PDA

View Full Version : Bowen assist to Duncan

Fabbs
05-03-2006, 10:00 AM
While it was but one play in a night of many good plays, anyone think the Bruce Bowen drive into the key, fake shot shuffle step underhand it to Tim for the assist was a huge play?

99-96 with 1 minute left at the time. Seems like Bonzi and Artest could not miss at that point.

I thought it was great play. Props to Bowen.

SA Gunslinger
05-03-2006, 10:03 AM
While it was but one play in a night of many good plays, anyone think the Bruce Bowen drive into the key, fake shot shuffle step underhand it to Tim for the assist was a huge play?

99-96 with 1 minute left at the time. Seems like Bonzi and Artest could not miss at that point.

I thought it was great play. Props to Bowen.

That was the play of the game. I thought Bruce was going to get stripped.

Solid D
05-03-2006, 10:19 AM
I didn't notice the shuffle step but it was a big play...as was the next play which was the pass Fin stole on the baseline when Bibby drove and tried to pass to Miller in the corner.

I also thought earlier when the Spurs had just gotten a huge rebound (TP) after an Artest miss, with the Spurs leading by 2...Finley throwing the skip pass over the top to Bruce who upfaked his man closing out and then Bruce re-penetrated and broke out the finger-roll. That was huge.

Jimcs50
05-03-2006, 11:04 AM
I didn't notice the shuffle step but it was a big play...as was the next play which was the pass Fin stole on the baseline when Bibby drove and tried to pass to Miller in the corner.

I also thought earlier when the Spurs had just gotten a huge rebound (TP) after an Artest miss, with the Spurs leading by 2...Finley throwing the skip pass over the top to Bruce who upfaked his man closing out and then Bruce re-penetrated and broke out the finger-roll. That was huge.

I called the Finley play, the play of the game. The steal and the 2 FTs that followed, put the game out of reach, for all practical purposes.

The Bowen play was set up because Bruce made the same drive earlier and hit a short jumpshot, they played him for the shot this time and TD's man came to Bruce, leaving the passing lane wide open for the nice pass and TD basket. Great play, IMO.

ShoogarBear
05-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Bruce's agressiveness was one very key piece. By the end of the game, they had to start paying just enough attenion to him when he drove that it opened up some opoortunites.

The Kings aren't going to stop doubling off him, but he has to continue to make them pay for it.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Bruce's agressiveness was one very key piece. By the end of the game, they had to start paying just enough attenion to him when he drove that it opened up some opoortunites.

The Kings aren't going to stop doubling off him, but he has to continue to make them pay for it.

I agree. Bowen's got to keep Sacto honest. When he's being aggressive it seems to open the offense up for a lot of our other guys.