PDA

View Full Version : Boston scores 4 in 9th!

Jimcs50
10-07-2004, 12:54 AM
Long game...looks good. Boston up 8-3 in the bottom of the 9th. Orlando Cabrera hits 3 run triple to clear the bases in the 9th, after they intentionally walked Trot Nixon.......Big mistake. Yes!!!!

Jimcs50
10-07-2004, 12:59 AM
Foulke gets the last 4 outs without allowing a base runner. What a game...it is late and I have to get up at 6....damn these West coast games.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-07-2004, 01:32 AM
Fucking Yankees!

tlongII
10-07-2004, 08:16 AM
Jim,

I told you Boston would win this series!

Sportcamper
10-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Well...basically what we have witnessed is baseballs conspiracy to get this Bambino curse off the Bo Sox once & for all...The Angles pinpoint pitches seemed to just elude the strike zone of umpire Jerry Meals most of the evening...This is a shame considering the Angels are fielding two minor league players as it is...Do the Red Sox really need the extra help?...

I would like to see the Red Sox win a series fair & square (like the Yankees for instance)...Before I can cheer for these guys.... :makemyday

Jimcs50
10-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Camper, Pedro was getting the same small strike zone. Foulke got a break against Troy Glaus in the 8th though, but other than that, Meals was consistant. You are just used to the expanded strike zone that is all too commonplace in the playoffs. ie Lavon Hernandez for example, in NCLS against the Braves in 97, his strike zone was horrific.

tlongII
10-07-2004, 01:56 PM
That called 3rd strike on Glaus was a JOKE! It wasn't even close and it was at a KEY point in the game!

I agree about the 97 playoffs with Hernandez pitching. That was the worst home plate umpiring I've ever seen!

Jimcs50
10-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Key? No, I disagree, it was 2 outs anyway, so having a runner at 2nd, and 2 strikes and 2 balls on Glaus might not have made any difference in the outcome. Anaheim's mistake was walking Nixon and pitching to Cabrera, who had a gane winning hit against Rivera two wks ago giving Rivera only his 2nd blown save of the year. Cabrera has been money with runners in scoring position the last 6 wks, he fights off pitches with foul balls until he gets something he can drive over the infield.