PDA

View Full Version : Where's the crowd?

Soultaco
05-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Where the hell is the San Antonio crowd? You guys only get loud at the end of the game. I was at Arco arena on Sunday night supporting the Spurs and that place was rocking from bell to bell. They give out the thunder sticks at the door and they have 16,ooo people smashing those things every time the Spurs have the ball or shoot free throws. I had to grab and pop of few that got a little to close to my grill. I watched the game last night and was blown away at how weak the crowd in San Antonio is. Get off your asses and make some noise. How about a little home court love for the champs. Go Spurs!!!

UtownSpur
05-03-2006, 04:01 PM
I thought the crowd sounded very loud throughout the game! Good job by the fans at the AT&T in my book.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 04:02 PM
The AT&T Center crowd was awesome last night.

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2006, 04:11 PM
I was at Game 3 in Sacramento and at Game 5 in San Antonio and thought that the Game 5 crowd was more involved and louder than the Game 3 crowd.

Soultaco
05-03-2006, 04:13 PM
They were pretty loud at times but they need to give that love all game. Watch on Friday every person is going nuts when the visitors are at the line or has the ball. I was in the 6th row on Sunday and I've never been in a louder arena. I just want to see the home crowd kill it like that.

Sspursin06
05-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Where the hell is the San Antonio crowd? You guys only get loud at the end of the game. I was at Arco arena on Sunday night supporting the Spurs and that place was rocking from bell to bell. They give out the thunder sticks at the door and they have 16,ooo people smashing those things every time the Spurs have the ball or shoot free throws. I had to grab and pop of few that got a little to close to my grill. I watched the game last night and was blown away at how weak the crowd in San Antonio is. Get off your asses and make some noise. How about a little home court love for the champs. Go Spurs!!!

the at&t center doesn't mike the crowd for the tv audience. i was at game 7 of the finals last year and I couldn't hear myself think and my ears hurt. I had recorded game 7 on my dvr and when i got home to watch it , the crowd didnt sound that loud from the tv point of view. The Suns crowd never seems loud, but I went to one of the game in the 2000 first round and it was so loud. Some arenas just don't mike their crowds.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2006, 04:25 PM
the at&t center doesn't mike the crowd for the tv audience. .

True. That's a huge difference on why it doesn't sound as loud as on TV.

I've been to a lot of playoff games at various arenas around the country. Last night's crowd was pretty loud.

smoke1
05-03-2006, 04:30 PM
I was loud. I cussed the refs over and over on my tv for calling bullshit on TD and Rasho on a couple of blocks, and on that play where Wells acted like he got hit by Bruce and that little runt Crawford actually called the foul without seeing any contact. They should fire any ref that does that on the spot. It was obvious.

The playoff games I go to in SA sound fairly loud, but can be better I think. Everyone should stand and bang on the seat in front of them at the same time. That shit would shake the building.

efrem1
05-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Hmm,

Interesting point Kori. Hopefully next year when I travel back to SA, I will take up a game at the T and hear for myself.

beemerr23
05-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Where the hell is the San Antonio crowd? You guys only get loud at the end of the game. I was at Arco arena on Sunday night supporting the Spurs and that place was rocking from bell to bell. They give out the thunder sticks at the door and they have 16,ooo people smashing those things every time the Spurs have the ball or shoot free throws. I had to grab and pop of few that got a little to close to my grill. I watched the game last night and was blown away at how weak the crowd in San Antonio is. Get off your asses and make some noise. How about a little home court love for the champs. Go Spurs!!! Nothing compares to Arco Arena, nothing my friend.

Tigole Bitties
05-03-2006, 04:49 PM
I was at Arco arena on Sunday night supporting the Spurs and that place was rocking from bell to bell. They give out the thunder sticks at the door and they have 16,ooo people smashing those things every time the Spurs have the ball or shoot free throws.

Peter Holt is too cheap to provide thundersticks for everyone. Just look at how the organization celebrates a playoff home -- no streamers, fireworks, or confetti. Cheapass.

Trainwreck2100
05-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Peter Holt is too cheap to provide thundersticks for everyone. Just look at how the organization celebrates a playoff home -- no streamers, fireworks, or confetti. Cheapass.

That shit is for the championship, do we look like the Wizards to you?

spurastic
05-03-2006, 04:54 PM
I was going to post a picture of my thundersticks (or what is left of them) from the game but don't see a way to attach the picture. There was lots of cheering and clapping of thundersticks. I think TV stations filters out the background noise to some degree. I have been to games and then watched the recorded game later and the recorded game does not give the full sound effects.

SpursWoman
05-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Nothing compares to Arco Arena, nothing my friend.

Game 7 of the Finals last year at the SBC Center...my ears are still bleeding.

Did you watch it? Or did you become disinterested like Mavstek did. ;) :lol

SoCalSpursFan
05-03-2006, 04:58 PM
In the playoffs all crowds are great...how can they not be...its the playoffs.

Here in L.A....the Staples crowd is HORRIBLE....but during the lakers/suns game 4 the crowd was out of control. The playoff feeling is in the air, and its awsome, no matter where you are.

J.T.
05-03-2006, 05:00 PM
My voice still hurts from last night.

greyforest
05-03-2006, 05:13 PM

everyone says this but i dont see any dB meter readings!

i think the nba does do this though...they could tell us :spin

dknights411
05-03-2006, 05:41 PM

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/sanantonio/HemisFair.jpg

HemisFair anyone? Old school yes, but that place rocked.

Vashner
05-03-2006, 06:38 PM
They did sound good last night execept there was a couple of fall offs where it got quiet and the lead was cut.

It needs to be constant noise. We need to bring back those old giant stupid trumpet things lol... remember those?

picnroll
05-03-2006, 06:43 PM
I lost my hearing in the HemisFair.

LilMissSPURfect
05-03-2006, 09:29 PM
I lost my hearing in the HemisFair.

eeeeeeh? como?
http://cache.wonkette.com/images/lalalalala%20i%20can't%20hear%20you.jpg

:lol :spin

Obstructed_View
05-03-2006, 09:48 PM
I was at the Summit for game seven of the western conference semis in 1995 when Houston closed out the Suns. That place was so loud it blurred your vision. There's nothing in the world louder than a Houston fan after his team wins.

Extra Stout
05-03-2006, 09:58 PM
I was at the Summit for game seven of the western conference semis in 1995 when Houston closed out the Suns. That place was so loud it blurred your vision. There's nothing in the world louder than a Houston fan after his team wins.
Game 7 of that series in 1995 was in Phoenix. Perhaps you meant 1994?

Buddy Holly
05-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Why is it that people who can't compare both crowds from personal in-arena experience create these threads ALL the time.

Oh yeah, they go by TV sound... lol

MissAllThat
05-04-2006, 12:59 AM
I thought the crowd was pretty loud last night. When the game started I was having trouble hearing the pre-game stuff with Sean talking, and whoever else had a mic for that matter. It was really loud to start the game. It did kinda fizzle and die down a bit after that and at times, but there were some moments in which they were really loud. And of course from the ringing in my ears after game 7 last year, I know those fans can be just as loud, if not louder, as any others in the league.

mike detroit
05-04-2006, 01:02 AM
fyi, the crowd noise is a valid indicator of how good a team is. oh wait, it isn't.