PDA

View Full Version : Rasho-- stay home

ManuTastic
05-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Rasho could not get out of his own way last night. I didn't see the first four games, but surely Nazr played better??
I got no problem with starting Horry, but Rasho was a giant waste of space last night.
(Only sour note on a great victory, just had to vent.)

thispego
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
uh oh, que the slovenians, this argentine had soemthing ugly to say about a Spurs player of international origin

Brutalis
05-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Rasho just over commits on the ball and gets beat. He needs to remember he is a center sometimes.

I really thought he had an upside when he came over from the Pups but I see now the money might have went to his head and not to his game.

Ginofan
05-03-2006, 01:04 PM
I thought Rasho did alright last night. I haven't looked at his stats, but it seemed to me that in the second half he was blocking, rebounding, and tipping boards like usual. What sticks out in your mind that makes you think he was a waste of space? Maybe I missed it.

Vashner
05-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Rasho needs co-ordination training... more focus to attention. Less clumbsy.

leemajors
05-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Rasho could not get out of his own way last night. I didn't see the first four games, but surely Nazr played better??
I got no problem with starting Horry, but Rasho was a giant waste of space last night.

nazr has been a total waste of space this series. rasho has totally outplayed him.

The Great One
05-03-2006, 01:12 PM
shit, rasho is the best player on your team. without him you would have been eliminated in this series 4-0. he makes kobe look like luke walton.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-03-2006, 01:14 PM
uh oh, que the slovenians, this argentine had soemthing ugly to say about a Spurs player of international origin

I believe he isn't Argentinian...

angel_luv
05-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Rasho got called for a lot of fouls last night, but I felt that was because he was aggresive on defense and kept attempting to block shots. I liked his energy out there.

Obviously Pop liked Sho's contributions as well because he continued to send Sho in.

T Park
05-03-2006, 01:21 PM
i dont know what game you watched, but in the second half Rasho was playing good ball.

He hedged the pick and rolls very well.

His offensive rebound in the4th was HUGE

along with his other rebounds.

Rasho played a very solid, to good game last night.

He got a block on Bonzi twice, both times bullshit foul calls.

The Great One
05-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Rasho got called for a lot of fouls last night, but the majority of them because he was aggresive on defense and attempting to block shots. I liked his energy out there.

Obviously Pop liked Sho's contributions because he continued to send him in.
rasho is a beast. he is the mj of the post.

T Park
05-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Rasho got called for a lot of fouls last night, but the majority of them because he was aggresive on defense and attempting to block shots. I liked his energy out there.

Angel makes a great point.

He got fouls last night, cause he was AGRESSIVE on defense.

Unlike Nazr Mohammed.

Rasho got his fouls from blocking shots.

the one though where he stood his ground and had both hands up as Bonzi ran into him was total bullshit.

boutons_
05-03-2006, 01:23 PM
The Great One, plonk

The Great One
05-03-2006, 01:26 PM
The Great One, plonk
what is a bouton? sounds like a cross between a booty and a crouton. you are a sick man.

Vashner
05-03-2006, 01:28 PM
His fouls came at very bad times. I was listening on radio and when he got fouled the crowd fell out of the game and the lead got chisled away.

If anything I blame the crowd for that. I guess after the deal when at the Saints 1st game here we got so loud the QB could not hear his helm speaker.

hahah.. oh well only half the people so it will never be that loud. but still they he fould and crowd started talking to themself again instead of screaming.

nkdlunch
05-03-2006, 01:33 PM

WTF u talking about. He did good, considering he was w/4 other Guards on the floor. Rasho was decent last night.

T Park
05-03-2006, 01:35 PM
His fouls came at very bad times. I was listening on radio and when he got fouled the crowd fell out of the game and the lead got chisled away

Is there ever a good time to get a foul? :lol

The one foul that he got on Bonzi, I know I said it before, but my god, it was just horrible..

thispego
05-03-2006, 01:36 PM
I believe he isn't Argentinian...
so that makes it ok, right?

not a knock on you manusmagicalleft, just stating that whenever an international poster posts something negative about another international player who is not of their own nationality, worlds collide between slovenia, argentina, france, etc.

T Park
05-03-2006, 01:37 PM
:lol

Pego is very right.

The Great One
05-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Is there ever a good time to get a foul? :lol

The one foul that he got on Bonzi, I know I said it before, but my god, it was just horrible..
There is a great time to get a foul. When bonzi or artest is going for a layup... actually go for the ball but lay them out on their back with a hard body check. Throw in a nice "accidental" elbow or forearm for effect.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-03-2006, 01:39 PM
so that makes it ok, right?

Seems to me you are the one trying to start something. Does it really matter where the guy is from?? Why do people focus on nationality as a means to prove a point? it has nothing to do with anything!

not a knock on you manusmagicalleft, just stating that whenever an international poster posts something negative about another international player who is not of their own nationality, worlds collide between slovenia, argentina, france, etc.
no worlds are colliding on this one, so leave it be

Slinkyman
05-03-2006, 01:42 PM
some players have to do so very little to have a "good game" while other players have to do so much otherwise they are "garbage". Rasho had 4 rebs 0 points in 11 mins with 4 fouls and alot of people think he had a good game while NVE played 14 had 4 rebs and 4 assists yet he's garbage?

The Great One
05-03-2006, 01:42 PM
I am from chile and cheer for tony parker but love rasho and boris diaw. I think raja bell is going to hell and steve nash is smoking some hash. international or national is all the same, if you dont like it dont watch

ManuTastic
05-03-2006, 01:43 PM
i dont know what game you watched, but in the second half Rasho was playing good ball.

I was watching the game where he got called for two fouls as soon as he got in the game. I don't remember cringing as much at him in the second half, so he must have gotten somewhat better. But I think "good ball" is a serious overstatement. Maybe "Good as you could expect from Rasho on a bad day." But certainly not in the first half.

And to someone else, I already said I didn't watch games 1-4, so I don't know what Nazr's been like this series. Apparently pretty bad. But at times last night I thought anyone, from Oberto to Sean Marks in a suit and wingtips, would have been an upgrade on Rasho.

And no, I'm not Argentinean, unlike my hero Manu. :smokin

rayray2k8
05-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Bro, Im a Rasho hater and even I admit hes played well this series.
Nazr didnt even play last night.. What does that say?
But Nazr gonna have to be the man at Center later on in the playoffs.
I hope this funk he's in wears off soon. :)

T Park
05-03-2006, 01:44 PM
some players have to do so very little to have a "good game" while other players have to do so much otherwise they are "garbage". Rasho had 4 rebs 0 points in 11 mins with 4 fouls and alot of people think he had a good game while NVE played 14 had 4 rebs and 4 assists yet he's garbage

I thought Van Exel played fantastic.

Only getting 1 or 2 shots is Bullshit, but he ran the team very well, his assists were huge, especially that drop off for Duncan and that thread the needle to Horry.

Both Van Exel and Rasho played damn good ball last night.

T Park
05-03-2006, 01:45 PM
And to someone else, I already said I didn't watch games 1-4, so I don't know what Nazr's been like this series. Apparently pretty bad. But at times last night I thought anyone, from Oberto to Sean Marks in a suit and wingtips, would have been an upgrade on Rasho

another person who doesn't watch the "little things"

thispego
05-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Seems to me you are the one trying to start something. Does it really matter where the guy is from?? Why do people focus on nationality as a means to prove a point? it has nothing to do with anything!

no worlds are colliding on this one, so leave it be
i'll leave it be when you guys stop "defending your countryman" and start viewing every spurs players performance objectively

ploto
05-03-2006, 01:53 PM
It is no coincidence that Finley went off late in the third quarter hitting open jump shots with Rasho in the game. Rasho did a great job last night setting screens for all the jump shooters to get open. 4 rebounds in 10 1/2 minutes is quite a good rebounding pace- best on the whole team last night. All you need to know is Rasho was in the game in the fourth quarter- Pop obviously liked something he saw. As for the fouls, they were borderline calls and came from aggressive defense. Would you prefer Wells get a dunk or a lay-up?

ploto
05-03-2006, 01:54 PM
I didn't see the first four games, but surely Nazr played better??
Not even close.

I see now the money might have went to his head and not to his game.
Not even close here either.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-03-2006, 01:55 PM
i'll leave it be when you guys stop "defending your countryman" and start viewing every spurs players performance objectively I see, so I can't comment on Manu unless I'm bagging on him right? 'cause if I defend him, I'm just "defending my countryman" right? what a bunch of bullshit. You are the one focusing on nationality, I like Manu for the same reason San Antonians like Manu, I really don't give that he is Argentinian. Personally, I'm not too fond of Oberto, but by your reasoning I should be defending him aswell huh?

Give it a rest

MannyIsGod
05-03-2006, 01:56 PM
It is no coincidence that Finley went off late in the third quarter hitting open jump shots with Rasho in the game. Rasho did a great job last night setting screens for all the jump shooters to get open. 4 rebounds in 10 1/2 minutes is quite a good rebounding pace- best on the whole team last night. All you need to know is Rasho was in the game in the fourth quarter- Pop obviously liked something he saw. As for the fouls, they were borderline calls and came from aggressive defense. Would you prefer Wells get a dunk or a lay-up?Sidenote: I think you walked past Me, Jekka, LJ and Slomo last night as you were leaving the arena because we saw the modified Rasho jersey.

Anyhow, Rasho played very well last night even if the stats don't show it. He got robbed a couple of times when he had blocks and the refs called bullshit.

Also, NVE played very well also. People care too much about the damn stats when these guys do things that don't show up on the stat sheet.

smoke1
05-03-2006, 01:57 PM
I thought Van Exel played fantastic.

Only getting 1 or 2 shots is Bullshit, but he ran the team very well, his assists were huge, especially that drop off for Duncan and that thread the needle to Horry.

Both Van Exel and Rasho played damn good ball last night.
You know who played damn good ball last night - NAZR!! That fucker had 0 turnovers, 0 fouls, and never got the ball stripped away from his weak ass hands once. His best game of the series by FAR!!

T Park
05-03-2006, 01:59 PM
It is no coincidence that Finley went off late in the third quarter hitting open jump shots with Rasho in the game. Rasho did a great job last night setting screens for all the jump shooters to get open. 4 rebounds in 10 1/2 minutes is quite a good rebounding pace- best on the whole team last night. All you need to know is Rasho was in the game in the fourth quarter- Pop obviously liked something he saw. As for the fouls, they were borderline calls and came from aggressive defense. Would you prefer Wells get a dunk or a lay-up?

Exactly right.

His pick sets last night were fantastic.

Ginobili and Parker got open shots quite a bit thanks to his picks set.

Manny makes great points too as usual.

angel_luv
05-03-2006, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=MannyIsGod]Sidenote: I think you walked past Me, Jekka, LJ and Slomo last night as you were leaving the arena because we saw the modified Rasho jersey.
[QUOTE]

Modified how?

MannyIsGod
05-03-2006, 02:02 PM
She made it smaller to fit better.

smoke1
05-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Exactly right.

His pick sets last night were fantastic.

Ginobili and Parker got open shots quite a bit thanks to his picks set.

Manny makes great points too as usual.

TP and Manu got great open shots because the Kings were playing Under every screen. Manu's grandma could've set those screens.

Berkmandlc
You know who played damn good ball last night - NAZR!! That fucker had 0 turnovers, 0 fouls, and never got the ball stripped away from his weak ass hands once. His best game of the series by FAR!!
:tu

smoke1
She made it smaller to fit better.
Really? That's a good sign. At least she didnt have to let it out...

T Park
05-03-2006, 02:04 PM
TP and Manu got great open shots because the Kings were playing Under every screen. Manu's grandma could've set those screens

:rolleyes

offf courseeee

:lol you guys are unreal.

ManuTastic
05-03-2006, 02:05 PM
another person who doesn't watch the "little things"

Not because I didn't want to see them, brah. Just couldn't catch them. :fro

MannyIsGod
05-03-2006, 02:06 PM
TP and Manu got great open shots because the Kings were playing Under every screen. Manu's grandma could've set those screens.You realize that when you go under a screen its easy to stop penetration, so how in the hell did Manu get to the basket over and over?

On TP they've been going under the screen all series, so thats no suprise.

Anyhow, you're not going to give credit, so whatever.

smoke1
05-03-2006, 02:07 PM
:rolleyes

offf courseeee

:lol you guys are unreal.
DID THEY NOT?? Now i'm not saying that Rasho didnt play well, because he did, but TP and Manu got open shots because of their ability to drive to the basket and finish. Rasho set good screens that let them get to the rim a couple of times, but that wasnt what you said. I was merely explaining that TP and Manu will get open shots because the Kings will play under every screen. If they make those shots regularly then the Kings will have to play over the screen and that will allow Manu and TP to get to the rim more.

Trifecta
05-03-2006, 02:09 PM

That's what I'm talking about!!!!! :lmao

smoke1
05-03-2006, 02:09 PM
You realize that when you go under a screen its easy to stop penetration, so how in the hell did Manu get to the basket over and over?

On TP they've been going under the screen all series, so thats no suprise.

Anyhow, you're not going to give credit, so whatever.
I already explained this in the above post, but Manu and TP's ability to get to the rim was a combination of well executed screens and some damn aggressiveness on their part. Both of them had blown by their defensive man before the screen was set many times, the screen helped them gain an extra step to the rim.

If they came out with this kind of FIRE in games 3 and 4 then the series would be over now.