PDA

View Full Version : This is kind of cool

Ocotillo
05-03-2006, 04:04 PM
link (http://www.rawstory.com/comments/14976.html)

The Bush administration is seeking to develop a powerful ground-based laser weapon that would use beams of concentrated light to destroy enemy satellites in orbit.

The largely secret project, parts of which have been made public through Air Force budget documents submitted to Congress in February, is part of a wide-ranging effort to develop space weapons, both defensive and offensive. No treaty or law forbids such work.

Nbadan
05-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Gee, what countries have satellites in Space?

Ocotillo
05-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Just the other day I heard on either TV or radio where Russia had launched a sattelite for Israel. I imagine quite a few countries have them.

I wonder if "the Decider" is going to target al-Jazeera first. :lol

Trainwreck2100
05-03-2006, 06:36 PM
When are we gonna get the Star Wars laser Reagan promised, death from above to all our enemies. But from space, so we can blame it on aliens.

RandomGuy
05-03-2006, 07:59 PM
"Theresa Hitchens, director of the Center for Defense Information, a private group in Washington that tracks military programs, said the subcommittee's action last week was a significant break with the administration. "It's really the first time you've seen the Republican-led Congress acknowledge that these issues require public scrutiny," she said.[U]"

Source article.

Holy shit, the GOP is actually advocating more openness in government despite the incompetant-in-chief obsession with secrecy...

Nbadan
05-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Another billions of dollars military boon-doogle. Russia already has missiles capable of defeating the missile defense system we paid for that doesn't even work right. Hell, even Iran has radar evading missiles.