PDA

View Full Version : The Mavs will be well rested when they face us

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2006, 09:20 PM
lets just hope we still have enough energy to defend our home games. i think detroit got caught off guard goin from game 7 with miami and into game 1 with us a mere 48 hours later us. didn't have much time to prepare their game plan. I hope we dont get off guard in the opening games

exstatic
05-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Rusty. They won't be ready for us.

ducks
05-01-2006, 09:23 PM
dirk will be busy tasting german adult drinks not watching spurs vs kings

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Rusty. They won't be ready for us.

i hope so man

RON ARTEST
05-01-2006, 09:28 PM
damn they are already talking about dallas versus sacramento. :lol reggie miller was just talking about the bonzi josh howard matchup. do you guys ever get respect?

td4mvp21
05-01-2006, 09:29 PM
We haven't advanced yet you guys.

nkdlunch
05-01-2006, 09:30 PM
exactly, it's no time to worry about that yet. We still in the middle of our series

nkdlunch
05-01-2006, 09:31 PM
damn they are already talking about dallas versus sacramento. :lol reggie miller was just talking about the bonzi josh howard matchup. do you guys ever get respect?

yeah, when our boys are given their championship rings every couple of years

RON ARTEST
05-01-2006, 09:34 PM
yeah, when our boys are given their championship rings every couple of years
no im talking about from the wishy washy media. they are the biggest bandwagon jumpers i have ever seen. now everyone is talking about the kings.

SequSpur
05-01-2006, 09:38 PM
I have my doubts on whether the spurs are healthy enough to get by the kings.

1Parker1
05-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Damn, 8th seed in the WC is >>>>>>>>>5th seed. Mavs lucked out droppin to the 4th seed :smokin

1Parker1
05-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Shit, I just saw the final boxscore...does Memphis have no shame?! Losing 102-76 in a must win game. I don't get it. It's not like the Grizz were that bad of a team to have gotten swept yet again, was it the Mavs defense or what? :wtf I haven't followed that series closely

DDS4
05-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Umm....last I checked we haven't won our series yet.

Jimcs50
05-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Umm....last I checked we haven't won our series yet.

I think it is pretentious and presumptuous to even say "yet"

Amuseddaysleeper
well then if sac beats us in 6 or 7 and they face a well rested mavs team i hope they dont get caught off guard

pking
Shit, I just saw the final boxscore...does Memphis have no shame?! Losing 102-76 in a must win game. I don't get it. It's not like the Grizz were that bad of a team to have gotten swept yet again, was it the Mavs defense or what? :wtf I haven't followed that series closely

Mavs D was pretty good throughout the last 3 games of the series. Game 1, MEM shot a higher percentage but they weren't rebounding the ball.

Tonight, Memphis just gave up when it got tough. Mavs looked good, looked pretty determined, but alot of the size of the win was due to Memphis giving up.

greyforest
05-01-2006, 09:59 PM
I think it is pretentious and presumptuous to even say "yet"

no its not, get off your high horse

he's just saying for this thread's title to be relevant that would have to happen.

snowboarder
05-01-2006, 10:02 PM
focus = kings

Jimcs50
05-01-2006, 10:06 PM
no its not, get off your high horse

he's just saying for this thread's title to be relevant that would have to happen.

Hello?? I can not get off my high horse, it is Kentucky Derby week...he needs the workout.

DETROIT_PISTONS
05-01-2006, 11:04 PM
lets just hope we still have enough energy to defend our home games. i think detroit got caught off guard goin from game 7 with miami and into game 1 with us a mere 48 hours later us. didn't have much time to prepare their game plan. I hope we dont get off guard in the opening games

first your team has to win the Sacramento series... then you can think about Dallas..... :elephant

Mavtek
05-01-2006, 11:11 PM
"The Mavs will be well rested when they face us"

Correction!

The Mavs will be well rested if they face us

You guys better beat the Kings 1st before even contemplating Dallas.

ponky
05-01-2006, 11:15 PM
"The Mavs will be well rested when they face us"

Correction!

The Mavs will be well rested if they face us

You guys better beat the Kings 1st before even contemplating Dallas.

Yup, it's too early and too close to tell how the Spurs/Kings series is going to play out. While I expect the Spurs have the advantage because of the home court and will probably win the series, if the Kings win tomorrow, it's over. The Kings will not lose in Arco but I don't think they can win the seventh game if it gets that far...although, they can prove me wrong and I'd still be happy!

leemajors
05-01-2006, 11:16 PM
wells playing like he is is a nightmare matchup for the mavs too.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Mavs will be Rested, Rusty and not tested.

samikeyp
05-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Unless 2-2 suddenly means a series win.....this thing is not over. Let's get this series out of the way before we move on. :)

MI21
05-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Kings are a tougher matchup for the Spurs than the Mavericks.

If the Spurs are able to get past Sacramento, I expect them to have to play great basketball, whihc should mean they are on a nice little roll heading onto the Mavs..

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Kings are a tougher matchup for the Spurs than the Mavericks.

If the Spurs are able to get past Sacramento, I expect them to have to play great basketball, whihc should mean they are on a nice little roll heading onto the Mavs..

yeah spurs pussy up when physicality is involved which is why seattle had me worried for a bit last year. mavs aren't all that physical though that doesn't mean that series will be a walk in the playboy mansion

ponky
05-01-2006, 11:34 PM

I don't think so, that's not to say that the Kings wouldn't be a difficult opponent. I think you have to take every matchup between two teams as an isolated case to determine what potential problems may arise. The Kings are a very bad matchup for the Spurs and even when Wells scored thirty on us back in April we beat the Kings by 26 points. Home court advantage would help in that series but I still think the likelier outcome would be the Spurs getting past the Kings.

Mavtek
05-01-2006, 11:35 PM

http://www.nba.com/games/20060404/SACDAL/boxscore.html

Yea Wells kicked our ass in Garbage time!! He was kicking our ass good thing we were up 40.

:lol

ponky
05-01-2006, 11:43 PM
http://www.nba.com/games/20060404/SACDAL/boxscore.html

Yea Wells kicked our ass in Garbage time!! He was kicking our ass good thing we were up 40.

:lol

Haha, is that why he scored 30? I thought we were up around 40 on the Kings but I couldn't remember, this explains it. Thanks for posting that!

RON ARTEST
05-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Haha, is that why he scored 30? I thought we were up around 40 on the Kings but I couldn't remember, this explains it. Thanks for posting that!
regular season. the kings are 1-1 with Artest against you guys. playoffs is different. but i dont care about them. were playing the world champs.

ponky
05-02-2006, 01:02 AM
regular season. the kings are 1-1 with Artest against you guys. playoffs is different. but i dont care about them. were playing the world champs.

Regular season means something, especially when you're trying to analyze two teams that have changed rosters dramatically over the seasons. I'm not dissing your team, Bonzi is playing great ball these days BUT I think the matchup is much better for the Kings with San Antonio...take a look at the regular season games (Kings/Spurs) and you'll understand why. Haha, world champions, yeah ok, that only changes every year, this is not the FIFA World Cup!

Mavtek
05-02-2006, 01:04 AM

You're 1 and 1 but the 1 you won we were on a back to back, and at Arco and you barely got that one!