PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Lou is awesome

kris
05-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Crazy Lou needs to patent when he says "MAKE SOME NOOOOIIIISSSSSEEE!"

Today he was talking about how he was tired of hearing about the Kings crowd and told the Spurs fans to show everyone what they were about and the crowd erupted. It was awesome and then that one Ying Yang Twins song starts playing and it set a great atmosphere for the start of the game.

I think he should seriously patent his "Make Some Noise" like Michael Buffer did with "Lets get ready to rumble."

He does an awesome job energizing the crowd. The Spurs have themselves a keeper.

SenorSpur
05-03-2006, 12:06 AM
I thought that dude was gone. I went to the last Mavs/Spurs game and there was a "skinny" guy doing the "in-game" presentations.

exstatic
05-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Chris Duel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crazy Lou

angel_luv
05-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Crazy Lou is awesome. Too bad he doesn't have more to work with.

Dude, our arena fans need to step it up! I was so mad at how the majority of them were sitting down quietly with three minutes to go and the game tied. Why on earth do you need to be told to get on your feet at a time like that?!??!
These are the same people that will scream their lungs out for a $2.00 t-shirt that will rip the first time they wash it. Perspective please people!

Oooh this bugged me too! One of my co-workers, from the time the restaurant opened on ,did not stop accusing the team to me- "why doesn't Finley do this, I can't believe Manu did that. We're gonna die! blah blah blah."
I had been patient with him the whole night but then he started in on me in the final minutes, even as the Spurs were obviously fighting hard to win.
Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I shoved the guy away hard and yelled at him (over the screaming crowd) to " Stop it!"
Needless to say he didn't bother me anymore.

Fear the Angel! :fro :lol

spurs=bling
05-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Oooh this bugged me too! One of my co-worker from the time the restaurant opened on who would not stop accusing the team to me- "why doesn't Finley do this, I can't believe Manu did that. We're gonna die! blah blah blah."
I had been patient with him the whole night but then he started in on me in the final minutes, even as the Spurs were obviously fighting hard to win.
Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I shoved the guy away hard and yelled at him (over the screaming crowd) to " Stop it!"

Fear the Angel!

*tears*

:clap good job angel. sometimes you gotta do those kinda things.

Old School Chic
05-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Yes, Indeed...

Spurs fans who are lucky enough to attend a Spurs game at the at&t center should show their full support by screaming and getting a little bit more excited for the team...
How hard can that be? :rolleyes

SequSpur
05-03-2006, 12:35 AM
I'm tired of Stan Kelly saying 1st foul in the last 2 minutes when teams are already in the fucking bonus.

The guy is a fuckin tool and needs to learn the fuckin rules.

angel_luv
05-03-2006, 12:40 AM
The people around me were ridiculous tonight.

They either wanted me to comfort/convince them that Spurs would win or tried to get me to join them in cursing the team and calling it a season.

It was truly awful.

ShoogarBear
05-03-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm tired of Stan Kelly saying 1st foul in the last 2 minutes when teams are already in the fucking bonus.

The guy is a fuckin tool and needs to learn the fuckin rules.
:lmao

ShoogarBear
05-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Oooh this bugged me too! One of my co-workers, from the time the restaurant opened on ,did not stop accusing the team to me- "why doesn't Finley do this, I can't believe Manu did that. We're gonna die! blah blah blah."

Fear the Angel! :fro :lol
You should have stabbed him in the eye with a fork and told him to step the fuck off.

That's when you'll know you've been going to too many GTGs.

FreshPrince22
05-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Stan Kelly makes my ears blead... Seriously, he sounds liked a 100 year old retard screaming for someone to turn on Matlock at the nursing home.

"Here Come *crack* the Spurrrrrrrr*crack*rrrrrrrrrs!" :hang

01Snake
05-03-2006, 12:44 AM
How about the dumbass that flips off the camera when he and his girlfriend are shown on the Jumbotron. Idiot!

SequSpur
05-03-2006, 12:45 AM
i don't like advocating a change, but Stan Kelly sucks. He also does the missions games, which is probably why I never go to those crappy game.s

ShoogarBear
05-03-2006, 12:45 AM
Somebody flipped off the Jumbotron tonight?

angel_luv
05-03-2006, 12:46 AM
(Yes I'm still venting- last one I promise. It was sooo bad for me guys! )

As aggrivated as it makes me that people don't cheer, I could deal with that if they would just leave me be while I support the team.

I'm just glad I am spending the next game with you guys. :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-03-2006, 12:47 AM
You should have stabbed him in the eye with a fork and told him to step the fuck off.

That's when you'll know you've been going to too many GTGs.

The day Angel shanks anybody is the day that Rasho Nesterovic passes Michael Jordan as the greatest player of all time.

SequSpur
05-03-2006, 12:48 AM
I know in section 210, it was mutually agreed upon that the adjective fukkin was proper language tonight and sentences were usually closed with God Damn it. :lol

efrem1
05-03-2006, 12:49 AM
The people around me were ridiculous tonight.

They either wanted me to comfort/convince them that Spurs would win or tried to get me to join them in cursing the team and calling it a season.

It was truly awful.

Sorry angel to hear that. I notice at one point in the 3rd that there was a lot of empty seats behind the SPurs bench. They need to get a clue.

braeden0613
05-03-2006, 12:51 AM
yeah i saw that...they moved away fast so it was hard to see

angel_luv
05-03-2006, 12:54 AM

Manny?

ShoogarBear
05-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Manny?
:lol

Or batman. I can't keep them straight these days.

angel_luv
05-03-2006, 12:58 AM
hehe :)

FloppinIsGreat
05-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Yes, Indeed...

Spurs fans who are lucky enough to attend a Spurs game at the at&t center should show their full support by screaming and getting a little bit more excited for the team...
The problem is that all of the courtside seats and most of the lower level seats go to those corporate bitches who only care about being "seen" and maybe getting a sniff of Eva Longoria. They don't give a shit about the Spurs and certainly will not "embarrass" themselves by actually standing and cheering. If they put all of the crazy vatos from the top down there the place would be rocking courtside, but the downside for the NBA would be that Artest and Wells would have probably been shanked at some time during the game. :lol :lol

MannyIsGod
05-03-2006, 01:58 AM
Dude, I don't know what arena smoe of you were at, but the AT&T was rocking tonight. I was actually proud of the fans, that place was fucking loud.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 02:02 AM
The arena was super loud tonight. Even the lower level. It was one of the loudest arenas I've been to (and I've been to a lot of other city's arenas during the playoffs).

T Park
05-03-2006, 02:03 AM
Chris Duel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crazy Lou

agreed

Hes a complete assmonkey.

The place was rockin tonight no question.

And angel, the reason it was quiet, is party cause we were worn the fuck out.

You cant stand and scream for 48 minutes, ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!

You gotta take a break!

but i literally have zero voice.

Nothing comes out when I speak.

I was on fumes with 2 minutes left in the 4th.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 02:08 AM
:lmao @ this thread
I just read it all and realized that Angel luv shoved someone.

:lol :lmao :lol You know it's getting serious when Angel is ready to throw down. :princess

T Park
05-03-2006, 02:09 AM
it was prob more of a love tap.

I cant see Angel shoving anyone.

Silver21_Black20
05-03-2006, 02:12 AM

Oh...it is possible. Finals...Game 7, Detriot vs. Spurs. The crowd was on there feet 20 minutes before tip-off chanting Go Spurs Go! It was truly a beautiful sight.

timvp
05-03-2006, 02:15 AM
Angel Luv pushed me one time when I said Rasho needed to dunk it so I believe her.

Slomo
05-03-2006, 02:21 AM
The place was super loud today.

In this series I've sat in section 10 twice and in section 12 once, and I must say the people around me were always loud and chearing like true fans, so I honestly don't really know what some of you are complaining about.

Two seats to my left this two ladies were chearing for Rasho so hard and loud today, I thought they were related to Angel!

And the guy in the seat next to me spent the last 2 minutes of the game with his head between his knees, just peaking at the game every so often - because he couldn't handle it :lol

So much for lower level fans who don't care!

angel_luv
05-03-2006, 02:40 AM
it was prob more of a love tap.

I cant see Angel shoving anyone.

No I shoved him- really hard. He is not fat but he isn't small either and I moved him right over. I was so mad!!!!!!!!

As for the general crowd : sometimes the arena did need Stan Kelly's " a little help please prompt" before they got loud. I don't think that should be happening, especially during play offs.

When called upon, the crowd did respond. I can give them props for that.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 02:42 AM
The arena people did do well at some points- although several times they needed the "little help please" prompt from Stan Kelly. That is something I don't think should ever be the case in a play off game- especially a series turner like this one.

I thought the arena was nearly as loud as it was in Game 7 of the Finals -- in other words, Super Loud. When Stan was saying "little help" in the 4th quarter, it was already so loud that I couldn't hear the guy next to me who was yelling in my ear to talk to me.

angel_luv
05-03-2006, 02:48 AM

Baloney. I stand for the entire game, every game. And yell the whole time- ask anyone who works with me.

angel_luv
05-03-2006, 02:52 AM
I thought the arena was nearly as loud as it was in Game 7 of the Finals -- in other words, Super Loud. When Stan was saying "little help" in the 4th quarter, it was already so loud that I couldn't hear the guy next to me who was yelling in my ear to talk to me.

Touche! :)

Maybe I was overly distracted by the crummy atmosphere my co-workers caused. I was constantly surrounded by either whining or apathy.
It was awful. I wanted to tell them all to grow some- either that or push them off the ledge. :lol

maddnezz
05-03-2006, 03:01 AM
Yes, Indeed...

As hard as i am from looking at your avatar :lol

kris
05-03-2006, 03:36 AM
agreed

Hes a complete assmonkey.

The place was rockin tonight no question.

And angel, the reason it was quiet, is party cause we were worn the fuck out.

You gotta take a break!

but i literally have zero voice.

I was on fumes with 2 minutes left in the 4th.

Duel couldn't hold Crazy Lou's jockstrap.

Impossible is nothing, Tpark. After Game 6 against the Nets, I lost my voice so bad, the next 3 days I literally sounded as if I was mentally retarded. I was even humored by a nice stranger at the river walk parade.

Point being - it's possible, it's very possible.

You just have to give 103% like I did one summer's eve.

Kamnik
05-03-2006, 05:00 AM
:lmao @ this thread
I just read it all and realized that Angel luv shoved someone.

:lol :lmao :lol You know it's getting serious when Angel is ready to throw down. :princess
change you "bra"avatar Kori

i cant read properly :)

ShoogarBear
05-03-2006, 06:40 AM
Baloney. I stand for the entire game, every game. And yell the whole time- ask anyone who works with me.
Damn, angel is still going off. Consider that the verbal equivalent of a shove.

SpursWoman
05-03-2006, 06:41 AM

:lol :lol

Samr
05-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Several things annoy me:

- There is a "ball in play" policy that clearly states, if the ball is in play, you DO NOT GO TO YOUR SEAT. I can't fucking see the game if you are walking infront of me, so at least have the courtesy to do it during a dead ball. Next time I will trip you and laugh, Mr. McFattyFat-double-fisting-beers.

- The crowd seemingly does not like to cheer on their own. They must be pushed, and prodded, and provoked, and once the timeout is over they sit back down. GET OUT OF YOUR FUCKING SEATS AND YELL, DAMNIT! This isn't church, its a basketball game. ACT LIKE IT.

- The following taunts (from me) were greeted with stares and looks of disapproval: "Bonzi likes little boys!! (during free-throw)" "The ref needs to take a Wun-der-lick!! (sung in sing-song fashion)" "Hey Wells, is that eye shaddow!?" and chants of "Mini-Me" and "Stop humping the lazer (complete with air quotes)" were frequent during Bibby FTs. Ok, someone tell me when we all agreed it was completely inappropriate to have a little fun? A bunch of tight-asses in my section, I swear....

- The walking vendors. Hey guys, guess what? If you come by, and yell "beer" or "cotton candy" or "peanuts" and no one responds, it generally means no one wants anything. Chances are, when you come back three minutes later, it will be the same. So wait a little. You block my view and distract me during all the critical parts. If we want something, and it is the third or fourth quarter, we'll come find you. Please leave us alone.

- I don't know why you think Chris Duel was so great. My gaydar started beeping so loud when he got on the mic that I couldn't hear the game and almost asked for a rebound. The dude was the San Antonian equivalent of Carrot Top, and I'd rather have cervical cancer than listen to him feign excitement or interest one more time. I have never wanted to punch someone in the face so bad in my entire life.

ShoogarBear
05-03-2006, 06:58 AM
I have never seen anyone pay so much as lip service to the BiP rule at any Spurs game I've been to.

A-Train
05-03-2006, 07:25 AM
Once upon a time, a man walking around in a furry suit was enough to set off the fans...

angel_luv
05-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Damn, angel is still going off. Consider that the verbal equivalent of a shove.

I won't be yelling at anyone this morning- my voice is gone. :angel :lol

Sec24Row7
05-03-2006, 09:29 AM
The problem is that all of the courtside seats and most of the lower level seats go to those corporate bitches who only care about being "seen" and maybe getting a sniff of Eva Longoria. They don't give a shit about the Spurs and certainly will not "embarrass" themselves by actually standing and cheering. If they put all of the crazy vatos from the top down there the place would be rocking courtside, but the downside for the NBA would be that Artest and Wells would have probably been shanked at some time during the game. :lol :lol

I sit about 6 feet from Eva Longoria and am neither a corperate bitch nor apathetic about the Spurs.

Just because you sit in club 200 doesn't mean you have a monopoly on Spurs spirit.

I go to damned near every game, which is better than most of the people up there in the upper deck.

If upper deck fans are so rabid, they should buy season tickets.

Basically... fuck off?

pache100
05-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Dude, I don't know what arena smoe of you were at, but the AT&T was rocking tonight. I was actually proud of the fans, that place was fucking loud.

The arena was super loud tonight. Even the lower level. It was one of the loudest arenas I've been to (and I've been to a lot of other city's arenas during the playoffs).

I was watching at home, but we made a comment that the crowd was unusually loud, they were even drowning out the announcers at times. It was great to hear that.

Mixability
05-03-2006, 09:35 AM
I sit about 6 feet from Eva Longoria and am neither a corperate bitch nor apathetic about the Spurs.

Just because you sit in club 200 doesn't mean you have a monopoly on Spurs spirit.

I go to damned near every game, which is better than most of the people up there in the upper deck.

If upper deck fans are so rabid, they should buy season tickets.

Basically... fuck off?

:tu

Saying that true fans sit in the upper deck is just plain stupid.

SpursWoman
05-03-2006, 09:38 AM
:tu

Saying that true fans sit in the upper deck is just plain stupid.

No, saying that only true fans sit in the upper deck is just plain stupid. My season tickets are in the upper deck ... and I don't think anyone could accuse me of being a corporate bitch. Well...corporate, anyway.

:fro

Sec24Row7
05-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Another thing about Season Ticket holders (well at least me) is this.

I have watched two clinching finals games in person.

I have watched like 8 twenty point leads in the third quarter in a playoff game dissolve into nothing or a deficite in person.

I was at .4, Fisher was 30 feet from me.

I really don't smile until 0.0 is on the clock.

If I'm not going nuts like some 5 year old in a candy store when we have a 12 point lead going in to the 4th Quarter, sue me.

Ginofan
05-03-2006, 10:10 AM
agreed

I beg to differ T Park, Aggies do it every football game. ;)

Breaks are what halftime is for.

angel_luv
05-03-2006, 10:13 AM
I beg to differ T Park, Aggies do it every football game. ;)

Breaks are what halftime is for.

So do lots of fans oversees. :)

angel_luv
05-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Oh my gosh, you guys! I am still mad!!!!! :wtf Coworkers?!?!? :monkey

:lol

Mixability
05-03-2006, 10:19 AM
No, saying that only true fans sit in the upper deck is just plain stupid.

sorry, thats what i meant.

ShoogarBear
05-03-2006, 10:22 AM
I think there must be something about how the crowd is mic'd for TV at the AT&T.

When it's quiet, it sounds like a tomb.

When it's noisy, it still doesn't sound nearly as loud as Arco, AAC, or even Staples for that matter.

Drill Instructor
05-03-2006, 10:33 AM

Sounds like the usual Private T Pork to me!

Usually only things going in!

Drop and give me 25, you disgusting fatbody!

SpursWoman
05-03-2006, 10:41 AM

I have watched like 8 twenty point leads in the third quarter in a playoff game dissolve into nothing or a deficite in person.

If I'm not going nuts like some 5 year old in a candy store when we have a 12 point lead going in to the 4th Quarter, sue me.

That's funny that you say that...I was talking to User about that exact thing a while back. How you view a game can be a lot different when you're going to 50-55 games a season as opposed to 1 or 2 or 10. It's not that you're not rabid about your team, I mean hell....you shell out THOUSANDS every season to be able to be there.....but maybe familiarity breeds contempt? I dunno...

ShoogarBear
05-03-2006, 10:44 AM

And you did nothing to stop him?

See, this is exactly what we're talking about! Lame.

SpursWoman
05-03-2006, 10:49 AM

:lmao

kskonn
05-03-2006, 10:51 AM

that is good stuff!!! I tried to run down and tackle him but secureity got to me by row 3 or 4 , can't remember.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-03-2006, 10:52 AM
I would agree about the micing of the crowd. The SBCATT always sounds a little less quiet regardless of the sound coming from the fans - although I was very pleased with the crowd's intensity last night.

Also, the times I've sat in lower level seats and happen to be coming back to my seat during the game, the ushers will hold you back with those little "Brake Check" stop signs.

T Park
05-03-2006, 10:54 AM

Thank you very much *high 5*

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2006, 10:55 AM
I was critical of the crowd for Game 6 of the Finals last year and have come to believe that the AT&T Center crowd tends to be fairly apathetic on many nights, unless urged to do better. Last night was different -- that crowd seemed to take the challenge of giving the Spurs a home court advantage similar to the advantage that the Kings get in Arco. The crowd had some lulls, to be sure, but for the most part, was loud and in the game all night long. If you weren't there, it's hard to appreciate how loud the arena got. It was a relief to hear that in the First Round, but I think there was a bit of urgency (and, perhaps, desperation) involved last night. I'd like to see more fans feel that way about more playoff games. Many Spurs fans have been spoiled by success and the early round playoff games have become almost blase in San Antonio.

T Park
05-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Yeah, in my section the stupid ass ushers werent stopping people during ball in play.

Don't know how many times I had to watch the GD jumbotron to watch the friggen action.

NO WALKING DURING BIP!!!!

GRRRRR :angry

nkdlunch
05-03-2006, 11:00 AM
- The following taunts ... and chants of "Mini-Me" and "Stop humping the lazer (complete with air quotes)" were frequent during Bibby FTs.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2006, 11:02 AM
On a side note, I'm a big-time proponent of the ball in play rule and live by it everywhere that I go to watch games. I hate it when someone tries to get out right in the middle of a play or creates a commotion that distracts everyone from watching the game because Drunk Guy needs his 15th beer of the evening. Wait until the freakin' play is over -- in the NBA it's rarely more than 2 minutes between whistles -- and then go get your beer. It's pretty simple and, actually, (heaven forbid) quite considerate of your fellow fans.

nkdlunch
05-03-2006, 11:02 AM
I was watching at home, but we made a comment that the crowd was unusually loud, they were even drowning out the announcers at times. It was great to hear that.

Yup it was loud on my TV. louder than usual. I even heard multiple curse words during the broadcast, that's a good sign.

ShoogarBear
05-03-2006, 11:48 AM
I also religiously abide by BiP.

Of course, it helps that our seats are the two on the end. :p

Sec24Row7
05-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Problem is, they let people in when the whistle blows... and they are still in the row when they start the ball in again...

I sit on the aisle so I have to get up like 800 times a game for squirrel bladder woman to go take a leak, and I have to relay everyone's money and drink orders... That really really sucks...

LEONARD
05-03-2006, 11:57 AM
All those guys are an ass-whippin'...Detroit is the worst...

Humble Billy Hays at the AAC is a punchline here in Dallas...

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2006, 11:58 AM
I also religiously abide by BiP.

For what it's worth, the ignorance of BiP is apparently widespread. I was at Game 3 in Sacramento, and ran to the concourse during a timeout to get a drink. When I came back, the game had already restarted, so I stopped at the top of the stairs and waited. The usher came up to me and said "You know, nobody does that anymore."

I had the same thing happen at Camden Yards a few years ago, too.