PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Oh, Rush Limpballs Better Start Stocking Up on Soap on a Rope

Nbadan
10-06-2004, 04:30 PM
WEST PALM BEACH -- A state appeals court ruled Wednesday that Rush Limbaugh's medical records were properly seized by investigators seeking information on alleged illegal drug use.

Investigators raided the offices of Limbaugh's doctors seeking information on whether the conservative commentator illegally tried to buy prescription painkillers. Limbaugh, 53, has not been charged with a crime and the investigation had been at a standstill pending a decision on the medical records.

``We hold that the constitutional right of privacy in medical records is not implicated by the State's seizure and review of medical records under a valid search warrant without prior notice or hearing,'' the 4th District Court of Appeal ruled. Chief Judge Gary M. Farmer wrote the opinion.

A spokesman for Limbaugh did not have any immediate comment.

Prosecutors went after Limbaugh's medical records after learning that he received about 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months, at a pharmacy near his Palm Beach mansion.

[url]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-106limbaugh,0,509778.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines (]Sun Sentinel[/url)

CNN's Daryn Kagen (Rush's new beard) had to pass on reporting the Breaking News about her Rush, and Kyra Phillips reported it. Bizarre.

JoeChalupa
10-06-2004, 04:35 PM
I'm not going to Rush to judgement on this.

exstatic
10-06-2004, 04:55 PM
"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995
Well, they got ONE white drug addict anyway, Rush. Enjoy your ride up the river.

JoeChalupa
10-06-2004, 04:57 PM
If he does go up the river it will be to one of those real hard core prisons.
You know, like the run Martha Stewart is being dragged to.

exstatic
10-06-2004, 05:00 PM
I know, Joe, I know. At least he won't be able to indulge his Hillybilly Heroin habit.