PDA

View Full Version : Question for King Fans

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Bonzi Wells is obviously earning himself a steep paycheck this series, are the kings going to be able/willing to break the bank to keep Bonzi based on 1 playoff series?

Also, what is Ron Artests contract status? is he locked up for a couple more years?

KingsFanWithoutName
05-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Why don't you ask the Maloof brothers as I have no pull on whether or not Bonzi will be resigned or not. I feel he should be and I know the fans want him back after his recent performances. We only got to see a groin injured Bonzi during the regular season.

Ron is locked up for 3 years I believe.

Trainwreck2100
05-03-2006, 02:04 PM
This performance will lead to the mavs overpaying his ass

Wallace ²
05-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Artest has 2 more years with a player option for the third. Below would be his salary for the next 3 years.

Ron Artest $7,150,000 $7,800,000 $8,450,000

ducks
05-03-2006, 02:07 PM
terry is a fa and some expects think he wants a deal starting at 10 million
dallas is over the cap
I do not see dallas and kings making a deal
but kings helped the spurs before

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-03-2006, 02:16 PM
What I wonder about Bonzi, is after he gets paid, will he keep his game up at a high level, or will it be another Jaren Jackson situation.

smoke1
05-03-2006, 02:26 PM
a JJ reference!! Wow, havent thought about that guy in a long time. Bonzi is a good player, but nowhere near the level he has played at in this series. He is just hot at the right time, but that is soon to come to an end. His shooting is not nearly as good over the long haul as it has been this series. Someone will give him a huge contract, then regret it later.

mavsfan1000
05-03-2006, 02:28 PM
No offense to Bonzi but he made Bruce Bowen look like a scorer. His defense is horrible. He though has been awesome on offense but if he isn't making those shots he is a black hole.

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 02:49 PM
I have a question for Kings fans!!

What the fuck is up with Mike fucking Bibby????

I watched him some earlier this season and being one of only a few scoring options earlier this season he was jacking shots every where. When Bonzi, Artest, and to some extent Martin took more of a scoring role he took more of a back seat. I've never seen him jack so many ill advised shots before, as a mavs fan I've never seen him play this poorly in the playoffs..

Someone needs to pull him aside and say "dude WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!" Seriously talk about pisspoor shot selection, and alot of times it's early in the shot clock. The dudes a freak how many times have the kings got an offensive board and pass it back out to Bibby to reset, yet he jacks a 3 with a hand in his face and 21 on the shot clock? Damn I think the main reason why the Kings are down 3-2 is mental errors on Bibby's part.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Didnt Bibby suck it up last year in the playoffs?

timvp
05-03-2006, 03:01 PM

:lol

That's what I was point out to tell Mr. NBA League Pass.

mavsfan1000
05-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Bibby sucks now. Both Bibby and Peja have fallen apart since they lost Divac's and Webber.

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 03:07 PM

Hell I paid no attention to the Kings last year...... I forgot they even made the playoffs :lol

They played that anomally of a Sonics team though. I wrote them off after the Webber debacle.

timvp
05-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Hell I paid no attention to the Kings last year...... I forgot they even made the playoffs :lol

They played that anomally of a Sonics team though. I wrote them off after the Webber debacle.

Was your League Pass broken?

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Was your League Pass broken?

Yea......... That's it, no just because you have the ability to watch something doesn't mean you have to or are going to.......

Not a Seattle fan sorry, and the Kings sucked last year as a whole.

timvp
05-03-2006, 03:25 PM

The worst thing about the Spurs advancing to the next round would be having to put up with the Mav fans. I swear their average basketball IQ is single digit.

MadDog73
05-03-2006, 03:36 PM
No offense to Bonzi but he made Bruce Bowen look like a scorer. His defense is horrible. He though has been awesome on offense but if he isn't making those shots he is a black hole.

But he can rebound like a MF.

smoke1
05-03-2006, 03:38 PM

The worst thing about the Spurs advancing to the next round would be having to put up with the Mav fans. I swear their average basketball IQ is single digit.
At least it'll only be until the Spurs advance in 5 or 6.

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 03:43 PM

Wow, I sincerely hope you aren't referring to me........ If you are, I'd like to show you the wood shed now.

Bibby dropped off severely in the last 2 years in the Playoffs, but from 01-04 he's kicked some serious ass. Just check his stats in the Kings 03-04 playoff run.

He led his team in scoring 6 times, and led them in assists 7.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=sac&season=2004

He was a bad ass then, go ahead ask a Kings fan, or expand upon your limited B-ball IQ? Or at least your history of the NBA.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Wow, I sincerely hope you aren't referring to me........ If you are, I'd like to show you the wood shed now.

Bibby dropped off severely in the last 2 years in the Playoffs, but from 01-04 he's kicked some serious ass. Just check his stats in the Kings 03-04 playoff run.

He led his team in scoring 6 times, and led them in assists 7.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=sac&season=2004

He was a bad ass then, go ahead ask a Kings fan, or expand upon your limited B-ball IQ? Or at least your history of the NBA.

Only because their star players (Webber and Peja) were bigger chokers than he was.

timvp
05-03-2006, 03:48 PM
I've never seen him play this poorly in the playoffs..

Can you read your own post?

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Can you read your own post?

Yea, I can read my own posts, I've never seen him play this poorly in the PO's.

Maybe you can't read my posts, I didn't watch the Kings last year........ Damn got comprehension problems?

DirkAB
05-03-2006, 03:52 PM

You're basing that off of one game? Well, Bonzi is usually a much better defender, because I also noticed how poorly he looked defensively in game 5, but I think that had to do more with the effort he was giving on the offensive end. He's been focusing much more on the offensive end this series because of matchup problems for the Spurs plus he's been functioning more as a help defender on the defensive end since he's paired up with Bowen. Bonzi is a very good defender and you can't base your opinion on this series or that one game. Now on the other side of the coin he isn't that good of an offensive player usually and you can't base your opinion on this series or that game either.

efrem1
05-03-2006, 04:09 PM
I have a question for Kings fans!!

What the f*** is up with Mike f***** Bibby????

I

Listening in on KHTK's Rise Guys show this morning, they interviewed Grant Napear when he said that Bibby has some trouble with his tricep and that hopefully the two day's rest will help him.

leemajors
05-03-2006, 04:16 PM
i wouldn't call bonzi a very good defender. he can rebound though. i am waiting for mavtek vs timvp here.

DirkAB
05-03-2006, 04:27 PM
i wouldn't call bonzi a very good defender. he can rebound though. i am waiting for mavtek vs timvp here.

And what would you call him? And how many times have you watched him play?

leemajors
05-03-2006, 04:39 PM
he is a very effective post player and rebounder, especially when mismatched against a smaller player. he is not a good or very great defender, and never has been with portland, memphis, or sacramento. if good rebounding equals good defense then nazr could be a very good defender. he isn't. i have watched him play a good deal over his whole career, and i have never heard anyone call him a very good defender.

mavsfan1000
05-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Bonzi has potential to be a good defender but doesn't put the effort most of the time.

leemajors
05-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Bonzi has potential to be a good defender but doesn't put the effort most of the time.

agreed.

DirkAB
05-03-2006, 07:14 PM
You guys are insane if you don't think that Bonzi is at least a good defender, he's been at least a good defender his whole career dating back to college. He set steals records in college and averaged like 3pg, and he was w/o a doubt one of the Blazers best defenders during their hayday. Anybody that thinks he's an underachieving defender hasn't watched him play enough.

For those calling him a bad defender, let me ask you who would you call a good defender? How about a very good defender?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-03-2006, 07:16 PM
You guys are insane if you don't think that Bonzi is at least a good defender, he's been at least a good defender his whole career dating back to college. He set steals records in college and averaged like 3pg, and he was w/o a doubt one of the Blazers best defenders during their hayday. Anybody that thinks he's an underachieving defender hasn't watched him play enough.

For those calling him a bad defender, let me ask you who would you call a good defender? How about a very good defender?

Ron Artest

DirkAB
05-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Ron Artest

You can't be serious with that answer, Artest good or very good defender? Artest is a great defender or even better, he or Ben Wallace is w/o a doubt the greatest defender in the league. There are few great defenders in the league, but Artest is one of them. Thing is though, Artest is better than great on defense and there are maybe a handful or less of those around.

????????
05-03-2006, 08:37 PM
You can't be serious with that answer, Artest good or very good defender? Artest is a great defender or even better, he or Ben Wallace is w/o a doubt the greatest defender in the league. There are few great defenders in the league, but Artest is one of them. Thing is though, Artest is better than great on defense and there are maybe a handful or less of those around.

Funny, even with both Wells and Artest the Spurs are still averaging well over 100 points a game for 4 of the 5 games. Defense isnt exactly what's deciding this series unless it's the Spur's defense in the last three minutes of game 5 and OT of game 2.

mavsfan1000
05-03-2006, 08:45 PM
It's the kings soft frontline that is killing them.

DirkAB
05-04-2006, 01:39 AM
It's the kings soft frontline that is killing them.

Exactly, Brad Miller is the worst defensive center in the NBA, and his offense hasn't been worth a damn lately either. The Kings are sorely lacking a nice starting PF also, they have no size with Kenny Thomas and SAR, they are undersized for the position. Both can play well for stretches but they aren't really enough to get the job done against the elite.

trueD
05-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Bibby can shoot lights out when he gets hot, but someone said he takes ill-advised shots with lots of time on the clock and ding ding ding...that is correct! I (and others) have been bitching about that all year.

He was the NBA player of the week in in February with a couple of 40+ point games averaging around 36 PPG.

I don't think he missed a game last year, and he shot under 15 ppg 13 times and under 10 ppg 6 times. Consistancy has been a problem, mainly because before Artest he had to carry the load of shooting/play-making responsibility. And sometimes he gets a bug up his butt for no apparent reason, some here have seen him "partying" before games. He openly discussed his new role as "leader of this team", so there was concern about Artest's seemingly natural ability to lead ruffling Mike's feathers. Unfounded, as it turns out. Bibby isn't a natural leader, doesn't have the personality.

He played a huge role in distributing the ball to Web when they played the Princeton with Vlade at the elbow. He can get hot beyond the arc. He can score off dribble penetration straight down the lane or baseline, but since we don't really have anymore 3 point threats since Peja left (Brad doesn't really count, lol) the lane is usually too clogged. Doesn't stop him from running into three defenders in the paint sometimes when he is desperate, which I loathe. ;)

His role was kinda quashed with the exit (for the most part) of our Princeton Offense when Vlade and Webber left. He can set up plays but still tries to do too much on his own, though since Artest he is a little more relaxed on good days.

As for Brad, he is the worst of the worst on defense. Not even second to Bibby, imo...since it's basically the role of the 5 to defend heavily on that side of the floor.

Our 4's are kind of weak for 4's, but our 3's more than make up for now. We really need a shotblocker and a good backup point. Some of us (fans) would like to see more of Ronnie Price on the floor, nothing but hussle and he can shoot a little too. I don't know what we are going to do about a 5.

What's Rasho's contract look like? We got anything you like?

Nbadan
05-04-2006, 02:44 AM

Rasho and Barry for Kevin Martin and Bibby.

trueD
05-04-2006, 02:50 AM
Artest has 2 more years with a player option for the third. Below would be his salary for the next 3 years.

Ron Artest $7,150,000 $7,800,000 $8,450,000Heh, you gotta love those numbers. :elephant

If we can make yet another good showing against you guys Friday, and possibly take you back to your house for ONE MORE good showing...with Bonzi leading the way...good things are bound to happen in Sacramento. You gotta know, with the departure first of Vlade, then Doug Christie..then Web...the morale has been just a little low (and that's putting it mildly). Maloof's were willing to break the bank (and the cap space) for Web, then Bibby, but they got really cheap with Vlade and that scared some here. Hopefully they will right the ship (if warrented) and take their chances with Bonzi and cough up some dough, we may not get to see another opportunity for the kind of cohesiveness our team is starting to build, finally, since "the Webber debacle". I think Maloof's would really be putting their asses on the line if they pissed off the fans again; the Webber trade was hugely controversial and caused a sort of hangover effect that some fans haven't gotten over yet.

We were a great team in 2002, 2003 and before Web went down were the a favorite by some to win in the West. Maloof's know what it's like to be on the winning side, and that right from the gate. Seems to be that biting one of the 14 hands that feed them just doesn't make good business sense!

Nbadan
05-04-2006, 03:02 AM
Heh, you gotta love those numbers. :elephant

If we can make yet another good showing against you guys Friday, and possibly take you back to your house for ONE MORE good showing...with Bonzi leading the way...good things are bound to happen in Sacramento. You gotta know, with the departure first of Vlade, then Doug Christie..then Web...the morale has been just a little low (and that's putting it mildly). Maloof's were willing to break the bank (and the cap space) for Web, then Bibby, but they got really cheap with Vlade and that scared some here. Hopefully they will right the ship (if warrented) and take their chances with Bonzi and cough up some dough, we may not get to see another opportunity for the kind of cohesiveness our team is starting to build, finally, since "the Webber debacle". I think Maloof's would really be putting their asses on the line if they pissed off the fans again; the Webber trade was hugely controversial and caused a sort of hangover effect that some fans haven't gotten over yet.

We were a great team in 2002, 2003 and before Web went down were the a favorite by some to win in the West. Maloof's know what it's like to be on the winning side, and that right from the gate. Seems to be that biting one of the 14 hands that feed them just doesn't make good business sense!

You gotta ask yourself is Wells worth $11-13 million per year, because that's what your paying Bibby and Wells is looking for a raise at his current 8$ mil. That would be 2 players at more than $11 million, luckly you do have Artest signed below market value for a few years and Kevin Martin is a bargin. I would say sign Wells but move Bibby.

trueD
05-04-2006, 03:16 AM
You gotta ask yourself is Wells worth $11-13 million per year, because that's what your paying Bibby and Wells is looking for a raise at his current 8$ mil. That would be 2 players at more than $11 million, luckly you do have Artest signed below market value for a few years and Kevin Martin is a bargin. I would say sign Wells but move Bibby.Wells is gonna be 30, I don't think he'll command what Bibby is making unless he understands the theory of inflation, damn inflation. ;)

Yeah, we got a bargain with Artest. Peja was drawing that for 7-1/2 years, amazing that we could replace him with something better for nothing extra.

We're still over the cap 13 mil, but so is everybody unless you are the Sonics, Bobcats, Hornets or Hawks. It's just a way of life, like credit card debt.

I seriously doubt we part with Bibby but it could happen--only if we can get a good PG back, Hart is a bust. Ronnie Price does well in training camp next year and he is a strong possibility, but Adelman seems to like to go with what he knows, or whatthefuckever.

Brad has always talked about going back to Indiana to "retire" and Indiana has always regretted letting him go (if you listen to the fans, anyway). I could see us trading Brad somewhere and Indiana getting a hold of him in a three-way trade, would much rather see that happen then lose the last guy from our "glory days". Plus Brad is so friggin' useless on the block, ugh.

DirkAB
05-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Screw Rasho, Nazr is a free agent this summer, I think he'd be a fine addition to the Kings. Put Nazr at center and move Miller to PF.

LilMissSPURfect
05-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Rasho on the move.........DOUBLE DANG!!!!!!! HE's the man against SnaQ and YO!

DirkAB
05-04-2006, 03:08 PM
You gotta ask yourself is Wells worth $11-13 million per year, because that's what your paying Bibby and Wells is looking for a raise at his current 8$ mil. That would be 2 players at more than $11 million, luckly you do have Artest signed below market value for a few years and Kevin Martin is a bargin. I would say sign Wells but move Bibby.

No way in hell Bonzi will get that much, if he does it will be from a bottom dweller of a team. If Bonzi wants to play for a good team he'll get paid about what he is now, in the $8-9 mil range. You would sign Bonzi for $11-13 mil and trade Bibby? Brilliant!