PDA

View Full Version : Kobe rubbing off on Kwame?

FreshPrince22
05-02-2006, 06:46 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12601063/

KNBC-TV
4:20 p.m. PDT May 2, 2006

LOS ANGELES - The Lakers' Kwame Brown is being investigated for an alleged sexual assault at an area hotel, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. The alleged assault occurred Sunday after the team's playoff victory against the Phoenix Suns, police said.

The Suns and Lakers are scheduled to play Tuesday night.

JMarkJohns
05-02-2006, 07:06 PM
He's playing tonight, so this has little effect on the series....

ducks
05-02-2006, 07:10 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?s...orts&id=4136876

According to a police statement, the assault allegedly happened early in the morning on April 29th.

Brown is accused of assaulting a woman in a hotel somewhere in the Los Angeles area. Investigators are not disclosing the name of the hotel, the location or a time of day. The Los Angeles district attorney's office reports that LAPD's Robbery Homicide Division is handling the investigation. That division is appointed whenever a high-profile personality is involved.

Brown is from Charleston, South Carolina. He skipped college to go pro and was a first round draft choice for the Washington Wizards. In the off-season he was traded to the Lakers.

Brown is expected to start in the Lakers game against Phoenix tonight.

Stay with abc7.com for more information on this breaking story.

ducks
05-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Brown, Parker come a long way
Leaving their rebellion behind, the two young starters are now believers in Phil Jackson's strategy.

By KEVIN DING
The Orange County Register

EL SEGUNDO – Remember that meek Kwame Brown racing off the Staples Center floor trying to duck a steady rain of boos? Or the indignant Smush Parker tucking his lucky headband away in his nightly display of disappointment?

No two players heard as much criticism from Lakers coach Phil Jackson as they came off the court in games than Brown and Parker - both in their first triangle-offense seasons, both having everything to prove in the NBA, both 24 and believing Jackson just didn't understand.

Now it's all smiles. Brown, Parker and Luke Walton have been Jackson's three surprisingly productive starters to go with Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom en route to a 2-1 series lead over the Phoenix Suns.

Despite instructions to his team to be serious and view Game 4 today as a "desperation game" because it will be one for the Suns, Jackson couldn't resist one grin of his own Saturday as he thought back to Game 3 on Friday.

"I didn't think I'd ever hear the chants of 'Kwa-me' come down," Jackson said.

Said Brown: "I thought they were saying, 'Ko-be,' but they were saying, 'Kwa-me' - and I was like, 'Wow!'"

Asked for his feelings about it, Brown laughed and said: "It's a step up from being booed."

While in Washington, Brown got booed like no one else for disappointing fans who expected the moon - or at least a star - from Michael Jordan's No.1 overall draft pick in 2001. Then Brown's anxious offensive play and unsteady hands caused that trend to continue with Lakers fans earlier this season.

It probably didn't help that Jackson mocked Brown publicly a month into the season for being the equivalent of a sissy when Brown was late returning from a hamstring injury. Brown never previously commented about that December situation, but reflects on it now as "a joke."

"That was a little thing he had," Brown said of Jackson. "It just got blown out of proportion. I never even mentioned anything to him. He actually brought it up to me: 'If you heard this, they (reporters) got the wrong story.' It was nothing."

And though he heard plenty from coaches for his miscues and excuses, Brown actually cites Jackson's positive reinforcement throughout the season as the reason Brown was prepared to play this well after starting center Chris Mihm got hurt March 12.

Brown also praised Jackson for preparing the team so thoroughly for this series.

"He had everything to do with it," Brown said. "He pretty much gave us the answers to all the tests. We already knew what they (the Suns) were going to do."

Parker didn't have a public issue with Jackson on the level of the "*****cat" ridicule, but he has regularly fumed when Jackson has pulled him from games for not meeting the high expectations the coach has for guards organizing the offense. On April 6 in Denver, Parker sat apart from the team's huddle for most of the second half and overtime because he was miffed at Jackson not using him.

Now, not even a month later, Parker is marveling at Jackson's coaching the same way Brown is.

"Phil Jackson has been one step ahead of everybody his whole career," Parker said Saturday. "That's why he's Phil Jackson. It's been great playing for him, period."

Parker is happy with all the responsibility he has been given in this series. He is the lead defender against Steve Nash, but Jackson is also using the triangle to give Parker plenty of scoring chances.

Much of the organizational chores in the triangle have been turned over to Bryant, freeing Parker to be the Lakers' leading scorer for the first time Friday with 18 points

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-02-2006, 11:25 PM
It can't be Kwame.

He hasn't hit anything significant all season.

1Parker1
05-02-2006, 11:30 PM
^:lol

PM5K
05-02-2006, 11:40 PM
This is the last thing he needs, he's finally coming around as a player, he doesn't need to be getting into trouble for stupid shit off the court....

cheguevara
05-03-2006, 01:03 AM
oh please. Kwame has always been a scrub. I wouldn't be surprised if he banged an ugly white chick, he can't hit anything better!

Slinkyman
05-03-2006, 01:13 AM
Kwame is innocent, i remember Jordan calling Kwame gay. No way he did that chick.

A-Train
05-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Obviously, the chick is crazy and made it all up.

1Parker1
05-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Kwame is innocent, i remember Jordan calling Kwame gay. No way he did that chick.

:lol That's wrong. Funny, but wrong.

Bloodline666
05-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Trade Kwame to Portland, where he belongs.

mavsfan1000
05-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Kwame Bryant and Kobe Brown. :lol

Bloodline666
05-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Kwame Bryant and Kobe Brown. :lol
Funny...looks like they both have more in common than just coming into the league right out of High School, being traded to the Lakers (yes, Kobe WAS traded to the Lakers; well, at least his draft rights were), and playing for the same team.