PDA

View Full Version : How many here have league pass or NBA TV?

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 01:40 PM
The reason I ask is that it would seem that some here have no knowledge of other teams around the league. How many games have you watched of other NBA teams this year? Here's my general estimate of how many games I've seen of each opponent.

Mavs I've probably seen around 80 games including the playoffs
Spurs I've watched roughly 25-30 times this year including the playoffs
Phoenix 10-15 times
Lake show 10-15 times
Detroit 15-20 times
Sactown 15-20 times
Memphis maybe 10 games
Miami 10-15 times
Nets 10-15 times

That's a just a few examples, obviously the Spurs/Mavs are going to be the primary, my wife being from Kirby growing up a Spurs fan.

T Park
05-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Ive prob watched 72 Spurs games this year.

Mavericks, about 15.

Lakers about 72 as well, I always watch them after the Spurs game is over.

The rest, a total of 10.

mavsfan1000
05-03-2006, 01:42 PM
I watched enough of the spurs to know to fear them. You have to play the perfect series to beat them. The kings were close but not quite there.

The Great One
05-03-2006, 01:44 PM
The reason I ask is that it would seem that some here have no knowledge of other teams around the league. How many games have you watched of other NBA teams this year? Here's my general estimate of how many games I've seen of each opponent.

Mavs I've probably seen around 80 games including the playoffs
Spurs I've watched roughly 25-30 times this year including the playoffs
Phoenix 10-15 times
Lake show 10-15 times
Detroit 15-20 times
Sactown 15-20 times
Memphis maybe 10 games
Miami 10-15 times
Nets 10-15 times

That's a just a few examples, obviously the Spurs/Mavs are going to be the primary, my wife being from Kirby growing up a Spurs fan.

damn, thats a lot of BB. Surprised you still have a wife... :lol

mavsfan1000
05-03-2006, 01:51 PM
I don't keep track but I watch Miami, San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, and Sacramento the most. I watch all of the mavs games of course.

bdubya
05-03-2006, 02:05 PM
I missed 4 or 5 Pistons games*. Watched probably 20-25 Spurs games, plus parts (a quarter or so) of a lot of others. Plus a few Mavs and Heat games, and the first few Orlando games after the Cato trade. I got the LP so I could watch all the Pistons games; everything else is a bonus.

(* - heard most of those on Sirius while I was on the road.)

Beaverfuzz
05-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Mostly Spurs games, although since I'm in Portland I did watch a few Blazer games. Ususally get to watch parts of all of the playoff games now thanks to TiVo.

Jimcs50
05-03-2006, 02:09 PM
I have it

I subscribe to NBA League Pass so I can watch Spurs games. I have watched about 80 Spurs' games.

themvp
05-03-2006, 02:15 PM
I have watched about 30+ Spurs games, and 5 other...I live in Slovenia..so here is my excuse :rolleyes

But watching BB or playing BB are tottaly diferent things. :angel

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 02:18 PM

My wife is actually a huge sports fan, and being a Texas Ex she's a beer drinking Hellfire Longhorn fan too. GO TEXAS!! NCAA Champions!

smoke1
05-03-2006, 02:20 PM
My wife is actually a huge sports fan, and being a Texas Ex she's a beer drinking Hellfire Longhorn fan too. GO TEXAS!! NCAA Champions!
Lucky Bastard! HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!

Pero
05-03-2006, 02:37 PM
What`s the difference between NBATv and League Pass?

leemajors
05-03-2006, 02:42 PM
NBAtv is a channel year round, League Pass you can see "every" NBA game excluding those with regional restrictions. i watch any game that's on the channels i have and is remotely interesting. if not i watch stuff on my dvr and flip back for score updates. i also listen to good matchups on SIRIUS, radio is just about as good as TV most of the time for sports. it's great to hear something on the radio and then watch the highlights later to compare what you visualize with what it really looked like. on another topic, i like books more than movies so maybe that explains why i don't mind radio. a great announcer on the radio makes you feel like you are there... i like bill schoening and i also love listening to milo hamilton.

50 cent
05-03-2006, 02:46 PM
I've watched more than all of you. I have League Pass and will watch the damn Bobcats play the Hawks. I love the NBA.

johngateswhiteley
05-03-2006, 02:47 PM
...i have nba tv and all the high definition channels, so i usually get the nba tv game in high def which is nice. but i don't have the league pass, although i watch most of the national coverage on espn, abc and tnt when those other cities' teams are on.

...as for the longhorns, i hate them. Gig'em Aggies! as far as i am concerned the t-sips can burn...

Jimcs50
05-03-2006, 02:48 PM
I've watched more than all of you. I have League Pass and will watch the damn Bobcats play the Hawks. I love the NBA.

I think we need to send you to NBAA

:)

SpursWoman
05-03-2006, 02:51 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I have a full time career, a family, baseball, softball, remodeling my house....my life is pretty full. I catch a non-Spurs game every once in a while, and I've watched a ton of playoff games so far, but...

I don't know if I would be that proud to admit that I sit my lazy ass in front of the TV all day and night for at least 7 months out of the year. I mean damn...if a single game lasts approximately 2 1/2 hours, your Lazyboy must have one hell of an ass imprint.

:lol

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 02:52 PM
...i have nba tv and all the high definition channels, so i usually get the nba tv game in high def which is nice. but i don't have the league pass, although i watch most of the national coverage on espn, abc and tnt when those other cities' teams are on.

I know what you mean there, I probably won't do league pass again, NBA TV is dirt cheap and it combined with what's on TNT and ESPN usually means there's at least one game on a night.

I'll disregard the rest of your post.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 02:54 PM
I have had NBA League Pass and NFL Sunday Ticket every year that they've been in existence. I watch more basketball and football than should be humanly possible.

Horry For 3!
05-03-2006, 02:54 PM
I only have NBATV

johngateswhiteley
05-03-2006, 02:59 PM
I'll disregard the rest of your post.

...fair enough.

smoke1
05-03-2006, 03:04 PM
I have league pass, but only to watch the Spurs as I live 100 miles west of Dallas and only get mavs on Fox Sports SW. I dont think I watched any non-spurs game on LP except maybe a half of Pistons once or twice.

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I have a full time career, a family, baseball, softball, remodeling my house....my life is pretty full. I catch a non-Spurs game every once in a while, and I've watched a ton of playoff games so far, but...

I don't know if I would be that proud to admit that I sit my lazy ass in front of the TV all day and night for at least 7 months out of the year. I mean damn...if a single game lasts approximately 2 1/2 hours, your Lazyboy must have one hell of an ass imprint.

:lol

Uh no most BBall games I watch only last around 1.5 hours :lol Unless it's one I care about! Then I'll watch that live, no seriously some of you should get DVR's.

Am I the only one who hated silent games this season? That was just fucking weird?

birdy219
05-03-2006, 03:17 PM
I have BOTH because I live in a non-pro sports team city. I have watched or listened to every Spurs game. I sacrificed the :bling and my Spurs rarely disappoint me. :flag:

smoke1
05-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Uh no most BBall games I watch only last around 1.5 hours :lol Unless it's one I care about! Then I'll watch that live, no seriously some of you should get DVR's.

Am I the only one who hated silent games this season? That was just fucking weird?

Damn, you DVR that many games?? That's hard core. I love my DVR, and use it to get spurs games that I cant watch live. I do like it for regular season games since I can fast forward all of the crap and commercials and dead balls and stupid, irrelevant half time analysis and just watch game. I think I can watch a game in like 40 minutes that way.

SpursWoman
05-03-2006, 03:35 PM

True...I'm still getting used to mine. I don't use it enough for it to be automatic. I forget sometimes I don't have to watch all of the crap filler and dumbass commercials.

:fro

nkdlunch
05-03-2006, 03:39 PM
No need for league pass. Spurs start to play for real in the playoffs. all 16+ of those playoff games are usually on National TV

shelshor
05-03-2006, 10:20 PM
It's like watching the comedy warm-up act before the headliner comes on
Sort of like watching the Texans/49er game for comic relief before, say, the Colts and Steelers come on

kellog
05-03-2006, 11:38 PM
I have both!!! NBA TV was only added after learning that games that were on Nba tv were not on the ticket. It was only a few dollars more and well worth it.

I Love Nba TV! They usually have some after game talk but with the ticket it is just goodnight. I will have them both next year again!

I really only watch the Spurs for all of the game but I do check most of the teams out.

I have only missed about 10 games this year. 5 of them I was on vacation and the other was Christmas Day. The rest were on regular tv and didn't get them in my market. I did miss both Pistion games (Christmas and Vacation)!

MissAllThat
05-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Since I live in Austin, League Pass is a waste considering they black out all Spurs games. Yes, its gay. I know. And Im sorry but I don't like all the other teams enough to pay money to not see a single spurs game with it. Plus, I'm not home enough to enjoy it. Being a UT student, I get to go to all of the Longhorns games that I please, and I'll pretty much pick a live football/basketball game over one on tv any day. That being said, I do follow the NBA intensely by reading up on the teams and checking box scores and of course sportscenter and stuff like that. I don't think having LeaguePass or NBATv (which btw I had until time warner just retardedly took it off my bill...weirdos) makes you know more about sports. Frankly, you can have them and still be a moron.

mike detroit
05-04-2006, 01:15 AM
I have mlb.tv but why the hell would i want nba tv. oh look a bunch of bad teams losing, what entertainment.

trueD
05-04-2006, 03:04 AM
I've been getting NBA League Pass for three years now, I wouldn't be without it. If I had to turn the couch over to gather change--go thru my jacket pockets twice a year--sell my firstborn child--I would have League Pass.

No one in my house expects much from me during basketball season, but I make up for it during the offseason with extra cooking, cleaning and more blowjobs.

50 cent
05-04-2006, 09:08 AM
No one in my house expects much from me during basketball season, but I make up for it during the offseason with extra cooking, cleaning and more blowjobs.
Can I marry you?

:smokin

LilMissSPURfect
05-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Have you really tried to watch.....I mean really? Some of them games r just horrible!.......(unforced turnovers...no defense....and...ME attitude....just don''t do it) other than the SPURS, DETROIT and Some Western Teams....IT's FRESH PRINCE reruns for me!!!!!

mikejones99
05-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Some bars do not even know they get NBAtv, ask a manager or get the remote yourself if you really want to see the games because most people outside of Texas don't know about or even care about the Spurs.

rasho8
05-04-2006, 11:59 AM
I have NBATV, I have only missed 3 spurs games... so I watched almost every team play the Spurs this year... the rest of the teams.. dont really care.

marciaspurs21
05-04-2006, 12:13 PM
I have NBA League for few years but no nbatv on my cable! ;)

MI21
05-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Living in Australia, cable TV gives us 2 games a week. I watch all of them.

I get about 60 out of 82 Spurs games via DVD.

I seen about 15-20 Bucks games that mates downloaded, along with probably another 3/4 random games a week they download. I would have seen every team at least twice.

I get to see every Spurs playoffs game via piracy, as well as a bunch of other games.

In the end I probably watch about 6-8 games a week (half of them Non-Spur) along with NBA Action, Sportscenter etc for highlights, read all the recaps and read articles.

It's like a full time job :lol