PDA

View Full Version : Iran Threatens Israel if U.S. Attacks

NASpurs
05-02-2006, 12:52 PM
*edit*wth was up with my link? Anyway here you go

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060502/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_israel

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran (http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=Iran)'s first target would be Israel (http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=Israel) in any response to a U.S. attack, a Revolutionary Guards commander said Tuesday, reinforcing the Iranian president's past call for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

"We have announced that wherever (in Iran) America does make any mischief, the first place we target will be Israel," the Iranian Student News Agency quoted Gen. Mohammad Ebrahim Dehghani as saying.

Dehghani, a top commander of the elite Revolutionary Guards, also said Israel was not prepared to go to war against Iran.

"We will definitely resist ... U.S. B-52 (bombers)," Dehghani was quoted as saying.

On Tuesday, Israeli elder statesman Shimon Peres called on Iran to scrap its nuclear program and warned: "Remember that Israel is exceptionally strong and knows how to defend itself."

President Bush (http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=President+Bush) has said a military option remains on the table if Iran does not agree to international demands for it to stop enriching uranium and open its nuclear program to inspections. However, Bush said he wants to solve the dispute through diplomacy.

Dehghani, who served as a spokesman during Revolutionary Guards war games last month, said the exercises were held ahead of schedule to send a message to the U.S. and its allies against any plans for a military strike.

"We were due to organize the maneuvers in May but because of timing conditions and issues related to nuclear energy and upon the recommendation of Mr. Larijani, it was held 40 days sooner than planned," he said. Ali Larijani is Iran's top nuclear negotiator.

Friday marked the deadline set by the U.N. Security Council (http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=U.N.+Security+Council) for Iran to freeze its uranium enrichment program. Council members are now considering the next steps, which could include punishing sanctions though Russia and China are on record as opposing that option.

The semiofficial student news agency gave no further details on Dehghani's remarks or where he made them.

Israel's army chief, Lt. Gen. Dan Halutz, said in an interview published Tuesday that the world has the military might to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon. He also said that if Iran does obtain nuclear capability, it will constitute a threat to Israel's existence.

When asked if the world can, militarily, stop Iran's nuclear program, Halutz told the Maariv newspaper "Yes, yes. Regarding whether or not the world can, the answer is yes."

Questioned on whether Israel would be involved in such a military operation against its top enemy, Halutz said "We are part of the world."

Vashner
05-02-2006, 01:01 PM
To be fair I have a Bush complaint.. Hey there are the WMD's why don't you take them out?

This time there is no question of where the ceterfuges are.. Natanz...

Blow it the fuck up already...

The only logic I could see is that he decided to let the next president choose to attack or waiting for Condi's GO.

velik_m
05-02-2006, 01:10 PM
this proves that Iran doesn't have the ability to atack america. If they would, the first retaliation target would be the aggressor.

boutons_
05-02-2006, 01:44 PM
The Muslims know Israel is de facto the 51st state. :lol

Attacking the 51st state is even better than attacking the USA.

101A
05-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Go ahead, attack Israel.

Let me know how that works out for you...

xrayzebra
05-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Go ahead, attack Israel.

Just don't forget to duck, things are going to get just a wee bit
dicey in Iran....When you do. :lol

DarkReign
05-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Go ahead, attack Israel.

Yeah, CC me on that too. Israel was armed by us, for us. They have trained themselves in the middle of a region that hates them and survived. They have been in constant terrorist warfare since...shit...1990?

Yeah, thats the country I want to attack. A militarily ready nuclear power.

Go Iran! Heres some rope...

Marklar MM
05-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah, CC me on that too. Israel was armed by us, for us. They have trained themselves in the middle of a region that hates them and survived. They have been in constant terrorist warfare since...shit...1990?

Yeah, thats the country I want to attack. A militarily ready nuclear power.

Go Iran! Heres some rope...

Exactly...Israel will not be afraid to retaliate.

Oh, Gee!!
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Some of you people have cavalier attitudes about war. Sad.

boutons_
05-02-2006, 04:39 PM
'cavalier attitudes about war"

... because like dubya/dickhead/rummy/rove/wolfie, neither they nor their families will die in war.

"Let's you and him go to war"

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2006, 06:06 PM
boutons, you're a dumbass. IF this dispute escalates, it's going to basically be the Mideast teaming up on Israel, and if it comes down to it Israel will just nuke Iran.

Where do you live boutons? The first nuclear attack on American soil will be in D.C., every single one of those guys lives in D.C.

You are so fucking hateful of anything Republican it jades your responses - you come off as nothing more than a two-bit chump.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-02-2006, 06:29 PM
To be fair I have a Bush complaint.. Hey there are the WMD's why don't you take them out?

This time there is no question of where the ceterfuges are.. Natanz...

Blow it the fuck up already...

The only logic I could see is that he decided to let the next president choose to attack or waiting for Condi's GO.
are you serious?? has it been proven that Iran already has nuclear capabilities??

Nbadan
05-02-2006, 07:00 PM
are you serious?? has it been proven that Iran already has nuclear capabilities??

Iran has 136 centrifuges to enrich uranium. There has been talk out of Iran about building up to 5000 centrifuges, but so far that's all it's been is talk. At the current rate it would take Iran a decade to have enough enriched uranium to produce even a small nuclear device. With 5000 centrifuges, it would take less than a year.

NASpurs
05-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Ok I fixed the link.. don't know what happened there

Vashner
05-02-2006, 07:47 PM

Yes we know exactly what they are doing and making.

If you think they are not ALSO trying to make a bomb your on crack.

Why the hell do you think they buried it? It's just centerfuges they can't just blow up there is no reaction.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iran/natanz-imagery.htm
http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iran/images/dg-natanz-29aug02_1.jpg

scott
05-02-2006, 07:51 PM
If it is on the internet, it must be true.

boutons_
05-02-2006, 07:52 PM
suck my dick, Aggie, and then kiss my ass.

NOBODY in the M/E has ICBMs and can't deliver nukes (that they don't have anyway) to USA. yoiu fucking hick dumbshit.

Nobody but Israel in the ME has nukes, either, except on Yoni's pile of paper.

Iran wants nukes because they feel, rigthly, emasculated before the Israeli nukes.

The Repugs are not vomit worthy. 2400 US lives wasted in Iraq for dubya's lies, and you dumbshits are still sucking dubya's dick. Dubya, dickhead, rummy, wolfie, condi should be tried as war criminals.

xrayzebra
05-02-2006, 08:08 PM
suck my dick, Aggie, and then kiss my ass.

NOBODY in the M/E has ICBMs and can't deliver nukes (that they don't have anyway) to USA. yoiu fucking hick dumbshit.

Nobody but Israel in the ME has nukes, either, except on Yoni's pile of paper.

Iran wants nukes because they feel, rigthly, emasculated before the Israeli nukes.

The Repugs are not vomit worthy. 2400 US lives wasted in Iraq for dubya's lies, and you dumbshits are still sucking dubya's dick. Dubya, dickhead, rummy, wolfie, condi should be tried as war criminals.

Oh, poor Iran, the feel emasculated. boutons, if you had a brain you would
take it out and play with it. Iran is the one making the threats, not
Israel. Does it soothe your poor soul to be on the side of terrorist. Makes
you feel better I'm sure. Israel has threaten no one and all they are
trying to do is survive, that is no sin in my book.

velik_m
05-03-2006, 12:57 AM
Oh, poor Iran, the feel emasculated. boutons, if you had a brain you would
take it out and play with it. Iran is the one making the threats, not
Israel. Does it soothe your poor soul to be on the side of terrorist. Makes
you feel better I'm sure. Israel has threaten no one and all they are
trying to do is survive, that is no sin in my book.

not Israel?

Israel Threatens Iran Over Nuclear Research (http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,1864693,00.html)

Israel threatens strikes on Iranian nuclear targets (http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=1292472003)

and this is no retaliation - "we will fight back" threat, no this is "will start a war" threat. You should keep a close eye on your allies, or you might find yourself in a war you don't want.

And lets not forget who brought terrorism to middle east:

As a result of the 1921 Arab attacks, the Haganah was formed to protect Jewish settlements. The Haganah was mostly defensive in nature, which among other things caused several members to split off and form the Irgun (initially known as Hagana Beth) in 1931. The Irgun adhered to a much more active approach, which included murder and terrorism in retaliation to attacks and initiation of armed actions against the British, while the Haganah often preferred restraint. The Irgun's more militant nature also manifested itself in several planned terrorist attacks against Arabs, including civilians. A further split occurred when Avraham Stern left the Irgun to form Lehi, which unlike the Irgun refused any co-operation with the British, even during World War II, and was much more extreme in its methods.
(from www.wikipedia.org)

clubalien
05-03-2006, 11:19 AM
hmm I don't think iseral has ever declared they are a nuclear armed country

DarkReign
05-03-2006, 11:50 AM
They dont have to declare it, we gave them nukes (more or less) quite a long time ago.

DarkReign
05-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Some of you people have cavalier attitudes about war. Sad.

'cavalier attitudes about war"

... because like dubya/dickhead/rummy/rove/wolfie, neither they nor their families will die in war.

"Let's you and him go to war"

I wouldnt say cavalier, maybe expectant.

The region is due. With the US stirring the pot, with Israel's never-ending situation, with Iran and their power-lust, its just a matter of time.

If I were Iran, I would pick my spots a little more careful is all. Go beat-up on some Iraq-like country first...get your feet wet. Dont go storming the hill with non-battle tested troops. Sure, they got a great black-ops police force, but policing and suppressing are far different from bombing and invading.

While Iran has been playing Mad Scientist, the Jews have been actively fighting a war, imo. The Israeli troops are battle-hardened, blood-thirsty soldiers. Iranian troops have been idle since when? The Iran-Iraq war of whatever-the-hell-decade that was?

No, I dont agree with alot of reasons for all these things. No, my family members will not be fighting in any wars. But these things are inevitable. Utopia is a myth. Humans are violent. War is inevitable.

I just more or less look at it like a competition. Weigh the pros, the cons, the strategy, the rable-rousing. This strategy doesnt look good for Iran (if it were to happen). They would lose if it were a one-on-one fight. But it wouldnt be, so then you have the US joining the fun.

A US military that isnt going in with 'Regime Change' and 'Post-War Occupation' as its main goals. It goes in with a "Win the War" mentality. Last time I checked, they were pretty good at it leveling everything in site when the kill count doesnt have a ceiling.

Dont like it. Probably wnt happen any time soon. But, it is what it is. An inevitability. The President of the future, whether he be Democrat or Republican, will have to make a decision I wouldnt want to. But a decision will have to be made. Lines will be drawn. Simple as that.

I am not a war advocate by any stretch, but when was the last time Diplomacy actually worked?

Dont call the fall of the USSR diplomacy, that was an arms race between two willing countries that broke one government and not the other. We dont have that luxury anymore. Not a country in the world would even claim, start or try an arms race with the US.

xrayzebra
05-03-2006, 02:52 PM
I wouldnt say cavalier, maybe expectant.

The region is due. With the US stirring the pot, with Israel's never-ending situation, with Iran and their power-lust, its just a matter of time.

If I were Iran, I would pick my spots a little more careful is all. Go beat-up on some Iraq-like country first...get your feet wet. Dont go storming the hill with non-battle tested troops. Sure, they got a great black-ops police force, but policing and suppressing are far different from bombing and invading.

While Iran has been playing Mad Scientist, the Jews have been actively fighting a war, imo. The Israeli troops are battle-hardened, blood-thirsty soldiers. Iranian troops have been idle since when? The Iran-Iraq war of whatever-the-hell-decade that was?

No, I dont agree with alot of reasons for all these things. No, my family members will not be fighting in any wars. But these things are inevitable. Utopia is a myth. Humans are violent. War is inevitable.

I just more or less look at it like a competition. Weigh the pros, the cons, the strategy, the rable-rousing. This strategy doesnt look good for Iran (if it were to happen). They would lose if it were a one-on-one fight. But it wouldnt be, so then you have the US joining the fun.

A US military that isnt going in with 'Regime Change' and 'Post-War Occupation' as its main goals. It goes in with a "Win the War" mentality. Last time I checked, they were pretty good at it leveling everything in site when the kill count doesnt have a ceiling.

Dont like it. Probably wnt happen any time soon. But, it is what it is. An inevitability. The President of the future, whether he be Democrat or Republican, will have to make a decision I wouldnt want to. But a decision will have to be made. Lines will be drawn. Simple as that.

I am not a war advocate by any stretch, but when was the last time Diplomacy actually worked?

Dont call the fall of the USSR diplomacy, that was an arms race between two willing countries that broke one government and not the other. We dont have that luxury anymore. Not a country in the world would even claim, start or try an arms race with the US.

It was not only an arms race, but much, much more. It was
also a shooting war in many caes. Just not visible to most. They had their
warriors and we had ours. Some battles we lost and some we won.

Israel has not, I'm sure, been sitting on their butt and not doing anything
to prepare for anything that the Irans throw at them.

Hell, the little general they have running Iran opens his yap and the price
of oil goes up again. It could be he just loves the money flowing into
their coffers.

One added thing. I would almost bet 2-1 that Iran gets it's atomic weapon.
Why, because the UN isn't going to do anything about it and Russian and
China are making big bucks off Iran on their program and the U.S. will
hold themselves and Israel in check. We don't want to appear to be the
lone wolf again, we have too many people like dan, SA210 and others of
their ilk who run scared everytime we protect our own interest and feel
the pain of all those poor downtrodden countries. Except most of those
poor downtrodden countries have a ton of wealth and do nothing for their
own people. But that is okay in their eyes.

velik_m
05-03-2006, 03:30 PM
hmm I don't think iseral has ever declared they are a nuclear armed country

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/israel/nuke/

Nbadan
05-03-2006, 03:39 PM

Asymmetrical war. Iran knows it can’t win a direct military confrontation with the U.S., but Iran also has nothing to gain by going along with U.S. demands. So if we attack, they send saboteurs into oil-rich countries and attack U.S. bases, oil pipelines, oil wells, and other U.S. business interests.

Vashner
05-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Well Israel can attack if they want. It's a clear threat.

I hope they do... Tired of them talking smack...