PDA

View Full Version : Rasho or Nazr

Texas_Ranger
05-02-2006, 03:29 PM
who do you think would be better in starting 5 ?

DarrinS
05-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Well, I haven't seen Nazr do much of anything in this series. So, I guess Rasho, by default.

Texas_Ranger
05-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Nazr played good yust in game 1. On the other side Rasho was solid in all games.
I want to see Rasho, because of better defense.

Kori Ellis
05-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Rasho played really good off the bench in this series. I would have just kept him there as he was comfortable and playing well.

Pero
05-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Nazr in starting five, Rasho of the bench and getting most of the minutes...

timvp
05-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Robert Horry.

ploto
05-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Rasho will start because he understands what they are trying to do, especially defensively, far better than Nazr does. Over these four games, he has been one of the most consistent players on the entire team. It is also is in hopes of "helping" Manu because he feeds off of Rasho's screens and the way he seals defenders off. Also, the Spurs need to come out strong and send a message right away, and that is something they have been almost completely incapable of since Nazr has been starting.

On the down side, Michael Finley will continue to have a harder time without playing so many of his minutes with Rasho, and we will see the agony that is Nazr and Horry on the court together.

Contrary to many of the people here, I do not believe Rasho played some horrible game in game 4. The Spurs used him differently. His rebounding numbers were down per minute over the other games because of what they had him doing. He actually executed their schemes just right; it was the schemes themselves that did not pay off.

Kori, I woudl agree with you if Nazr had done much of anything lately, but his lack of showing any real understanding of what they are even trying to do forces the issue. I thought in game 4 that he would come out hard off the bench, after the quick hook in game 3 and "losing" the starting spot for game 4, but he was non-existent, completely ineffective. Sorry, I don't count the last two minutes of garbage time as anything.

Timvp, Horry has been a disappointment, too. His head was not in the game at all for game 4. Rasho entered the play-offs ready, as I told people the last couple of weeks of the season.

Kori Ellis
05-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Looks like they'll be playing a lot more Horry tonight (according to Tony/Horry who were just on TV). I wouldn't mind seeing only Rasho and Horry with no Nazr tonight.

timvp
05-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Contrary to many of the people here, I do not believe Rasho played some horrible game in game 4.
You do realize Rasho had one defensive rebound and that was early in the first quarter, right?

ploto
05-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Looks like they'll be playing a lot more Horry tonight (according to Tony/Horry who were just on TV). I wouldn't mind seeing only Rasho and Horry with no Nazr tonight.
That is what I expect- to avoid the dreaded Nazr and Horry together that I mentioned.

SA Gunslinger
05-02-2006, 03:56 PM
If Horry is in with TD and the rest of the starters, that means Thomas or Miller have to guard the three point line. Maybe TD will be able to control the boards if he has to deal with one less big in the paint. More specifically, keep Wells and Artest off the boards.

timvp
05-02-2006, 03:56 PM
It is also is in hopes of "helping" Manu because he feeds off of Rasho's screens and the way he seals defenders off.
This is the biggest BS ever. Look at what Manu did in last year's playoffs. Look at how many minutes Rasho played.

Goodnight.

ducks
05-02-2006, 03:57 PM
yes horry will space the floor more for duncan and tony,manu to be able to drive more YES!

ploto
05-02-2006, 03:58 PM
This is the biggest BS ever. Look at what Manu did in last year's playoffs. Look at how many minutes Rasho played.

Goodnight.
But Manu wasn't playing like he is now. Minutes with Rasho benefit Manu more than minutes with Nazr. Just ask Michael Finley about game 4.

yes horry will space the floor more for duncan and tony,manu to be able to drive more YES!
I like Horry with Rasho, as well. Horry plays on the perimeter and Rasho has room inside.

Texas_Ranger
05-02-2006, 04:01 PM
I just want to see a good job from Razr and Horry.

Goodnight. :sleep :sleep :sleep

GO SPURS GO !!!! :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

timvp
05-02-2006, 04:02 PM
But Manu wasn't playing like he is now. Minutes with Rasho benefit Manu more than minutes with Nazr. Just ask Michael Finley about game 4.

Yeah, he was playing better. And that was with Nazr and Horry playing.

I fail to see where you come up with Rasho being the key to Manu's success.

SenorSpur
05-02-2006, 04:03 PM

I wonder what took Pop so long to make this move.

ploto
05-02-2006, 04:09 PM
I fail to see where you come up with Rasho being the key to Manu's success.
I simply said it is better for Manu to play with Rasho than with Nazr. It is a simple matter of the styles they play and the way they play. What Rasho does offensively is a greater benefit to Manu than what Nazr does. Surely, you can see that through your Rasho-hater glasses.

I really don't want to go around on this again with you. I tried to tell you last game that Rasho was starting and you did not want to believe me. Well, don't.

The End.

timvp
05-02-2006, 04:17 PM
I simply said it is better for Manu to play with Rasho than with Nazr. It is a simple matter of the styles they play and the way they play. What Rasho does offensively is a greater benefit to Manu than what Nazr does.

If you look at the stats, Manu plays the same with Rasho or Nazr on the court. But if you look it closely, you see that Manu plays best with Horry on the court.

Surely, you can see that through your Rasho-hater glasses.

Rasho hater? Have you seen the grades?

:smokin

I really don't want to go around on this again with you. I tried to tell you last game that Rasho was starting and you did not want to believe me. Well, don't.

I said Pop shouldn't do it.

Spurs lose by 25.

The End.

:depressed

Tigole Bitties
05-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Neither.

Oberto needs to start and use up those fouls. Hack the crap out of Artest/Bonzi.

Whoever starts needs to keep B. Miller from going 8/11 and jacking wide-open threes.

ShoogarBear
05-02-2006, 04:24 PM
I can't believe that anyone with an iota of basketball knowledge can look at either Rasho or Nazr and claim that they are anything except massive hindrances to the Spurs' chances right now.

Slinkyman
05-02-2006, 04:29 PM
I can't believe that anyone with an iota of basketball knowledge can look at either Rasho or Nazr and claim that they are anything except massive hindrances to the Spurs' chances right now.

agreed, both haven't done their job this series. Whoever starts we need atleast 8 boards from them.

ducks
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM
what if horry starts

RON ARTEST
05-02-2006, 05:01 PM
what all did they talk about.

timvp
05-03-2006, 02:59 AM
Robert Horry.

Nice call.

timvp
05-03-2006, 03:00 AM
ploto -- 1
timvp -- 1

gospursgojas
05-03-2006, 03:06 AM
Did Nazr even play tonight???

MissAllThat
05-03-2006, 03:08 AM
Have I mentioned that I just really don't like Rasho. It still sickens me that we signed him. I blame Jason Kidd. I hope he never wins an NBA Championship ever. If only we could have had JO.....

ploto
05-03-2006, 03:08 AM
Timvp, you missed my post in the other thread about Horry starting. I gave you props for the call but I don't think it was any more "successful" than Rasho starting. Do you? But one of them MUST start because it is apparent it won't be Nazr. I don't know what Pop thought of Horry's game as he did not play him in the fourth quarter.

I DO like the way the bench plays, especially Brent and Finley, with Rasho. Hard to determine tonight with Rasho's quick fouls quite what kind of night he might have had coming off the bench again. He did have 4 rebounds in 10 1/2 minutes. :) Pop will probably stick with Horry for game 6. He didn't score much but he had 4 assists! His 4 rebounds in 18 1/2 minutes were so-so.

What did you think about the fact that Nazr did not even get to come in for the last garbage 30 seconds- like Beno and Fabricio??

Texas_Ranger
05-03-2006, 07:53 AM
What did you think about the fact that Nazr did not even get to come in for the last garbage 30 seconds- like Beno and Fabricio??

Perhaps Popovich didn`t want to destroy Nazr playoff stats.
:rolleyes

ploto
05-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Huh??

Bruno
05-03-2006, 08:49 AM

It's a confidence thing.
Pop should have said to Nazr something like : "You won't have a lot of playtime because Kings are a bad matchup for you".
He doesn't use him as a garbage player for 30 seconds to avoid to perturb him. If you remember well he did the same thing with Rasho against Phoenix in march : it's not at all a punishement or a sign that Oberto is above Nazr in the rotation.

batman2883
05-03-2006, 08:53 AM
nazr started we lost by a point rasho started we lost by 18 i think nazr is the better starter but Horry should start game 6

ploto
05-03-2006, 08:54 AM
But Bruno that is NOT how the series started. No one said in advance that Nazr would hardly play because he was a bad matchup. Even you insisted RASHO would not play. I did not mean that Oberto was ahead of Nazr- I meant that Nazr was deep in the doghouse. It was obvious Pop had no consideration at all of putting Nazr in last night, even when Rasho got two quick fouls.

ploto
05-03-2006, 08:56 AM
nazr started we lost by a point rasho started we lost by 18 i think nazr is the better starter but Horry should start game 6
Give me a break- that is the absolute lamest logic you can use. There is a reason Rasho played in the fourth quarter last night and Nazr did not play at all.

batman2883
05-03-2006, 08:56 AM
Rasho got rejected so hard he hit the floor rasho is just lame sorry you can call it a lame logic all you want but he got in the game and right away picked up 2 fouls......the dude sucks

ploto
05-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Then why was Rasho in the game in the fourth quarter and Nazr and Horry on the bench?

The fouls were BS- nice blocks on Bonzi. And he certainly didn't let him just get layups like Nazr has been.

Darrin
05-03-2006, 08:59 AM
who do you think would be better in starting 5 ?

Going into this offseason, if I had a choice between Nazr Mohammad or Rasho Nesterovic as a big to join the Detroit Pistons, I'd pick Nazr. They are both inconsistent, but I haven't seen Rasho dominate the game when he's on the way Nazr has. I haven't seen more than a solid performance out of Rasho since Kevin McHale put his foot in his ass the last season he was in Minnesota.

batman2883
05-03-2006, 09:02 AM
pops not dumb playing rasho in the playoffs hoping he has a few good games so we can trade him next year......

batman2883
05-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Going into this offseason, if I had a choice between Nazr Mohammad or Rasho Nesterovic as a big to join the Detroit Pistons, I'd pick Nazr. They are both inconsistent, but I haven't seen Rasho dominate the game when he's on the way Nazr has. I haven't seen more than a solid performance out of Rasho since Kevin McHale put his foot in his ass the last season he was in Minnesota.
my point exactly

Texas_Ranger
05-03-2006, 09:04 AM
There is a reason Rasho played in the fourth quarter last night and Nazr did not play at all.

I agree with you that there was a reason why Rasho played and why Nazr didn`t. But what was the reason???? I think we will never found out that, only if someone of you knows Popovich.
:rolleyes :rolleyes

Bruno
05-03-2006, 09:05 AM
But Bruno that is NOT how the series started. No one said in advance that Nazr would hardly play because he was a bad matchup. Even you insisted RASHO would not play. I did not mean that Oberto was ahead of Nazr- I meant that Nazr was deep in the doghouse. It was obvious Pop had no consideration at all of putting Nazr in last night, even when Rasho got two quick fouls.

You ask why Nazr hasn't played the last 30 secconds : I've give you what I think was the reason.

Not playing the last 30 seconds isn't a sign that Nazr is deep in Pop's doghouse, on the contrary it's more a sign of respect.
Not playing in this game is a sign that Nazr is deep in Pop's doghouse.

Rasho has played in this serie because Nazr has been horrible, it's not a story of matchup. Nazr will likely be in the doghouse until the end of this serie : Pop will give him another try against Dallas or if our bigs are in serious trouble against Sacramento.

themvp
05-03-2006, 09:06 AM
I agree with you that there was a reason why Rasho played and why Nazr didn`t. But what was the reason???? I think we will never found out that, only if someone of you knows Popovich.
:rolleyes :rolleyes

Pur pur :rolleyes :lol

ploto
05-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Pop should have said to Nazr something like : "You won't have a lot of playtime because Kings are a bad matchup for you".

Rasho has played in this series because Nazr has been horrible, it's not a story of matchup.

I am confused-- first you said it was match-ups and then you said it wasn't.

ploto
05-03-2006, 09:11 AM
pops not dumb playing rasho in the playoffs hoping he has a few good games so we can trade him next year......
Sure, in a decisive game 5 that is how Pop chooses who plays. :rolleyes

I'm sure he is also trying to keep Nazr's value down.

batman2883
05-03-2006, 09:12 AM
look i dont care why you are such a Rasho fan but im proud that you would back him up that way...but anyone that isnt a Rasho homer would see how badly this dude sucks.....he lacks intensity and plays like a giant with 2 left feet

Bruno
05-03-2006, 09:14 AM
I am confused-- first you said it was match-ups and then you said it wasn't.

There are a difference between the reality and what you say to your player.
I don't see Pop saying to Nazr : "You sucks, you won't play".

ploto
05-03-2006, 09:28 AM
There are a difference between the reality and what you say to your player.
I don't see Pop saying to Nazr : "You sucks, you won't play".
OK- that makes sense. I thought you meant that you really believed it was match-ups because I know a lot of people who are claiming that. I just don't see that Miller, Thomas and SAR are that bad of match-ups for Nazr that he went from starter to DNP-CD in two games!