things I have ever seen. All that fiasco told me is that P Diddy should keep his night job. Those uniforms suck.

nkdlunch
05-02-2006, 11:01 AM
http://www.joenetsfan.com/NetsSeason2000_2001/Gamex2000_2001Assets/Gamex76KeithFlower.gif

pache100
05-02-2006, 11:03 AM
So let me get this straight: Let's hate Dirk because he's German. By being German, that makes him a Nazi. Let's hate Mark Cuban because of his tv show and enthusiasm.
Can't we all talk about Dirk as a basketball player and not judge him based on his looks/origin? I don't judge Parker for being French.
And Mark Cuban's enthusiasm may seem overboard and annoying to some Spurs AND Mavericks fans, but there's lots of people, including me, who are grateful for turning around the franchise. He is an owner who also happens to be a fan, and I would probably act the same if I was the owner of my favorite basketball team.

Stop putting words in other people's mouths. That is not the reason I don't like Dirk. And that is certainly not the reason I don't like Mark Cuban. Those are pretty pathetic GUESSES, though.

pache100
05-02-2006, 11:06 AM
http://www.joenetsfan.com/NetsSeason2000_2001/Gamex2000_2001Assets/Gamex76KeithFlower.gif

:lol :spin :rollin :lmao

implacable44
05-02-2006, 11:08 AM

Actually I don't hate the Mavs - Dirk is my second favorite player - dude is money with that jumper and now he has somewhat of a post game -- where he posts up at the free throw line. I dislike the Mavs though because I live in Dallas and I am subject to the vomit that spews out of the radio and tv up here about the mavs. I have to listen ( read) to the Fish and his crew make excuses, pump up the mavs with their homerisms - the ticket jerk-offs - galloway all the clowns up here. I didnt like that crap when I was in San Antonio either but it seems to be worse up here.

Mark Cuban I hate -- he is an idiot - the thing is he likes to break down stats and point things out - but he doesn't do it about the mavs -- how dirk hooks with his elbow when he turns in - travels on his jumper to get his feet set - the refs that give the mavs the calls - it is all one-sided but the thing i hate about him the most is how he acts at games. especially home ones. he acts like he is in his living room watching the game and he constantly is telling the jumbotron operator to rewind plays on the screen - wait i guess he is kind of in his living room since he owns it - and it is his tv - well i guess i hate him because he has all that money then - bastard.

MadDog73
05-02-2006, 01:14 PM
I can't hate the mavs. They haven't done anything to warrant an emotional response.

stubbs121
05-02-2006, 10:26 PM
I just wish spurs fans can think of legitimate reasons to dislike (or "hate") the Mavericks. Like how I don't like the Lakers very much because they have a rapist as their best player. Hmmm...yea, I don't think I like that team very much. I like the Spurs. They are a great team and will certainly pose as a big challenge to the Mavericks. What I dislike about the Spurs are their fans, the owner, the players, the city, the water, the uniforms, the name, the arena, the nachos etc etc etc blah blah.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that disliking the Mavs' uniforms, their fans, the owner, and such could be used against the Spurs too.

Some Mavericks fans dislike the same things about the Spurs that some Spurs fans dislike about the Mavericks. It's a rivalry. Each side feels threatened. There.

Vingianx
05-02-2006, 10:36 PM

the animosity is mutual, spurs hate mavs for same reasons that you guys hate spurs

admack35
05-02-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm a Piston fan living in Florida. I love the Pistons first then basketball after that. I like Mark Cuban, Dirk, AJ, Timmie, etc.. The only time I hate Mark Cuban, Dirk, AJ, Timmie, etc.., is when they line up against Motown's Finest.

I even like some of the new unis they have and wished that every team would participate,( We are undefeated in our red jerseys but they really could be better).

I must also confess that I am not just the do-gooder as one might imagine because I HATE THE BULLS ALL THE TIME even in the off-season.

samikeyp
05-02-2006, 11:49 PM
I just wish spurs fans can think of legitimate reasons to dislike (or "hate") the Mavericks.
I see your point but people don't have to have a reason to dislike. I have to but that is just me. As I said for me, its all about them being a division rival and really its not a matter of dislike for other team as it is a liking for just the Spurs. To me, as long as the Spurs take care of business everything else will fall into place. Again...just my .02.