PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoff Product Declining IMO

SequSpur
05-01-2006, 10:02 PM
I as well as most of you all have been watching crap nightly. I like the fact that most of the series are very competitive.

But..........

I don't like the fact that the game has become who can get away with the most bullshit.

Whether its rebounding, traveling, fouling, pushing, etc... I'm sick of this shit. Teams with talent don't account for shit if they continue to allow this crap to go on. Lebron is allowed 4 steps. Artest is allowed to push, pull and grab. The Pistons are allowed to tackle the point guard. I'm sure there are other scenarios as well.

It's bullcrap.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-01-2006, 10:06 PM
I as well as most of you all have been watching crap nightly. I like the fact that most of the series are very competitive.

But..........

I don't like the fact that the game has become who can get away with the most bullshit.

Whether its rebounding, traveling, fouling, pushing, etc... I'm sick of this shit. Teams with talent don't account for shit if they continue to allow this crap to go on. Lebron is allowed 4 steps. Artest is allowed to push, pull and grab. The Pistons are allowed to tackle the point guard. I'm sure there are other scenarios as well.

It's bullcrap.

:lol :lol

Seriously though...

:lol :lol

timvp
05-01-2006, 10:06 PM
:cry

User Error.

This is playoff basketball.

Plain and simple.

If you can't handle it take up bowling.

SequSpur
05-01-2006, 10:07 PM
:cry

User Error.

This is playoff basketball.

Plain and simple.

If you can't handle it take up bowling.

the spurs might be taking up fishing in a few days.

greyforest
05-01-2006, 10:07 PM
well the thing about refs is that they have to call plays live and watch 10 people flailing arms and legs constantly for hours at a time. they are invariably going to have errors.

we need someone to invent some electronic sensors they have to wear or something.

greyforest
05-01-2006, 10:08 PM

i've seen spurs down at university bowl

true theres no refs to worry about there :fro

nkdlunch
05-01-2006, 10:08 PM
I agree these are some weird ass playoffs. Suspensions, Homo-Erotic performances on court, Mavs sweeping, Spurs struggling,etc, etc

But the champs are supposed to beat anyone.

SequSpur
05-01-2006, 10:09 PM
4 steps is 4 steps. Traveling is the easiest call in basketball. Also, when Duncan is in the post and he can't get the ball above his shoulders, it's usually because he is being held.

nkdlunch
05-01-2006, 10:09 PM

uhoh, here we go. The wagon is about to get lighter

PM5K
05-01-2006, 10:22 PM
I haven't been too happy with the playoffs either, too many fouls called.

I know the idea was to get defenders not to foul the player with the ball, which would make it easier for the offensive player to score, but there are so many fouls getting called that games seem disjointed, teams don't seem to go on runs as often, and I doubt points are up significantly, and even if they are it's not worth what we are forced to watch...

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-01-2006, 10:24 PM
I haven't been too happy with the playoffs either, too many fouls called.

I know the idea was to get defenders not to foul the player with the ball, which would make it easier for the offensive player to score, but there are so many fouls getting called that games seem disjointed, teams don't seem to go on runs as often, and I doubt points are up significantly, and even if they are it's not worth what we are forced to watch...

The NBA is turning into a sissy league.

RON ARTEST
05-01-2006, 10:25 PM

But..........

It's bullcrap.
doesnt bowen push pull and grab?

RON ARTEST
05-01-2006, 10:26 PM
wow your slowly starting to see the light arent you. first you said spurs in a sweep then spurs in 5. what next?

SequSpur
05-01-2006, 10:26 PM
doesnt bowen push pull and grab?

Actually, Bowen has his head stuck up his ass and should be suspended for perpetrating a DPOY.

ponky
05-01-2006, 10:29 PM

But..........

It's bullcrap.

This first round series is way more exciting than last year's first round even though the Mavs/Rockets series was an entertaining matchup in the first round last year. You want some cheese with that whine?

Cant_Be_Faded
05-01-2006, 10:35 PM
spurs are fucked, all they need to do is stay aggressive and rebound, yet they can't do it