PDA

View Full Version : game 5 1st quarter analysis

nkdlunch
05-02-2006, 09:09 PM
For those of u not being able to watch the game here's my take:

Spurs came out playing beautifull ball for the first 10 minutes of the quarter. All starters were doing great things. Defense was great, it was great to see Bowen concentrating on only 1 player - Bonzi. Manu was guarding Artest and doing a good job too. The last 2 minutes of the quarter were bad. Pop's lineup was crap - Parker, Manu, Barry, Finley and Rasho. No utility man. Rasho can't be blamed he tried his best. Spurs lost the lead. Manu did some stupid passes and bad defense and Parker didn't get his teammates involved. Spurs are lucky to still be up by 1 by end of 1st.

nkdlunch
05-02-2006, 09:44 PM
2nd quarter. Duncan and Bowen back. Good D. Manu still there Pop is playing him more
than usual and trying to get him involved. Spurs build up 10 point lead in the first 4 mins.
Artest on the bench, Manu good D on Martin. Kings are confused call timeout. Duncan dominating with blocks
deflections, intimidation and Fgs.But Bowen sent to the bench and Artest back so Bonzi back to playing above his head with 7 consecutive
Kings points. Horry doing good things but bad TO by VanX by 6 mins to play in quarter.

Wells 3 ptr again! 10 straight points for Kings Fucking wells. But luckily Pop puts Bowen back in to guard him by 6 mins left in quarter.
Timmy is doing awesome, playing great D and even making his FTs. Why is VAnX still on the floor, that boy is not doing shit! Wells starts to
miss as soon as Bowen guards and Spurs defense seems whole again with Bowen in. Kings get close and by 3 mins trail by only 2.

Next 2 minutes, Kings play typical Kings ball, Wells and Martin are for real. Wells, 20 pts. in 1st half! Finley is doing absolutely nothing for
us. Manu got lost by half of 2nd quarter and now is giving the ball up as soon as someone passes to him. :madrun :madrun

THis is fucking bullshit. After half of 2nd quarter, SPurs are playing like they don't wanna win. God Damn. This series is Wells and Martins revelation series. Spurs have a hard job ahead of them.

nkdlunch
05-02-2006, 09:44 PM
If I was Pop I'd put Bowen on Bonzi and ONLY Bonzi for the rest of the game.

nkdlunch
05-02-2006, 10:36 PM
3d quarter. Wells is still playing ridiculous. Good thing Pop checked into Spurstalk.com account and logged in
in at halftime. He put Bowen on Wells and looks like is gonna stick to that. By 5 mins past the 3d, Wells is slowed
down and SPurs lead by 2. Spurs build up an 8 pt lead with Bowen on Bonzi. Great defense. Manu starts to show some signs. Bibby and
Kenny Thomas sit down w/4 fouls. THings looking good until Bowen pick up his 4th foul and has to sit down.

VanX and Finley come back. They did nothing in the 1st half. Duncan,Bowen,Manu,Horry on bench. But somehow Spurs start playing good ball
FInley makes a good 3 and VanX good assist. Good defense by all, Barry helping out and Spurs build a 10pt lead with 2.22 left in the 3d!

WOw wow wow, Finley makes 2 2pts, and a sick pass to Barry, same play as last play in game 2 to Barry. Barry and Finley playing great. VanX
finally made a few assists and Duncan came in and came out of the bench doing good things. Even Manu was Manu for a while and did a sick play
and dunk with Artest was guarding him. Spurs by 12 by end of 3d. that was an awesome 2nd half of 3d quarter!!!!!!!!!

nkdlunch
05-02-2006, 11:05 PM
4th quarter. Manu is alive. 3ptr to start the quarter. SPurs by 12. Barry and Finley still in there with VanX.
Barry is impressing. Kings are not the same as they were in the 1st half. Maybe it's fatigue or the crowd. Spurs
still leading by 12.

Bibby and Artest consecutive 3s. Bowen is keeping Wells in check but Barry, Finley and Parker making some defensive
mistakes. Kings shooting lights out, cut the lead to 4 with 6 mins to play.

Next 2 mins. Kings and Spurs trading baskets. Parker 2 fgs, good! BUT WHY THE FUCK IS FINLEY GUARDING ARTEST????? 3 straight
FGs for ARTEST KIngs cut the lead and tie tie the game w/2 mins left. Manu makes a Fg, but game is tied by Bonzi. Why the fuck
is Finley guarding ARtest??? Manu was doing a better job. FUCK!@! by 3mins left Spurs lead by 2

Spurs finally come back to playing Spurs ball. Bowen guards Wells. The ball finally keeps going back to Duncan. And he makes the
correct decisions in the last 4 plays. 2 FGs and 2 Assists. Spurs lead by 5 with 55 secs left. Finley big defensive play!!!!!

Manu gets fouled for the rest of the game and makes the free throws. SPurs game.

These are my MVPs in order:

Duncan (he was the reason we won)
Bowen (for his defense on Bonzi, if we keep this up, the series is ours)
Parker (very consistent, his outside shot was actually decent)
Manu (of course 4th quarter Manu)
Barry (good defense plus great outside shooting)
Finley, Horry (turned around)
VanX, Rasho (rasho was decent, vanx was bad sometimes and good sometimes)

cheguevara
05-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Bowen did lock up Bonzi at the end. and Duncan was the same old Playoff Duncan. This is why we won.

cheguevara
05-02-2006, 11:16 PM
And Manu, Barry and FInley were good role players.

bonesinaz
05-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the analysis.

nkdlunch
05-02-2006, 11:22 PM
no problem.

I call it how I see it. and I see the Kings winning game 6. Even though I did predicted Spurs in 6. Bonzi is just having a breakout playoffs and Bibby + Martin + the rest of the role players still owe a good game.

This Kings team is bad-ass I tell u. But Spurs will prevail by the end of the series. But it will take some anomaly to win game 6 on the road.