CLOTHESLINE!

Heres the video for those who didn't catch it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEG4F84Odtc&search=raja%20bell

PM5K
05-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Just posted...

CharlieMac
05-03-2006, 12:05 AM
What a stupid, STUPID move. That's a suspension.

CharlieMac
05-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Smart move by Kobe though for holding back.

Spurologist
05-03-2006, 12:06 AM
FUCK head play by Bell. He should be suspended after those soft suspensions set the precedent

PM5K
05-03-2006, 12:06 AM
That was horribly stupid, with your team up, and you being important to them, to do something like that that will get you suspended...

Spurs rock
05-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!

Spurologist
05-03-2006, 12:08 AM
That was horribly stupid, with your team up, and you being important to them, to do something like that that will get you suspended...

in a clinching game 6 for the fakers no less

TDMVPDPOY
05-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Nash Tags Raja Yeh

DDS4
05-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Did Raja get hit earlier in the game? Retaliation might be his motive. Or he's a dumbass.

PM5K
05-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Did Raja get hit earlier in the game? Retaliation might be his motive. Or he's a dumbass.

It was getting scrappy, but he shouldn't have responded that way...

Borosai
05-03-2006, 12:19 AM
I've never liked Bell...he seems like a punk for some reason...kinda like Ray Allen...I get the same feeling from both. Anyway, I didn't see it...gotta watch SportsCenter now...fantastic.

Tek_XX
05-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Steve Nash has pimped up rage

and that's definitly a suspension, due to the fact that they've already suspended for less these playoffs.

Spurologist
05-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Nash with a weak defense for a potential suspension. "With all the hard fouls... I think I'd be unfair"

It's a suspension Nashy. Get that through your head.

Slinkyman
05-03-2006, 12:29 AM
i don't know, rip didn't get suspended and neither did nut grabber reggie evans. I think the league may be done giving out suspensions.

Tek_XX
05-03-2006, 12:33 AM
i don't know, rip didn't get suspended and neither did nut grabber reggie evans. I think the league may be done giving out suspensions.

They'll hand out as many as they need to. And besides they want to see L.A vs. L.A neway.

baseline bum
05-03-2006, 12:33 AM
What an idiot. That was reminiscient of the time he swung his elbow at Tony's nose (for no reason) and missed by like an inch and a half. He wasn't making any basketball play whatsoever against Parker, and then he pulled the same thing on Bryant. What a moron... they still had a great shot to take that series, but that's over with no one to guard Bryant in game 6.

Spurologist
05-03-2006, 12:34 AM

Trust me. Sternie is the owner of the fakers. A quick call to Stuie will get the suspension.

Mixability
05-03-2006, 12:36 AM
Nash with a weak defense for a potential suspension. "With all the hard fouls... I think I'd be unfair"

It's a suspension Nashy. Get that through your head.

Yeah, Nash basically pulled the adolescent, "Well, they STARTED it!" defense. What a pussy. Nash deserves to go home and take his MVP fishing with him.

Slinkyman
05-03-2006, 12:38 AM
geez, since when was there so many laker fans here?

Tek_XX
05-03-2006, 12:42 AM

No one is a laker fan here but if the spurs have to face someone you'd rather see these Lakers than the suns

Mixability
05-03-2006, 12:45 AM

I'm a basketball fan, which is why I'm not a Raja Bell fan. I've been waiting for him to "snap" and he didn't disappoint. Do you actually think he was going for the ball?

Slinkyman
05-03-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm a basketball fan, which is why I'm not a Raja Bell fan. I've been waiting for him to "snap" and he didn't disappoint. Do you actually think he was going for the ball?

no, was bruce going for the ball when he kicked ray allen?
:lol

Mixability
05-03-2006, 12:47 AM
no, was bruce going for the ball when he kicked ray allen?
:lol

Gay Allen was making it a point to sit on his foot.

side note: Phil Jax just said Raja shouldn't be suspended. :spin

Slinkyman
05-03-2006, 12:51 AM
Gay Allen was making it a point to sit on his foot.

side note: Phil Jax just said Raja shouldn't be suspended. :spin

kobe also elbowed bell, not on purpose but excuses are just that, excuses. what bell did was dumb and classless and the same can be said for what bruce did.

CharlieMac
05-03-2006, 12:51 AM
What an idiot. That was reminiscient of the time he swung his elbow at Tony's nose (for no reason) and missed by like an inch and a half. He wasn't making any basketball play whatsoever against Parker, and then he pulled the same thing on Bryant. What a moron... they still had a great shot to take that series, but that's over with no one to guard Bryant in game 6.

I had already forgotten about that. I guess Kobe was right in saying there are bigger fish to fry.......

cheguevara
05-03-2006, 01:02 AM
SUns in 7. Book it

JamStone
05-03-2006, 02:25 AM
I bet Kobe doesn't want Raja Bell to be suspended. With Kobe's mentality, he would rather Raja play so he can beat him on the court. That would be sweeter and more satisfying for Bryant. That's the kind of ego he has. I wonder what Kobe said about Bell possibly getting suspended.

JamStone
05-03-2006, 02:43 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2006/05/03/suns.lakers.ap/index.html

"It's a physical game," Bryant said. "I'm not trying to go out there and elbow somebody, that's not the way I play. If you get elbowed, you still have to keep your cool. I get elbowed all the time."

Funny that Kobe would say that because I remember when Kobe got elbowed by Mike Miller in a regular season game, and he lost his cool and elbowed Mike Miller in the throat, resulting in a two game suspension. Kobe conveniently forgot about that.

JMarkJohns
05-03-2006, 03:49 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2006/05/03/suns.lakers.ap/index.html

"It's a physical game," Bryant said. "I'm not trying to go out there and elbow somebody, that's not the way I play. If you get elbowed, you still have to keep your cool. I get elbowed all the time."

Funny that Kobe would say that because I remember when Kobe got elbowed by Mike Miller in a regular season game, and he lost his cool and elbowed Mike Miller in the throat, resulting in a two game suspension. Kobe conveniently forgot about that.

I also remember Bryant, who lead with his elbows more than any player I've ever seen, club guys in the face, two, three times a game.

He may not intend to hit them, but by leading with or swinging your elbows around, you're basically begging for contact, especially from an in-your-face defender like Bell.

It was definately dirty and if no suspension is given, the Suns will be damn lucky. If one is, it's deserved... I can only hope this helps change the game because if the Lakers aren't allowed this overly physical crap, their interior defense and rebounding edge is out the window.

jmard5
05-03-2006, 04:35 AM
Kobe wants to face Bell next game so that he can own him on the court.

Phil Jackson also wants Bell on the court next game so that Laker fans will have a in their succeeding games.

Classic Phil doing the psychological job again.

mffl89
05-03-2006, 04:41 AM
if kwame didnt get suspended for what he did, i dont think bell should either...this series has been a physical one and it wouldnt be right if a sun's player suddenly gets penalized it

CubanMustGo
05-03-2006, 07:45 AM
if kwame didnt get suspended for what he did, i dont think bell should either...this series has been a physical one and it wouldnt be right if a sun's player suddenly gets penalized it

Kwame is being investigated for an off-court incident and hasn't even been indicted, let alone found guilty. I don't believe you go around suspending people just because an accusation has been made.

We all saw what Bell did. It's on film. I'm not a Kobe fan but doing what Bell did calls for the suspension.

Taco
05-03-2006, 08:05 AM
CLOTHESLINE!

Heres the video for those who didn't catch it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEG4F84Odtc&search=raja%20bell

DIRTY PLAY!!!

JamStone
05-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Kwame is being investigated for an off-court incident and hasn't even been indicted, let alone found guilty. I don't believe you go around suspending people just because an accusation has been made.

We all saw what Bell did. It's on film. I'm not a Kobe fan but doing what Bell did calls for the suspension.

Um, I think he's referring to the elbow Kwame threw at Boris Diaw's head in game 2, not the alleged sexual assault investigation.

2Cleva
05-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Bell is so suspended. Bad move for him. Killed all momentum Phoenix got for the win and puts the media focus on him instead of on Kwame. Plus, LA will be extremely fired up, as will the fans.

Slinkyman
05-03-2006, 10:22 AM
i was just thinking, if the league had this same policy in the 90's every player from the Pat Riley's knicks and every "Bad Boy" from Detroit would have recieved atleast a one game suspension. Bill laimbeer, Dennis Rodman, PJ Brown and Charles Oakley are all guys who played hard and who commited hard fouls, what's wrong with that? The NBA is turning into a league of pussies, if someone throws a punch suspend them but if it's a hard foul just fine them.

2Cleva
05-03-2006, 10:31 AM
The league has changed but I wouldn't give it to that extent. What they are trying to do is bring back the fluidity to the game. Because of all of those hard fouls and physical plays on the 80s, it led to coaches like Riley and Van Gundy bringing that slug-em out play to the regular season which in turn lowered the scores and made for an uglier game.

Everything is related.

ForestBrain
05-03-2006, 09:15 PM
I enjoyed it.....