PDA

View Full Version : Game 3, not Manu's fault!

rr2418
05-02-2006, 01:30 PM
I know this game has passed, but I can't help thinking that this one got away. Maybe it's been brought up, but I think that the blame should go to Pop, not Manu. Why? Because Pop called the play! All Manu had to do is hold on to the ball and force the Kings to foul. There were 27.4 seconds left and 24 seconds on the shot clock. Wouldn't a better play have been to hold on to the ball and with 1 or 2 sec on the clock throw up the highest jumpshot that would take some time to come down. The ball would either hit the rim or there would be a 24 sec violation. Either way time would've expired. Pop calling a play for Manu to drive in was just a bad call on Pop's part. So Manu, get it out of your mind, it wasn't your fault!

SequSpur
05-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Stevie Wonder would've jacked that shot up with 4 seconds left. Manu is guilty.

ducks
pop told manu that but manu said bull

KingsFanWithoutName
yawn.

Jimcs50
05-02-2006, 01:32 PM
I know this game has passed, but I can't help thinking that this one got away. Maybe it's been brought up, but I think that the blame should go to Pop, not Manu. Why? Because Pop called the play! All Manu had to do is hold on to the ball and force the Kings to foul. There were 27.4 seconds left and 24 seconds on the shot clock. Wouldn't a better play have been to hold on to the ball and with 1 or 2 sec on the clock throw up the highest jumpshot that would take some time to come down. The ball would either hit the rim or there would be a 24 sec violation. Either way time would've expired. Pop calling a play for Manu to drive in was just a bad call on Pop's part. So Manu, get it out of your mind, it wasn't your fault!

I agree 100%...that is what I said, just wait til the 1 sec mark and throw the ball at the rim , making sure that it hits the rim, and it would take at least 3 secs for the ball to get rebounded....and game over.

nkdlunch
05-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Stevie Wonder would've jacked that shot up with 4 seconds left. Manu is guilty.

with 4 seconds left, Martin was already running to Spurs basket with the ball genius

Manu started attacking the basket with 10+ seconds left. WHIch is the smart thing instead of jacking a shot. get over it

Nikos
05-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Manu was the biggest reason they lost Game 3.

And 4.

He needs to explode the next two games to make up for it. Right now I am not sure he can.

ducks
05-02-2006, 01:35 PM
steve nash turned the ball over just like manu
did very late
pop should tell mentally weak manu that

nkdlunch
05-02-2006, 01:36 PM
steve nash turned the ball over just like manu
did very late
pop should tell mentally weak manu that

say what? what part of Pop called the play didn't u get?

ducks
05-02-2006, 01:38 PM
pop called the play just manu still says it was his fault
did you not read the quotes from manu

MannyIsGod
05-02-2006, 01:40 PM
BTW, had there been a 24 second violation time would not have run out. There would have been 2.7 seconds on the clock with the Kings getting it at halfcorut after they take a timeout.

Whats the number one rule when closing out games?

Play to win because if you play not to lose then you lose.

Jimcs50
05-02-2006, 01:49 PM
BTW, had there been a 24 second violation time would not have run out. There would have been 2.7 seconds on the clock with the Kings getting it at halfcorut after they take a timeout.

Whats the number one rule when closing out games?

Play to win because if you play not to lose then you lose.

I agree 100%...that is what I said, just wait til the 1 sec mark and throw the ball at the rim , making sure that it hits the rim, and it would take at least 3 secs for the ball to get rebounded....and game over.

That is why I said that the ball must hit the rim. Had it hit the rim with 3 secs left, time would have expired before they could do anything.

MannyIsGod
05-02-2006, 01:51 PM
I think they would have had time left. And then when they make a shot, people second guess the play call.

People will second guess anything that doesn't work out, thats the only thing I take away from this.

trueD
05-02-2006, 01:53 PM
pop called the play just manu still says it was his fault
did you not read the quotes from manu

:wakeup

Just wondering...has ducks been this way for all of the 18K+ posts?

nkdlunch
05-02-2006, 02:59 PM
pretty much

Texas_Ranger
05-02-2006, 03:09 PM
he ve got 6 turovers, and he get the last ball. WHY? :madrun

timvp
05-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Nothing is ever Manu's fault.

Get it straight.

Kori Ellis
05-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Manu shouldn't have tried to split Bibby and Miller. By the replay, which LJ and I watched at least 50 times in slow motion :lol, he could have very easily passed out of it before trying to split them. He bobble it a bit as he was about to split them and then tried to split them anyway, and Bibby easily took the ball away. He could have passed to Tony (who in turn could have passed to Fin in the corner). He could have even got the ball to Tim or even Barry on the other side. Oh well. Everyone should be over it by now. Including Manu.

sprrs
05-02-2006, 05:23 PM
game 3 wasn't Manu's fault. It was that darned basketball's fault for always falling into a King's hands after a missed shot.