PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Martin, a future Rip Hamilton?

Sacramental
05-02-2006, 01:21 AM
i can't stop thinking about how well kevin martin has played during this series so far, being left out of last year's playoff roster. he's doing whatever he wants out there. I dont know if it's him or the spurs defense, but I hope it continues. He really really reminds me of Rip Hamilton, the way he plays and moves without the basketball.

pizzalover
05-02-2006, 01:23 AM
i can't stop thinking about how well kevin martin has played during this series so far, being left out of last year's playoff roster. he's doing whatever he wants out there. I dont know if it's him or the spurs defense, but I hope it continues. He really really reminds me of Rip Hamilton, the way he plays and moves without the basketball.
ehh, I wouldnt go that far. also you are in the wrong forum, goto Kingsfans.com :lol. I know what you mean though, this forum is ten times kingsfans.com, I get half of my posts deleted by the dictator mod. I wouldnt be half surprised if this thread is deleted.

edit: I thought the thread would be deleted or moved since it is kinda in the wrong forum, probably should be in the general nba section.

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2006, 01:24 AM
His play reminds me of one slava medvedenko

J.T.
05-02-2006, 01:25 AM
I know what you mean though, this forum is ten times kingsfans.com, I get half of my posts deleted by the dictator mod. I wouldnt be half surprised if this is deleted.

If you dont want your shit deleted, not calling the mod a dictator would be a good place to start.

pizzalover
05-02-2006, 01:26 AM
If you dont want your shit deleted, not calling the mod a dictator would be a good place to start.
That is the first time I have dont it, I am talking about kingsfans.com not spurstalk.com. Also I never say anything bad, I really dont know why they do get deleted. She is just really strict.

Kori Ellis
05-02-2006, 01:26 AM
I can't take him seriously until he cuts his hair. :lol Just kidding.

He's doing a good job this series but he's still shooting sub-40%. How was he during the season? Did he slowly progress into a better player or has he been consistent? I know he averaged over 10ppg but I didn't watch enough Kings games to get a good look at him.

pizzalover
05-02-2006, 01:28 AM
I can't take him seriously until he cuts his hair. :lol Just kidding.

He's doing a good job this series but he's still shooting sub-40%. How was he during the season? Did he slowly progress into a better player or has he been consistent? I know he averaged over 10ppg but I didn't watch enough Kings games to get a good look at him.
The guy was doing piss poor at the start, then bonzi got injured and he shot off. getting consisten 20 point nights in some stretches

TDMVPDPOY
05-02-2006, 01:31 AM
dude has one good series and ur ready to overrate him, yeh his pretty good just like jerome james

Horry For 3!
05-02-2006, 01:31 AM
Kevin Martin hasn't missed from the ft line in the series. He is... 23 for 23

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2006, 01:34 AM
dude has one good series and ur ready to overrate him, yeh his pretty good just like jerome james

slava medvedenko

Kori Ellis
05-02-2006, 01:35 AM
In this series, he's done a great job getting to the line in two of the four games. I think he had 7 attempts in one game and 10 in another. And he hasn't missed a FT yet. That says a lot for aggressiveness.

I wouldn't deem him a future Rip Hamilton yet but it seems he has the makings of a good player. Before he got drafted, the reports were that he was turnover prone and too light to be a decent NBA player. From what I've seen, he doesn't turn the ball over that much.

pizzalover
05-02-2006, 01:36 AM
slava medvedenko
I wouldnt say kevin is a medvedenko, kevin could be a regular starter for the kings(very fast, and has a good, but weird shot). If bonzi leaves next year I wouldnt be surprised if kevin starts.

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2006, 01:37 AM
I wouldnt say that, he could be a regular starter for the kings(very fast, and has a good, but weird shot). If bonzi leaves next year I wouldnt be surprised if he starts.

you never saw slava vs the spurs in 03 then

Tigole Bitties
05-02-2006, 01:41 AM
This guy came out of nowhere -- Western Carolina? Is that NCAA Division I?

Yeah, I'll have to give "Kid" some props. He really stepped up in this series. That little bastard :)

Horry For 3!
05-02-2006, 01:42 AM
In this series, he's done a great job getting to the line in two of the four games. I think he had 7 attempts in one game and 10 in another. And he hasn't missed a FT yet. That says a lot for aggressiveness.

I wouldn't deem him a future Rip Hamilton yet but it seems he has the makings of a good player. Before he got drafted, the reports were that he was turnover prone and too light to be a decent NBA player. From what I've seen, he doesn't turn the ball over that much.
I just posted about his fts :lol

Kori Ellis
05-02-2006, 01:42 AM
I just posted about his fts :lol

Uh yeah, I know. I read it.

FreshPrince22
05-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Yea, I saw it last year when I saw him in limited time. He's got that strange release though that won't allow him to come around screens, raise, and fire before the D recovers as well as Rip, but he's got potential. Good slasher, cutter type player. Perfect for the Kings system.

Dude needs to lose the "fade" though. I mean, seriously.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-02-2006, 02:08 AM
On the fade, he looks like one of the guys from Bel Biv Devoe (sp?) circa 1991, or maybe an extra from Parker Lewis Can't Lose.

Have to say he was good for my fantasy team for the 6 weeks I had him while Bonzi was out.

Next year, if he starts consistently, will be the big test for him.

trueD
05-02-2006, 02:43 AM
Kevin Martin's shot is very unorthodox, and at the beginning of the season I think he was working on changing it, but to no avail. He kinda brings the ball up in front of his body (making the ball rather vulnerable to being picked) and shoots it from his left side. It's very hard to watch!

His atheleticism is his best asset, IMO. He will take the ball to the rack no questions about safety asked--and take the hit on defense in a second. Course, you guys have already seen all this shit. He's gonna be awesome(er).

He was our 24th draft pick two years ago.

Here's a link to his NBA profile, for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.nba.com/draft2004/profiles/KevinMartin.html

Solid D
05-02-2006, 05:13 AM
Martin has helped the Kings' defense of the passing lanes, something they have missed since the days of Doug Christie. His anticipation (or study?) of the Spurs' passes to the wings has led to several easy baskets including two inbounds passes from Ginobili and Bowen.

I'd classify Martin as more of a slasher than Rip Hamilton. They both have perpetual motion to their game. Rip is more of a pure shooter who is at his best curling off screens for jumpers.