PDA

View Full Version : Clippers-Lakers comparison

Jimcs50
05-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Clippers advanced into 2nd round of playoffs last night for first time in 30 yrs, when they were the Buffalo Braves in 1976.

When they meet the Lakers in the next round, they will be facing a team that has had a little more success in that 30 yrs.

Since 1976:

Clippers won 1 playoff series

Lakers won 55 playoff series and 8 NBA titles.

This should be a great series. I hope I have interest in the outcome...if you know what I mean. :depressed

dmac
05-02-2006, 08:51 AM
How are they going to divide the Staples Center? Has a series ever been played entirely in the same arena?

Jimcs50
05-02-2006, 08:55 AM
How are they going to divide the Staples Center? Has a series ever been played entirely in the same arena?

No, this is a first.

MadDog73
No, I don't think a basketball series ever has.

The Clipper fans have their tickets, and Laker fans have theirs so the season ticket holders will at least change with the 2-2-1-1-1 format... but I don't think either team will have a true "home-court advantage". Well, the Lakers might, just because they are more popular in LA.

The real funny thing is the only thing the teams have to do is switch locker rooms. No travel time. No time changes. Must be nice...

Jimcs50

They will have it for Clippers in games, 1,2,5 and 7 and Lakers in other games, jsut as they do in reg season

CosmicCowboy
05-02-2006, 09:02 AM
No, I don't think a basketball series ever has.

The Clipper fans have their tickets, and Laker fans have theirs so the season ticket holders will at least change with the 2-2-1-1-1 format... but I don't think either team will have a true "home-court advantage". Well, the Lakers might, just because they are more popular in LA.

The real funny thing is the only thing the teams have to do is switch locker rooms. No travel time. No time changes. Must be nice...

Do they even do that? I thought that Staples had three locker rooms...One for the Lakers, one for the Clippers, and one for the "visitors"...I read somewhere that the Lakers locker room is much nicer than the Clips locker room...

Spurologist
05-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Last time I checked the suns fakers series isn't over. 96% of teams with 3-1 leads advance but we are talking about the fakers. A clip-lakers series would be interesting. The faker fans will dominate. No traveling for the players eliminate excuses. Clips in 7.

CavsSuperFan
05-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Can’t wait to see which side is the 1st to start yelling...
BEAT LA... BEAT LA... BEAT LA... BEAT LA...