PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Game 6

Spurologist
05-02-2006, 11:26 PM
1. someone please check Bonzi's blood type. I think we have a mismatch. He obviously can't go off in game 6 like he did tonight. 38 pts and 12 rbds is insane. The crowd will eat that up and get his teammates going. Making Bonzi defend is an idea.

2. Get TD the ball inside. He can't be stopped inside by Miller/SAR. His play led us to the win tonight.

3. REBOUND REBOUND REBOUND

4. Artest is roaming out there like a wild animal. He needs to be tamed. I still think pop should take Vanx out and insert Marks. Artest/Bonzi is least effective against bigger guys. They are streaky jump shooters. Once they dominated smalls like FIN/MANU/TP and that gave him confidence.

5. TP/Manu need to keep playing well by attacking all the time. It was good to see Tp make some outside jumpers and maintaining his aggressiveness. He got bibby in foul trouble and helped hold him to 3-12 shooting. Confidence is high for him now. Manu is back to the manu of last year. There was talk that he couldn't score on Artest. Critics said he scored 30 in game 2 because artest was on him. He shut them up.

6. Bench play. It will be key. Timely bench shots are always crucial. Brent/FIN have played great. Horry hasn't had a good playoff game based on his history

7. Game 6: at SAC
Fri, May 5 - 10:30 pm EDT 9:30 central
TV: ESPN
THANK YOU

There are probably more points but these are crucial. Discuss.

Horry For 3!
05-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Good stuff :tu

Vingianx
05-02-2006, 11:37 PM
excellent points

KingsFanWithoutName
05-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Point not mentioned:

1. You defended your home court again. Good job. It was scary for you guys for a bit, I know this. Bonzi can't be stopped by the Spurs. I don't know why, it is just fact.

2. Bibby and Miller have been no-shows this series, be thankful.

3. Welcome to ARCO bitches.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-02-2006, 11:42 PM
1. Bonzi is averaging roughly 25/12 for the series, inlcuding games of 25/17, 28/12 and 38/12. I see it happening again since no-one we have has gone close to slowing him down.

Otherwise, nice rundown.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-02-2006, 11:44 PM
oh, and add Bonzi to the list of famed Spurs killers, with Starbury and Billups, and who else..?

Hakeem.

Rod Strickland. :lol :oops

Spurologist
05-02-2006, 11:46 PM
Point not mentioned:

1. You defended your home court again. Good job. It was scary for you guys for a bit, I know this. Bonzi can't be stopped by the Spurs. I don't know why, it is just fact.

I never said anything about stopping him. Bonzi is not MJ. Him getting 38 pts again will be because of divine interventation. Bonzi probably played his absolute best. Be thankful.

Bibby has played like shit because ughggh maybe his counterpart is playing better. TP plays pretty good D.

Arco is not as loud when the better team is winning.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2006, 11:49 PM
spurologist hit on a great point - make Bonzi work at the defensive end, and he won't be as fresh at the other end.

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-02-2006, 11:51 PM
1. You'd think he'd come back down to earth. I don't want to think about how kings fans will be if he keeps it up.

2. Damn right. He's still got it.

3. We won tonight. We won the game.

4. Artest does need to be stopped. Marks might be worth a try.

5. TP's okay and didn't we all know Manu would be back?

6. It would be great to see Horry kill them w/some 3's for old time sake.
Will he start again?

7. Let's finish them off while they're against the ropes. Do not let them back into this series.

8. Keep up the rebounding &...

9. GO! SPURS GO!

sprrs
05-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Point not mentioned:

By that logic if we have to we'll take care of business in 7.

FloppinIsGreat
05-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Bonzi Wells is not this good, he is just having a hot streak at the right time. Hell, every dog has his day, and this series is Bonzi's. I won't believe that he is anything other than a dog with his one series until he proves otherwise in the future. He is playing very well right now, but to any team who is looking to sign him to a big contract in the future - beware. This is fools gold. This guy is normally a horrible outside shooter, but tonight he got hot. Don't count on that to last. And he may look calm now since he is playing well, but if he has any adversity he starts to act like a spoiled bitch with a horrible attitude. This is his one shining moment.

Nero
05-03-2006, 12:00 AM
How are you supposed to make Bonzi work on the defensive end? Should we ask Bowen/Barry/Finley to create off the dribble against him? I don't see that working. We're just a perfect matchup for Bonzi with nobody who can put a body on him while staying with him on the perimeter.
Our guards have to keep crashing the boards for all the odd rebounds. That's what made the difference in this game.
Ball handlers beware, the Kings are playing aggressive D, and going for steals.
Harrass Artest every time he gets the ball. He has no handles and should cough it up. We're being too passive with him. Same for Bonzi to a lesser extent.

SAGambler
05-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Pressure is on the Kings now. It's win or go fishing. They can't play loose and relaxed any more.. Those 3s they hit tonight may not be falling come Friday..

I mean....come on....Bonzi a 60% 3 point shooter....give me a break....Hell, he made damn near as many tonight as he's made all year....

He may be good for 20 or 25 Friday. I just don't see another 38 or whatever the hell he lucked his way to tonight....

TP and Manu just need to start driving early and try to get them in foul trouble.

Feed the ball into Tim and let him do his up and under and draw fouls on the big men.

I think the Spurs end this thing come Friday night.

101A
05-03-2006, 12:02 AM
Spurs will win; tonite's game was close by design; ala Phoenix last season.

Bonzi & Artest each played over 46 minutes, and Bibby 42, the run the Spurs put on them the last 3 minutes was predictable. All Spurs have to do is stay close, and execute down the stretch - it has worked 2/3 times this series, and sans Manu's turnover, 3/3. Tie game w/3 minutes left Friday; even at Arco, and Kings are gonna get tight.

Spurs just need to take care of business.

Spurologist
05-05-2006, 01:55 AM
One more thing. It's the time the spurs had a good run on the defensive end. Bowen needs to end Well's parade. I don't think the spurs have shown consistent, discipline play on defense. I just have a feeling all of those contested jumpers they have been making won't fall come game 6.

DDS4
05-05-2006, 02:02 AM
Championship teams win on the road when they have to.

If Sac thinks they'll win just cuz it's Arco, they're in for a rude awakening.

J.T.
05-05-2006, 02:30 AM
If Sac thinks they'll win just cuz it's Arco, they're in for a rude awakening.

Word.

Bonzi & Ron won't be that accurate from 3 point land again. Force them into long jumpers and threes and its over. Rebounding is key also. Solid play from Tim, Tony, Manu and the bench is key.

MISSING: HAVE YOU SEEN ME?
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20050620/horry_6848.jpg

Borosai
05-05-2006, 02:37 AM
I agree motherfuckers. Give CrazyMan and ProteinShake space to shoot from the outside...not only will that bring down their shooting percentage, but will also keep them from getting the rebounds...that is if the Spurs box out. I feel a blow out...my hair is so bangin'.

MI21
05-05-2006, 05:34 AM
1. Play Robert Horry.

That is all.

Trifecta
05-05-2006, 08:47 AM
By game end, Spurs WILL quiet the ARCO crowd so much that ARCO will turn into a memorial service for the Kings!!!

Spurs in six baby!!!

TD, Fin, MANU will rise up tonight!!!

austinfan
05-05-2006, 10:00 AM
I agree with you guys who said Bonzi is due for a let-down game. He posted 38 points in Game 5 and it still wasn't enough for the Kings to win, so if we can hold him to 20-25, we'll be in good shape, *if* we continue to rebound and get the ball to Tim on a regular basis. The law of averages dictates that Rasho and/or Nazr should show up soon for a game, so maybe we'll see something out of one or both of them in Game 6. The Law of Divine Intervention dictates that Horry will deliver a dagger 3 in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter, so I'm hoping we see that too.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2006, 10:06 AM
The Spurs need some rebounding. Why not play Oberto? It seems like the perfect matchup, and waiting until game 7 doesn't seem like a good time to try it.

maddnezz
05-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Point not mentioned:

I know why cause ain't nobody hit his ass good enough!!! And that's gonna happen tonite!! Now what busta????? :flag: :nutkick: :fro

Spurologist
05-05-2006, 04:51 PM
The Spurs need some rebounding. Why not play Oberto? It seems like the perfect matchup, and waiting until game 7 doesn't seem like a good time to try it.

Nah. Marks should have seen the floor. Marks has a decent outside shot and well Oberto is still building his ___ house.

RON ARTEST
05-05-2006, 05:04 PM
How are you supposed to make Bonzi work on the defensive end? Should we ask Bowen/Barry/Finley to create off the dribble against him? I don't see that working. We're just a perfect matchup for Bonzi with nobody who can put a body on him while staying with him on the perimeter.
Our guards have to keep crashing the boards for all the odd rebounds. That's what made the difference in this game.
Ball handlers beware, the Kings are playing aggressive D, and going for steals.
Harrass Artest every time he gets the ball. He has no handles and should cough it up. We're being too passive with him. Same for Bonzi to a lesser extent.
ARTEST has no handles? what games have you benn watching? dumbass

Texas_Ranger
05-05-2006, 05:04 PM
1.Defense
2.Play on Tim
3.Rebounds
4.Bench
5.Don`t get disurb by the SAC fans
6.If we win, we are closer to the trophy

boutons_
05-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Tonight, I'll take any flavor, any color, any shape, any level of ugliness and controversy, by the tiniest of margins, ...

... just get the fncking W!

And, everybody needs to come out healthy.

RON ARTEST
05-05-2006, 05:22 PM
you guys might as well make the game 7 thread. your not coming into ARCO and winning. sorry.

Spurologist
05-05-2006, 05:26 PM
you guys might as well make the game 7 thread. your not coming into ARCO and winning. sorry.

Let's just hope you man up and stick around after reality hits you in the face of who will be the better team today

You had your parade. Bonzi/Artest have been all world in this series. Bonzi will return the body he stole and reality will resume. Spurs in six.

RON ARTEST
05-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Spurs in six.
just like you guy said it would be a sweep or spurs in 5? you guys are pathetic. dont worry i will be back after we kick the spurs asses tonight. 3-3 bitches!!!!!!!!!

Borosai
05-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Ron, take your meds.

Spurologist
05-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Ron, take your meds.

:lol might be running out

RON ARTEST
05-05-2006, 05:42 PM
:lol might be running out
i am. im bound to snap at any time. you better tell manu to watch out otherwise im gonna knock that big annoying nose off his face. :lol

RON ARTEST
05-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Ron, hit manu.
ok i will. but remember you asked for it.

The Rock
05-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Know What I Think About Game Six?

ducks
05-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Where Is The Pic Of The Kings Nba Trophy's

Spurologist
05-05-2006, 05:53 PM
i am. im bound to snap at any time. you better tell manu to watch out otherwise im gonna knock that big annoying nose off his face. :lol

You seem a bit joyous and happy. I'm assuming your date with David Stern went well.

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/images/artest%20stern.jpg

Congrats

1Parker1
05-05-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm just hoping tonight's not that game where Bibby goes off. Spurs have shown they can win with Bonzi scoring 20 and 12 and Artest throwing in 20. But if ALL THREE have a good game, that puts even more pressure on the Spurs and the bench to step it up.

RON ARTEST
05-05-2006, 06:33 PM
You seem a bit joyous and happy. I'm assuming your date with David Stern went well.

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/images/artest%20stern.jpg

Congrats
when stern told me i was sexy i tried to kill him. thats the real reason i was suspended 73 games not because of the brawl.

Spurologist
05-05-2006, 06:40 PM
when stern told me i was sexy i tried to kill him. thats the real reason i was suspended 73 games not because of the brawl.

It all makes sense now :rolleyes

RON ARTEST
05-05-2006, 06:41 PM
It all makes sense now :rolleyes
good.

mikejones99
05-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Have a nice vacation Ron. Last game in Sacramento finally.