PDA

View Full Version : Sick of the media saying this over-statement

Rummpd
05-02-2006, 05:11 AM
I recognize the Kings have played very well at home (they always do) and have a deeper and more cohesive unit than expected but the TNT, ESPN, announcers and NBA TV announcers are driving me crazy by saying:

"The Kings feel they should have won all three (and several announcers are on record as saying "they should have)"

The truth = Bones got a somewhat lucky bounce but the it was piss poor defense that left him wide open and the Spurs cruised in OT.

The next game the Spurs gave it away and the Kings won on a friggin miracle after the Kings folded in the 4th.

Only in the last game did the Spurs do their "usual annual fall on the face game in the playoffs". No worries that happens every year, and this team is resilient.

Mark my words they will be back and are still going to win the series and most likely in 6.

PDR

thekingrobert
05-02-2006, 05:18 AM
the thing that puzzles me is they say the brent barry's three in the game was luck but the martin shot at the buzzer at their home wasnt luck, what am i missing

Rummpd
05-02-2006, 05:23 AM
Agreed. Spurs should be leading this series 3 and 1 right now and know that, and they will respond!

sghspurs
05-02-2006, 05:51 AM
I recognize the Kings have played very well at home (they always do) and have a deeper and more cohesive unit than expected but the TNT, ESPN, announcers and NBA TV announcers are driving me crazy by saying:

"The Kings feel they should have won all three (and several announcers are on record as saying "they should have)"

The truth = Bones got a somewhat lucky bounce but the it was piss poor defense that left him wide open and the Spurs cruised in OT.

The next game the Spurs gave it away and the Kings won on a friggin miracle after the Kings folded in the 4th.

Only in the last game did the Spurs do their "usual annual fall on the face game in the playoffs". No worries that happens every year, and this team is resilient.

Mark my words they will be back and are still going to win the series and most likely in 6.

PDR

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sick of the media too. hopefully the spurs will respond big time tonight.

boutons_
05-02-2006, 07:06 AM
Bones had a supr lucky shot on bad defensive play by Mike, while Kevin had a lucky shot on a bad offensive play by Manu.

Spurs could be 1-3 or 3-1.

The Kings have seriously outplayed the Spurs in Games 2-4, which is a better justification for saying the Spurs should be 1 - 3.

The Spurs really aren't playing very well, after Game1. The Kings reacted to Game1, and have been taking the game to the Spurs, who haven't shown much will to play defense and control the games.

If the Spurs can escape round 1, the Mavs will be a lot tougher to escape.

Supergirl
05-02-2006, 07:09 AM
EXACTLY.
If the Kings should have won Game 2, then the Spurs should have won Game 3, so it's a wash. Two close games, two blowouts, this series is right there where you'd expect it. In essence, neither team has done more than hold fort on their own court. Now it's a 3 game series, and the Spurs have HCA.

G-Nob
05-02-2006, 07:40 AM
Only way to shut them up is to just win baby.

fraga
05-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Actually.....it would still be tied...if Barry hadn't made that 3 in the corner....and if we didn't totally screw up the last play of the game giving them a wide open race down to the other side for the layup...so really no one should be leading 3-1...

NCaliSpurs
05-02-2006, 07:50 AM
You outplay a team if you win the game.

Just like if you win a title only if you make it to and win the Finals.

Of course, the Kings have always had trouble with these concepts and are like 5-time champions in their minds.

pache100
05-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Only way to shut them up is to just win baby. :tu

Scoreboard talks.

RashoFan
05-02-2006, 08:17 AM
I just wished it was "tonight: already...Let's DO This already! :flag:

boutons_
05-02-2006, 08:18 AM
If terms of effort, hustle, rebounding, defense, game control, adjustments, Spurs are "1-3".

Very unimpressive first round from the Spurs so far.

sghspurs
05-02-2006, 08:36 AM
I don't think i've ever seen a team that dominates game 1 so easily and then fall apart and play with no effort in games 2-4 like the spurs have. sometimes this team is a total enigma to me. and as we all know this team seems to do this every single year. i wish they would make things easier for the fans and develop a killer instinct and start taking care of business. but hopefully (and i belive) we'll see the real spurs return tonight.

efrem1
05-02-2006, 08:37 AM
EXACTLY.
If the Kings should have won Game 2, then the Spurs should have won Game 3, so it's a wash. Two close games, two blowouts, this series is right there where you'd expect it. In essence, neither team has done more than hold fort on their own court. Now it's a 3 game series, and the Spurs have HCA.

Yeah, I agree. It should be 2-2 no matter how you slice it.

LakerHater0823
05-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Hey not to bring up old plays or bad memories but I have a question. My girlfriend saw on a news website that Bibby admitted he fould Manu on the last play of game 3 that led to the martin layup. Did any of you see this?

LilMissSPURfect
05-02-2006, 09:26 AM
Just Win!!

MadDog73
05-02-2006, 09:34 AM
If the Spurs can escape round 1, the Mavs will be a lot tougher to escape.

The Mavs could be tougher, or they could be easier. Remember last year: "If we can't beat the Sonics, we'll never beat the Suns!"

Well, turns out the Suns were a lot easier than the Sonics...

101A
05-02-2006, 09:34 AM
I don't think i've ever seen a team that dominates game 1 so easily and then fall apart and play with no effort in games 2-4

Spurs/Warriors '91.

Took YEARS to recover from that meltdown.

efrem1
05-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Hey not to bring up old plays or bad memories but I have a question. My girlfriend saw on a news website that Bibby admitted he fould Manu on the last play of game 3 that led to the martin layup. Did any of you see this?

Nothing here out of Sacto. Water under the bridge stuff. Just take care of business tonight.

LakerHater0823
05-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Yeah just was wondering if I was right.

Phenomanul
05-02-2006, 10:01 AM
the thing that puzzles me is they say the brent barry's three in the game was luck but the martin shot at the buzzer at their home wasnt luck, what am i missing

That's what I'm saying.... Brent's shot was a well executed play, and the shot itself bounce or no bounce was the outcome of the play. Where's the luck?

Kevin's shot hinged on a turnover(hack) created by Bibby, on a miracle circus shot to get it by Duncan and all before the buzzer.... a completely non-scripted play... that's luck.

Spurzilla
05-02-2006, 12:55 PM

I have to agree with the good doctor. This series reminds me of the Sonics series last year. The spurs will find thier inner "Zilla" tonight and remind everyone that they are indeed the defending champs.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-02-2006, 12:57 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!

Announcers with opinions! Color analysts with opinions!

Last I checked, the Doctor was a "media member" and is forming his own opinion in this thread.

The series could easily be 3-1 in either direction. 'Sheed could have easily stayed with Horry in Game 5 last year, but he didn't.

The ball bounces in different directions and it's a lot easier to hit a layup than it is a 3-pointer.

FreshPrince22
05-02-2006, 01:02 PM

How many times have you seen a corner three take that kind of bounce? And how many times have you seen a guy hit a relatively tough layup? (Manu and Tony hit them ALL the time)

KingsFanWithoutName
05-02-2006, 01:04 PM
And I just read in the Onion that Duncan admitted to screening illegally on Bibby. Does anyone care?

JamStone
05-02-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm sure there are some people who are sick of hearing people complain about the media.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-02-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm sure there are some people who are sick of hearing people complain about the media.

Thank you.

Phenomanul
05-02-2006, 01:07 PM
And I just read in the Onion that Duncan admitted to screening illegally on Bibby. Does anyone care?

No, in fact he has said nothing to that effect....

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-02-2006, 01:10 PM
No, in fact he has said nothing to that effect....

http://www.salvationbygrace.org/blog/uploaded_images/Sarcasm%20copy-728430.jpg

KingsFanWithoutName
05-02-2006, 01:13 PM
:lol

Oh, Gee!!
05-02-2006, 01:15 PM
The best way to shut up the media is to win the games.

big3bigD
05-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Spurs Fans....

Trust me, the Spurs ARE NOT being disrespected by the media. They are having a tough time against a team that most fans and analysts excpected them to sweep or win in 5 games. The NBA world is surprised at their recent troubles and is discussing the situation. That is all.

The Spurs are still the heavy favorites to make it to the Finals out of the West and nobody is saying any different. They are the defending champs and, along with Detroit, have been ridden and praised as unbeateable all season long.

Phenomanul
05-02-2006, 03:05 PM

Oooops didn't see your quoted source.... "The Onion"... :lol

efrem1
05-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Spurs Fans....

Trust me, the Spurs ARE NOT being disrespected by the media. They are having a tough time against a team that most fans and analysts excpected them to sweep or win in 5 games.

I know that Steve Kerr said Spurs in six, so the statement is not universal.

Rummpd
05-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Spurs let play do the talking after listening to the Kings homer all night on NBATV.

Bravo.

Vingianx
05-02-2006, 11:24 PM

PDR

the truth is.............they LOST.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Spurs let play do the talking after listening to the Kings homer all night on NBATV.

Bravo.

As opposed to the Spurs homer on WOAI 1200.

It's universal, people. I wish Spurs fans would stop looking to the media for their team's respect.

Rummpd
05-03-2006, 06:32 AM
No but it is a national televised game and a Network Playoff Game, the announcers should be unbiased and it was unreal for those of us watching NBATV - finally I turned sound off.

Elliott and Kerr give favor to both sides, and in fact sometimes seem to give too much credit.

Kings could do no wrong even when losing by 10-15.

austinfan
05-03-2006, 06:41 AM
Spurs Fans....

Trust me, the Spurs ARE NOT being disrespected by the media. They are having a tough time against a team that most fans and analysts excpected them to sweep or win in 5 games. The NBA world is surprised at their recent troubles and is discussing the situation. That is all.

I agree that the Spurs aren't disrespected by the media--it's more like they're ignored or under the radar, which is just fine by me. But no one expected the Spurs to sweep this series. Before the Game 1 blowout, every commentary I read said that the Kings would stretch the Spurs to 6 or 7.

I actually think this series has been good preparation for going up against the Mavericks (assuming we win against Sacramento). If we had swept against the Kings, or won in 5, we would have gone into Round 2 with that lackadaisical, everything-will-come-to-us attitude, and we would have been butchered. This way we're battle-tested.

Sec24Row7
05-03-2006, 08:00 AM
The Mavericks don't have anyone like Bonzi, and Bowen can shut down dirk 50% of the time.

I actually think that they are an easier out than the Kings...

Not saying we beat them either if we get there... I just think we match up better with them.

Rummpd
05-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Most in media either do not realize that Kings had 6th best record in league last half of season and 3rd best last third.

Kings are a very fine team and will be beat by a great team = the Spurs.

I had it 6 going in and that will stand!

DarkReign
05-03-2006, 10:50 AM
The Mavericks don't have anyone like Bonzi, and Bowen can shut down dirk 50% of the time.

Not saying we beat them either if we get there... I just think we match up better with them.

This, no MVP for Dirk. Shut down by a 6 footer and youre 7 feet tall. Weak.

JamStone
05-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Most in media either do not realize that Kings had 6th best record in league last half of season and 3rd best last third.

Kings are a very fine team and will be beat by a great team = the Spurs.

I had it 6 going in and that will stand!

Why do you continue to lie about that?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17718&page=3&pp=26

Kings will luck into one game = Spurs in 5.

texas84
05-03-2006, 10:55 AM

Correction: Bowen used to be able to shut down Dirk 50% of the time. I'm convinced that Dirk cannot be stopped by any one man. It'll take a double team now which Dirk has become really good of passing out of. Dirk will drop 25-30 a night against Bowen.

Honestly tho, Mavs/Spurs is gonna be a great series! (once yall take care of business)

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-03-2006, 10:56 AM
No but it is a national televised game and a Network Playoff Game, the announcers should be unbiased and it was unreal for those of us watching NBATV - finally I turned sound off.

With whose announcers?

If you want commentary-free commentary, give yourself the play-by-play and analysis.

Color analysts like different things and they're going to voice them, that's what they get paid to do. What do you want them to say, "Oh, this was a pick-and-roll and it scored a basket."

It's not John Madden making the call. That's why I love Sean Elliott so much, the insight he brings to the mic from his time with the Spurs and his knowledge of the game can help a person see things they might not have been able to articulate before.

But, Sean was a Spur, is paid by the Spurs and is part of the Spurs broadcasting team. It's going to lean silver-and-black sometimes.

NCaliSpurs
05-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Dude, I think he meant the NBA Tv announcers.

JamStone -

Give the Rummy a break. He was off by one.

JamStone
05-03-2006, 01:15 PM
JamStone -

Give the Rummy a break. He was off by one.

It's the second time Rummpd has gloated that he said "all along" before the series that he said it would go 6 games. I'm just calling him out. He always portrays himself as someone who is so knowledgeable about basketball, and that's fine. But, don't lie and say something like "I knew it all along" or "that's what I saw coming" when in fact you didn't. Rummpd already had little credibility with a lot of posters on this board. And, now he lies about his prediction after the fact to try to make him look smart?

Give him a break? He said "Kings will luck into one game" and the Spurs will win in five. Sounds like he thought the series was going to be pretty easy for the Spurs. After the first game, the series has been anything but easy. I think it's completely fair that Rummpd gets called out when he lies.

leemajors
05-03-2006, 01:21 PM

Elliott and Kerr give favor to both sides, and in fact sometimes seem to give too much credit.

Kings could do no wrong even when losing by 10-15.

NBAtv does not have its own announcing team. they broadcast the game, but use either the home or away announcers.

NCaliSpurs
05-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Rummpd already had little credibility with a lot of posters on this board. And, now he lies about his prediction after the fact to try to make him look smart?

Rummpd is a great poster here. Credibility goes to shams when you hit the post button. It is an internet board after all, so don't get too huffy puffy.

I like your posts too, so its not like I am dogging you, but don't be so harsh about what someone says on an INTERNET BOARD.

smoke1
05-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Fuck the media. All they do is exaggerate the truth and sometimes flat out lie to you. What difference does it make if some nut in a suit claims this or that. They dont know shit, and I stopped listening to them a long time ago. Hell, I never watch anything about sports other than the games because all of the speculation is bullshit. If the so-called sports writers were ever right then the Spurs would have 0 championships. They dont know what they are talking about, fuck them and anyone who looks like them.

Obstructed_View
05-03-2006, 09:34 PM
NBAtv does not have its own announcing team. they broadcast the game, but use either the home or away announcers.
I'm pretty sure they used to have the guys in the studio calling the game while they watched it on the monitor. I think they finally punted and just picked a local broadcast. The NBA is always going to squeeze that last dollar.

Personally, I think it's funny that everybody picked Sacramento to give the Spurs a series and now those same people are saying "what's wrong with the Spurs?" when it's actually a series.

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2006, 10:06 PM
It's ridiculous to get upset with television announcers "not being fair and unbiased." They have an opinion, and they're paid to articulate it while describing what's going on in the game. If you don't like the opinion, turn down the sound or shout at the television everytime the guy says something you don't agree with. But don't bitch about announcers not being fair in serving up props and blasts. After all -- if the Spurs win the game, the announcer looks like a fool; if the Spurs lose the game, the announcer is right.

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm pretty sure they used to have the guys in the studio calling the game while they watched it on the monitor. I think they finally punted and just picked a local broadcast. The NBA is always going to squeeze that last dollar.

Personally, I think it's funny that everybody picked Sacramento to give the Spurs a series and now those same people are saying "what's wrong with the Spurs?" when it's actually a series.

Last night, Kevin Callabro and Bill Raferty were courtside to call the game -- Callabro works for the Sonics and Raferty works for the Nets or Knicks when he's not doing college games. I'd be curious what they were doing there if they weren't calling that game for nbatv.

Nbadan
05-04-2006, 12:33 AM

I must have diagnosed that play 1000 times on my TIVO. Manu lost control of the ball before Bibby reached both hands to take possession. The Spurs ran the same play in the second offensive set of the game, and it worked, the difference this time is that Artest was able to reach around Tim who pivoted his left leg, and Artest grabs Manu's right arm. The only way the Spurs could have stopped it after Bibby gained possession was Tim screening Martin before it got control of the ball cause Bibby passed the ball before he even reached half court and it was off to the races from there.