PDA

View Full Version : I'm not as pessimistic about the spurs as I used to be

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Just thought I'd throw that out there

I think we'll get to the finals and I'm not worried about this team getting past the kings, mavs, or lakers en route to the finals

i really like these guys

I feel confident, more than I have been all season

Brutalis
05-01-2006, 10:46 PM
I honestly feel fire, and movement..

slayermin
05-01-2006, 10:49 PM
The Spurs need one clutch moment to propel them onward. I thought Barry's shot in game two might do it but it looks like we may need a Robert Horry dagger to slay the kings.

Amuseddaysleeper
yeah i mean i remember last year thinking we were fucked after game 1 loss to the nuggs then the spurs surprised me kicking their ass 4 times straight

then after game in seattle, we looked completely lost to how to respond to their phsyicality and yet we took them out in game and game 6

then with phoenix........well we just beat the fuck out of phoenix

and with detroit i thought it was over after game 4, then again after game 6, then again at halftime of game 7 as well as the end of the third, and the start of the 4th until we won.

so this season i'm not sweating sac one bit. i respect them, good young team, but i think SA just gets complacent a lot and I just have a good feeling that we're going to the finals

I'm already wearing a 2006 western conference champions shirt

i'd take a pic if i had a camera

J.T.
I'm not worried. I'm confident the boys will pull it off tomorrow. This game means everything, and they will have the focus, drive, effort and heart to secure the W.

Brutalis
05-01-2006, 10:51 PM
What sparked a spanking of the Sonics was that one retard saying "We dont give dem no respect. NONE"

That changed everything.

And the way Bonzi talked after game 4 in to the press.... I'm feeling another whooping.

Pistons < Spurs
05-01-2006, 10:52 PM

I think we'll get to the finals and I'm not worried about this team getting past the kings, mavs, or lakers en route to the finals

i really like these guys

LOL@Amused!

So during a regular season, in which you win a franchise record 63 games, you find yourself pessismistic about your teams chances.

And when they lose 2 games (almost 3 if not for Barry's 3 pointer) to a lowly 8 seed in the playoffs, your hopes and expectations start to rise? Odd time for your confidence to peak!!

too much!! :spin

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-01-2006, 10:58 PM
The Spurs will do it.

Sac might be getting cocky. I saw Bonzi saying something to the effect that they need to steal one here. Then he said well, I wouldn't even call it a steal.

The Spurs will take care of business Tuesday.
We need a wild crowd. :flag:

SANANTOJAMES
05-01-2006, 11:02 PM
I have no doubt the spurs will make it to the finals but they have to step it up

T Park
05-01-2006, 11:03 PM
to a lowly 8 seed in the playoffs

Quit it.

pking
05-01-2006, 11:04 PM

?

slayermin
05-01-2006, 11:05 PM
yeah i mean i remember last year thinking we were fucked after game 1 loss to the nuggs then the spurs surprised me kicking their ass 4 times straight

then after game in seattle, we looked completely lost to how to respond to their phsyicality and yet we took them out in game and game 6

then with phoenix........well we just beat the fuck out of phoenix

and with detroit i thought it was over after game 4, then again after game 6, then again at halftime of game 7 as well as the end of the third, and the start of the 4th until we won.

so this season i'm not sweating sac one bit. i respect them, good young team, but i think SA just gets complacent a lot and I just have a good feeling that we're going to the finals

Yeah, we are just beginning the good part of the ride.

http://www.coastergallery.com/SF/batSTL04.jpg

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2006, 11:05 PM
LOL@Amused!

So during a regular season, in which you win a franchise record 63 games, you find yourself pessismistic about your teams chances.

And when they lose 2 games (almost 3 if not for Barry's 3 pointer) to a lowly 8 seed in the playoffs, your hopes and expectations start to rise? Odd time for your confidence to peak!!

too much!! :spin

hahahahaha

i never realized that till you made think about it

i dont know, i just thought the spurs played without any heart or desire or sense of urgency during the regular season where in the playoffs they......well nevermind, that wasn't gonna be a good argument right there!

but still

i just smiled throghout the entire 4th quarter of game 4 and thought "we are gonna win this series" like i just KNEW it

and what did bonzi say after game 4?? anyone know?

DaSpurs#1
05-01-2006, 11:08 PM
yep the spurs can definately do it, the 3 time NBA Champs doesnt mean nothing... if and when we play a game thats true to the D, the teamwork, and the experience that we are known for then we will definately with out a doubt beat them come Tuesday... now i know that our crowd may not be the greatest but if the spurs let wither crowd affect them (whether home or away) then we wouldnt be where we were today...

Pistons < Spurs
05-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Quit it.

LOL......don't take it that way Tpark. As that's not how I meant it.

I'm Just emphasising the 1 vs 8 dynamics in which a #1 should typically win. Not trying to make any cute remarks on the Spurs performance or level of competition.

I'd be the first to say that if the Kings had Artest all year long, they'd easily be the 5th...or even 3rd seed.

T Park
05-01-2006, 11:14 PM
THey would've been the 2nd.

>Denver

IceColdBrewski
05-01-2006, 11:25 PM
I honestly feel fire, and movement..

Maybe next time you'll wear a condom.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2006, 11:34 PM
neither am I, spurs will lose in first round.....what so pessimistic about that? at least manu and tim will get some much needed rest.....not that is optimism.

well last time tim got rest he got PF

i think they should play in the summer league :lol

samikeyp
05-01-2006, 11:46 PM
I feel like someone who's team is tied 2-2 and has two of the next three at home.

Oh wait...:)

jmard5
05-01-2006, 11:57 PM
I would love to close every series via a sweep. But I guess, that's bull. That is day dreaming. That is what EA Sports' NBA Live 2006 is for.

I still believe Spurs can get to the conference finals and then to the championship.

It woudn't hurt to finish this series with a bang. Spurs, go dominate the Kings!

TVI
05-02-2006, 12:11 AM

i really like these guys

I feel confident, more than I have been all seasonI'll start to worry when they drop one at home.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-02-2006, 01:34 AM
Spurs just can't lose to the Kings, they can't. Losing to the Mavs would suck but at least they're a 60 win team and have been right there with the Spurs all year. No disrespect to the Kings intended, as they're much better than a "normal" 8 seed, but it would be a stigma attached to the franchise to lose in the first round, after winning 63 games... I don't want to hear about it all fucking summer. :cuss

Dre_7
05-02-2006, 01:37 AM

i really like these guys

Who says the Lakers are going to the WCF. Clippers have a very good shot at beating Kobe and the Lakers. That will be a fun series to watch.

trueD
05-02-2006, 02:08 AM
and what did bonzi say after game 4?? anyone know?
http://www.nba.com/kings/news/Postga...177784-58.html

Bonzi Wells
"I just try to hustle - that's all I can really do. We've got so many other guys that are so much better than me and I just try to fit in and get in where I fit basically - make the hustle plays, do the little things that guys may not want to do."

"It's just unbelievable sometimes when they chant your name. Look where I came from and how hard people have been on me over the years - it just feels great to be a part of something special."

"We just protected our home court the way they protected their home court. They won the first two games in their house and maybe we should've won one, maybe not - they probably feel the same way on our court. We've got to go down to San Antonio and get a victory. In order for us to win this series we've got to win on their home court so hopefully in Game 5 we can go down there and steal one. We might not even call it a steal - we know that we can play with this team and we can beat them."

"I'm going to give the effort - I don't know if I'm going to give 25 (points) and 17 (rebounds) every night but understand that I'm going to give a tremendous effort. I'm going to go out there and lay it on the line for the full 48 minutes. Getting hurt with a groin injury (during the season) was hard on me mentally but I'm glad that the organization was patient with me and a guy like Kevin Martin stepped in and played excellent. Now that I've gotten a chance to get back, I'm just happy with where I'm at right now."

Amuseddaysleeper
05-02-2006, 02:15 AM
props to bonzi then for those comments. i wish ANY of our players could come show some desire like that as oppose to the "yeah they kicked our butts wah wah" bullshit